Dr. Who -

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net

Flexo

Drunk posting normal. Beware sober posting.
kiwifarms.net

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What really bothers me most about Chibnall’s writing is that it feels so bland and safe. I know people shit on Davies and Moffat but they brought actually interesting ideas and memorable moments to the table. Chibnall hasn’t made anything memorable or interesting aside from the awful shitstorm of the Timeless Child. His stuff always bored me.

I wonder what the anti Moffat danger hairs of Tumblr and Twitter think of Chibnall? Does he get their progressive seal of approval or did they manage to dig up something problematic and cancel him? Considering there are still people on Tumblr spreading false rumors and info about Moffat I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of them tried to comb through Chibnall’s writing and personal life to find problematic content.

TheImportantFart

The Farter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder what the anti Moffat danger hairs of Tumblr and Twitter think of Chibnall? Does he get their progressive seal of approval or did they manage to dig up something problematic and cancel him? Considering there are still people on Tumblr spreading false rumors and info about Moffat I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of them tried to comb through Chibnall’s writing and personal life to find problematic content.
I did a cursory search of Tumblr, and while I didn't find nearly as much vitriol as I've seen directed against Moffat, I did find this:

Tumblr mad.png

So yeah, they mad.

I also found this, which made me laugh:

Chibnall kinkshaming.png

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
I did a cursory search of Tumblr, and while I didn't find nearly as much vitriol as I've seen directed against Moffat, I did find this:

View attachment 1248753
I always like how these people put "killed for no purpose" as if establishing stakes and tension in a story is of no purpose.

And they also show their hand here with complaining about the Master - who is working with Nazis - being turned over to the Nazis. Because now he's a POC. Like damn, they really do believe going brown absolves you of any and all wrongdoing don't they?

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
I always like how these people put "killed for no purpose" as if establishing stakes and tension in a story is of no purpose.
It reminds me of STD and how they brought back the gay doctor out of nowhere in the second season because of some backlash from that part of the fanbase.

• Feels
  • Informative
Reactions: Pixy Misa and Flexo

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Was talking to a friend and he pointed something out.

Back in the days, if comic books were pushing forward some mega, big change, the writers would always try and leave a secret way for the change to be undone. It was literally called "the out." If things worked out and it was a big hit with the audience, great! But say it didn't work out, or the audience really hated it. Well then yourself or a future writer could take advantage of "the out" and undo the change to the story. (Like all writing tools, this had good and bad examples.)

Nowadays? Notice how these new woke writers NEVER provide or set up "an out" in any of their stories. Instead they do everything possible they can to make these changes as concrete and irrevocable as possible.

I think it shows just how prideful these new writers are and their willingness to burn the whole edifice down rather than let one idea of theirs ever be corrected.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Was talking to a friend and he pointed something out.

Back in the days, if comic books were pushing forward some mega, big change, the writers would always try and leave a secret way for the change to be undone. It was literally called "the out." If things worked out and it was a big hit with the audience, great! But say it didn't work out, or the audience really hated it. Well then yourself or a future writer could take advantage of "the out" and undo the change to the story. (Like all writing tools, this had good and bad examples.)

Nowadays? Notice how these new woke writers NEVER provide or set up "an out" in any of their stories. Instead they do everything possible they can to make these changes as concrete and irrevocable as possible.

I think it shows just how prideful these new writers are and their willingness to burn the whole edifice down rather than let one idea of theirs ever be corrected.
Because writers back then were trying to find what the reader liked. And the SJW writers today are trying to tell the reader what to like.

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I ever became a head writer on one of these. I would legit Dallas "Dream Twist" the shit out of their entire plotline just to fucking piss them off.
I'd just reboot the entire new series. Pay Paul McGann whatever he wanted and reboot from his Doctor.

TheImportantFart

The Farter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
During the lockdown, there have been rewatches of old episodes going on, and the writers have been producing new material to go along with them. Some of these have been pretty decent (I got a good chuckle out of RTD's mini-sequel to Rose), some of them have been...

One of the more recent ones is a mini-sequel to Human Nature/The Family Blood and it's BAD. Remember that badass moment at the end of The Family of Blood where their spaceship blew up, and the Tenth Doctor came marching back and said: "Oh hell naw. I gave you motherfuckers a chance and you blew it. It's an eternity of torment for you!"?

Well now the Thirteenth Doctor pops back a few million years later, frees the daughter (and none of the other family members), then toddles off having liberated an unrepentant psychopath from her prison. A few people in the comments section have tried defending this by saying that outside the mirror she can only survive a few days, but that almost makes it worse because the daughter says she kind of liked being in the mirror.

But wait, it gets better! The Thirteenth Doctor says she came back and freed the daughter to correct for the "sins" and "sicknesses" of her past selves. So the Thirteenth Doctor is a shining paragon of virtue and her past selves are evil, sick people. Got it.

Even when the show's off the air we're not safe from this crap.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised this is coming from current year Paul Cornell, a man who unironically signal boosted Brianna Wu's claims that an obvious phishing email she fell for was a sign the Russians were trying to hack her political campaign. It's sad beyond belief to see the man who created Bernice Summerfield and wrote classics like Love and War and Seasons of Fear reduced to playing around in the shit Chibnall dropped and smearing it backwards down the timeline.

Last edited:

DuranceVile

kiwifarms.net
During the lockdown, there have been rewatches of old episodes going on, and the writers have been producing new material to go along with them. Some of these have been pretty decent (I got a good chuckle out of RTD's mini-sequel to Rose), some of them have been...

One of the more recent ones is a mini-sequel to Human Nature/The Family Blood and it's BAD. Remember that badass moment at the end of The Family of Blood where their spaceship blew up, and the Tenth Doctor came marching back and said: "Oh hell naw. I gave you motherfuckers a chance and you blew it. It's an eternity of torment for you!"?

Well now the Thirteenth Doctor pops back a few million years later, frees the daughter (and none of the other family members), then toddles off having liberated an unrepentant psychopath from her prison. A few people in the comments section have tried defending this by saying that outside the mirror she can only survive a few days, but that almost makes it worse because the daughter says she kind of liked being in the mirror.

But wait, it gets better! The Thirteenth Doctor says she came back and freed the Doctor to correct for the "sins" and "sicknesses" of her past selves. So the Thirteenth Doctor is a shining paragon of virtue and her past selves are evil, sick people. Got it.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised this is coming from current year Paul Cornell, a man who unironically signal boosted Brianna Wu's claims that an obvious phishing email she fell for was a sign the Russians were trying to hack her political campaign. It's sad beyond belief to see the man who created Bernice Summerfield and wrote classics like Love and War and Seasons of Fear reduced to playing around in the shit Chibnall dropped and smearing it backwards down the timeline.
I have been super bummed by this. I used to love Cornell's writing. Seasons of Fear is up there with my favorite stories. I really enjoyed a lot of the Bernice Summerfield stuff too in the early Big Finish days. It's sad to see the woke brainworms have wriggled their way into good writers too.

What's doubly funny is that I believe Cornell got his start as a king nerd writing for a popular Who fanzine during the wilderness years. I think were it not for Current Year dogma, he'd be just as pissed about The Timeless Child ratings killer.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Decided to splurge during the quarantine and bought Tom Baker Season 7 on blu-ray. Can someone explain why they need eight blu-ray discs for 26 episodes of a show that isn't even in high definition?
While @TheImportantFart is probably right, how many languages does the box set accommodate? Once upon a time I used to rip DVDs and found many of the "larger" set ones had much of their space being taken up by the dozens of language tracks each episode had.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

But wait, it gets better! The Thirteenth Doctor says she came back and freed the daughter to correct for the "sins" and "sicknesses" of her past selves. So the Thirteenth Doctor is a shining paragon of virtue and her past selves are evil, sick people. Got it.

IIRC the entire family had killed and possessed people to get their physical forms, which means that the doctor freed a literal child murderer solely because....erm......vagina?

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
I’d say it’s for the special features, but more likely it’s to justify selling the thing as a huge fuck off boxset rather than a single DVD case.
While @TheImportantFart is probably right, how many languages does the box set accommodate? Once upon a time I used to rip DVDs and found many of the "larger" set ones had much of their space being taken up by the dozens of language tracks each episode had.
I guess its a little of both.

Five audio tracks. Two English. Two commentary. One soundtrack only.
There's a shit ton of special featuring including behind the scenes stuff and the cast and crew live-watching the episodes. You also get Blue Peter and the K-9 and Company Pilot Episode (whatever the fuck that is).

All in all, not a bad deal for $20 on Amazon.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
I guess its a little of both.

Five audio tracks. Two English. Two commentary. One soundtrack only.
There's a shit ton of special featuring including behind the scenes stuff and the cast and crew live-watching the episodes. You also get Blue Peter and the K-9 and Company Pilot Episode (whatever the fuck that is).

All in all, not a bad deal for $20 on Amazon.
That isn't bad. And yeah, 5-7 audio tracks can take up a lot of space.

On a DVD. Seems like bluray should have been able to take up less room. (unless they just used that extra space to expand the video quality - which is sometimes its own scandal lol)

Tags
None