DOOM -

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
That’s something that confuses me and makes me wonder if this is even more Bethesda’s end with some goon huffing esports gas again.
FWIW, Marty categorically denied Bethesda interfering or forcing their decision in any way. They made a bad decision; happens with even the best of teams. They walked it back pretty fast by corporate standards, I have to give them props for that. Maybe they playtested it on their machines, didn’t experience problems, and were assured by Denuvo that all the problems inherent to their software were greatly mitigated in current versions. Clearly that ended up not being the case; I imagine the absolute elimination of Linux compatibility was a significant factor in them going for a full removal rather than simply allowing offline mode.

The cheeky response Denuvo themselves gave which threw shade at performance concerns probably did them no favors, either.

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Woke up dizzy with vertigo (ears/sinuses flooded, been that way for half a year on and off now) please god tell me that isn't photoshopped and is real. This would help lift my spirits. The game on Steam is now at 77% Mostly Positive down from Very Positive just 6 days after this horrid update. Before this the debacle the game was 87% if not higher. Bethesda/id have been really slow to walk this back, such a shame.
Well it's the real idSoftware twitter account, so yes. Rest easy fren, this isn't (another?) fever dream.

AnaV

Unavailable for a long, long time.
kiwifarms.net
Anyone here play mostly/striclty Chocolate Doom, I also play a bunch of pre-source port maps with it, usually my go to for doom playing.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
Anyone here play mostly/striclty Chocolate Doom, I also play a bunch of pre-source port maps with it, usually my go to for doom playing.
I mainly use Chocolate Doom when playing the first Doom, because it's the only one that feels fair with a keyboard. Anything beyond that, I use Crispy Doom because playing Doom II and Final Doom with a keyboard is nigh impossible.

Reactions: AnaV

AnaV

Unavailable for a long, long time.
kiwifarms.net
I mainly use Chocolate Doom when playing the first Doom, because it's the only one that feels fair with a keyboard. Anything beyond that, I use Crispy Doom because playing Doom II and Final Doom with a keyboard is nigh impossible.
Usually for post Doom 1 ( IE Doom 2, wads) I map the mouse in chocolate Doom, for No Rest for the Living I have to use Crispy Doom or else it’s buggy, only gripe I really have is Master Levels is a bitch to get working right. Issue with crispy is it makes Spectres to easy to see for me IMO.

OriginalUsernameHere

Taking a month off weed, God give me strength
kiwifarms.net
So does anyone here really believe id chose to do this on their own? I really hope that are just covering for Bethesda who forced them to do it. If not wow what the hell were they thinking? Update still isn't live, I hope it will by Monday. I refuse to install DAC on my PC. :mad:

Does anyone think DOOM 2016 and eternal feel like serious Sam than old doom in terms of level design

The biggest flaw of Doom 2016 was definitely that the endgame felt like just moving from one arena to the next. Eternal had more smaller encounters though, so I never got the same feeling. But in terms of level design, Knee Deep in the Dead will always have the greatest level design, not just for Doom but FPS in general.

MRMUZZRAT SAUDIKILLER

Virginity soap 2000
kiwifarms.net
The biggest flaw of Doom 2016 was definitely that the endgame felt like just moving from one arena to the next. Eternal had more smaller encounters though, so I never got the same feeling. But in terms of level design, Knee Deep in the Dead will always have the greatest level design, not just for Doom but FPS in general.
Yeah not gonna lie doom eternal is much better than doom 2016

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
The endgame for 2016 also gets kind of screwy if you defaulted to the rune that gives BFG ammo on glory kills when mastered. On that same note, the only map where there’s a reasonable amount of BFG ammo is Final Sin and there isn’t as much Crucible ammo as there should be overall.

Just wandering

kiwifarms.net

doom 2016 vs doom eternal *smirk*

But before you got all throw stone at me first let me heard my opinion. Doom eternal map were definitely for most of the time more linear than 2016. Yes it not cool getting lost in the crowded small corridor in doom 2016 but they encouraged exploration. Doom eternal may be easier to navigate but their kinda boring and most secret are just some hidden adjacent room on the may path. You can do complex map without being a dense confsuing maze a good exemple is the metroid prime trilogy

Also cutscene, doom eternal did go for a more cinematic experience and I just find it for the most time an immersion breaker. Especially the very first cutscene when the slayer tear the head off the first hell priest. When I saw him I was like fuck yeah a boss fight! but no I was just a passive spectator... Doom 2016 did it better they were more like ingame ''cutscene'' they didn't break the gameplay but you can see what happened/happening. The holograme come to mind
Also the other interaction of the hellpriest after defeat are kinda odd both suddenly appear when the boss is mauled. Like when you kill the doom hunter were do he come from? Was he hidden in the doom hunter and when you kill it, it give birth to him?
I understand the last one in the arena but it would be WAY better if we can see him on the podium with a crowd of marauder, imp and various demon during the whole battle and when the gladiator is dead he attempt to run away and the crowd will jump off the estrade to kill you and you must chase him and do a satisfying glory kill on him

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Metro Exodus is removing Denuvo too.
I wonder if Doom's gonna cause a ripple effect.
Good. Just fucking drop this nonsense and stop treating consumers like criminals. Lock away the multplayer content with some BS that checks to make sure you're not cheating. That's fine. But it's asinine to do this for single player games.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
whelp finally got doom eternal Im enjoying it though the game does seem a bit stingy with ammo. I assume this becomes less of a problem later on when you get more capacity upgrades/ weapons to switch between but right now its kind of rough. Also I kinda wish the punches were a bit stronger. Not uber powerful but enough to stagger a regular zombie in 2 or three hits.

OriginalUsernameHere

Taking a month off weed, God give me strength
kiwifarms.net
whelp finally got doom eternal Im enjoying it though the game does seem a bit stingy with ammo. I assume this becomes less of a problem later on when you get more capacity upgrades/ weapons to switch between but right now its kind of rough. Also I kinda wish the punches were a bit stronger. Not uber powerful but enough to stagger a regular zombie in 2 or three hits.
Use your chainsaw on fodder enemies when you are low on ammo. It always regenerates 1 unit of fuel after a bit.

Tags
None