Dr. Who -

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Remember when half of the NuWho fans went crazy over the brightly coloured Paradigm Daleks in the Smith era?

Let's see if this gets shitcanned immediately too, or if this era of Chinballs means we're stuck with Ashley Isaac Daleks
Are questionably designed Daleks anywhere near to being the worst thing about the current show? This is like complaining that you have a zit when you have stage 4 inoperable cancer.

He’s actually going to fuck the Daleks worse than them being programmed with a concept of mercy and having “Exterminate” being them saying “I love you” isn’t he? I’d be impressed if I wasn’t so depressed.
Why not have Daleks learn that Friendship is Magic and mercilessly go out into the world enforcing this belief?

Last edited:

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm watching Series 1 Episode 3: The Unquiet Dead tonight. Unlike a lot of episodes of this era, I hardly remember anything about this one going into it, aside from it being "The Charles Dickens episode." Let's just say I don't have 'great expectations' about it, heh...

-Right off the bat, Rose is trying to act philosophical. "Think about it, Christmas in 1860 just happens once then once it's finished it never comes again." Yeah you dumb chav, that's exactly how the concept of linear time works...

-I forgot that the actress who plays the main female character from Torchwood was in this episode, as a character they retconned as being her ancestor or something. (Don't even get me started, but I think Gwen is an even bigger cunt than Rose is- that gap tooth cheating whore.)

-Billie Piper isn't ugly or anything, (bad teeth aside) but when she puts on a dress, 9 fawns over her like she's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen before for a second... Eh... No, not even close. He quickly brushes it off, but I'm still disappointed. I guess I'd convinced myself that shit didn't really start until 10 came into the picture.

-I like the guy they got to play Charles Dickens in this. Apparently he had a history playing Dickens on the stage several times before he was cast here. Right on.

-The "ghost" effects were kind of shit, but in a fun way. No complaints.

-Rose just got taken out with an ether rag, and I'm grinning ear to ear.

-I absolutely love how 9 doesn't give a shit about Charles Dickens at first, and doesn't immediately recognize him until he hears someone else say his name. I also love that 9 uses an anachronistic term ("fan") and actually gets called out for it. It's weird, but I don't feel like that happens nearly often enough in Doctor Who, and while I'm glad that it "does" happen, I can see how it would get very annoying very quickly if it happened much more often...)

-Rose and proto-Gwen are bonding over both being stupid thots. Right on.

-Charles Dickens seems almost entirely out of place in this episode. I'm roughly 2/3 through, and really all he's done so far is object to participating in a seance. He's mostly just been a passive viewer of the episode for the most part.

-Ok so that kind of changed in the last few minutes, he was the one to come up with the solution to the problem... But him being Charles Dickens really doesn't seem to have contributed anything to his stellar insight of "turn the gas on to stop the alien beings made of gas." I stand by my earlier assertion that he really didn't need to be here.

-Remember when I said I was going to try to be impartial? I *really* liked the conflict of Rose being horrified about the aliens wanting to possess dead human bodies, and 9 not seeing any problem with it (possibly because he feels guilty that those aliens died in the time war.) With that said, 9 does kind of seem like a putz. He's been tricked by literally every single villain, in every single episode so far up til now.

-Proto-Gwen died saving the world, which was incredibly noble of her. But I vaguely remember 10 and Rose laughing about it/her when they met Torchwood Gwen because they remembered the first one, I suspect that probably happened in the Stolen Earth or Journey's End, but I'm not there yet, so I can't prove it.

-Charles Dickens appears to have learned a valuable lesson about love and spending Christmas with family by the end of this episode, but I honestly don't see how. I'm admittedly not an expert in Charles Dickens history, but near as I can tell in real life he didn't have some grand epiphany in 1860** or anything like that, so this coupled with him being lonely at the beginning of the episode just makes it seem like this episode was trying to give him a "Christmas Carol" storyline, which also doesn't make sense. He was literally reciting "A Christmas Carol" in this episode, he didn't need to "learn" anything from it- He literally *wrote* it.

**Before tonight, I didn't know or really even care when Charles Dickens died, but I was confused- At the very beginning of this episode, 9 says that he and Rose were "going to 1860", it's the date I've been using for this entire post so far... But before they leave, to explain why Dickens will never write about all the crazy things he just saw, 9 says, "in a weeks time it will be 1870", (i.e. the year Charles Dickens dies, even though, wikipedia says that Charles Dickens died in June, not January.) I'm hardly a history sperg, but what a way to fumble the landing several times over...

This wasn't a terrible episode or anything, but I can see why I originally forgot about it.

Oh shit, the next episode is the farting aliens wearing fat human skin suits episode.

Wild Wild Sonichu

kiwifarms.net
Are questionably designed Daleks anywhere near to being the worst thing about the current show? This is like complaining that you have a zit when you have stage 4 inoperable cancer.

It'll be a pretty interesting way of seeing how little, or how devoted, what's left of the current fanbase are. Don't underestimate the sheet power of Doctor Who fans to bitch about whatever the fuck they can.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Before it came out, I was convinced that Series 5 was going to be the death of the modern run of the show. It didn't seem feasible for things to retain momentum with David Tennant leaving and practically every other aspect of the show changing in some way. I think that a lot of people don't quite appreciate just how much of a household name the show and its stars were during the RTD era.
I think this was the promo I saw as a child and it was my very first exposure to Doctor Who, so without a lot of things to compare it to I thought it was fucking amazing (and I recall a similar promo closer to the air date saying it would be on the following Saturday and I vowed to watch it).
When @Wisteria says it was a household name, I just wanna say from my perspective at the time that it was well and truly everywhere. Not only did we have SJA to get our fix without the Doctor around, there was an entire kids' game show on the CBBC dedicated to it (called Totally Doctor Who), and of course there was Torchwood for the older viewers. There were Doctor Who books I got my little hands on whenever it was Reading Day across the UK schools where they'd give you a coupon for at least one free book if you didn't have money. Blue Peter made a fucking Dalek cake at some point with a million other Who themed cameos. Most of my primary school teachers had Doctor Who wallpaper on their computers. This show went from dead to being a modern national legend under RTD's time*.

Doctor Who was the country's darling and it existed in a sweet spot (2005-2010) without social media's terrible influence to turn a piece of family entertainment into a social-political mouthpiece. When Tennant's run was over, I think people had a lot of good will for the show and regeneration prepared us for a totally new Doctor but changing literally everything else on the show, no matter how high the production values, meant kissing this era goodbye.

Maybe it was ironic for me as someone who liked the soft reboot premise to actually drop DW altogether before 11's first episode, but I didn't do that out of principal, I just... fell off the bandwagon. I always intended to catch up at some point but I follow this thread and it's like deciding to get back on while the bandwagon is slowly heading off a cliff while on fire. What's the point? Also, I really, really wanted to like Series 9 and 10 because the sound of Capaldi's Doctor is awesome but Clara's blandness and the mystery boxes felt soulless and insulting. Not that I recall it very well but everything about the Hybrid was frustrating. They talk about it out of nowhere, but never show it, and keep vaguely alluding that it has something to do with the Doctor (and/or Clara?) but I don't remember ever being given a payoff or explanation, just that 'Doctor does a thing and it's ok now, Hybrid's not a problem, world's not going to explode'. I'm not stupid and that plot wasn't too big brain for me, whoever wrote this thought they were being clever and intelligent when really they were self-fellating over being dark and serious and not RTD-campy.

*RTD's not perfect, I thought Fear Her was pretty bad as it aired. Too mundane, kind of cheesy, the domestic abuse subtext with the little girl's dad was really uncomfortable and the kid herself was creepy as fuck.

I'm curious, can someone else confirm if Bongs still love Doctor Who? Do their kids still watch Blue Peter baking Dalek cakes or beg them to buy the magazines while the actors appear on Good Morning interviews and tabloid covers?

Last edited:

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net
-Charles Dickens appears to have learned a valuable lesson about love and spending Christmas with family by the end of this episode, but I honestly don't see how. I'm admittedly not an expert in Charles Dickens history, but near as I can tell in real life he didn't have some grand epiphany in 1860** or anything like that, so this coupled with him being lonely at the beginning of the episode just makes it seem like this episode was trying to give him a "Christmas Carol" storyline, which also doesn't make sense. He was literally reciting "A Christmas Carol" in this episode, he didn't need to "learn" anything from it- He literally *wrote* it.

**Before tonight, I didn't know or really even care when Charles Dickens died, but I was confused- At the very beginning of this episode, 9 says that he and Rose were "going to 1860", it's the date I've been using for this entire post so far... But before they leave, to explain why Dickens will never write about all the crazy things he just saw, 9 says, "in a weeks time it will be 1870", (i.e. the year Charles Dickens dies, even though, wikipedia says that Charles Dickens died in June, not January.) I'm hardly a history sperg, but what a way to fumble the landing several times over...
The 1860 thing is supposed to be a background setup to the Tardis not arriving at the intended time, a detail that becomes important next episode. Even then, the correct date is seen shortly after the '1860' line on the poster in Dicken's ready room.

As for Dickens role in the episode, His arc is a nod to Ebeneezer Scrooge as he starts the episode rather miserable, uninspired and ultimately tired of life to the point of feeling that it is too late to rectify his mistakes only to gain a new lease on life at the end. The episode was supposed to have multiple references to various Dickens novels but they were ultimately cut or never came to fruition.

As for the actual episode. Dickens never actually did a reading in Cardiff in December 1869. So that is either a gaff or intentional artistic license to have the doctor and co meet Dickens on the christmas before he died. In the real world Dickens began touring in the January of 1970 up to March before falling gravely ill and eventually succumbing to his illness and leaving his final work unfinished (Another small anachronism as the first chapters of Edwin Drood were not published until April 1870) The ending is bittersweet as Dickens leaves the doctor and rose feeling inspired for the first time in years and ready to make changes only for the doctor to inform rose that he anything he chooses to do now will be shortlived.

UnKillFill

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The 1860 thing is supposed to be a background setup to the Tardis not arriving at the intended time, a detail that becomes important next episode. Even then, the correct date is seen shortly after the '1860' line on the poster in Dicken's ready room.
Thanks for clearing that up, I just assumed there was a script editor oversight or something. They make such a big deal about it being 1860 at the beginning, but if there was a scene where they learn it isn't 1860 afterall before the Doctor casually mentions that Dickens will be dead in a few weeks, I somehow missed it. It didn't hinder my enjoyment of the episode any, but it did confuse the hell out of me that I thought they were in 1860 the whole episode and suddenly they're in 1869.

As for Dickens role in the episode, His arc is a nod to Ebeneezer Scrooge as he starts the episode rather miserable, uninspired and ultimately tired of life to the point of feeling that it is too late to rectify his mistakes only to gain a new lease on life at the end. The episode was supposed to have multiple references to various Dickens novels but they were ultimately cut or never came to fruition.
Yeah I got that's what they were going for, I just don't think they accomplished it particularly well. Like I said, Dickens felt like an afterthought for most of the episode, and I didn't see him deserving the Scrooge treatment in the first place. He mostly just seemed tired and a little bit emo about his family for unspecified reasons. TBH, I'm not really sure what happened in the episode that changed this, he's suddenly just "I'm not emo anymore because I saw aliens, I love my family and Christmas now!"

As for the actual episode. Dickens never actually did a reading in Cardiff in December 1869. So that is either a gaff or intentional artistic license to have the doctor and co meet Dickens on the christmas before he died. In the real world Dickens began touring in the January of 1970 up to March before falling gravely ill and eventually succumbing to his illness and leaving his final work unfinished (Another small anachronism as the first chapters of Edwin Drood were not published until April 1870) The ending is bittersweet as Dickens leaves the doctor and rose feeling inspired for the first time in years and ready to make changes only for the doctor to inform rose that he anything he chooses to do now will be shortlived.
I wasn't meaning to harp on any historical inaccuracy in the episode, I don't usually give a shit about that (unless it's something really egregious like "history is a white wash". Because the BBC need to have a certain number of POC in every episode whether it makes sense or not.)

I wouldn't have even known that Dickens did dramatic readings in front of crowds in the first place, let alone what year he did them. Accurate or not, I'm glad they included it because it was easily my favorite part of the episode. The guy they got to play Dickens did a really great job, I just wish he got to do it in a better episode. (I'm glad they got him back for a small cameo in the Series 6 finale.)

You know, it just hit me. This episode was like a half-baked proto version of Vincent and the Doctor. (Which I still consider to be one of the better episodes of one of the better series of New Who.) Only nowhere near as good. I'm probably not the first person to make that comparison.

Ok, so it's the fat farting aliens episode.

-I've given Jackie a lot of shit over the years (mostly because she's basically just a 20 years older Rose). but damn, she's really getting my sympathy so far in this rewatch. Why the hell doesn't Rose just tell her where she's been from the beginning? Worst case scenario, she doesn't believe it. So just show her the inside of the Tardis, **like they even do later in the episode.

-Jackie wins the episode.
Jackie: Did you find her on the internet? Did you go online and pretend you're a doctor?
9: I *am* a doctor.
Jackie: Prove it, stitch this mate. *slaps the fuck out of him*

-Rose calls 9 gay because he says it hurt when Jackie slapped him. What the hell!? I love this show now. I bet they wish they could go back and take that line out in the current year haha.

-I seriously don't get why Rose couldn't tell her mother where she went. The Doctor didn't even tell her not to, just that she can't travel with them.

-They're watching TV coverage of the spaceship crash, and because of dumb kid shenanigans, the tv randomly changes to a cooking show where some tv chef (I'm assuming he's better known in bongland, but he isn't Gordon Ramsay, so I don't care) is already making some sort of space ship cake. This was a cute touch.

-I never even remotely liked Harriet Jones until 10 screwed her over out of sheer spite (after she ironically did the objectively correct thing, and shot down unrepentant murder aliens, who were only retreating because they were defeated *this time*.), and I still don't like her here. She's a dumb as rocks busybody... and worse still, a bureaucrat. I can see how she became prime minister in a retarded place the UK, but I wouldn't want someone like her as a leader in my country. It doesn't help that she looks like a significantly younger Nancy Pelosi.

-The fact that Rose has been back to her present Earth for the better part of a day, and even after learning that to the rest of the world she's been gone for a year, *still* didn't bother telling her boyfriend that she was back, until he found out later himself is textbook Rose. What a fucking cunt.

-It's even worse when you find out he's been taken in multiple times for police questioning, and that Jackie's spent the last year making his life a living hell because she thought he might be involved with Rose's disappearance. #blacklivesmatter

To be fair, I don't directly blame Rose for those things Mickey went through, 9 is the one who fucked up there. If anyone owes Mickey an apology, 9 does... But 9 doesn't apologize, he just doubles down and acts like even more of a dick. Why is Colin Baker known as "the Asshole Doctor"? At least he never stole someone's girlfriend and then treated the exe boyfriend like a little bitch for no reason.

-I can see why Mickey doesn't like the Doctor right up until he's paired off with Martha Jones because they're both black because they both have *so much* in common, and have *totally* met eachother onscreen even once. and sees that 10 is dying. I like to think Mickey was secretly laughing.

-Wow that "pig alien" looks even shittier than I remember, but I like the concept in retrospect. (It looks shitty because it's a fake.)

-The farting is just as cringy and stupid as I remember it being. "I'm shaking my booty." indeed.

-Why does the Doctor treat Mickey like he's an idiot? Sure Mickey is dumber than the Doctor is, but so is literally every other human on the planet. He's still clearly significantly smarter than Rose is, even in this episode, and the Doctor calls Rose brilliant more than once. (Even though she isn't.) I guess it's because he's black err... I mean a fucking white male.

-**When I wrote the first half of this, I forgot that Jackie does in fact see the inside of the Tardis in this episode. (if only accidentally) But Rose still decides to be a massive retard and lets her run off without telling her shit. Of course Jackie called the feds on her. Jackie is whatever the hell you call a 20 year older chav, and at the end of the day is just as stupid as her daughter is. Jackie isn't even wrong, Rose *is* in danger. I still feel for her.

-Wow the cops show up almost immediately, and the young black man is still somehow the only one who's able to get away, while the young white woman gets caught? The UK really *is* different from the US.

-
Fat Farting Alien: *fart*
9: Excuse me, do you mind not farting while I'm saving the world?
Fat Farting Alien: Would you rather silent but deadly?

I'm calling it now, this was a fetish for one of the writers.

-Slitheen my ass, those are knockoff Gorons from Legend of Zelda. And they look ridiculous.

I'm not watching part 2 tonight.

TheImportantFart

Henry Assman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
-They're watching TV coverage of the spaceship crash, and because of dumb kid shenanigans, the tv randomly changes to a cooking show where some tv chef (I'm assuming he's better known in bongland, but he isn't Gordon Ramsay, so I don't care) is already making some sort of space ship cake. This was a cute touch.
That was an episode of Blue Peter and the guy in question is Matt Baker (lol, fitting surname). Blue Peter has a long association with Doctor Who (not least because Peter Purves ended up being a presenter) and they would often do cooking segments where they’d show you how to make cakes or other goodies (including Daleks cakes once). In fact, those segments were responsible for the infamous line “Here’s one I made earlier” which was a proto meme in bongland in the era before the internet.
-
Fat Farting Alien: *fart*
9: Excuse me, do you mind not farting while I'm saving the world?
Fat Farting Alien: Would you rather silent but deadly?
I will admit that exchange made me laugh, and is almost enough to justify the farting. Almost.
-Slitheen my ass, those are knockoff Gorons from Legend of Zelda. And they look ridiculous.
I always thought they looked like E.T.’s older brother. Either way, they’re too cute to be threatening.

• Winner
Reactions: UnKillFill

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
-I can see why Mickey doesn't like the Doctor right up until he's paired off with Martha Jones because they're both black because they both have *so much* in common, and have *totally* met eachother onscreen even once. and sees that 10 is dying. I like to think Mickey was secretly laughing.
I can't tell you how much that pissed me off. For a start, in a sea of false accusations of racial stereotyping and bias, this actually genuinely feels like the wrtiers put them together because they're both Black. For a second, it's as forced and bad a pairing as Hermione and Ron. Martha is smart, self-motivated and was engaged to a heroic, intelligent guy who spent his life helping others (another doctor). Mickey is... a tin dog.

I also really liked Martha when she appeared. Likeable, confident without being arrogant and a nice side of me fancying her a lot physically. Pairing her off with someone like Mickey was just insulting.

BroccoliBrain

kiwifarms.net
I have no idea why they made Rose such a bitch to Mickey, the only excuse I can give her is that she's only 19 and seems relatively sheltered (chavvy but no proper #thuglyfe), and bored 19 year olds are prone to being dickheads.
edit: maybe it was meant to set a precedent that Nu-Who companions wouldn't be idealised movie heroes when everything else got a production bump in case any existing fans were worried about that? Speaking of production I know it was 2005 but by god Series 1 is so bloomy.

Last edited:

UnKillFill

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
*drinks heavily* Ok, World War 3

-9 is a putz who gets outsmarted (usually by idiots) every episode so far.

-The Slitheen (or whatever the retarded name of their race that I don't care enough to look up is) look ridiculous, holy shit, who looked at that and said "oh yeah that's a great design?" I'm not surprised that nobody is calling for them to come back to the show in recent years.

-The Prime Minister alien and the General alien are in an elevator and the PM alien farts and complains about not being allowed to be naked. General alien tells him to "rejoice in it" and they both "get naked" together while having this weird look on their faces... I think they were meant to be smelling the fart. This was somebody's fetish.

-I really like the dynamic between Mickey and Jackie, all throughout this episode, and iirc some later episodes as well. They're the two who get shit on the most in this era of Who, and usually the ones who deserve it the least.

-Ok, where is UNIT during all this? Hell, where is Torchwood? (The Asian chick from Torchwood playing a different character in the first part doesn't count, and if she was actually meant to be playing the same character there, that only raises more questions.)

-Rose is locked in a room with several murdered people, and literally a few seconds after 9 moves their dead bodies out of the way, she's already cracking shitty jokes about using Slitheen compression fields to fit into a smaller dress size. I'm glad that Harriet Jones is (rightly) appalled at this, but it almost seems like the show is trying to act like she's the unreasonable one for telling Rose to take this shit seriously.

-"The British Isles can't gain access to atomic weapons without authorization from the UN." Haha, the UK are cucks in the Whoniverse. Why am I not surprised?

-Harriet Jones proudly proclaims that she was one of the members of Parliament to vote for this, like that's actually a good thing for the UK. This is technically necessary for the plot of this particular story, but in the real world this would seriously fuck the UK over if they ever went to war with one of the other members of the UN who have veto power (Like say China or Russia) Because those two sure as shit would never agree to something like that, and would obviously block the UK from using nukes against them if it was putto a vote.

-In retrospect, for their plan, the Slitheen should have probably targeted a country with nukes that *didn't* have such a retarded process for allowing their use. (Tbh, their best bet probably would have been Israel. Also North Korea.)

-They go into dramatic detail about how the Slitheen's farts smell, and it's an actual fucking plot point. This was somebody's fetish.

-I laughed so hard that I almost fell out of my chair at the big dumb look on the slitheen's face after Jackie threw pickle juice at it. See for yourself.
It doesn't speak, but you can very clearly make out a "Bitch! What the fuck did you just throw at me?" look on its face before it randomly explodes.

-"Massive Weapons of Destruction." I see what you did there New Who. It's amazing how quaint mid-00's politics are compared to the current year. :feels:

-You know, the least realistic thing in an episode about giant farting yellow aliens is that the anybody would actually go to the United Nations to solve this problem.

-I love how the Doctor's solution to solve this is "shoot a missile at a building at least partially full of innocent civilians." They kind of evacuate the civilians, but the Doctor doesn't know that, and the aliens all get blown up and die.

-I love how 10 will later prematurely end "Britain's golden age" out of sheer spite, after Harriet Jones does literally the same thing he did in this episode. (Blow up the bad guys) Only when she did it, she wasn't aiming at a building potentially full of civilians.

-Jackie tries to cook the Doctor dinner as a peace offering, and wow Rose is a shitty person. She starts packing before even bothering to talk to her mum about why 9 is too much of a dick to agree to this. I'm not entirely forgiving 9 here, but why would he give a shit about Jackie? That's your mum Rose, and she clearly loves you... why are you such a cunt to her?

-I'm calling BULLSHIT on the events in this episode being dismissed as a hoax. Big Ben is literally still burning after people SAW a space ship crash into it, and 10 Downing Street is still a smoldering pile of rubble. The acting Prime Minister went on tv and said that there were invading aliens in orbit, and even very publically procured nuclear weapons to deal with said aliens from the United Nations, and then he randomly disappeared, never to be seen again.

-I like that the Doctor has softened on Mickey by the end of this episode and even asks him to come with them now, and I even get why Mickey doesn't want to go with them... although I *do* think significantly less of Mickey for refusing. None of this matters though, the cunt Rose who doesn't know that Mickey was already asked to and refused traveling with them does shit all to stand up for her boyfriend, and just shrugs her shoulders and tells him 'them's the breaks' (paraphrasing) when she hears 9 say that Mickey still can't come with them, even after he saved their asses this episode.

Overall, I'm glad I'm re-watching these. I obviously never liked Rose, and I still don't... but I'm slowly starting to realize that I can't stand 9 either. He's striking me as being all the terrible things people say about Sixie, without any of the charm. (Unless you count charm as randomly mugging for the camera every episode, if so 9 has plenty of that. >.>)

-Oh man, "Dalek" is next. That, combined with that last thing I said, reminds me... I should probably give Jubilee another listen sometime soon.
Jubilee is the Big Finish Sixie story that "Dalek" supposedly borrowed heavily from. Though to be honest, I don't remember there being all that many similarities... They both involve a war-fatigued Doctor meeting a lone defeated Dalek, who is presumably the last of his race at the time... and that's really about it. I will pretty confidently say I remember Jubilee being a lot better than Dalek though, and maybe I'll compare the two if anyone cares haha...

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
-Oh man, "Dalek" is next. That, combined with that last thing I said, reminds me... I should probably give Jubilee another listen sometime soon.
Jubilee is the Big Finish Sixie story that "Dalek" supposedly borrowed heavily from. Though to be honest, I don't remember there being all that many similarities... They both involve a war-fatigued Doctor meeting a lone defeated Dalek, who is presumably the last of his race at the time... and that's really about it. I will pretty confidently say I remember Jubilee being a lot better than Dalek though, and maybe I'll compare the two if anyone cares haha...
There's also the message that everyone is capable of fucked up shit and there is darkness hidden in the hearts of everyone or something. The Sixth Doctor pretty much says this at the end of Jubliee and it's kind of touched upon with the Ninth Doctor near the end of Dalek (you'll know it when you see it, it's in the last few minutes). Oh, and both were written by Robert Shearman.
Wasn't Kylie Minogue in an episode?
The 2007 Christmas special "Voyage of the Damned" (the one with the Angel robots taking the Doctor towards the light like he's the messiah)

UnKillFill

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Kylie Minogue in an episode?
Yeah, she was... It wasn't that good of an episode though. I do remember there was a midget with a funny name who killed himself in that one though..

There's also the message that everyone is capable of fucked up shit and there is darkness hidden in the hearts of everyone or something. The Sixth Doctor pretty much says this at the end of Jubliee and it's kind of touched upon with the Ninth Doctor near the end of Dalek (you'll know it when you see it, it's in the last few minutes). Oh, and both were written by Robert Shearman.
I downplayed this a bit, but I'm pretty sure that Jubilee was the first time I ever realized that Sixie got a bad rap on tv that he probably didn't deserve. (It was also actually among the first few Big Finish audio dramas I remember hearing.) Even today, it's still one of my top favorite Big Finish stories. Check it out if you haven't and you can.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I downplayed this a bit, but I'm pretty sure that Jubilee was the first time I ever realized that Sixie got a bad rap on tv that he probably didn't deserve. (It was also actually among the first few Big Finish audio dramas I remember hearing.) Even today, it's still one of my top favorite Big Finish stories. Check it out if you haven't and you can.
I did some time ago, I remember what triggered his monologue was the normal-timeline version of the villain having a heart attack and remembering what he told the Doctor about wanting to be a good man in the alt-timeline where he was insane and was stabbed in the heart right before the timeline fixed itself. It was in the final minutes of part 4 and it shook the Doctor quite a bit.

BroccoliBrain

kiwifarms.net
The 2007 Christmas special "Voyage of the Damned" (the one with the Angel robots taking the Doctor towards the light like he's the messiah)
Yeah, she was... It wasn't that good of an episode though. I do remember there was a midget with a funny name who killed himself in that one though..
Red cactus fellow? That episode fell kind of flat on me too, the tone was a bit... weird. Actual Titanic in space with a funny fat lady and the fat black guy from Tracy Breaker, a red dwarf cactus, Kylie fucking Minogue driving a fork lift into the bad guy to defeat him in the same episode where an extra-dramatic orchestra blares as the Doctor ascends with literal angels around him. What a weird Christmas that was.

UnKillFill

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Red cactus fellow? That episode fell kind of flat on me too, the tone was a bit... weird. Actual Titanic in space with a funny fat lady and the fat black guy from Tracy Breaker, a red dwarf cactus, Kylie fucking Minogue driving a fork lift into the bad guy to defeat him in the same episode where an extra-dramatic orchestra blares as the Doctor ascends with literal angels around him. What a weird Christmas that was.
Voyage of the Damned was not a good episode, but I wonder... Are these two cactus looking motherfuckers from two entirely different (bad) RTD-era Christmas episodes actually from the same race? Maybe they're tiny and red when they're young, but they turn green and look like a shitty color grading effect when they grow up...
download.jpg
dumb-.jpg

Tags
None