Dream Daddy Salt - Tumblrinas Mad at "Offensive" Fanart of a Gay Dating Sim that was Briefly Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchingonfish

kiwifarms.net
Dream Daddy is an indie gayme designed for the Tumblr/gaymer demographic. As the name suggests, you date older dudes.

The first hit of salt came when the game got a really last minute delay. Freak shows sperged out.

https://twitter.com/dreamdaddygame/status/885770080948244481

1600 replies to that. Seems it's mostly supportive, but there's some salt. Some water trying to disolve the salt, too.
upload_2017-7-15_7-48-56.png

upload_2017-7-15_7-49-18.png

upload_2017-7-15_7-49-48.png

upload_2017-7-15_7-49-59.png

upload_2017-7-15_7-50-47.png

upload_2017-7-15_7-53-7.png

A more potent salt mine opened when a fan artist decided to redraw the cast of characters as women. This disturbed the mentally ill and obese as one of the characters in the game is a troon and the genderbend could pass off as a woman. Another character wasn't as fat as they were in the real game. Death threats, Twitter rants and more autistic screeching than a Sonic convention occured.

That salt started being documented from post #106 onwards.

Tumblr, are you okay?

Last edited:

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
How can you fuck up a visual novel to the point of not being able to release it after "weeks" of crunch time? Clearly the Game Grumps are to blame.

How is tumblr doing?
Tumblr tags are a mess as usual. I've browsed a little and there is some guy ranting about TERFs and other people are going "AS A PANSEXUAL WOMYN, I..." so nothing really noteworthy, just the usual tumblr white noise. Most people seem supportive of the delay though.

SlurpleSpeckleon

kiwifarms.net
Ngl, this is a double edged sword. The game's trailer was literally only released three weeks ago according to the release date of this video:

So it's just like, for Vernon and co., why did you need to release the trailer then when you could have held off until the game was totally and utterly finished, especially when no one knew about this game or had any financial investment in it.

BUT APPARENTLY, there is some clash going on where Ding Dong and Julian from the OneyPlays group gave a controversial opinion in regards to Dream Daddy. But according to Suzy, they had no involvement in the game's development.

Reddit user's summary of Ding Dong's thoughts said:
He said that a few of the people involved with actually making the game (so nobody from Game Grumps) are using the game more as a cash grab to exploit the LGBT community. He also said that these same people are the hardcore SJW types that love to stir up shit when it comes to race and LGBT issues. He said the Grumps aren't at all at fault, though, because these people gained their trust only to exploit that trust for personal gain. Ding Dong absolutely loves the fact that the Grumps are using their money and popularity to create and promote original games, but unfortunately some of the people are using that for greedy reasons.
Reddit post with source video. TBH, glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that this isn't a "Game Grumps" game and that the very diverse cast felt sorta ham-fisted.

Q

QB 290

kiwifarms.net
Suzy is a fucking liar and a lolcow and I'd be surprised if she doesn't have a thread here.
Suzy has lied about her products before so nothing she says on this can be trusted. Ding dong has a better track record on Internet honesty, if only because he keeps himself (almost) entirely anonymous.
This whole situation is a shitshow anyway though. In an industry where lying about releasing games, pocketing the money and fleeing the Internet (see all of kickstarter) is so common, I'm surprised why only delaying the game has caused such an uproar.
I guess tumblr really does ruin everything.

cruderudedude

What's the next step in your Master Plan?
kiwifarms.net
Everyone involved in this is a typical LA douchebag, from the Grumps to the Oney plays guys, to the supposed SJWs making this game. Of course the game is a cash grab, of course the devs can just call people alt right nazis or whatever when they criticize the game, of course Egoraptor is involved in something really stupid. Why Ding Dong and Julian's opinion on the game matters so much to stir this much shit is probably the dumbest part tho, you need only watch their Night in the Woods longplay to see how immature and unprofessional they are when they find another creators work to be unsatisfactory.

AngeloTheWizard

Bringer of amusing Let's Sperg threads
kiwifarms.net
You know nigga, we had these shitty dating sims back when I was in middle school. They were freely available on the web. Oh sure, there weren't any for people that prefer getting it rammed up the hershey highway, but I thought we moved past clicking dialogue boxes. Fuck, Huniepop at least had Bejeweled shit.

What I'm saying is that delays or no delays, it's probably not going to be very good. Did that come across? It probably won't be good!

cruderudedude

What's the next step in your Master Plan?
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Night in the Woods is fucking le epic meme trash.
But when you have 2 people who decided hours ago just skipping all the dialog and shouting "TACOS!" over everything, it's hard not to be on the side of the creators of the game, no matter how obnoxious it may be, when you have 7 hours of it being shit on by 2 assholes while they collect hundreds of dollars in donations.

highway star

Wow. Eternal damnation. My kids would love it.
kiwifarms.net
Ngl, this is a double edged sword. The game's trailer was literally only released three weeks ago according to the release date of this video:

So it's just like, for Vernon and co., why did you need to release the trailer then when you could have held off until the game was totally and utterly finished, especially when no one knew about this game or had any financial investment in it.

BUT APPARENTLY, there is some clash going on where Ding Dong and Julian from the OneyPlays group gave a controversial opinion in regards to Dream Daddy. But according to Suzy, they had no involvement in the game's development.

Reddit post with source video. TBH, glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that this isn't a "Game Grumps" game and that the very diverse cast felt sorta ham-fisted.
Reason why they released the trailer then was because of Father's Day. That was a main goal for the release of any info for the team and they couldn't stand to not miss that deadline even if it wasn't ready.

TheScooper

I Scoop-A-Da Poop
kiwifarms.net
But when you have 2 people who decided hours ago just skipping all the dialog and shouting "TACOS!" over everything, it's hard not to be on the side of the creators of the game, no matter how obnoxious it may be, when you have 7 hours of it being shit on by 2 assholes while they collect hundreds of dollars in donations.
:offtopic:Have you not played it, the game its pretty boring i myself ended up just skipping most of the dialog, towards the end of the stream they talk about how the creator could improve it, and the fact the played it seven hours straight, which Ding Dong admits played into their negative attitudes, and on the subject of the game it makes no sense, the characters are awful, the whole "turns out it was a spoopy cult" comes out of left field and the creator is a massive douche-nozzle, though the animation and art is nice.:offtopic:

AngeloTheWizard

Bringer of amusing Let's Sperg threads
kiwifarms.net
:offtopic:Have you not played it, the game its pretty boring i myself ended up just skipping most of the dialog, towards the end of the stream they talk about how the creator could improve it, and the fact the played it seven hours straight, which Ding Dong admits played into their negative attitudes, and on the subject of the game it makes no sense, the characters are awful, the whole "turns out it was a spoopy cult" comes out of left field and the creator is a massive douche-nozzle, though the animation and art is nice.:offtopic:
Having read @Jaimas's wonderful Let's Sperg thread about it, yeah, replacing all the dialogue with "TACOS!" would actually be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.