DOOM -

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't do it guys. I made it an amusing hour and 59 minutes in but all the grating things feel so grating that I can't stand the thought of playing through more to get to the "good part" people keep telling me about. I wanted to like it but it's such a slog. There's so many mechanics that just don't flow well together and the platforming just feels unecessary altogether, I'm just not having fun guys :(
Give it time and what difficulty are you on? Remember to use the chainsaw to get ammo.

Dr. Ricearoni

This isn't even my most autistic form
kiwifarms.net
I'm on ultraviolence. I use the chainsaw but it's not fun to use the chainsaw, it slows combat down and gices the enemies time to surround me. Also I keep running into issues where the only enemy left is a bulletsponge I can't chainsaw to death, with no ammo left to find. Backtracking to find a tentacle or zombie I missed just so I can shoot an arachnotron feels wrong.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
I'll try it. I had no problems with UV on 2016 so I thought I could get right into it in eternal.
I made that mistake too. The game became so much more manageable once I dropped the difficulty. Eternal's a different beast from 2016 and there's more of a learning curve. The lower difficulties mitigate that.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
I'm running through the game again on a clean save with the intent on playing the entire game on UV this time. You know what, even those early levels are a lot better because this time I'm actually familiar with the mechanics. I think the problem a lot of people run into is that they're expecting Eternal to be Doom 2016 but more, and that is true to an extant, but Eternal's trying to be more mechanically complex and is just different enough to where it's not Doom 2016 with a coat of paint. Eternal's the kind of game that once everything starts to click for you it becomes a lot more fun, though the learning process on how to get good is a little rough.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's crazy how many people I've seen that say "bruh I got an hour in, the game sucks, not playing it anymore". In my eyes, 2016 didn't really kick off until Foundry. Imagine if you quit after the first two levels.

Personally, I like both. There's a few changes I don't like, but a lot more that I do. Good game.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's crazy how many people I've seen that say "bruh I got an hour in, the game sucks, not playing it anymore". In my eyes, 2016 didn't really kick off until Foundry. Imagine if you quit after the first two levels.

Personally, I like both. There's a few changes I don't like, but a lot more that I do. Good game.
Sounds like the neckbeards and game journalists who are bitching.

BR55

kiwifarms.net
Reaching the endgame. Whoever's responsible for Nekravol's set design deserves some props, because that place is fuuucked up. I've even had a moment or two where I genuinely considered if Hell truly exists.
I personally find Urdak way creepier than Hell.
Hell is just your usual blood, fire, skulls and gothic castles deal.
We've all seen it before.
Urdak is a whole other level of weird.
You have this completely immaculate and non euclidian location.
All the while this existential dread inducing "angelic" choir/chant drones on.
You just get the feeling that mortal beings weren't meant to be here.
You can say the same for Hell but Hell is almost comfortably familiar in comparison.
Urdak had me asking WTF is this place?!
The fact that the society of these "angels" of incomprehensible power and age is outright dying is just icing on the cake.
TLDR Weird fucked up biomechanical computer Heaven is spooky as fuck.

Tags
None