Dr. Who -

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Flexo

Not associated with commie greeting cards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

MsStevieMarie

Mmm... Bigot sandwich *drools*
kiwifarms.net
Matt Smith is one of my favourite Doctors. (Alongside Troughton and Collin Baker if you're curious). He could go from cheerfully energetic to pensive and dangerously calm in a moment. You actually felt he was 900 years old when he let the mask slip and could be surprisingly menacing. And Matt Smith is a good actor generally. The Beast Below, 2nd episode, cemented my appreciation of him that early on with his sadness at the end and he did a good job of transitioning the Doctor from the grief-stricken Tennant Doctor to the one that is ready to move on. The Hurt Doctor's comment about "the man who regrets and the man who forgets" in the 50th was a good moment as was Ten's contempt for Eleven's willingness to put the past behind him. Good writing.

Also, he had great chemistry with Jenna Coleman regardless of how much some here hate his character. Right from the start they were good together in a way Amy and him never were even though she was supposed to have a crush on him. Pay attention and you can see Eleven thwack Clara's arse with a chamois leather just at the end of one episode. Her face has... "interesting..." written all over it as well. Honestly, she had more chemistry with him than that psychopath River Song. I never believed the whole "turned on by her being a psycho" thing they tried to sell in The Impossible Astronaut and other episodes.

Incidentally, The Eleventh Hour remains one of my favourite Who episodes of all time. It very explicitly returned the Doctor to his roots in de-powering him from the lonely god era of Tennant - TARDIS offline, sonic screwdriver (aka infinitely powerful magic wand) destroyed and just dropping the Doctor on Earth with just the shirt on his back. Everything down to the fact he ended up in a remote English village far from London, UNIT or anything else was deliberately done to say things were scaled back. The pacing of the whole series shifted. For nostalgia's sake I'm going to sperg fully now and post the original Season 5 trailer. It's a long time ago now but I can remember how I reacted. There was so much promise. WWII Daleks, strange fairground people, shadows running through a graveyard and a city in Space flying the Union Jack. It looked great and for the most part, I believe it was. Hard core Who fans were up in arms about it though because it showed the Doctor firing a gun.

Nobody cares but I'm going to list my sexiest companions, imo: Clara Oswald, Martha Jones, Leela, Liz Shaw.

Karen Gillian is an odd one in that whilst obviously pretty I didn't really fancy her in Doctor Who. But as Nebula in the Marvel movies she's the one thing that tipped me into going to see Infinity War Part II. I don't know what's going on in my head but I find her hugely attractive in one and not much at all in the other. And no, I don't have a fetish for smurfs - it's something to do with their characters.

Out of curiosity, what is it about The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood that you found so off-putting? I'm not arguing they're the best episodes of the run but I also can't see what in particular about them would make them so bad. I mean, you'd already made it through every Incel's favourite episode Amy's Choice.
Smith won me over when he yeeted a slice of bread out the door and yelled: "And stay out!"

As I've said before - there's a reason for that. The goal of the Social Justice Warrior is to make sure everyone else shares their values. You can't do that by going off and just enjoying what makes you happy. You have to alter what makes other people happy. That's the point.

You did say "mostly", but I have to say their version of him for the Christmas Special was anything but respectful. The actor did a passable job at his mannerisms but the writing was not true to the original character at all. They retroactively made him into a sexist dinosaur just because that's what they either thought someone from that era must be or else because they wanted him to be that. I suspect the latter. This is someone who has come from a hyper-advanced society, who has seen varied cultures and species across time and space but clutches his pearls at Bill being a lesbian.

You know what "time travel" TV show got people from the past right? Sleepy Hollow. There's a bit where Ichabod remarks to the modern-day police officer he's befriended "is that acceptable these days?" towards two men in a restaurant. She goes on this slightly condescending mini-spiel about gay marriage and acceptance. To which Ichabod replies in exasperation: "I know what a homosexual is! I meant wearing a hat whilst eating." It's like how kids always imagine their parents never had any fun before they came along (just because they've never had any fun since). I'm pretty damn certain the Doctor wouldn't freak out because Bill got it on with another woman.
Not sure I mentioned this before here but BBC did the same with the final season of Sherlock starting with the Christmas special The Abominable Bride which was set in Sherlock Holmes' original time period. In it, Sherlock and Watson were portrayed as sexists and the whole thing revolved around the suffragette movement. This was followed by a season in which a third Holmes sibling was introduced, a sister who had been locked in a facility since she was a child. She was established as being more intelligent than both Sherlock and Mycroft to almost a supernatural degree. Guards couldn't spend more than 5 minutes alone with her lest she bewitch them with her magical thunk powers or some garbage. Suffice to say it wasn't well-received and people went from rabidly awaiting each new season of Sherlock to being all like "Nah, I'm good."

The showrunner on that show? Steven "Ch-ch-cha chia!" Moffat.

drtoboggan

Make any time baller time with Charleston Chew.
kiwifarms.net
Something to keep in mind is that Chinballs was the showrunner of Torchwood prior to the excellent Children of Earth. That should tell you how much he sucks. Mark Gatiss or Paul Cornell should have been showrunner.

Twitter Hate Mob

Actual size
kiwifarms.net
Something to keep in mind is that Chinballs was the showrunner of Torchwood prior to the excellent Children of Earth. That should tell you how much he sucks. Mark Gatiss or Paul Cornell should have been showrunner.
Not just the show runner, but he also wrote the hilariously awful "Cyberwoman" and irrredeemably crap "Countrycide" episodes too.

His only other major work of note being to write the same episode of Life on Mars twice. What a man.

Cyril Sneer

Why is the "Peace" symbol a Norse "Death" rune?
kiwifarms.net
Well we're talking about a guy who wrote a story where an ancient people with a population of Billions got ethnically cleansed with zero ramifications or emotional fallout so how 'pc' is Chinball really?
History seems to indicate that you don't have to scratch too hard at a progressive to find a commissar willing and ready to line people up at the side of a ditch.

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
I ask: whats the point? The question that might arise is: if she isnt a time lord, what is her origin? You are not answering anything, just creating more questions for the sake of it. And the inevitable answer will be: some super alien race. Also, she is a horrible actress, at least in this part, every scene she looks like a deer in the headlights.

Leblanc

trapped with sand and mormons
kiwifarms.net
its fascinating to see half-chibs sheer entitlement with doctor who
ive covered his smug condescension towards Pip and Jane on a live panel
the entire finale and the beebs ardent defense of that shlock is a more recent example
but i think the most infuriating example is his weird exceptionalism towards not wanting to a Christmas special

this was meant to be where capaldi was supposed to (and frankly should have) regenerate but chibby threw a fit and refused to open with a christmas special, now the problem is if who didn't do one they'd lose its christmas slot possibly permanently so moffat was forced to hash out twice upon a time just so who could keep it..... only for the fat fuck to immediately drop doing a cristmas special all together and do a new years one instead. thanks chinballs

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
this was meant to be where capaldi was supposed to (and frankly should have) regenerate but chibby threw a fit and refused to open with a christmas special, now the problem is if who didn't do one they'd lose its christmas slot possibly permanently so moffat was forced to hash out twice upon a time just so who could keep it..... only for the fat fuck to immediately drop doing a cristmas special all together and do a new years one instead. thanks chinballs
What's with his hate of Christmas anyway?

Did Santa give him only coal in advance for ruining Doctor who? Did he throw a fit over getting to drink chocolate m1lk instead of soy? or maybe is this some kind of fedora tipping anti-religious thing? (which is retarded as plenty of atheists enjoy it as just another holiday)

I mean I don't expect him to be capable of writing any good Christmas stories, but New Year's has a completely different vibe. Christmas is is more about warm feelings like love, and stories about redemption and, spending time with family, that New Year can't replace.

There are plenty of classic Christmas stories, like a Christma Carol, and zero New Year ones

Heck Chibnall is the only person I know that would rather write a New Year story over a Christmas story. It really makes no sense

Last edited:

Leblanc

trapped with sand and mormons
kiwifarms.net

Did Santa give him only coal in advance for ruining Doctor who? Did he throw a fit over getting to drink chocolate m1lk instead of soy? or maybe is this some kind of fedora tipping anti-religious thing? (which is exceptional as plenty of atheists enjoy it just as a celebration)

I mean I don't expect him to be capable of writing any good Christmas stories, but New Year's has a different vibe. Christmas is is more about warm feelings like love, and stories about spending time with family, and redemption, that New Year can't replace.

Heck Chibnall is the only person I know that would rather write a New Year story over a Christmas story.
my best guess would be hes trying to be "subversive" because everyone has already done a boring little christmas story and he wants to be different
because chibber is a FREE SPIRIT not bound by conventions or even things that make a story good in the most basic sense like canon, or character, or consistency of how characters are portrayed

MsStevieMarie

Mmm... Bigot sandwich *drools*
kiwifarms.net
He also wrote for Law & Order UK and created Broadchurch. I’ve never seen either, but I’ve heard Broadchurch starts really good and then goes off the rails towards the end.
First series is great and has a great kick in the guts ending. Season series is boring and completely unnecessary.

Did Santa give him only coal in advance for ruining Doctor who? Did he throw a fit over getting to drink chocolate m1lk instead of soy? or maybe is this some kind of fedora tipping anti-religious thing? (which is exceptional as plenty of atheists enjoy it as just another holiday)

I mean I don't expect him to be capable of writing any good Christmas stories, but New Year's has a completely different vibe. Christmas is is more about warm feelings like love, and stories about redemption and, spending time with family, that New Year can't replace.

There are plenty of classic Christmas stories, like a Christma Carol, and zero New Year ones

Heck Chibnall is the only person I know that would rather write a New Year story over a Christmas story. It really makes no sense
When I saw they were doing a New Years special I assumed it was more woke bullshit from BBC. Don't want to offend the Muslims who probably think our show is godless trash anyway.

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
You know something I realized is how just before the 12th doctor regenerated he gave some advice to 13. That is Never to be cruel or cowardly. You would think that's obvious advice to receive for any doctor.

Except 13 failed at both things. She is both very cruel and cowardly.

She was cruel when Graham, her companion, confided to her he was scared about cancer, instead of inspiring him, 13 backed away because she was "omg socially awkward and quirky".
cancer2.png

And she was cowardly when she let a disposable human die in her place. After all, he was just an old man that was going to die soon anyway, and she was the super speshuall Timeless child. This video, someone made while I was writing this, even contrast 10 sacrificing himself for Wilf, and 13 runnings away to safety.

The differences are like night and day. And I'm not even the only one to notice it. She only needs to eat a pear to give a complete middle finger to Capaldi's farewell.

13 isn't an "upgrade" she is a downgrade over all the other doctors.

Last edited:

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
You know something I realized is how just before the 12th doctor regenerated he gave some advice to 13. That is Never to be cruel or cowardly. You would think that's obvious advice to receive for any doctor.

Except 13 failed at both things. She is both very cruel and cowardly.

She was cruel when Graham, her companion, confided to her he was scared about cancer, instead of inspiring him, 13 backed away because she was "omg socially awkward and quirky".
View attachment 1182369
Their's an interesting subtext to this I've never considered. The Doctor certainly has the scientific knowlegue to stop him ever getting cancer but it never occurs to the Doctor to help with personal or medical problems. I understand
the Doctor genrally doesnt want to become the Emperor Scientist of mankind but historically his disinterest with the mundaine wellfare of his now her companions strikes me as odd, if they're going to do mundaine problems then then Doctor really does come across as a bit of a shit.

Combined with the total lack of emotonal support and the name Doctor has never seemed less appropriate.

Last edited:
Tags
None