Skitzocow Dr. Katherine Horton / @Stop007org - Oxford Physics PhD gone completely off the rails, targeted individual, a knight in crinkling armour

theshep

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone confirmed she actually went to Oxford because the only references I can find to that are her own.
I seem to recall something about an email interaction she had with some professional colleagues. This was going back ages ago and also involved her husband. I'm not sure if it was with someone from her college at Oxford or someone at CERN. It was one or the other.

I will try and find it a bit later today. That interaction makes me inclined to believe what she says about her qualifications.

She's very clearly an intellectual. A tortured genius, just not in the way she thinks.

Underestimated Nutria

kiwifarms.net
Years ago I had a friendly correspondence with a PhD mathematician who had schizophrenia, and somehow still managed to publish, maintain a teaching career, albeit not at nearly the level her early career suggested. In hindsight, I admire her more than ever.

Elyn Saks, a dean of some California law faculty, wrote a pretty interesting autobiography covering her illness "The Center Cannot Hold" (from the Yeates poem). I was not surprised later on in the book to learn that she became a psychoanalyst because her descriptions definitely seemed massaged to fit that mold, i.e. weekly scheduled tearful breakdowns with therapist mother figure, everything neatly interpretable primordial images and symbols, etc. Kinda infuriating, but an impressive woman.