Dr. Who -

Cyril Sneer

The Fuct of Pepsi-Man
kiwifarms.net
Well we're talking about a guy who wrote a story where an ancient people with a population of Billions got ethnically cleansed with zero ramifications or emotional fallout so how 'pc' is Chinball really?
History seems to indicate that you don't have to scratch too hard at a progressive to find a commissar willing and ready to line people up at the side of a ditch.

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
I ask: whats the point? The question that might arise is: if she isnt a time lord, what is her origin? You are not answering anything, just creating more questions for the sake of it. And the inevitable answer will be: some super alien race. Also, she is a horrible actress, at least in this part, every scene she looks like a deer in the headlights.

Leblanc

trapped with sand and mormons
kiwifarms.net
its fascinating to see half-chibs sheer entitlement with doctor who
ive covered his smug condescension towards Pip and Jane on a live panel
the entire finale and the beebs ardent defense of that shlock is a more recent example
but i think the most infuriating example is his weird exceptionalism towards not wanting to a Christmas special

this was meant to be where capaldi was supposed to (and frankly should have) regenerate but chibby threw a fit and refused to open with a christmas special, now the problem is if who didn't do one they'd lose its christmas slot possibly permanently so moffat was forced to hash out twice upon a time just so who could keep it..... only for the fat fuck to immediately drop doing a cristmas special all together and do a new years one instead. thanks chinballs

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
this was meant to be where capaldi was supposed to (and frankly should have) regenerate but chibby threw a fit and refused to open with a christmas special, now the problem is if who didn't do one they'd lose its christmas slot possibly permanently so moffat was forced to hash out twice upon a time just so who could keep it..... only for the fat fuck to immediately drop doing a cristmas special all together and do a new years one instead. thanks chinballs
What's with his hate of Christmas anyway?

Did Santa give him only coal in advance for ruining Doctor who? Did he throw a fit over getting to drink chocolate m1lk instead of soy? or maybe is this some kind of fedora tipping anti-religious thing? (which is exceptional as plenty of atheists enjoy it as just another holiday)

I mean I don't expect him to be capable of writing any good Christmas stories, but New Year's has a completely different vibe. Christmas is is more about warm feelings like love, and stories about redemption and, spending time with family, that New Year can't replace.

There are plenty of classic Christmas stories, like a Christma Carol, and zero New Year ones

Heck Chibnall is the only person I know that would rather write a New Year story over a Christmas story. It really makes no sense

Last edited:

Leblanc

kiwifarms.net

Did Santa give him only coal in advance for ruining Doctor who? Did he throw a fit over getting to drink chocolate m1lk instead of soy? or maybe is this some kind of fedora tipping anti-religious thing? (which is exceptional as plenty of atheists enjoy it just as a celebration)

I mean I don't expect him to be capable of writing any good Christmas stories, but New Year's has a different vibe. Christmas is is more about warm feelings like love, and stories about spending time with family, and redemption, that New Year can't replace.

Heck Chibnall is the only person I know that would rather write a New Year story over a Christmas story.
my best guess would be hes trying to be "subversive" because everyone has already done a boring little christmas story and he wants to be different
because chibber is a FREE SPIRIT not bound by conventions or even things that make a story good in the most basic sense like canon, or character, or consistency of how characters are portrayed

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net
He also wrote for Law & Order UK and created Broadchurch. I’ve never seen either, but I’ve heard Broadchurch starts really good and then goes off the rails towards the end.
First series is great and has a great kick in the guts ending. Season series is boring and completely unnecessary.

Did Santa give him only coal in advance for ruining Doctor who? Did he throw a fit over getting to drink chocolate m1lk instead of soy? or maybe is this some kind of fedora tipping anti-religious thing? (which is exceptional as plenty of atheists enjoy it as just another holiday)

I mean I don't expect him to be capable of writing any good Christmas stories, but New Year's has a completely different vibe. Christmas is is more about warm feelings like love, and stories about redemption and, spending time with family, that New Year can't replace.

There are plenty of classic Christmas stories, like a Christma Carol, and zero New Year ones

Heck Chibnall is the only person I know that would rather write a New Year story over a Christmas story. It really makes no sense
When I saw they were doing a New Years special I assumed it was more woke bullshit from BBC. Don't want to offend the Muslims who probably think our show is godless trash anyway.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
You know something I realized is how just before the 12th doctor regenerated he gave some advice to 13. That is Never to be cruel or cowardly. You would think that's obvious advice to receive for any doctor.

Except 13 failed at both things. She is both very cruel and cowardly.

She was cruel when Graham, her companion, confided to her he was scared about cancer, instead of inspiring him, 13 backed away because she was "omg socially awkward and quirky".
cancer2.png

And she was cowardly when she let a disposable human die in her place. After all, he was just an old man that was going to die soon anyway, and she was the super speshuall Timeless child. This video, someone made while I was writing this, even contrast 10 sacrificing himself for Wilf, and 13 runnings away to safety.

The differences are like night and day. And I'm not even the only one to notice it. She only needs to eat a pear to give a complete middle finger to Capaldi's farewell.

13 isn't an "upgrade" she is a downgrade over all the other doctors.

Last edited:

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
You know something I realized is how just before the 12th doctor regenerated he gave some advice to 13. That is Never to be cruel or cowardly. You would think that's obvious advice to receive for any doctor.

Except 13 failed at both things. She is both very cruel and cowardly.

She was cruel when Graham, her companion, confided to her he was scared about cancer, instead of inspiring him, 13 backed away because she was "omg socially awkward and quirky".
View attachment 1182369
Their's an interesting subtext to this I've never considered. The Doctor certainly has the scientific knowlegue to stop him ever getting cancer but it never occurs to the Doctor to help with personal or medical problems. I understand
the Doctor genrally doesnt want to become the Emperor Scientist of mankind but historically his disinterest with the mundaine wellfare of his now her companions strikes me as odd, if they're going to do mundaine problems then then Doctor really does come across as a bit of a shit.

Combined with the total lack of emotonal support and the name Doctor has never seemed less appropriate.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I understand
the Doctor genrally doesnt want to become the Emperor Scientist of mankind but historically his disinterest the mundaine wellfare of his now her companions strikes me as odd, if they're going to do mundaine problems then then Doctor really does come across as a bit of a shit.
I don't think even Hartnell or Colin Baker's Doctor was this callous and apathetic.

And this shit is supposed to be woke somehow, and yet again, they've turned a previously heroic character into a complete piece of shit you're supposed to admire why exactly?

Leblanc

kiwifarms.net
I don't think even Hartnell or Colin Baker's Doctor was this callous and apathetic.

And this shit is supposed to be woke somehow, and yet again, they've turned a previously heroic character into a complete piece of shit you're supposed to admire why exactly?
They have no self awareness and can't write protagonists with different beliefs than themselves so they just overwrite what was already established just so they can make their character a blatant self insert of their ideals
That's why they think their using this doctor to appeal to the female demographic yet Tennant already did that arguably 100 times more successful

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
They have no self awareness and can't write protagonists with different beliefs than themselves so they just overwrite what was already established just so they can make their character a blatant self insert of their ideals
What ideals, though? Letting someone die literally just for their own personal convenience?

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
Judging from some verbal cues when he gets into "fixing" this story, I'd place money this youtuber is probably left-leaning. And he hates this T.C. shit too.

But then I could go into a rant about the Time Lords proper though I am an admitted casual...

Tags
None