Skitzocow Dr. Katherine Horton / @Stop007org - Oxford Physics PhD gone completely off the rails, targeted individual, a knight in crinkling armour

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would stick my dick i her tbh

but yeah she is completely off her rocker i wonder what happened

i'm thinking hardcore drug use maybe DMT/LSD?
I wouldn't say this of most of these gang stalking types, but it seems at least somewhat possible that someone of this sort of psychological profile might actually have been a target of some sort of MKULTRA style operation, as Dr. Theodore Kaczynski was. Not every one of that program's victims turned out as well as he did.

That doesn't mean that she's currently being targeted, but perhaps her symptoms are a result of previous abuse and this has driven her to embrace the explanations she has for the problems she experiences.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are some threads on the farms that give me a similar feeling to reading a Russian Novel. I've been browsing through her videos, and there's enough material there for a 100 page thread. I have to wonder if the reason she doesn't have one, is it's just too fucking tragic to watch.

The video I watched most of, was her last one from 2 months ago on the London Bridge attacks, and it's tough going because at a glance it looks like a serious vlog with some interesting takes, but in the same calm delivery she'll start spouting insanity. As Null said on his stream, she's obviously intelligent, and imo in some ways despite the insanity still a highly capable person.

People are talking rating her looks, and it's worth pointing out she's not a stunning beauty, it's just that she's presentable, dresses well (even with the tin foil) and positions herself properly in front of the camera.

The comparison to Terry Davis is just too stark (all she's missing is some overarching project like Temple OS to dedicate her time to). Like Davis she seems to be essentially a decent person struck down by mental illness.

I'm actually hopeful that her lack of social media presence in the last few months is a sign she might be recovering.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
It amazes me how someone can seemingly be so smart and so stupid at the same time.

I can understand having paranoid thoughts or suspicions, but I would think someone like her would be familiar enough with the scientific method, evidence gathering, double blind testing, etc.

It almost seems to me like the blind faith of a religious convert.

Now I feel stupid trying to wrap my head around her.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't say this of most of these gang stalking types, but it seems at least somewhat possible that someone of this sort of psychological profile might actually have been a target of some sort of MKULTRA style operation, as Dr. Theodore Kaczynski was. Not every one of that program's victims turned out as well as he did.

That doesn't mean that she's currently being targeted, but perhaps her symptoms are a result of previous abuse and this has driven her to embrace the explanations she has for the problems she experiences.
The crazy thing about that is that even though the IRB theoretically has to review all experiments for ethics concerns, university professors still engage in the kind of ideological breakdown experimentation that they did to Uncle Ted. And even before the most traumatic versions of those experiments were canned, Kaczynski's college wasn't just experimenting on him, he was part of a cohort of something like 20-30 participants in that single experiment.

This woman is a schizophrenic, but I suspect that a lot of "schizophrenics" that come out of academia, like the Batman movie shooter, are anything but. He was on high doses of dissasociative medication after some sort of trauma in grad school.

theshep

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've said it a couple of times before, schizo electromagnetic conspiracy cows are my favourite cows.

This is, by far, my favourite video. I actually used it in a paper about how schizophrenia affects more than just the family.

I'm very, very glad Katherine is now getting the help she desperately needs.

Attachments

• y2mate.com - Terror by the Neighbours (Stop 007)_Y5JIyUzsTPk_240p.mp4
    12.3 MB · Views: 60

interalia

kiwifarms.net
Would stick my dick i her tbh

but yeah she is completely off her rocker i wonder what happened

i'm thinking hardcore drug use maybe DMT/LSD?
Not to PL too much but I've known a few aging "psychonauts" in my time. It's hard to say, do the drugs break their brains or do people with broken brains seek out these drugs? It's often a bit of both, but hard to tell how much of each. Something tells me if she was into even mild psychedelics it was probably just experimentation - it's not exactly compatible with a high powered Oxford PhD. We'd likely have a better idea if we had testimony from anyone around her at the time. I'd put my money on wholly or mostly a broken brain combined with stress.

This is possible, but imo unlikely aside from her potentially being inspired by some of these stories. Here's an example: the actual life of John Nash. His delusions are very similar to those of most "targeted individuals" - he believed that he was being stalked by secret societies and communists, that society was full of communist infiltrators, and that he was a person of interest to them. He never had full visual hallucinations (which are extremely rare) but he did have many delusional episodes. The thing is that his belief that American society was heavily infiltrated by communists seems ridiculous to us now, but was fairly mainstream at the time, and heavily encouraged by fictional media, as well as the exposure of genuine Soviet spies in the 50s and 60s. Philip K. Dick, who was probably also schizophrenic or something similar, had his own delusions about communists, this time infiltrating the science fiction scene, going as far as sending a deranged letter to the FBI. Communists were the bogeyman, even though realistically there were very few of them, and no evidence they were organized enough in the 60s for any kind of real conspiracy.

After communists fell out of style, it became aliens, which then shifted to G-Men/men in black/black helicopters by the 80s and 90s when trust in the government cratered. Now it's stuff like gangstalking and directed energy. The directed energy stuff probably derives at least in part from the hysteria around 5G and WiFi.

I feel like Dr. Horton's delusions can easily be explained by the fact that they're a common hysteria right now, and dovetail neatly with her interest in physics. If this was the 60s, she'd probably think it was communists, just like Nash.

FlappyBat

kiwifarms.net
According to her at https://stop007.org/home/about/:

"Dr Katherine Horton in an Oxford-educated particle physicist and systems analyst with a Master of Physics (1st class) and doctorate in particle physics, both from the University of Oxford.

She worked as a high energy physicists on the particle collider at the German Electronsynchrotron DESY in Hamburg, Germany, and on the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva Switzerland. She taught nuclear physics and particle physics at Hertford College, University of Oxford, and conducted admissions interviews for undergraduate physics at St Hilda’s College, Oxford."

No idea how I'd verify that though. As for papers, a quick ddg search only brings up her post-meltdown webinars and writing such as "Depopulation Murder Rates in the Forthcoming Planned Global..." something or other, as the PDF has no actual title on it and is Just pictures of some search results from Deagel.com.
Thank you. Working with a particle collider is impressive, but we don't know specifically what she did. And I'm not surprised by a lack of published works. She did teach, but that doesn't involve intelligence much as it does just regurgitating trivia you know, which is probably why any drunken idiot can be a teacher.
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt with the collider work and assume she was providing decent service there.
If people are still interested in her work, she has a profile on inspirehep.net. She is named on a bunch of papers (128 to be exact), but they all have shit tons of other authors as well. It looks like everyone who worked on the experiment gets named as an author.

Archive of papers she's linked on.

If any one wants some light reading, here is the abstract from Jet energy measurement with the ATLAS detector in proton-proton collisions at √s=7 TeV
The jet energy scale (JES) and its systematic uncertainty are determined for jets measured with the ATLAS detector at the LHC in proton-proton collision data at a centre-of-mass energy of sqrt(s) = 7 TeV corresponding to an integrated luminosity of 38 inverse pb. Jets are reconstructed with the anti-kt algorithm with distance parameters R=0.4 or R=0.6. Jet energy and angle corrections are determined from Monte Carlo simulations to calibrate jets with transverse momenta pt > 20 GeV and pseudorapidities eta<4.5. The JES systematic uncertainty is estimated using the single isolated hadron response measured in situ and in test-beams. The JES uncertainty is less than 2.5% in the central calorimeter region (eta<0.8) for jets with 60 < pt < 800 GeV, and is maximally 14% for pt < 30 GeV in the most forward region 3.2<eta<4.5. The uncertainty for additional energy from multiple proton-proton collisions in the same bunch crossing is less than 1.5% per additional collision for jets with pt > 50 GeV after a dedicated correction for this effect. The JES is validated for jet transverse momenta up to 1 TeV to the level of a few percent using several in situ techniques by comparing a well-known reference such as the recoiling photon pt, the sum of the transverse momenta of tracks associated to the jet, or a system of low-pt jets recoiling against a high-pt jet. More sophisticated jet calibration schemes are presented based on calorimeter cell energy density weighting or hadronic properties of jets, providing an improved jet energy resolution and a reduced flavour dependence of the jet response. The JES systematic uncertainty determined from a combination of in situ techniques are consistent with the one derived from single hadron response measurements over a wide kinematic range. The nominal corrections and uncertainties are derived for isolated jets in an inclusive sample of high-pt jets.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It amazes me how someone can seemingly be so smart and so stupid at the same time.

I can understand having paranoid thoughts or suspicions, but I would think someone like her would be familiar enough with the scientific method, evidence gathering, double blind testing, etc.

It almost seems to me like the blind faith of a religious convert.

Now I feel stupid trying to wrap my head around her.

I think you're confusing psychotic delusions with something like a belief in bigfoot or homeopaths.

There is no element of choice in her delusions. They aren't simply irrational beliefs which can be rebutted with facts. They are the product of a disordered mind and they are 100% real to her while she is experiencing them. Even with treatment, she may never be free of them.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
I think you're confusing psychotic delusions with something like a belief in bigfoot or homeopaths.

There is no element of choice in her delusions. They aren't simply irrational beliefs which can be rebutted with facts. They are the product of a disordered mind and they are 100% real to her while she is experiencing them. Even with treatment, she may never be free of them.
No, I'm comparing certain psychotic delusions to the only thing I can think of where people believe in something with absolute conviction and no doubt.

You can have serious mental illness and still have enough theory of mind to question your perception. John Forbes Nash had enough metacognition after he was diagnosed to realize some of his perceptions may not be real. And supposedly would challenge the voices he heard in his head at certain points.

There is no element of choice in her delusions, but there is choice in how she responds to them.

Taraxacum

kiwifarms.net
So based on the lovely letter Null got, it seems she has indeed been institutionalized, or at least declared incompetent. I'm assuming her parents have finally stepped in and are trying to scrub evidence of her schizo internet presence, probably in the hopes she'll be fixed with a big dose of psychiatry and be able to resume her career.

Oh wow, a while back she said she suspected this might have been coming, she'd been directed to talk to someone and she said she thought it was a prelude to an incompetence determination. It sounds like it's easier to do in Switzerland than in America, butnof course it could also be that she called attention to herself by filing papers with courts and passing out flyers to her neighbors. I really liked listening to her, she had a good brand of crazy, but I'd gotten busy and haven't for a bit. Hope she makes a return and tells us all about what happened

Negilum

Why are you so alarmed?
kiwifarms.net
There are some threads on the farms that give me a similar feeling to reading a Russian Novel. I've been browsing through her videos, and there's enough material there for a 100 page thread. I have to wonder if the reason she doesn't have one, is it's just too fucking tragic to watch.

The video I watched most of, was her last one from 2 months ago on the London Bridge attacks, and it's tough going because at a glance it looks like a serious vlog with some interesting takes, but in the same calm delivery she'll start spouting insanity. As Null said on his stream, she's obviously intelligent, and imo in some ways despite the insanity still a highly capable person.

People are talking rating her looks, and it's worth pointing out she's not a stunning beauty, it's just that she's presentable, dresses well (even with the tin foil) and positions herself properly in front of the camera.

The comparison to Terry Davis is just too stark (all she's missing is some overarching project like Temple OS to dedicate her time to). Like Davis she seems to be essentially a decent person struck down by mental illness.

I'm actually hopeful that her lack of social media presence in the last few months is a sign she might be recovering.
It's not so much that her life is "too fucking tragic," in my opinion, it's that there's not enough comedy to contrast with the tragedy.

Terry was both the most tragic and funny person I've ever witnessed. On top of that he was incredibly unique. Every schizophrenic and their mother is wrapping tinfoil around their heads and being electronically raped by intelligence agencies, but has anyone but Terry created their own gospel OS to combat the evil of glow in the darks and their hordes of nigger cattle?

From John Nash to Ted Kaszinsky, PhDs have their lives destroyed by mental illness. There's an unlimited number of Katherine Hortons to follow her if a kabal of 12 year olds ever convince her to jump in front of a train. This doesn't make her situation less tragic, but it's certainly less captivating.

Nick Schizo

kiwifarms.net
Has anyone confirmed she actually went to Oxford because the only references I can find to that are her own.

Similarly, Oxford isn't even the best place to go for anyone at the top of their field in physics ( from what i can gather )

'particle physics at oxford' sounds like something a schizo would make up

could be wrong tho

Last edited by a moderator:

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not to PL too much but I've known a few aging "psychonauts" in my time. It's hard to say, do the drugs break their brains or do people with broken brains seek out these drugs? It's often a bit of both, but hard to tell how much of each. Something tells me if she was into even mild psychedelics it was probably just experimentation - it's not exactly compatible with a high powered Oxford PhD. We'd likely have a better idea if we had testimony from anyone around her at the time. I'd put my money on wholly or mostly a broken brain combined with stress.

This is possible, but imo unlikely aside from her potentially being inspired by some of these stories. Here's an example: the actual life of John Nash. His delusions are very similar to those of most "targeted individuals" - he believed that he was being stalked by secret societies and communists, that society was full of communist infiltrators, and that he was a person of interest to them. He never had full visual hallucinations (which are extremely rare) but he did have many delusional episodes. The thing is that his belief that American society was heavily infiltrated by communists seems ridiculous to us now, but was fairly mainstream at the time, and heavily encouraged by fictional media, as well as the exposure of genuine Soviet spies in the 50s and 60s. Philip K. Dick, who was probably also schizophrenic or something similar, had his own delusions about communists, this time infiltrating the science fiction scene, going as far as sending a deranged letter to the FBI. Communists were the bogeyman, even though realistically there were very few of them, and no evidence they were organized enough in the 60s for any kind of real conspiracy.

After communists fell out of style, it became aliens, which then shifted to G-Men/men in black/black helicopters by the 80s and 90s when trust in the government cratered. Now it's stuff like gangstalking and directed energy. The directed energy stuff probably derives at least in part from the hysteria around 5G and WiFi.

I feel like Dr. Horton's delusions can easily be explained by the fact that they're a common hysteria right now, and dovetail neatly with her interest in physics. If this was the 60s, she'd probably think it was communists, just like Nash.

You can actually learn a lot about society from what schizophrenics have delusions about. Go back to the 17th century and you’ll find the pope, Vatican, the Kaiser, Jacobites, King/Queen, etc... were the main players in their paranoia.

Some ppl say an English schizophrenic should have been noted for discovering radio waves. Back in the 18th century he did drawings showcasing how these mysterious waves sent sound and messages to his mind...and damned if it doesn’t depict sound waves. Dude seemed keyed into the fact light and sound traveled via wave lengths well before scientists discovered it. If the drawings didn’t come with the caveat a schizo patient created them he’d probably have gotten some credit.

No, I'm comparing certain psychotic delusions to the only thing I can think of where people believe in something with absolute conviction and no doubt.

You can have serious mental illness and still have enough theory of mind to question your perception. John Forbes Nash had enough metacognition after he was diagnosed to realize some of his perceptions may not be real. And supposedly would challenge the voices he heard in his head at certain points.

There is no element of choice in her delusions, but there is choice in how she responds to them.
Nash started talking about this as a older man when his schizophrenic symptoms had greatly reduced compared to symptoms in his late 20s to 50’s.

A man who writes a nicely composed letter turning down a plum position at U of Chicago because he instead accepted the position of “King of Iceland” is not challenging his delusions very well. He traveled to embassies in Europe tearing up his passports demanding his American citizenship be rescinded. He actually did get the attention of govt agencies due to his batshit public behavior in foreign embassies and various European cities.

I’m not sure if you‘ve ever read A Beautiful Mind (the movie has little semblance to reality) but even the book sugar coats exactly how sick and delusional Nash was for decades. But like many schizophrenics his symptoms lessened as he got into his mid 50’s (this is a common occurrence with schizophrenia, not all but somewhere around 40% will see symptoms reduce significantly after 50 or 60)

Nash got a much better grasp on reality with age. Only as this point did he start talking about his illness and questioning aspects of his delusions. Now, he might have had a little voice in his head trying to give him a reality check all those years too...but his behavior for decades shows a man totally consumed by his delusions and paranoia. He had as much restraint Horton.

Nash was a fascinating interview after age 60 because he regained enough sanity to be able to discuss his illness and thinking. But this was a natural result of age helping recede his symptoms, not some great logical mind bests delusion win. (Though Nash certainly wanted to give that impression when he gave interviews. What scientist wouldn’t?) No one ever asks why he had to destroy his career, marriage, abandon his son and become the ghost of Princeton for twenty years if it was all just as simples as logic vs schizophrenia all along. Nash had one of the most brilliant logical minds in the world and even he was at the total mercy of schizophrenia from 28-58.

Nash’s son is also schizophrenic and there is footage of him trying to give this “logic vs delusions” advice. The same sort of advice that was given to Nash when he was 30. Logic holds little sway over a mind consumed by schizophrenia. John Nash behavior was a testament to this for thirty years, regardless of his POV once the madness loosened its grip

Last edited:

Nick Schizo

kiwifarms.net
Ive actually seemed ppl say an English schizophrenic should have been noted for discovering radio waves. Back in the 18th century he did drawings showcasing how these mysterious waves sent sound and messages to his mind...and damned if it doesn’t depict sound waves. Dude seemed keyed into the fact light and sound traveled via wave lengths well before scientists discovered it. If the drawings didn’t come with the caveat a schizo patient created them he’d probably have gotten some credit.

source? sounds interesting

Negilum

Why are you so alarmed?
kiwifarms.net
Ive actually seemed ppl say an English schizophrenic should have been noted for discovering radio waves. Back in the 18th century he did drawings showcasing how these mysterious waves sent sound and messages to his mind...and damned if it doesn’t depict sound waves. Dude seemed keyed into the fact light and sound traveled via wave lengths well before scientists discovered it. If the drawings didn’t come with the caveat a schizo patient created them he’d probably have gotten some credit
You're thinking of James Tilly Matthews, to say he discovered Radio is schizophrenic in itself though. He is the first fully documented case of Schizophrenia.

The general idea is that believed that the French Revolution was a plot by several secret societies to turn the world mad by operating a device known as the airloom. It's worth reading the wikipedia page if your interested in this kind of stuff.

His delusions are very similar to Horton's, and virtually every other paranoid schizophrenic.

1583591702528.png

MirnaMinkoff

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're thinking of James Tilly Matthews, to say he discovered Radio is schizophrenic in itself though. He is the first fully documented case of Schizophrenia.

The general idea is that believed that the French Revolution was a plot by several secret societies to turn the world mad by operating a device known as the airloom. It's worth reading the wikipedia page if your interested in this kind of stuff.

His delusions are very similar to Horton's, and virtually every other paranoid schizophrenic.

View attachment 1177432
Thank you, I couldn’t remember his name.

I’m not saying he invented anything but if some of his drawings were discovered without any context except the date, ppl certainly could have assumed this man had some early insight into light and sound rays. But, I just recalled in the article someone discussing giving him credit into the insight of how light traveled well before it was scientifically documented. Just something that stuck in my vague recall of this guy.

Many schizo have similar delusions, but this was the first recorded instance of a patient visually depicting them as rays and waves that we are aware of.

Just ironic the schizophrenic delusion of “invisible rays” penetrating their skull or mind is actually grounded in a scientific reality

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
You can actually learn a lot about society from what schizophrenics have delusions about. Go back to the 17th century and you’ll find the pope, Vatican, the Kaiser, Jacobites, King/Queen, etc... were the main players in their paranoia.

Some ppl say an English schizophrenic should have been noted for discovering radio waves. Back in the 18th century he did drawings showcasing how these mysterious waves sent sound and messages to his mind...and damned if it doesn’t depict sound waves. Dude seemed keyed into the fact light and sound traveled via wave lengths well before scientists discovered it. If the drawings didn’t come with the caveat a schizo patient created them he’d probably have gotten some credit.

Nash started talking about this as a older man when his schizophrenic symptoms had greatly reduced compared to symptoms in his late 20s to 50’s.

A man who writes a nicely composed letter turning down a plum position at U of Chicago because he instead accepted the position of “King of Iceland” is not challenging his delusions very well. He traveled to embassies in Europe tearing up his passports demanding his American citizenship be rescinded. He actually did get the attention of govt agencies due to his batshit public behavior in foreign embassies and various European cities.

I’m not sure if you‘ve ever read A Beautiful Mind (the movie has little semblance to reality) but even the book sugar coats exactly how sick and delusional Nash was for decades. But like many schizophrenics his symptoms lessened as he got into his mid 50’s (this is a common occurrence with schizophrenia, not all but somewhere around 40% will see symptoms reduce significantly after 50 or 60)

Nash got a much better grasp on reality with age. Only as this point did he start talking about his illness and questioning aspects of his delusions. Now, he might have had a little voice in his head trying to give him a reality check all those years too...but his behavior for decades shows a man totally consumed by his delusions and paranoia. He had as much restraint Horton.

Nash was a fascinating interview after age 60 because he regained enough sanity to be able to discuss his illness and thinking. But this was a natural result of age helping recede his symptoms, not some great logical mind bests delusion win. (Though Nash certainly wanted to give that impression when he gave interviews. What scientist wouldn’t?) No one ever asks why he had to destroy his career, marriage, abandon his son and become the ghost of Princeton for twenty years if it was all just as simples as logic vs schizophrenia all along. Nash had one of the most brilliant logical minds in the world and even he was at the total mercy of schizophrenia from 28-58.

Nash’s son is also schizophrenic and there is footage of him trying to give this “logic vs delusions” advice. The same sort of advice that was given to Nash when he was 30. Logic holds little sway over a mind consumed by schizophrenia. John Nash behavior was a testament to this for thirty years, regardless of his POV once the madness loosened its grip
So I was right, logic won in the end. Jk

I brought up Nash to illustrate an example of metacognition in someone mentally ill. Not that he is the paragon and proof of logic triumphing over schizophrenia.

I hasten to say all sufferers of schizophrenia are completely without control or that all afflicted can "logic" themselves out of it. If you're no longer in control of your thoughts themselves there is nothing much one can do but not all those afflicted have completely lost control of their thoughts or are completely delusional. There are varying levels of the disorder and they are not all at the complete mercy of their disorder, though some are.

MirnaMinkoff

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I was right, logic won in the end. Jk

I brought up Nash to illustrate an example of metacognition in someone mentally ill. Not that he is the paragon and proof of logic triumphing over schizophrenia.

I hasten to say all sufferers of schizophrenia are completely without control or that all afflicted can "logic" themselves out of it. If you're no longer in control of your thoughts themselves there is nothing much one can do but not all those afflicted have completely lost control of their thoughts or are completely delusional. There are varying levels of the disorder and they are not all at the complete mercy of their disorder, though some are.

Oh, I understand. I just thought Nash preaching well after the height of his delusional years was a bit hollow and can give the wrong impression to some ppl.

One of the things I’ve noticed when interacting with delusional people is one of the first thing they will say to a normal person is “I know this sounds crazy, BUT....” One some level they know “it sounds crazy” but the next thought is “oh fuck it’s totally really happening to me, run!!!”

Our perception is all we have to make sense of the world and their’s has gone haywire. The delusion is as real to them as the keyboard I’m typing on right now. No difference.

A business my husband manages currently has a customer who thinks her in-laws are filming her with drones 24/7. She calls regularly demanding the “security tapes” from the business so she can have proof of the drones following her. He actually showed her some footage originally hoping that might end the issue, but of course it didn’t. She just started demanding ALL the footage going back to November 2019.

Showing her digital footage demonstrating the lack of drones only convinced her they had found ways to hide the drones behind camera deflecting shields. The delusions can always explain away all rational evidence presented to them or they decide the person presenting the evidence is part of the conspiracy.

TBH I only know this via my husband’s exasperated stories so not sure if she’s suffering from schizophrenia or meth psychosis

Schizophrenia is just a subject that fascinates me. Things like the fact there has never been a recorded case in history of a person born blind that developed schizophrenia. Congenital blindness, no matter the cause, is the only known guarantee against developing schizophrenia. OTOH going blind anytime later on in life can increase your chances of developing it.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are varying levels of the disorder and they are not all at the complete mercy of their disorder, though some are.
It varies hugely and the boundaries are not cut and dried between schizophrenia and other illnesses. Insight into their own illness can vary dramatically (even for a single patient over their lifetime) so at some points a patient can be aware they’re ill and at other times they are totally not in control. Cognitive function takes a huge hit for most people, and declines as they go through life. Nash was an unusual case in many ways.
It’s an awful illness, the negative symptoms often cause more of an issue in some ways than the positive ones (like the delusions.)
Women tend not to have the same improvement with age as men do and men tend to improve in middle life then go back down again.