DOOM -

Toilet Grenade

Does Incognito Mode count as a VPN?
kiwifarms.net
My first experience with Doom was when I played free software created for the Doom engine. After that, I started to look into the game more, and pretty soon, I was watching longplays of Doom Eternal.

This was the software: https://freedoom.github.io/

Syaoran Li

Commie Punks Fuck Off!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I need to get back to playing Doom II again

I've already got it and GZDoom installed, and I've been meaning to try out the Zombies TC stuff, but I'm a complete and total Boomer when it comes to installing and playing mods or WAD's and I literally know nothing about it, tbh.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
I need to get back to playing Doom II again

I've already got it and GZDoom installed, and I've been meaning to try out the Zombies TC stuff, but I'm a complete and total Boomer when it comes to installing and playing mods or WAD's and I literally know nothing about it, tbh.
I usually am too, which is why I highly recommend downloading ZDL, specifically version 3.2.2.2 because it's the easiest to use, at least from my experience. It's a launcher that allows you to load in mods, WADs, and source ports with ease. Nothing needs to be in the same place, literally all it needs is the pathways to those files and you're good to go. It's handy and it's what I use when I'm on a Doom mod spree.

Here's the link.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

JoseRaulChupacabra

1.c4 is not as bad as 1.d4, practically speaking.
kiwifarms.net
So, I just got done playing Eternal last week. And... well, it's mostly good. I liked 2016 more at first because I built my slayer wrong, but when I literally got up to speed with the right upgrades, it was so much fun. Doom 2016 feels so slow now.

What I didn't like:
  • They overdid the story. I get that it's Doom, but there are still better ways to do this. They basically just threw away the elemental wraiths instead of fleshing them out. But whatever, rip n tear, right?
  • They made an entirely new world in Urdak but there were barely any Maykr enemies. The Doom Slayer is supposed to an existential threat to them and they wouldn't send more powerful Maykrs against you? All they gave us was a robotic floating robes with a head and the Khan Maykr.
  • The last two boss fights weren't all that much fun.
  • Platforming. WTF. I will never understand why devs try so hard to make platforming work in an FPS. You get them after a while, but that doesn't make them anymore fun.
  • I get what they were trying to do with the ammo system but I think they gave you too little to carry, even with the upgrades.
  • The Marauder. Complaints about this guy would get you autistic g1tGudn00b replies, but even after you get how to beat him, he still feels cheap. The trick is to move as little as you can, that way, his position is predictable when he opens up. Then shotty>ballista>shotty combo. Reset. But again, he feels out of place.
  • Also about the Marauder. He's marketed as a fallen sentinel, and I think he would have worked better as a boss instead of a mini boss.
Graphics style is a bit of a toss up. I'm ok with it. Overall, it's a solid game. Well worth full price IMO. But being the cheapskate that I am, I got it in summer sale.

OriginalUsernameHere

Taking a month off weed, God give me strength
kiwifarms.net
They were a chore for me. Bad enough that they really soured my opinion on the whole experience.
Yeah I have 83 hours in Doom Eternal and feel its a mixed bag. There is so much game mechanics to keep track of its stressful to play. I prefer Doom 2016 because its easy to understand and fun to play. Eternal feels more like an arena shooter than a doom game. JoseRaulChupacabra made good points and i agree wholeheartedly.

Reactions: glumCunt

Captain Communism

I had to live in a paper bag
kiwifarms.net
All I just wanted to see was Graf Zahl implementing horizontally moving and rotating platforms.

Quite a shame that it's 2020 and we still don't have those features. Although I've been lurking on ZDoom finding out reasons why we can't have them easily...

I just watched Doom Annihilation and, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it wasn't actually that bad. Went in with absolutely zero expectations but found it reasonably entertaining. Not a good film by any means, and it's very obvious they could only afford one monster suit and had to keep reusing the same corridor for multiple locations, but I've seen far worse and it does at least feel like they tried. But then again the 2005 version is a guilty pleasure of mine, so you can't trust my opinion.

• Lunacy
Reactions: BrunoMattei

SamTheEagle

What if the true lolcow is inside us?
kiwifarms.net
My favorite part of the movie is how they bring up the main character's relationship with a guy at the beginning of the film, and it's never touched on again until a minute or so before the demons get him.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
We got a teaser for the upcoming DLC.

Full trailer's gonna drop on the 27th. Looks interesting. It seems as though the Slayer's gonna help VEGA (or the Father or whatever) kick the demons out of Urdak. Plus we might be getting more Makyr enemies.

Reactions: BrunoMattei
Currently replaying Doom 3 BFG edition on veteran. It's a game that's gotten a lot of flak over the years, but overall it still holds up. Movement and weapons (with one exception) are really good, the sound design is superb and it can get pretty creepy at times. Combat feels unique amongst the franchise, being more a series of individual short, intense battles.

It's not perfect though. Having an enemy appear behind you, or being ready to attack the moment you open the door does get a little tiresome the 576th time it happens. Throwing your view off when getting hit is really annoying as well, invariably leading to the enemy hitting you again and overall leads to a lot of cheap damage. Plus they ruined the shotgun. How do you ruin the shotgun in a Doom game? It's useless at anything other than point-blank range, which on hard difficulty normally leads to you getting hit anyway.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Currently replaying Doom 3 BFG edition on veteran. It's a game that's gotten a lot of flak over the years, but overall it still holds up. Movement and weapons (with one exception) are really good, the sound design is superb and it can get pretty creepy at times. Combat feels unique amongst the franchise, being more a series of individual short, intense battles.

It's not perfect though. Having an enemy appear behind you, or being ready to attack the moment you open the door does get a little tiresome the 576th time it happens. Throwing your view off when getting hit is really annoying as well, invariably leading to the enemy hitting you again and overall leads to a lot of cheap damage. Plus they ruined the shotgun. How do you ruin the shotgun in a Doom game? It's useless at anything other than point-blank range, which on hard difficulty normally leads to you getting hit anyway.
The doom 3 shot gun is just bad from its damage output to its fire rate to more surface level problems like its design

Tags
None