DOOM -

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking about that. I have the ps4 version. The ps4 isn't connected online, we didn't pay the subscription.
But if I remember well will I was playing, the PS4 crashed 2 time and my sister complained it slow down the internet to the point it barely usable
Do you think the dunovo anti cheat drm is responsible of that?
Denuvo isn't on consoles. Is your router old or in a cramped spot? Routers can overheat, give that little guy some room. If your router is an old one from 2009, time for a new one.

Take stock of how many devices are connected to your wifi. This can have an impact.

Just wandering

kiwifarms.net
I found an article about it. ANs i remember the ps4 remote was never connected maybe it's the cabless connection that eat all the wifi, will try tomorow...

LofaSofa

The Only Thing They Fear, Is Deodorant.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Although I prefer deathmatch, battlemode is just as fun and isn't imbalanced in anyway. It was fun before the whole Denuvo shitshow.

It can be a lot of fun especially with friends. I think the only trouble is that there is no attempt to match players of equal level in quickplay. So if you're playing randoms online, there's a good chance of you being matched up against some top tier and getting your cheeks absolutely clapped.

Capture+_2020-05-20-07-27-02-1.png

Also surprised there isn't more outrage from the usual subjects with there being alot of mockery and jabs seemingly at PC culture throughout the game.

6c9214cb-5614-4520-81ac-7ba2dfb87217_Thumbnail.PNG

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
What sucks is id is one of the few devs who seem to know what gamers want, but Bethesda keeps mandating dumb shit they're forced to comply with.

"You should tell the gamers what a demon's weakness is when they're first encounter them because they're stupid and need to be coddled."

"You should lock one of the 2 master levels behind a pre order bonus."

"You should make the game install this anti cheat on then user's kernel."

I guarantee id knows this shit is dumb but don't want to lose their jobs.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit the recent reviews on Steam now put it at 40 percent. Didn’t Valve put in countermeasures against review bombing? How have those not been tripped yet?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Jack Awful

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit the recent reviews on Steam now put it at 40 percent. Didn’t Valve put in countermeasures against review bombing? How have those not been tripped yet?
Probably because Doom Eternal isn't a "protected" game, you know, like indie walking simulators made by hacks who bitch when people rightfully call out their shitty game.

Not to mention, a lot of the reviews emphasize the game's quality and that it is an excellent game that's been kneecapped by the addition of spyware that cripples performance.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
Got some extra information here that's worth mentioning.

Of note is this bit.

Stratton assured players that id Software’s efforts to discover another solution would be pursued with a better goal in mind for both the developer’s purpose and the comfort of the community.

“As we examine any future of anti-cheat in DOOM Eternal, at a minimum we must consider giving campaign-only players the ability to play without anti-cheat software installed, as well as ensure the overall timing of any anti-cheat integration better aligns with player expectations around clear initiatives - like ranked or competitive play - where demand for anti-cheat is far greater,” Stratton explained.
I do like that they acknowledge there are people who are only interested in the campaign and as such they shouldn't be forced to download anti-cheat software. That should have been there day one. Beyond that, they do seem to want to find other means of anti-cheat so who knows how that will play out.

With that in mind, Doom Eternal PC Update 1.1 is expected to launch within a week of the Reddit post, removing Denuvo Anti-Cheat and supplying further improvements that Stratton says will be aimed at improving stability and minimizing any crashes.
We'll also have to wait a week before the Denuvo shit's removed for good.

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
I do like that they acknowledge there are people who are only interested in the campaign and as such they shouldn't be forced to download anti-cheat software. That should have been there day one. Beyond that, they do seem to want to find other means of anti-cheat so who knows how that will play out.
There are less invasive alternatives to kernel level anti-cheat, they're just much harder to develop and implement. While I don't like the decision they made one bit and I'm glad to see Denuvo get Remuvo, I can understand them trying to save time and effort by taking the easy way out. Unfortunately for them, Battlemode is just not likely to ever hit it big, certainly not enough to justify an extreme anti-cheating measure like Denuvo.

And on an unrelated note, I can't stand it when developers/promoters insist on putting their product in all caps every single time they mention it as if that's going to magically make their brand stronger. Riot games continuously does it whenever they mention valorant, and id do it whenever they mention battlemode. It's fucking obnoxious.

Get_your_kicks_with_30-06

I have become Based, the destroyer of Libs
kiwifarms.net
This game and id software can't catch a break it seems with the Mick Gordon thing and now this. Which really blows because the game is extremely good and probably one of the most polished and well built games in a long time.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
This game and id software can't catch a break it seems with the Mick Gordon thing and now this. Which really blows because the game is extremely good and probably one of the most polished and well built games in a long time.
Out of all the gaming controversies that happened this year, between REmake 3, FF7 Remake, and TLOU 2, Doom Eternal was the least deserving. It's an excellent game and the developers went out of their way to try and please the fanbase as well as FPS fans in general, at least until the Denuvo shit happened.

Even then, compare this to the TLOU 2 leaks which completely shit all over the first game, FF7 Remake going off the deep end, and REmake 3 being underwhelming, and Doom Eternal's still relatively better. At least Eternal's capable of fixing its issues and mitigating its controversy (even the stuff with Mick Gordon was softened when id made a professional response), which is more than can be said for the rest.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
There are less invasive alternatives to kernel level anti-cheat, they're just much harder to develop and implement. While I don't like the decision they made one bit and I'm glad to see Denuvo get Remuvo, I can understand them trying to save time and effort by taking the easy way out. Unfortunately for them, Battlemode is just not likely to ever hit it big, certainly not enough to justify an extreme anti-cheating measure like Denuvo.

And on an unrelated note, I can't stand it when developers/promoters insist on putting their product in all caps every single time they mention it as if that's going to magically make their brand stronger. Riot games continuously does it whenever they mention valorant, and id do it whenever they mention battlemode. It's fucking obnoxious.
That’s something that confuses me and makes me wonder if this is even more Bethesda’s end with some goon huffing esports gas again. I’m not sure any games that have invasion mechanics have robust anticheat; if only because it’s never really anything but an amusing side activity that as many people turn off as keep on. Battlemode was never going to be something on the level of Quake, or Seige, or CS. Any unlucky demon team can get melted by a Ballista shot, ssg blast, and a scope in the span of like 15 seconds. The Slayer can pinned down easily and get melted too. All the matches I’ve played and most of the high level ones I’ve watched just end with the demons picking the big heal ultimate as a hail mary against the massive burst damage doomguy is built around. The mode doesn’t have enough versimilitude to really worry about needing anticheat. All 3 of the other shooters I mentioned also don’t need anywhere near Eternals system reccs, which makes the performance hit from VAC or Denuvo less of an issue.
Eh, I think people have been cool on the Mick Gordon thing since that big PR post. Id weren't hostile, but Mick was a cock about it so not much to get angry about.
It’s worth noting that this isn’t the first time he’s fucked up on a major project. Mick walked out on the Killer Instinct devs for unclear reasons as well.

Last edited:

OriginalUsernameHere

Taking a month off weed, God give me strength
kiwifarms.net
Woke up dizzy with vertigo (ears/sinuses flooded, been that way for half a year on and off now) please god tell me that isn't photoshopped and is real. This would help lift my spirits. The game on Steam is now at 77% Mostly Positive down from Very Positive just 6 days after this horrid update. Before this the debacle the game was 87% if not higher. Bethesda/id have been really slow to walk this back, such a shame.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Nisse Hult
Tags
None