Dr. Who -

kūhaku

I've become bored of a world like that.
kiwifarms.net
I honestly skimmed over a lot of Capaldi, especially season 9. That was the last season of Who I've watched in fact.

Capaldi just totally ruled the role though, I think he got bad episodes is all. Heaven Sent, the pentultimate episode of season 9, was an example of an incredible episode where Capaldi could really get into it. The entire episode blew me away watching it (of course, disregarding the part after he leaves the dial). To me, it felt like an artistic masterpiece, honestly my favorite Who episode ever.

Season 9, episode 11. You don't really need to know the context. It is incredible stand alone. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I recently rewatched it which is why I thought about it. The soundtrack, the visuals, the story, acting, it all came together here. The next episode, not so much.
Amazing opening

Amazing ending

TheImportantFart

MadaGAScar
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honestly skimmed over a lot of Capaldi, especially season 9. That was the last season of Who I've watched in fact.
I thought Series 9 was probably the best post-Series 6 season. It had its missteps and the hybrid arc ended up being a damp squib, but it was a huge improvement on the Series 8 snorefest. You’re lucky you stopped at Series 9 - Series 10 is when Moffat dialled the virtue signalling up to 11 and it started getting genuinely painful to watch.

Capaldi just totally ruled the role though, I think he got bad episodes is all. Heaven Sent, the pentultimate episode of season 9, was an example of an incredible episode where Capaldi could really get into it. The entire episode blew me away watching it (of course, disregarding the part after he leaves the dial). To me, it felt like an artistic masterpiece, honestly my favorite Who episode ever.

Season 9, episode 11. You don't really need to know the context. It is incredible stand alone. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I recently rewatched it which is why I thought about it. The soundtrack, the visuals, the story, acting, it all came together here. The next episode, not so much.
Amazing opening

Amazing ending
If heaven sent/hell bent had been in any other season it would have been fantastic, but Fuck Astrid and Fuck Clara.

Cubanodun

A spark is all you need
kiwifarms.net
One of the things that i found very funny is that how for years the writers refused to abuse the "parallel dimensions" excuse to get away with anything they wanted, iirc the last time they mentioned it was during Tennant's time as the Doctor, he said that Time lords could easily go into other dimensions without any problem and go back for lunch, but his TARDIS could not do that because it was a old model and did not have that function when he actually did it, his TARDIS shut down and required a lot of plot to re-activate it

Now? Chibnall just decide to fuck it and the TARDIS could go easily into the dimension where Gallifrey was by just slamming the TARDIS to the walls of the time tunnel thingy

The only way to save this is with the theory i posted or using somehow the meta crisis doctor, also did not know fans actually held Hartnell in high regard because one of the main bitchings i saw is that by adding Doctor Ruth and creating tons of Doctors before him they were trampling in his legacy for brownie points

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The only way to save this is with the theory i posted or using somehow the meta crisis doctor, also did not know fans actually held Hartnell in high regard because one of the main bitchings i saw is that by adding Doctor Ruth and creating tons of Doctors before him they were trampling in his legacy for brownie points
That's really the worst thing about SJWs. They're never satisfied to create something new. They have to shit all over the old while they're at it, with no regard for whether it's good or not or, vastly more often, much better than the ersatz garbage they replace it with.

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
That's really the worst thing about SJWs. They're never satisfied to create something new. They have to shit all over the old while they're at it, with no regard for whether it's good or not or, vastly more often, much better than the ersatz garbage they replace it with.
On Tv tropes, there is a trope name "springtime for Hitler". That refers to when someone tries to purposely ruin something but ends up backfiring and what you did ends up getting liked.

It was inspired by a movie that had someone trying to tank and purposely make a play a failure by praising Hitler for some tax fraud scheme. But it became a success because people took it as satire. Truth is that even something mate incompetently, but sincerely, can get fans that like it ironically in a so bad it's good way.

Why I bring this up?

Well, instead of praising Hitler, they should've just gone woke.

The irony is that the secret to making people hate something they loved isn't to try to be edgy, or even offensive. Just try to reach over your audience, and ruin the past to virtue signal on Twitter, and there's nothing they can't turn to worthless crap.

You can ruin everything with wokeness. No exceptions.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
also did not know fans actually held Hartnell in high regard because one of the main bitchings i saw is that by adding Doctor Ruth and creating tons of Doctors before him they were trampling in his legacy for brownie points
Whether you like Hartnell or not, the success of the show in its early days was heavily down to him creating an appealing character. The series has (mostly) honoured him by making him the first in-universe. To throw that aside feels disrespectful.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
As I've said before - there's a reason for that. The goal of the Social Justice Warrior is to make sure everyone else shares their values. You can't do that by going off and just enjoying what makes you happy. You have to alter what makes other people happy. That's the point.

Whether you like Hartnell or not, the success of the show in its early days was heavily down to him creating an appealing character. The series has (mostly) honoured him by making him the first in-universe. To throw that aside feels disrespectful.
You did say "mostly", but I have to say their version of him for the Christmas Special was anything but respectful. The actor did a passable job at his mannerisms but the writing was not true to the original character at all. They retroactively made him into a sexist dinosaur just because that's what they either thought someone from that era must be or else because they wanted him to be that. I suspect the latter. This is someone who has come from a hyper-advanced society, who has seen varied cultures and species across time and space but clutches his pearls at Bill being a lesbian.

You know what "time travel" TV show got people from the past right? Sleepy Hollow. There's a bit where Ichabod remarks to the modern-day police officer he's befriended "is that acceptable these days?" towards two men in a restaurant. She goes on this slightly condescending mini-spiel about gay marriage and acceptance. To which Ichabod replies in exasperation: "I know what a homosexual is! I meant wearing a hat whilst eating." It's like how kids always imagine their parents never had any fun before they came along (just because they've never had any fun since). I'm pretty damn certain the Doctor wouldn't freak out because Bill got it on with another woman.

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it just me, or is he mocking Hartnell here? (Timestamped)

That's definitely a Hartnell pose he's doing as he street shits all over the Doctor's history.

Last edited:

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
As I've said before - there's a reason for that. The goal of the Social Justice Warrior is to make sure everyone else shares their values. You can't do that by going off and just enjoying what makes you happy. You have to alter what makes other people happy. That's the point.
also making your new thing requires WORK, and time and wont be instantly popular and give you lots of power in a company

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
There's also the fact their insipid trash can't even survive the comparison when its vastly superior alternative is there.

I'm pretty damn certain the Doctor wouldn't freak out because Bill got it on with another woman.
I seriously doubt the Doctor would have any particularly vehemently held positions about human sexuality at all.

kūhaku

I've become bored of a world like that.
kiwifarms.net
I seriously doubt the Doctor would have any particularly vehemently held positions about human sexuality at all.
Exactly. He is not the same species as them, and we’ve never seen him suddenly pearl clutching or critiquing the cultures of other races (so long as their culture isn’t murder or violence) to my knowledge. He’s seen killing machines bred to feel rage, robots with no emotion conquering the universe, but he doesn’t understand being lesbian? What a crock of shit.

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Exactly. He is not the same species as them, and we’ve never seen him suddenly pearl clutching or critiquing the cultures of other races (so long as their culture isn’t murder or violence) to my knowledge. He’s seen killing machines bred to feel rage, robots with no emotion conquering the universe, but he doesn’t understand being lesbian? What a crock of shit.
If Doctor 1 doesn't understand lesbianism, that begs the question of when he finally learned about it. My money's on Nyssa and Tegan being the ones who taught him.

Cyril Sneer

Why is the "Peace" symbol a Norse "Death" rune?
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I don't know about that; it meshes rather nicely with the whole "superior alien" schtick, like an irritated dog owner spraying a couple of bitches in heat with a garden hose. 😉

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
So, if Doctor 1 wasn't cool with homos, is it safe to assume that Doctor Ruth wasn't either? And is the reason why he's such a sexist because of her internalized misogyny?

That's not very PC Chinballs...

Well we're talking about a guy who wrote a story where an ancient people with a population of Billions got ethnically cleansed with zero ramifications or emotional fallout so how 'pc' is Chinball really?

Tags
None