Dreams -

Tahoma

kiwifarms.net
this is a repost from chat, last night's dream. i swear it feels like it took multiple days to happen.

it started off that i was back in high school leaving to go to the bus home, but they changed all the bus numbers and removed them in lieu of placing weird white and blue roller things on the ground that the buses would drive over. (i was having a long discussions yesterday about how web designers change and ruin websites to keep their jobs so i assume thats where this came from) and it was much more difficult to figure out which bus was mine. i was running out of time, so i chose one that i thought was my bus home. turns out fucking phoebe from friends was the driver (my ma watches friends a lot and tells me about it) and it was not my bus home, but by the time i realized it we were done and everyone was getting off the bus. turns out we were in god damn california (the other end of the country) and i had to search the forest and find my way back home so my parents wouldn't worry. i asked around and i eventually found some weird kart that was doing round country trips and that would take a day or two to get back home but it worked so i got on it. think of like a horse drawn carriage, but it was also a chat room? turns out i fell asleep (in a dream) and as a result i got kicked off of the kart and had to find another one to get home. eventually i found one that sucked but then i woke up.

NumberingYourState

Our fate lies in the moons tilt and shine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay so two new recurring locations in a dreamscape:

One is a small town apartment complex that is either rotund and interconnected in layout like some expensive condominium or rectangular and sectioned off like every other complex. In the three instances of these dreams I seem to be familiar with the locals and they treat me like a friend, for some reason. The other is a heavily polluted canal where mysterious substances are flooding the area off and on. The first instance for the canal dreams were that I had been using some stolen technology to scale the walls to get to traversable land, the second instance the fucking national guard overrun the area and I bumped into one of them on the way out of this cistern.

Another high school dream:

I was pushing my computer chair around the area and was terribly lost on where to put it so I gave up when it hit lunch hour and walked out of the building all of the sudden with a bag of McDonald's food. I went to the nearby pharmacy to get a drink but for some reason the surrounding landscape was some hilly old world village. When I finally reached the pharmacy I got stuck in a store display and lost the McDonalds food, ended up leaving the area as it started pouring down rain.

Panty Shroom

kiwifarms.net
I had a dream that nukes were dropped on the UK - I watched the mushroom clouds rise in despair and prepared to be flattened by the impending shockwave.

I had one before that where I drove to a port of some sort and entered the coffee shop on the docks. Then a gruff looking hit man-type character materialised alongside me and encouraged me to punch the two young baristas because they'd er.. Given me mediocre coffee?

I tried telling him that I didn't want to but he threatened to sock me one so I mustered the most pathetic swing I could at the mouths of these poor coffee brewers. They took it pretty well and psycho-hitman dude decided my soft landings were sufficient and then we left.

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Had a dream last night where I went onto Jojo twitter and posted that no matter how many times they called a villain sexy he wasn't going to fuck them and I got ratio'd to hell.

Dang Woodchucks!

Ancient Geek Philosopher
kiwifarms.net
For some reason my current self was in a sort of school field trip in what seemed like a big-ass library/rec center, and my older brother, also as he is currently, as in his forties, was there too.

For some reason they gave us dogs, which turned to gerbils, which then turned to stuffed gerbils, which i was supposed to carry to a certain place, so the gerbils would turn real again and race, so I could keep my new dog... except this place turned into some sadistic Mario Kart create-a-level maze, where I couldn't get to the point where I was supposed to take the damned stuffed gerbils to race, even with magical, cyberpunk looking GPS guiding me, before everyone left, except my brother, who for some reason was left there waiting for me, now on the cusp of throwing a hissy bitch fit.

And that's not all, I get sick of everyone's bullshit, so I turn to leave, and the place gets ever worse to slog the way out of! I get so frustrated to just get out, I woke up.

I fucking hate retarded dreams like this.

PumpkinSpiceBitchMeringue

Ruler of your basic bitch ass.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I dreamt that I was back in high school with my 17 yo body but with my current state of mind. Not only that but it wasn't the school I went to but to this weird university/highschool building that was oddly a combination of American and Japanese culture and education. (Think Disney's Big Hero 6 setting, San Fransokio)
One of my classes was horticulture and based everlord Null was our teacher, hr first appeared in a big screen then somehow shifted and appeared physically. He was dressed like Logan Paul when he was harassing the poor Japs in the streets, there was dirt everywhere and he was carrying leaks and onions in his hands. Then after class, I had to attend a ceremony which suddenly turned for the worst when the Big 3 from BNHA were held hostage by Shigaraki.

SojuDrnkr

You pissing your pants yet?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone ever had that dream where you take a shit, and not matter how much you wipe you never get a clean wipe?

Pilly-Chan

Wishing to become numb
kiwifarms.net
In the evening while napping, I once has this one dream where it looks like a scene from a Spanish action movie that doesn't exist, this scene has four characters in bright clothes standing in a brightly colored background, that has a restaurant with a tall, white, upside down triangular sign with "Viva La Viva written on it" and another scene with two police officers with one of them talking happily holding out his arms like he knows one of the two guys, the guy with the bright orange shirt acts hostile to the police officer but he didn't do anything to him. And everyone was speaking Spanish as well.

That dream was really weird, I sometimes just get an image of something for a minute or two before it cuts to black while I'm dreaming.

Coffee Druid

Your cordial caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
Random observations:

I can't really say I lucid dream, but I noticed if I'm feeling awkward in a dream or don't want to continue I can easily get out of it. Not by waking up but kind of "changing the channel". Not sure how to describe it. A common tactic I do in those dreams is to squeeze the bridge of my nose for some reason.

Also for me flying in dreams works exactly like swimming in video games where you kind of float up or down depending on what button you press.

I've heard some people dream about having a hard time running/walking, as if they're wading through water. I get that but instead I feel like my legs don't work and like I have the most massive post-workout leg soreness in the world.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Random observations:

I can't really say I lucid dream, but I noticed if I'm feeling awkward in a dream or don't want to continue I can easily get out of it. Not by waking up but kind of "changing the channel". Not sure how to describe it. A common tactic I do in those dreams is to squeeze the bridge of my nose for some reason.

Also for me flying in dreams works exactly like swimming in video games where you kind of float up or down depending on what button you press.

I've heard some people dream about having a hard time running/walking, as if they're wading through water. I get that but instead I feel like my legs don't work and like I have the most massive post-workout leg soreness in the world.
Little-me used to have terrible nightmares all the time and one of the things I learned how to do was force myself awake at even the slightest hint of scary things happening. I've often been very good at identifying when something is a dream and decided whether to roll along with it or nope the fuck out of there. I heard somewhere that people who play videogames a lot have less nightmares than other people, and I wonder if it's more about being used to engaging with a different reality that you have a good level of control over. A lot of my dreams tend to play out like movies where I'm not even present in the event, just an outside observer. I'll wake up in the middle of one and think, "Ah fuck, I wanted to see where this was going."

Coffee Druid

kiwifarms.net
Fish people
Little-me used to have terrible nightmares all the time and one of the things I learned how to do was force myself awake at even the slightest hint of scary things happening. I've often been very good at identifying when something is a dream and decided whether to roll along with it or nope the fuck out of there. I heard somewhere that people who play videogames a lot have less nightmares than other people, and I wonder if it's more about being used to engaging with a different reality that you have a good level of control over. A lot of my dreams tend to play out like movies where I'm not even present in the event, just an outside observer. I'll wake up in the middle of one and think, "Ah fuck, I wanted to see where this was going."
I do play a ton of video games, and I can't say I have many scary dreams at all. At least that I remember. Most of my "bad" dreams are of the inconvenient kind. Mine are also similar to yours, being like movie snippets and all. I have so many dreams that feel unfulfilled because they end too early. Especially the R-18 ones.

le fishe

stripey sock boi UwU :3
kiwifarms.net
I have premonitory dreams from time to time. They are nothing important most of the time (reading a book or watching a movie), but i really freak out when i realize that i dreamed about what i was doing at the moment.
I have those too. When the moment happens the memory of the memory in the dream of the moment always involuntarily appears in my head and have that old tinge you see on victorian era images. One time i "broke it", where i was meant to continue watching a DVD, but instead i put my hand in the air after i realised the premonition, and the thought changed to me looking at this hand, but leaving a trail behind where it was when i was moving it. At that moment it felt my my mind changed, and it did, like my skull had been opened and there was a huge wind entering my brain.

Recently in my dreams there's been a reoccurring situation where my great grandma gets Alzheimer's and goes on a rampage driving over people. This usually slowly happens but in otherwise normal dreams, which as of recently i've found the people i talk to have become rather nice and i enjoy their company (aside from the murderous lunatics i have to avoid), but sometimes she will appear in her car and try running people over.

It's rather strange because my dreams aren't dreams anymore. It's like real life but normal laws of physics and logic are broken, and i am actually conscious. Usually, you are just "watching" from a perspective, but i am not. I am making conscious decisions, but i never realise it's a dream. i cannot lucid dream anymore and the last time i did was many many years ago. Even when something extremely dangerous happens i never wake up or realise it isn't real life. Most of these dreams happen to take place in my home village too, but the layout of it tends to be modified in some way. The library will be in the wrong place, certain houses will be gone, or otherwise massive modifications where large sections will be replaced with a smaller area. Even then, it will always remain faithful to the original look, and there won't be any ridiculous or physically impossible modifications to the place. It always looks like my village, and with ridiculous detail. I also cannot run very fast, and any punches or kicks i try to give to someone will be either extremely weak or i will not even be able to lift my leg high enough to hit them.

Occasionally i will be chased by some insane assailant or entity. Last time i remember, it was a fly dispatching a weapon called "Airburst". I was in the library with jack from hannibal (the tv series) and a fly appeared. Text appeared in front of it saying it had applied Airburst to me. This caused a relentlessly fast lunatic armed with a gun to me. Somehow i escaped. The others it went after weren't so lucky.

Pizza Munch

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The strangest lucid dream I had was when I lived alone in a 1 BR apartment. I woke up from where I was sleeping having some sort of allergic reaction and my throat was closing up. I stumbled around my apartment thinking "I have to get out of here to get help or I will die" ... I eventually ran out of air before I got to the front door and collapsed on the ground. My last thought was "wow, this is it- NOBODY will find me before I'm long gone." I remember being at peace with it- it was bizarrely comforting being at peace with dying in that moment, but so weird waking up from it

Coffee Druid

kiwifarms.net
I had a pretty simple but fucked up dream the other night. Just remembered it. It was some dystopian game show where you had to butcher people as cleanly and quickly as possible in a time limit a la Hannibal’s Lector. Contestants didn’t sign up for it, they were kind of just chosen randomly. If you felt guilty the only way out was to literally end yourself. If you didn’t finish in the time limit you became the next one cut up. It was sponsored by Taco Bell.

I SWEAR I don’t think about this stuff in my waking hours. I don’t know if I want Taco Bell anytime soon. The weird thing was it wasn’t gory or scary, just kind of happened. My dreams are brief. I tend to toss and turn and wake up for a second before falling back asleep throughout the night. So I have lots of short unrelated snippets. Another dream that same night I was touring a colorful arts and craft factory....