Dropping Google

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Google isn't social media, and their attempts to move into that field have failed, half assed as it was. It really is all of Silicon Valley. You just see it more with social media because the effects are more immediate and obvious. It isn't just something among tech assholes, it's something to do with the culture of the area, the city and the surrounding region. This is the city where Jim Jones made a name for himself and his communist cult. A lot of people don't realize that Jim Jones's cult wasn't wacky religion so much as it was wacky communist infused with religion. It's also the city of the Black Panthers. It's no coincidence that Berkeley specifically almost had a riot because a short Jewish man spoke there.

While Google isn't "social media" in the traditional sense, they have a significant level of influence on the dissemination of information to the population, as well as collection of information from and about the population. In terms of volumes of data, Google maintains one of the largest collections of data on society on the planet. And I guarantee you that the engineers doing the heavy lifting in their hardware divisions aren't on anywhere near the same level of crazy SJW as the more visible nuts or the top management, even if a lot of them are still kinda fruit-n-nutty California types.

I've spent a fair amount of time working with actual SV Fortune 500 hardware manufacturers, and smaller area HW manufacturers as well. The 70% East Asian engineers give no fucks. The 20% white engineers don't give a fuck (granted, these people are generally a n their 40s-50s), and the 10% black and Hispanic engineers are too busy being competent to give a shit (and in a lot of the smaller companies, everyone from the CEO to the mail clerk is some kind of legit engineer).

Jim Jones was in SF. The Black Panthers came out of Oakland. Berkeley is... also not Silicon Valley. Geographically, Facebook and Twitter aren't even in Silicon Valley, and Google is barely on its periphery. Yeah, we're still talking greater San Francisco Bay Area, but it's not really the same thing, ergo my disappointment that what was once known as the incubator for the semiconductor revolution has become synonymous with a culture of social surveillance & manipulation.

Last edited:

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've done a lot of work in SV with actual Fortune 500 hardware manufacturers. The 70% East Asian engineers give no fucks. The 20% white engineers don't give a fuck (granted, these people are generally a n their 40s-50s), and the 10% black and Hispanic engineers are too busy being competent to give a shit.

What about the ones who wear dog collars?

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've literally only seen that at Google. I mean, I'm sure there are more out there, but they're not operating the PECVD reactors from what I've seen.

That's because they're in space:
upload_2018-1-28_0-57-59.png

AnOminous

Only the kindest and friendliest of all Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, obviously I find making fun of people on the internet amusing or I wouldn't be here, but I don't think the media would need to add much in the way of baseless slander to make KF look bad.

They would anyway, though, because they're pathological liars.

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

I agree with the KF mods - I support Ukraine
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, we're still talking greater San Francisco Bay Area, but it's not really the same thing, ergo my disappointment that what was once known as the incubator for the semiconductor revolution has become synonymous with a culture of social surveillance & manipulation.

It is for the purpose of discussing the political culture of the area. You could widen it to Southern California, look at Hollywood as another example. It's not just a consequence of being a social media company... and I think you're kind of stretching the definition of "social media" here but I can see your point. It's just easier to see this happen in "social media" companies because they are involved with human behavior and would be more in a position to punish the end user for wrongthink.

It doesn't really matter what the actual workers do. The people that run the shit are the idiots. However, a lot of them are. Here's a graphic for people that thought Damore shouldn't have been fired:
google-memo-firing-poll.png

While the majority polled in most companies disagreed, I'd say that even 30% would be frighteningly high. Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and especially Lyft, are not social media companies but their employees have a large proportion (if not majority) that thought he should have been fired. I'm curious why Uber's culture is so different from the rest, especially when Lyft is so high...

It's not just "social media: companies. Hell, it's not even Silican Valley. It's the political culture of the entire area, specifically, a problem with the left wing. Go ahead and tell me I'm dumb or autistic if you want, the simple fact is, when you get a bunch of left wingers in the room you have men turn into women and women with armpit hair farting loudly. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just pointing out the facts. The people, and the people in the area, are the infection. San Francisco just needs to be nuked. Kim Jong Un, if you're reading this, you know what to do...

Last edited:

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
It sucks but don't count on it lasting. As you can see, this culture generates so much toxicity and intolerance (which ironically is what they preach to fight against) that it's unsustainable for any amount of time. Just like in the season South Park addressed it, where the two rednecks which were tie-ins for Trey and Matt say that it'd blow over in a couple years "like last time".

The only reason why this is happening at Google is because they have way too much money to spend and instead of using it in an intelligent manner, they hired someone who's way too concerned with being inclusive of minorities and started spending all that money to hire lesser qualified people who cannot work as well as they can bitch for the whole day long about non-issues.

And they know that too, consciously or not, which is why they put so much energy into getting the good people either fired or scared enough for their jobs that they'll just shut up and pretend everything is fine - because otherwise these SJWs are going to look bad by contrast to actually competent, hard working people. As it's beyond clear right now, they've been hired because they're culturally diverse, not because they're actually good employees, people and coworkers.

I'm not for a second saying that latinos, blacks, transgenders, gays or plurals cannot be great people and hard, competent workers - I just doubt that 90% of these currently on Google are.
Which was one of the general points of the Damore memo. They cheapen themselves when they act like this.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is for the purpose of discussing the political culture of the area. You could widen it to Southern California, look at Hollywood as another example. It's not just a consequence of being a social media company... and I think you're kind of stretching the definition of "social media" here but I can see your point. It's just easier to see this happen in "social media" companies because they are involved with human behavior and would be more in a position to punish the end user for wrongthink.

It doesn't really matter what the actual workers do. The people that run the shit are the idiots. However, a lot of them are. Here's a graphic for people that thought Damore shouldn't have been fired:
View attachment 368371

While the majority polled in most companies disagreed, I'd say that even 30% would be frighteningly high. Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and especially Lyft, are not social media companies but their employees have a large proportion (if not majority) that thought he should have been fired. I'm curious why Uber's culture is so different from the rest, especially when Lyft is so high...

It's not just "social media: companies. Hell, it's not even Silican Valley. It's the political culture of the entire area, specifically, a problem with the left wing. Go ahead and tell me I'm dumb or autistic if you want, the simple fact is, when you get a bunch of left wingers in the room you have men turn into women and women with armpit hair farting loudly. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just pointing out the facts. The people, and the people in the area, are the infection. San Francisco just needs to be nuked. Kim Jong Un, if you're reading this, you know what to do...
Your chart kind of makes my point, in that half those companies are HQ in SF (Amazon is actually Seattle, so...), and it doesn't include Hitachi, Intel, Seagate, Hynix, Flextronics, Agilent, Phillips, etc.

Last edited:

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

I agree with the KF mods - I support Ukraine
kiwifarms.net
Your chart kind of makes my point, in that half those companies are HQ in SF (Amazon is actually Seattle, so...), and it doesn't include Hitachi, Intel, Seagate, Hynix, Flextronics, Agilent, Phillips, etc.

Well, fair enough on that part. I'd like to see how those company cultures are, I hear nothing from them one way or another. I'm not gonna concede the point just yet, but I could definitely be wrong. But, I know there's more in the San Fran area that are like that. Mozilla, Github, Patreon, Paypal, Lyft as mentioned before, Netflix sorta, Yahoo! may have targeted men for firing specifically, then there's a host of smaller video game companies crammed with faggots. Maybe it's not Silicon Valley per se, but segments of it. Regardless, the state of California, as least the southern half, just needs to be wiped off the the face of the earth.

As far as Sony and other Japanese/Korean companies go I'd be a bit less worried about them, they seem to be more resistant to that shit.

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>win the nobel prize for autism
>get invited to google hq
>go through to the fancy boardroom and sit down
>liz walks in
>super nervous so try to make small talk about appearance
>"h-hey, that's a nice collar"
>"thanks, my poly trans wife gave it to me to mark me as her property"

upload_2018-1-28_5-0-44.png

@Null
woof woof

http://invinciblehymn.tumblr.com/
http://archive.fo/mC4dD

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm all for giving Liz a full thread. Not only is Liz checking off everything in the lolcow handbook, they seem to think certain people who do things in public have a right to not be talked about.

That's bullshit. You do something other people can witness in public, you surrendered your privacy rights right there, and if it makes you look bad, that's on you.

Besides, who knows what other kinds of crazy we might turn up.

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.