Careercow Donald J Trump - 45th President of the USA, Epstein bro, serial liar, cheat and the Chris-Chan of Presidents

Does Donny have a chance in 2024?

• Absolutely, tremendously. Sleepy Joe is already losing and ballots are Chinese

Votes: 123 21.3%
  • I am trusting the plan with every fiber of my being. I hurt with how hard I trust the plan.

Votes: 53 9.2%
  • У меня аутизм, пожалуйста, смейся надо мной

Votes: 161 27.9%
  • Slow down CornPop, Joe's already got the oval office chair just right. He's staying.

Votes: 108 18.7%
  • JEB!

Votes: 300 51.9%

• Total voters

deangusmacteard

kiwifarms.net
The American system of government does not allow for dictators.

Chomsky is, as always, irrelevant.
Chomsky's a tool, but that's an overwhelmingly-optimistic take on the state of American democracy.

Our constitutional jurisprudence is a schizophrenic mess, our legislators have ceded most of their job to executive regulators and our executive branch unabashedly claims the sacred right to drone-bomb your entire family without trial.

(It bears noting that the defining characteristic of a dictator is the power to create law by dictate which, through the regulatory state, American presidents clearly possess)

To the extent that Orange Man may have broken with that pattern, it's because a permanent unelected bureaucracy of federal regulators, cops and spymasters conducted a very public Resistance to his administration.

I mean, the fuckers managed to convince half the country that a giant orange clown with an itchy Twitter finger who can't even "collude" with his own staff is secretly a genius Russian spy.

If someone non-senile were elected with the assent of the oligarchy, it'd be a pretty tough case to make that they weren't effectively a dictator.
No, what he should be doing is investing in conservative alternative platforms
Yeah it is a safe bet that Trump will do literally nothing to advance his legacy - such as it is - beyond pursuing petty vendettas against Republicans who crossed him and allowing favored sycophants to grift off his name.

This, coincidentally I'm sure, will be activity that doesn't incentivize prosecutors to fabricate more reasons to prosecute him. SDNY DGAF about Trump screwing Republican incumbents in primaries or screwing MAGA boomers out of their money.

Everyone with a clue was begging Trump to move to Gab in Jan, but he couldn't even muster the effort to create a Parler account. He didn't even lift a finger when Parler got illegally yeeted by AWS simply because of the possibility that he'd nut up and make an account outside the Big 3.

Whoever picks up the Trump torch... it's not going to be DJT.

JustStopDude

kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't understand why any conservative voter or GOP member gives President Trump the time of day since he single handedly gave the Senate to the Democrats.

Telling his supporters to not participate in the Georgia Senate runoff was a strategy I didn't not see coming.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Yeah it is a safe bet that Trump will do literally nothing to advance his legacy - such as it is - beyond pursuing petty vendettas against Republicans who crossed him and allowing favored sycophants to grift off his name.
Trump only cares about his legacy in the most superficial of senses. That’s why the grift must keep on chugging even as the number of marks decreases with time. To him, the worst thing that can happen is fading into irrelevance. It doesn’t matter if 99% of the public hates him, he believes all news is good news. This predated his presidential run when he would leak negative rumors about himself to the media. Anything to keep his name in the papers.

Tiffany Trump is pretty awful, but just in that generic “Rich Kids of Instagram” way. I have no doubt she’d be grifting off of the family name if it wasn’t so toxic in her circles.

Barron is cool, though. Kid just wants to play Minecraft. I understand that.
It honestly would not surprise me if Tiffany changes her last name to her mother’s once Donald passes on. Barron will likely just live the NEET life and live off of an inheritance.

Don Jr, Eric, and Ivanka are dumb enough to be a part of their daddy’s grifts, which is going to find them on the wrong end of an investigation quickly enough.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
And yet, the fact that 40% of the country loves him in spite of that is proof to me that he is, in an odd way, the quintesstential American. Grim stuff.
Trump is quintessentially American in the sense that he's a symbol of America's curious love of vulgarity. Like many things American, Trump is gaudy, pompous, lowbrow, and most importantly: fake. He's essentially the human equivalent of a McMansion with a pickup truck parked outside; as American as apple pie, only the apples are made of high-fructose corn syrup.

deangusmacteard

kiwifarms.net
Barron will likely just live the NEET life and live off of an inheritance.
Who knows? Barron might be a secret troll and have an account here. I hear he's very good with the cyber.
And yet, the fact that 40% of the country loves him in spite of that is proof to me that he is, in an odd way, the quintesstential American. Grim stuff.
Half the country loves him because he was the first politician in decades to run for office owned entirely by his ego rather than by multinational corporations, who ran on populist issues and shitposts on Twitter rather than Frank Luntz focus groups and corporate talking points. Absent the context of Trump, all of his major issues were overwhelmingly popular - even with Dems.

As soon as somebody with more self-control does the same thing, Trump will be forgotten.

I raped a dog 2day

kiwifarms.net
Did Fred approve of any of his children?

Those must have been some awkward family dinners.

He approved of Donald himself, believe it or not. Between Donald’s ability to promote himself and his name and Fred’s business knowledge, he helped them make money.

Unfortunately, when Fred died, Donnie didn’t know enough about business to make an honest buck. He assumed he could make money just by slapping his name on everything.

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
Trump is quintessentially American in the sense that he's a symbol of America's curious love of vulgarity.
A quote I go back to more and more these days:
Here is something that the psychologists have so far neglected: the love of ugliness for its own sake, the lust to make the world intolerable. Its habitat is the United States. Out of the melting pot emerges a race which hates beauty as it hates truth. - Mencken

FuckingDogs4Living

I Fuck Dogs for living
kiwifarms.net
It honestly would not surprise me if Tiffany changes her last name to her mother’s once Donald passes on. Barron will likely just live the NEET life and live off of an inheritance.

Don Jr, Eric, and Ivanka are dumb enough to be a part of their daddy’s grifts, which is going to find them on the wrong end of an investigation quickly enough.
I think what’s more likely is that Tiffany would just take her husband’s last name. She seems like that type.

Among the three eldest the only one I can see participating full time in politics, or at least trying to is Donny Jr, he seems to really enjoy doing political stuff.

I think Eric is only going to political rallies because his father expects that of him, what he really cares about is hunting and his vineyards.

Ivanka is just a hollow-brained socialite, even if she had political aspirations, I doubt she could ever create a following akin to Donny, all she has is a pretty face and big tits.

Don’t discount Barron, btw. I remember reading about how he’s the most like Donald of all his children.

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
Ivanka is just a hollow-brained socialite, even if she had political aspirations, I doubt she could ever create a following akin to Donny, all she has is a pretty face and big tits.
Remember when MAGA nation was floating her name for the 2028 ticket?

She did a good job of laundering her dad, I'll give her that. Women voters would have recoiled if they'd known he is the same caveman he's always been.

deangusmacteard

kiwifarms.net
Remember when MAGA nation was floating her name for the 2028 ticket?
I *still* hear people talking about Nikki Haley like she's a contender. LOL NOPE. She's in the never-gonna-happen bucket with Marco Rubio and Jeb. No amount of rehabilitation will maker her sellable to the base.

The Dems are remarkably good at coalescing behind people after deals are made in smoke-filled rooms. The GOP isn't like that - no matter how popular somebody polls with identified Republicans, much of the process takes place in conventions where random activists nursing decades-old grudges will absolutely tank your career.

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
much of the process takes place in conventions where random activists nursing decades-old grudges will absolutely tank your career.
It's all about looking stronk. Conservatives don't want reasoned discussion, they want to be riled up. And somehow or another, Trump's beta-male posturing resonated.

I keep going back to the 2000 primary. Bush's handlers attacked his opponent's family. McCain demanded an apology, and Bush waved him off like a fly at a picnic. You can actually hear the audience guffawing.

proteus4994

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Dems are remarkably good at coalescing behind people after deals are made in smoke-filled rooms. The GOP isn't like that - no matter how popular somebody polls with identified Republicans, much of the process takes place in conventions where random activists nursing decades-old grudges will absolutely tank your career.
Yes and no. I was quite impressed how the entire Republican party came behind Trump despite Trump spitting some of the most vicious insults I’ve ever heard in a primary (specifically at Cruz and Rubio, but he was brutal on Jeb and Carly too). It wasn’t a smoke filled room deal, but it was surprising that the grudges did literally nothing. Everyone rallied around him without hesitation.

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
Everyone rallied around him eithout hesitation
Throughout '17, Ted was biding his time to see if Trump would fumble the ball.

1200x0.jpg

Cruz is a damn maniac, as well, but I don't think anyone anticipated the extent to which Trump captivated the working class.

Last edited:

deangusmacteard

kiwifarms.net
It's all about looking stronk. Conservatives don't want reasoned discussion, they want to be riled up. And somehow or another, Trump's beta-male posturing resonated.
Nah. Like with Dems, it's mostly virtue signaling - just with different virtues.

Trump would have sold like a shit sandwich if he hadn't publicly and repeatedly flouted hot-button Republican taboos that he spent years learning how to attack by following fringe Republican populists. Establishment Republicans are constantly scared of offending rich donors, Wall Street, the military-industrial complex, the immigration-hungry Chamber of Commerce, law enforcement, the intelligence community and press.

Trump just took a bunch of 80%+ popular beliefs and hammered them like a fiend: (polls linked from 2016 when possible - reminder: these same pollsters vastly underestimated Trump's performance)
These are all things the majority of Americans believed in 2015, whether or not they were allowed to say so. This is kind of stuff normal people talked about in bars in every city and podunk town in the country.

The crazy thing about Trump is not that this strategy worked - it's that nobody else had bothered to try it in the 21st century. The closest analogue was Clinton in '96, who won in a landslide.
Yes and no. I was quite impressed how the entire Republican party came behind Trump despite Trump spitting some of the most vicious insults I’ve ever heard in a primary (specifically at Cruz and Rubio, but he was brutal on Jeb and Carly too). It wasn’t a smoke filled room deal, but it was surprising that the grudges did literally nothing. Everyone rallied around him without hesitation.
The entire Republican base did, but the party insiders and elected officials hated his guts - and most still do. What you saw with politicians eagerly flocking to his side was survival - street smarts over genuine loyalty.

All the convention types hated people like Cruz and Rubio - they're the most rabidly-conservative people in America and they've virulently hated the party insiders for decades. Trump was their chance to throw a grenade at the RNC.

As for the brutality against Cruz's wife... the Cruz team tried to attack Trump over marrying a supermodel who did nudes and lewds way back in ancient history - so it was not exactly surprising that Trump went nuclear on him. Most voters DGAF.
Throughout '17, Ted was biding his time to see if Trump would fumble the ball.
Yep. And, eventually, he too realized that he didn't have a future in the party if he was Anti-Trump. So instead trying to beat Trump, he switched to trying to become Trump. He's mostly been rehabilitated with the base since then. Lyin' Ted --> Lion Ted.