Dr. Who -

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the problem with 'starving the beast' when it comes to the BBC. They are licence fee funded and don't have to give a shit about ratings. They get their money anyway so they can burn Dr Who to the ground of they want and don't have to worry about advertisers or funding as long as the BBC backs that choice. Which it seems that they absolutely do.
Why are you getting this bullshit in everything, including a Pajeet David Copperfield and a Victorian London in Dr Who that looks like the UN?
It's a fucking BBC mandate. You literally will not get funding without meeting diversity quotas:
Should be pointed out, the "Pajeet David Copperfield" was a spoof movie "The Personal History of David Copperfield" and it's the brilliant Dev Patel. Sod off with playing that daft card.

It even has a fucking scene with a woman beating a donkey and some irish men in the trailer while Hugh Laurie comments on how kind a person she is as she's beating the shit out of people like some sort of lazy british MMA.

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
Bowelstrek's theory about Doctor Who being cyclical is holding up pretty well. Thirteen is absolutely tracking with Seven, ham-handed politics, declining ratings, shrinking budget, the works.
I missed that hypothesis. Where was it brought up?

Say what you will about Smith's looks, the dude actually looked like an alien.
With Karen Gillian in the TARDIS I never noticed anyone else on screen.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
I missed that hypothesis. Where was it brought up?
Right here. It's from 2017, but held up damn well so far.

With Karen Gillian in the TARDIS I never noticed anyone else on screen.
The character actually aquitted herself pretty well (though she couldn't escape the Moffat railroading into being the most importantest specialest EVAR that came to a head with Clara.)

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Right here. It's from 2017, but held up damn well so far.

The character actually aquitted herself pretty well (though she couldn't escape the Moffat railroading into being the most importantest specialest EVAR that came to a head with Clara.)
Thanks!

And yeah... I appreciated Amy for the "plot" than her actual plot. She could have her moments, she could also be a raging bitch sometimes. My probably favorite of her would be The Doctor's Wife. (One of my top modern episodes and one that Clara had to screw up - damn her.)

(Though Jenna is hella cute.)

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Pixy Misa

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The writers of the Seventh Doctor's run had a covert plan to push Left Wing politics and do everything they could through the show to bring down Thatcher. (For all the good it did them). They left us with such skin-crawling moments as Ace talking about "White kids did it then ran away".
It didn't help that JNT was coked out of his mind and doing incredibly dumb shit like whatever the hell Colin Baker's outfit was supposed to be, and spent more time being a pederast and molesting fans than thinking about the show apparently. Everything else was a symptom of the rot at top.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Bowelstrek's theory about Doctor Who being cyclical is holding up pretty well. Thirteen is absolutely tracking with Seven, ham-handed politics, declining ratings, shrinking budget, the works.

Adding to that, I personally think 13 is also more like the opposite of 6. In that, while Colin Baker was purposely playing the doctor as arrogant, an unlikeable to contrast himself with his predecessor, he still came out as pretty cool with some great memorable episodes and scenes. 13 tries so hard to be likable by copying her more liked predecessors like using cheap nostalgia bait like wearing a fess, and yet, comes as very unlikeable, and to me, she is the worst of the 13 doctors by far.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Art Deco Cynical
kiwifarms.net
I hope this plan of theirs fails. But tbh on my end, I'm done with the show unless they retcon this.
There is a way to retcon this but it require Chibnall to admit he fucked it up, you see in the old lore it was implied several times that the Doctor was actually a clone of the original founder of Gallifrey, if he decide to stop drinking soy for a minute then he could make all his stupid shit like Doctor Ruth work because he has to explain also how Ruth has a TARDIS with the box form, he has to explain why Smith had a limit on his regenerations and has to explain why his pre Hartnell incarnations were not present when Clara was in the Doctor time stream, if he use the clone plot then the old lore stay intact and he can keep his POCs doctors to wank them on comics, books and whatever he wants later

TheImportantFart

Farty Towels
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is a way to retcon this but it require Chibnall to admit he fucked it up, you see in the old lore it was implied several times that the Doctor was actually a clone of the original founder of Gallifrey, if he decide to stop drinking soy for a minute then he could make all his stupid shit like Doctor Ruth work because he has to explain also how Ruth has a TARDIS with the box form, he has to explain why Smith had a limit on his regenerations and has to explain why his pre Hartnell incarnations were not present when Clara was in the Doctor time stream, if he use the clone plot then the old lore stay intact and he can keep his POCs doctors to wank them on comics, books and whatever he wants later
I think it could be simpler than that. Just have it revealed it was an elaborate hoax by the Master to try and break the Doctor, and he didn’t admit it at the time because he was so butthurt it didn’t work after all the planning. Ruth could be a random Time Lord he kidnapped from Gallifrey, drugged up and used chameleon technology on to fool the scanners into thinking she was the Doctor. The holes people have pointed out with the twist (TARDIS looking like a police box years before it should, the regeneration cycle being renewed, etc.) could be the Master’s mistakes in setting the whole thing up which become clues for the Doctor to work everything out.

Sadly I don’t think Chibnall’s clever enough to pull a double bluff like that, and even if he was, it’s still stupid overall. If they did re-retcon it, all that would do is fix the basic story, which would be a relief, but wouldn’t fix the fact the show is a boring mess that hasn’t been genuinely good since mid-Series 6. It’s sad we’ve reached a point where the status quo is actually preferable.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
I think it could be simpler than that. Just have it revealed it was an elaborate hoax by the Master to try and break the Doctor, and he didn’t admit it at the time because he was so butthurt it didn’t work after all the planning. Ruth could be a random Time Lord he kidnapped from Gallifrey, drugged up and used chameleon technology on to fool the scanners into thinking she was the Doctor. The holes people have pointed out with the twist (TARDIS looking like a police box years before it should, the regeneration cycle being renewed, etc.) could be the Master’s mistakes in setting the whole thing up which become clues for the Doctor to work everything out.

Sadly I don’t think Chibnall’s clever enough to pull a double bluff like that, and even if he was, it’s still stupid overall. If they did re-retcon it, all that would do is fix the basic story, which would be a relief, but wouldn’t fix the fact the show is a boring mess that hasn’t been genuinely good since mid-Series 6. It’s sad we’ve reached a point where the status quo is actually preferable.
Oh let's go REALLY trolling...

The timeless child was actually Susan, and she was entrusted to the Doctor who pretended to be her "grandfather" to hide the secret. Let's double down and say the explorer that found the girl and experimented on her was the Doctor's original wife. This is what drove a wedge between them and led him on his ultimate quest for repentance.

OR

Reveal that, in fact, we've been in an alternate universe all along - hence why this doctor is a woman instead of a man. Peter Capaldi shows up and apologies for the Master getting up to shenanigans. Seems he's been hoping around universes and blowing up the different versions of Gallifrey he finds. As he leads the master away, have him mutter something about how he's grateful his version of the Time Lords didn't have the timeless child origin. Let's go real insane and reveal that the timeless child was in fact a time lord kid from a universe where they had infinite regenerations instead of 12.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
1583558264592.png

So The BCC has already addressed everyone's complaints about this retcon:

“We wholeheartedly support the creative freedom of the writers and we feel that creating an origin story is a staple of science fiction writing. What was written does not alter the flow of stories from William Hartnell’s brilliant Doctor onwards – it just adds new layers and possibilities to this ongoing saga.
“We have also received many positive reactions to the episode’s cliff-hanger. There are still a lot of questions to be answered, and we hope that you will come back to join us and see what happens, but we appreciate that it’s impossible to please all of our viewers all of the time and your feedback has been raised with the programme’s Executive Producer.”

... and to the surprise of no one they are doubling down by pretending it doesn't break canon but just "adds layers and possibilities" to the story and that a lot of people liked it (twitter SJWs that don't care about the show obviously).

I've said this before and I will say it again. Chibnall is an idiot but he didn't do this alone. Just look at the fact that the BBC is covering his ass.

Oh let's go REALLY trolling...

The timeless child was actually Susan, and she was entrusted to the Doctor who pretended to be her "grandfather" to hide the secret. Let's double down and say the explorer that found the girl and experimented on her was the Doctor's original wife. This is what drove a wedge between them and led him on his ultimate quest for repentance.

OR

Reveal that, in fact, we've been in an alternate universe all along - hence why this doctor is a woman instead of a man. Peter Capaldi shows up and apologies for the Master getting up to shenanigans. Seems he's been hoping around universes and blowing up the different versions of Gallifrey he finds. As he leads the master away, have him mutter something about how he's grateful his version of the Time Lords didn't have the timeless child origin. Let's go real insane and reveal that the timeless child was in fact a time lord kid from a universe where they had infinite regenerations instead of 12.
The Doctor Lies is like Rule 1 right?
Add Rule 1b

"The Doctor Lies, but he Master Lies even more." and just have it all be bullshit.

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
At this point, any reversal of the "Time Child Revelation" would come off as, "I was totally just pretending to be exceptional guys..." To most of us at least...

To the relatively few social justards who still follow New Who, it would probably come off as, "I was totally just pretending to be *woke* guys..." And that's probably a lot more damaging to them.

TheImportantFart

Farty Towels
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's quite interesting how the sheer incoherance of the plot and attempts by media shills to rationalize it, tend to ignore how boring the series has been. Even if you somehow justify the incredable levels of retcons and think the social commentry is important, It really doesnt change the fact that nobody's enjoying this and they're bleeding viewers.
Since the end of Series 6, I’ve gone into every episode thinking “Please don’t be total shit” rather than with any excitement. That is not a good place to be with a show. At this stage I only watch the show to keep up with what’s going on, and now I’m seriously regretting doing even that. I started watching Series 12 when about half of it had aired and it was a chore to sit through it all to get caught up. When the show comes back, I’ll probably watch out of morbid curiosity to see what they do with this going forward (if anything) and in the vague hope it somehow gets retconned but if it ends up taking too long, that will be it for me.

Tags
None