Culture Dozens of Google employees say they were retaliated against for reporting harassment -

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
I want to know more about this. I'd be willing to bet the mob inside Google is more than willing to pressure and punish people who don't "voluntarily" publicize their salaries for everyone to pick apart.
IIRC, they got the numbers back and found out that they pay women and minorities more than white men in equivalent positions for equivalent work.

moocow

Moo.
kiwifarms.net
the president and politicians on the right keep lobbing unfounded accusations of political bias against the company
"Unfounded"? Why do "journalists" keep repeating this lie? Google's own internal documents have leaked and revealed that exact bias.

ETA:
Also I've always had a hunch that there's some Hollywood tier corruption/degeneracy going around in Silicon Valley, and I feel like this validates my theory.
Any industry that emits endless gas about how collectively virtuous it is is guaranteed to be stuffed to the brim with degenerates. You can set your watch by it.

Notice how you don't hear much of this shit going on in oil drilling, coal mining, nuclear power plants...

Last edited:

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
I'm just going to press X to doubt the "harassment” based on my own biases on the average Google employee.
that's my take as well. whole lot of words about "omg google does nothing and punishes me" yet only glimpses what people actually consider harassment. imagine being a woke hr-drone when some genderfluid dragonkin storms into your office complaining her boss sexually assaulted her, then do the work and it turns out he just brushed arms while leaving the room. imagine being the the boss in that situation getting investigated or even reprimanded with mandatory sensitivity training for using the wrong pronoun or some other bullshit.

it's a circus and it's one of their own making.

Kiwi Lime Pie

Uncompromisably tasteful. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
that's my take as well. whole lot of words about "omg google does nothing and punishes me" yet only glimpses what people actually consider harassment. imagine being a woke hr-drone when some genderfluid dragonkin storms into your office complaining her boss sexually assaulted her, then do the work and it turns out he just brushed arms while leaving the room. imagine being the the boss in that situation getting investigated or even reprimanded with mandatory sensitivity training for using the wrong pronoun or some other bullshit.

This largely summarizes my thoughts so far.

I think the average person would agree that sexual, or any other form of, harassment is wrong and that and substantiated claims of such needs to be dealt with in an appropriate manner. Like @ZMOT, however, I can't help wondering how many harassment claims are frivolous ("Coworker X looked at me funny, REE! ") or made as a form of revenge against coworkers that aren't seen as woke enough or dare to question the status quo.

Google is a constant shitshow and it's legitimately impressive watching the amount of drama of terminally online weirdos at each others throats but this time its IRL and there are incompetent bosses sitting in the flaming room all like the "this is fine." dog.
At risk of repeating the obvious, I'd argue that most of this drama comes from Google's conscious decision to hire employees more for their wokeness and less for their technical/professional knowledge and accomplishments. As much as there's nothing inherently wrong with hiring employees with various backgrounds and perspectives, the reality is that the community at large simply doesn't give a shit how woke the office staff is even if it boasts having the only known 57-gender dumpsterkin as its employee of the month. Worse, internal drama such as this only fuels the average person's perception that Google either doesn't care about or is out of touch with ordinary people -- existing privacy concerns with Google products notwithstanding.

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Incredibly surprised that a corporation headed by a non-loo pooer who doubtless enables nepotism for his Brahmin fellows down through the corporate structure is having scandals related to managers sexually harassing their direct reports. When you talk to overseas Indians, that absolutely never happens in India, or anywhere else they go.

I am sure that nothing of the sort is occurring at Microsoft, also headed by a Brahmin, the annointed class born to rule India.

whole lot of words about "omg google does nothing and punishes me" yet only glimpses what people actually consider harassment. imagine being a woke hr-drone when some genderfluid dragonkin storms into your office complaining her boss sexually assaulted her, then do the work and it turns out he just brushed arms while leaving the room
Obviously there is probably a lot of that, but Google is not all trannies, they actually achieve things, even if most of those are evil. They do have plenty of female employees, who are perfectly fine in QA and business programming or marketing roles. They have plenty of straight or picky gay males who aren't into being hit on by weird mallformed fags.

YooA

kiwifarms.net
The shift supports what employees told Recode — that they don’t trust HR to be on their side
Michael Scott understood this. HR is corporate.

I hate Google so reading articles like this is cathartic, and they seem to be coming out every week.

Although I think that it's never ok to sexually harass someone (especially in a professional environment like an office) there's a part of me that's incredibly satisfied to see Google being forced to choke down some of it's own Woke medicine. Also I've always had a hunch that there's some Hollywood tier corruption/degeneracy going around in Silicon Valley, and I feel like this validates my theory.
I'm gonna be honest, that article was too long, and I'm just going to press X to doubt the "harassment” based on my own biases on the average Google employee.

These posts hit the nail on the head, exactly what I was thinking. Of all the things to start leaking out of Google, I'd most like to see HR start leaking their complaints, and how many are just "X employee looked at me funny".

MAPK phosphatase

Cell Death Regulator
kiwifarms.net
In 2017, James Damore, a former engineer, accused the company of discrimination after he was fired for writing and sharing a memo at work that perpetuated false gender stereotypes and argued that men are better suited biologically than women to work in tech.
That's not what happened. James Damore posted a memo that referenced the scientific literature showing how on average men fit the environment of working in tech better than women. That is, spending a long time solo, looking at lines of code while thinking, and reading scientific papers about how algorithm one achieves a 2.8% increase in performance in scenario X, Y, and Z but breaks down in scenarios A, B, and C, while algorithm two doesn't have that performance increase but is unconditionally stable and you have to figure out which one fits best in your project and how to best implement it and optimize it all things considered. If there are two bell curves, one for women and one for men, and they are placed on the axis of "how many people enjoy working in this environment by this given amount", the male bell curve would be shifted slightly closer to the side of "I just want to be alone with my computers while I jerk off to x86 assembly and graph theory; we can talk if it's about algorithms though" side of that axis.
James Damore stated how if we look at trends of what women on average prefer in a work environment, we could conceivably construct an environment that more women would enjoy and thus would favor a more equal number of men and women. The idea being that there are many very smart women out there who simply don't have a desire to work in tech and would rather become a biologist or psychologist than figure out how to use reverse polish notation to more efficiently store mathematical data in computer memory. Forming an environment that they would enjoy would attract them and ultimately benefit the company.

Instead people took it to mean that Damore was stating women can't into computers, because that was more politically convenient than an actual solution to the problem.

Last edited:

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saw it was from Vox, scrolled past. But noticed that Liz Fong-Jones was quoted, so read her part. Quote's currently not working for me, but the relevant bit:

Fong-Jones said that after she penned a public resignation letter in February criticizing Google’s culture, HR forced her to leave the company sooner than the six-week time frame she had already agreed upon with her manager, citing a policy she had never heard of before.
“They basically made up a fake policy over the objections of my management chain, who wanted to keep me around,” said Fong-Jones. “I suspect it was because of my labor organizing.”

Now, could Google have done this? Undoubtedly. But this is coming from a troon, so having her complaints be 'Well, I've never heard of that policy before,' and 'My mindreading skills tell me what the real reason was,' is a good reminder that Vox never feels the need to fact-check trannies.

Also, funny how troons can always tell what people are really thinking, as well. They all seem to know how people truly feel about them and why, and it always correlates with them being victimised for just being too awesome. How weird is that?

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
Obviously there is probably a lot of that, but Google is not all trannies, they actually achieve things, even if most of those are evil. They do have plenty of female employees, who are perfectly fine in QA and business programming or marketing roles. They have plenty of straight or picky gay males who aren't into being hit on by weird mallformed fags.
not insinuating there aren't legit cases, but they get drowned out by all the bullshit. heck, it's probably even worse because let's face it, there's no better environment for a "sexual predator" than an idpol kindergarten full of cliques and nepotism where professionalism and due process is white privilege, a ploy of the patriarchy or some other nonsense. that's why most of that shit is so infuriating, anyone with half a brain can see it does the exact opposite it says it does and is nothing more than narcissism special olympics. it also didn't get that far on it's own.

Instead people took it to mean that Damore was stating women can't into computers, because that was more politically convenient than an actual solution to the problem.
I've actually read it back then, it was fucking embarrassing for apparently "smart" google engineers to completely miss the point (willfully or not) or not even be able to understand it in the first place and then scream from the rooftops showing everyone what a fucking tard you are just to get more brownie points. that's why it's hard to feel pity for anyone at google when they let shit like that happen, it should've been a wake-up call to anyone sane how utterly fucked the company structure is.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net

Exactly. They wanted this mess. They kept feeding the dog cocaine, now they're surprised that it broke out of the kennel and will take down the first target it sees for its next fix.

Goofy Logic

Is this thing working right?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The OP's article links to a Wired Article that summarized the events of the past three years of Google. It was a fascinating read about how their University-style workplace environment started crumbling when the employees start getting too rowdy and negatively affect their business model and public reputation.

Now it appears Google management is putting their foot down and taking steps to transform it into a corporate environment. It's simple cause and effect: you wear the patience of your bosses too thin, they will take liberties away.

northstar747

kiwifarms.net
The OP's article links to a Wired Article that summarized the events of the past three years of Google. It was a fascinating read about how their University-style workplace environment started crumbling when the employees start getting too rowdy and negatively affect their business model and public reputation.

Now it appears Google management is putting their foot down and taking steps to transform it into a corporate environment. It's simple cause and effect: you wear the patience of your bosses too thin, they will take liberties away.
I know the article your talking about and it also explains how/why googled functioned the way it did, and how damore's firing broke it.
(that suzan head of youtube lady is the one who pushed for his de platforming.

Basically google was like the mob/fight club. You dont talk about what happens at google. The employee's had all kinds of internal mail lists and servers and were able to debate explore freely express themselves.

Then google hired a bunch of new college grads, who were more used to cancle culture.

Then they went after damore. When google let him go for expressing himself all the conservative people at google felt attacked and started leaking documents.

Management took the code of silence forgranted, That code of silence basically let the leader ship be honest and candid with the employee's now they cant because shit will get out to the media and it could embarrass the leader ship.

In short they should never have fired damore and found a way to keep the man children working on code.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino