Dota 2 -

Malagor the dank omen

Reikland's Official Cattle Molester
kiwifarms.net
It surprises me that there aren't active LoL or Dota 2 threads around. I get that Dota 2 is Valve's new venue to sell hats specially since the introduction of battle passes and compendiums, but there is still a big and active community in Dota despite Icefrog's fuckery at changing the game so much. So let's start off with the usual questions:
  • Favourite position/role.
  • Favourite hero.
  • You do soloQ or you have a 5 man stack?
  • You go to the trench often?
  • Favourite pro team.
  • Favourite pro player/streamer.
  • Who is the most balanced hero in the game?
  • Fav strategies.
As well we can discuss strategies, complain about how OP skills/heroes are and how good we get at russian playing this game. Leg of Legends players allowed.

GrotesqueBushes

kiwifarms.net
You can just be filthy casual and enjoy pubs with a 3 or 4 man stack.
Nah, what gets me is my own incompetence - I know my reactions, map awareness, ward coverage etc. are poor and way below the point when I've played dota a lot. Whenever I play, I'm frustrated at myself. And that can only be fixed by playing more, for which I don't have the spare time.

Streetlight Stranger

Reaper in Training
kiwifarms.net
The... the thread sounded like such a good idea at first.

>Favorite position
Support, pos 5 or aggressive pos 4 who gets mobility
>Favorite hero
Crystal Maiden, so much control, and if you have good positioning and mana awareness you can doom an enemy team, especially with the update to her ult.
>Solo or group
Used to have five but that dropped to three, now my solo is better than my party
>trench
Don’t get the lingo
>Pro-team
Was MVP.Phoenix when they were around, but I usually end up supporting OG. I secretly want an SA team to make to Grand Finals just so the Peruvian Dota meme gets spun on its head
>Favorite Player
JerAx and his level of awareness in a match is ridiculous. He makes supporting more than just warding and stacking.
>Balanced heroes
This is tough, as I subscribe to the idea that no hero is balanced, but gameplay and teamwork counters what makes a hero imbalanced.
>Favorite Strategies
Level one ganks on offlane. Take two stuns or a few slows and you have a 30 second first blood.
Also pre 7.20 I used to pick up rings of regen or health just so my carry could hold them early and not have to go base.

Malagor the dank omen

kiwifarms.net
Nah, what gets me is my own incompetence - I know my reactions, map awareness, ward coverage etc. are poor and way below the point when I've played dota a lot. Whenever I play, I'm frustrated at myself. And that can only be fixed by playing more, for which I don't have the spare time.
Man, i get it. I also get incredibly nervous when i play sometimes because i expect so much from myself. But you will still fuck up sometimes. I do it even if my 3 friends tell me i'm a damn good support with the best map awareness they have ever seen. Just don't go too hard on yourself for that.
The... the thread sounded like such a good idea at first.

>Favorite position
Support, pos 5 or aggressive pos 4 who gets mobility
>Favorite hero
Crystal Maiden, so much control, and if you have good positioning and mana awareness you can doom an enemy team, especially with the update to her ult.
>Solo or group
Used to have five but that dropped to three, now my solo is better than my party
>trench
Don’t get the lingo
>Pro-team
Was MVP.Phoenix when they were around, but I usually end up supporting OG. I secretly want an SA team to make to Grand Finals just so the Peruvian Dota meme gets spun on its head
>Favorite Player
JerAx and his level of awareness in a match is ridiculous. He makes supporting more than just warding and stacking.
>Balanced heroes
This is tough, as I subscribe to the idea that no hero is balanced, but gameplay and teamwork counters what makes a hero imbalanced.
>Favorite Strategies
Level one ganks on offlane. Take two stuns or a few slows and you have a 30 second first blood.
Also pre 7.20 I used to pick up rings of regen or health just so my carry could hold them early and not have to go base.
Yeah, i didn't expected the thread to start with that discussion. Also, here goes mine

>Favourite position
Support, position 5 as babysitter or pos 4 going agressive. If things are tough, might even go mid.
>Fav hero
Tidehunter is my all time fav. I also have a soft spot for Crystal Maiden and Dazzle.
>Solo or group
I have 4 buds that play Dota, but only one of them is reliable and always plays hard carries like PL, Magina or Void. One of these guys is always on Low Prio and he always picks Riki, Clinkz and Bloodseeker. I don't need to say that he sucks hard.
>Trench
It's Low Priority, where the russians gather. I get sent every once in a while thanks to my shitty internet connection.
>Pro teams
I'm not into the pro scene since last year.
>Fav player
Mine was SingSing until he quit. Now i'm looking for another one.
>Most balanced hero
Faceless Void is definetly the most balanced hero in the game.
>Fav strats
Play support and be aggressive. Help a lane and move to another. If you do this in the early game you'll secure your essentials and get a lot of XP
Also, i usually build urn in almost every hero. Now that it can be upgraded it's an amazing item

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Here's my experience with Dota.

Every time I play: it makes me hate myself for being such a piece of human garbage, and for being an awful player that drags his entire team down. Not helped by the fact that nobody else wants to play it, so I'm stuck solo queuing with other assholes who also hate themselves. Sometimes for those exact same reasons.

I've played games of League of Legends that were less of a toxic cesspool of self-loathing and aggression.

Wendy_Carter

I'll only go to the party if Abigail comes too.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Used to play Dota 2 for quite a few years. Taking a prolonged break (a full year in a few months), partially because babysitting people who can't see an incoming gank with wards set up is nerve-wracking, and partially because my current PC specs can barely run it at 30 FPS on low settings, even when nothing is happening.

Usually filled the role of either offlaner or support, but later transitioned into a support only role. Changed many mains over the years, but CM was the one always near and dear to me. During later years I mained a lot of Shadow Demon and Oracle. With Aether Lens and a cast range talent you could prevent Sniper from attacking anything before he could even shoot, thanks to Fate's Edict. Denying creeps as Oracle at level 3 was one of my favourites as well. The one time Valve decided to add a +5 second duration to SD's Disruption was amazing, because I could simply delete a single hero by myself. 7 second Disruption + Soul Catcher + 5 stacks of Shadow Poison (with decreased cooldown and increased damage talents) = instantly dead/severely wounded hero. People unlucky enough to be caught just asked "???" in chat, they couldn't comprehend what happened to them. People very much underestimate him, but a smart SD can kill somebody at level 1 all on his own.

I've played games of League of Legends that were less of a toxic cesspool of self-loathing and aggression.
I had a roomie who was an avid LoL player. Whenever something bad happened to him in a game or whenever he was frustrated while playing, he just YELLED AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS. I'm not kidding.

Malagor the dank omen

kiwifarms.net
I had a roomie who was an avid LoL player. Whenever something bad happened to him in a game or whenever he was frustrated while playing, he just YELLED AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS. I'm not kidding.
Community is a huge problem in Dota and most people will tell you it's as bad if not worse than LoL. I've already seen how full of russians and brainlets this game is but some people should take it easy because you have to understand not everyone plays 24/7.

For example, my best bud the carry player is very good, but god damn if he rages hard when things don't go his way. I remember every time he plays Slardar or Void if he doesn't get a bash in the right moment he would scream at the top of his lungs how shit the game is, and get even more pissed if i tell him to calm down. My advice, try to find a niche group of people to play that know that they are playing a game.

Tism the Return

Carlku Sonjohn
kiwifarms.net
Dotes is great but I'm permanently stuck on a loop of not playing due to shit like tapping out before the match starts because everyone is aping the fuck out and the infighting stops being funny eventually. The one thing I can appreciate is that Memefrog fucks up the game in a less blatant way compared to shit like LoL which is balanced around what character sells the most shit rather than actual balance concerns. For the most part.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino