• "I assume that "cows" or lolcows are people that these losers consider overweight."

Dr. Who

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Null, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Not inclusive enough, sorry.

Larry Thorne

Larry Thorne 52nd most famous Finn of all time.

kiwifarms.net
  2. It feels...wrong? Somehow? Maybe it's just since I didn't actually see the live reveal and maybe she's actually great as the role, I just don't have much faith in the female doctor being good due to the shitty writing of Bill's character. (like they're in the spaceship about to die in a big cyberman battle and yet Bill is basically like "oh doctor btw....I'm still a lesbian!" and I'm here like seriously? not to mention the blatant rip off of last series' ending...)

I just hope they don't go all Supergirl pilot episode with it and emphasise how she's an IMPORTANT ROLE MODEL FOR LITTLE GIRLS every 2 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  3. I dont understand why supposed adults watch this childrens show.

Larry Thorne

kiwifarms.net
  4. Well. The casting isnt as bad as I thought it might be. The actress is pretty solid and has a decent range (better than capaldi at least).....problem is its not gonna mean a damn.

In the end no matter how good and charming and effective an actor is, if they are given shitty scripts they are gonna give sub-par performances at best, and cringy drek at worst.

Moffat, despite writing some great episodes for tennant and eccleston was a crap showrunner/writer and his writing for the second half of matt smith/entirity of capaldi was an utter joke.

His replacement is this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Chibnall

His entries to the Doctor Who canon have been some of the most absolutely forgettable and pointless stories in the revived series run (i.e. "42" and "the Hungry Earth")......

...and season 1 of torchwood.

i.e. "the absolute worst and most cringy season of any doctor who series ever made"

His episodes included a cyberman wearing a metal bikini, satan randomly eating (then somehow un-eating) cardiff, and.....the orgasm alien episode. I.e. the single most cringetastic and "ADULT EDGY GUIZ!!!!" episode in who history.

So basically a good episode writer yet deeply flawed showrunner is being replaced by one of the worst episode writers in the show's history, and the showrunner of the crappest spin off in the show's history.....

yea this is gonna suck

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Judge Holden

Judge Holden Heart Breaker, Pig Raper
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I wonder how long the honeymoon period for Chibnall is going to last before everyone starts to pine for Davies and Moffat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    SnowBall

SnowBall God Tier Problematic
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. I checked out #DoctorWho13 on twitter out of curiosity. I saw maybe one or two complaining about the existence of a female doctor. And dozens upon dozens of people smugly rubbing it in the faces of supposed people complaining about it.

I don't really have high hopes for this, but I'm not that much a Doctor Who fan, so it's not going to be that big a deal for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    SuperSheep

SuperSheep 75 Points of Flying Fluffy Damage

kiwifarms.net
  7. so once again we have more people freaking out and getting salty over disagreements than there are people freaking out and getting salty over the actual events

this worked for ghostbusters 2016

• Agree Agree x 4
    ZehnBoat

ZehnBoat Skeleton Jazz Wizard

kiwifarms.net
  8. Yeah the people bragging about how it's upsetting men are more prominent and annoying than the complainers themselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
    SnowBall

SnowBall God Tier Problematic
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Adults caring about a kids show

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. His Who episodes were bland but inoffensive (I mean you said they were forgettable, so they're not memorably shit) , and the things you're picking up on are Torchwood which was deliberately aimed at an adult audience, which is probably why it tended to fail more spectacularly on failures.

At this point I'm tired of Moffat though, so I'm just being optimistic things won't get that much worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Sable

Sable DANGEROUSLY PLAGUED

kiwifarms.net
  11. The excellent Children of Earth aside, Torchwood always felt like it was trying too hard to be dark and edgy so it came across as a teenager trying to prove that they are grown up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. I'm going to disagree here. While some of his episodes weren't great (the Silurian two-parter springs to mind) I'd say "42" was a good episode, so was "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" and "The Power of Three" was good until the last 15 minutes. He's certainly not "one of the worst episode writers in the show's history" (hi Matthew Graham and Steve Thompson). And Torchwood... is Torchwood. Russell T Davies admitted he made mistakes in conceiving it and trying to find the right tone. They only got it right in Series 3 and they got it wrong again in Series 4, so I don't lay the blame for Torchwood solely at Chris Chibnall's door because on balance it seems very few people could've got it right. He also created and ran Broadchurch which I've never watched, but I've only ever heard good things about it. I'm willing to give him a chance as showrunner, especially since Moffat proved an impeccable run of episodes as writer isn't a good portent for a showrunner. But then again, after seven long years of Moffat I'd be willing to give anyone a chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    TheImportantFart

TheImportantFart ANTIFART

kiwifarms.net
  13. One of the highest rated tweets would ooze smug in wanting to see misogynist reee. Even then, one would simply wait and see if this even does well. Much as I never watched Doctor Who, the post from @Judge Holden makes it interesting to see how this 13th doctor can hold in terms of being given a crappy script. Should these new episodes fail, the salt tide could possibly turn with people complaining about low ratings being nothing but misogynist despite the fact these people would be throwing some legit criticisms under the bus.

c-no

c-no Dull Angry, Constipated Boxer

kiwifarms.net
  14. Chibnall was also involved with the dreadful Camelot which was cancelled after one season, but considering that as with Torchwood: Miracle Day it was a co-production with Starz, I'm not sure how much of the blame is on him.

• Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. Was Camelot that show where Eva Green managed to get naked again?

Larry Thorne

kiwifarms.net
  16. Yeah, that's the one.

kiwifarms.net
  17. Now watch the viewer numbers tank.

• Agree Agree x 1
    NotAKitty

NotAKitty "It wasn't me." – Shaggy
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. I love Capaldi as an actor but they didn't write for him correctly. Here's hoping he gets a role suited for him now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Morose_Obesity

Morose_Obesity Flaming heterosexual
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. I hope he is willing to revisit the role in a couple of years for a series of Big Finish audio dramas, as David Tennant has recently with the Tenth Doctor Adventures.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. His doctor just struck me as schizophrenic. Like, one episode would be dead serious and he'd be contemplating genocide or some shit and then the next episode he's just wearing those Sonic Sunglasses and playing an electric guitar. He had potential to be a character like William Hartnell's Doctor, but instead they made him try to be some cool grandad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Lorento

Lorento Nick Clegg's biggest fan
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.