Dropping Google

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wargarbl

kiwifarms.net
RE: USA Today article with a Farms shout-out and troons insisting Google should "do more to protect them"

What the fuck is Google supposed to do? Kindly remind everyone that posting every disturbing detail of their deviant existence on a company-wide forum may result in public embarrassment? Screenshots aren't really traceable or preventable, but over-sharing on a work forum is if you have a shred of self-discipline and dignity. So probably a lost cause.

Complain about privacy while publicly posting your degeneracy at work. Makes sense.

Peace and Harmony

✨ you're the sparkle of my life ✨
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anywhere you get penalized for showing up to work, actually doing work, and being normal, but some fucked up idiot shows up and gets rewarded for being a disgusting pervert in full bondage gear, that's just fucked.

I think there is something to be said about a "work culture" that is basically hands off when you're trying to develop cutting edge shit that 99% of humanity can't even conceptualise, let alone create. I tend to agree with John McAfee (lol) when he wrote in 2016:

So why don't the best hackers on the planet work for the FBI? Because the FBI will not hire anyone with a 24-inch purple mohawk, 10-gauge ear piercings, a tattooed face, who demands to smoke weed while working, and won't accept less than a half million dollars a year.​

The caveat here of course is that these weed-smoking degenerates need to actually have the phenomenal in-built talent that will enable them to solve the problems that are dumped in front of them and not just be fucking useless cross-dressing abominations who jack off to MLP in the office when they're not hogging the campus breakfast bar.

Last edited:

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Google "culture" is shit. It's a fucking disease. Anywhere you get penalized for showing up to work, actually doing work, and being normal, but some fucked up idiot shows up and gets rewarded for being a disgusting pervert in full bondage gear, that's just fucked.

That's probably because the CEOs and executives counting their trillions of dollars don't give a shit about either side of the argument and let the children play at trying to change the world while hookers inject them with narcotics on their luxury yachts:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/07/09/google-exec-hayes-killed-by-call-girl/12422797/

No matter how important anyone thinks they are, they're just small cogs in a big machine. Writing angry letters (on either side of the camp) is a practically fruitless exercise.

The ball pit is there, you don't have to play in it.

he caveat here of course is that these weed-smoking degenerates need to actually have the phenomenal in-built talent that will enable them to solve the problems that are dumped in front of them and not just be fucking useless cross-dressing abominations who jack off to MLP in the office when they're not hogging the campus breakfast bar.

The other point McAffee seems to have not mentioned is that humans "want for more". If you hire people who are too good then they'll leave and start their own businesses.

With the relative freedom that many tech employees have, its easy for them to become rich and have enough financial independence to leave and start their own shit (and there are plenty of examples of this)

A good example if you don't want to use people who live alternative lifestyles (i.e. LGBTQ etc) is autists. There's a good number of companies who specifically want autists for their unique abilities and throughput when it comes to certain situations. The thing is they don't work so well with the other employees, so they have to be more accepting to their needs to get access to da bounty of autism.

Last edited:

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

I agree with the KF mods - I support Ukraine
kiwifarms.net
RE: USA Today article with a Farms shout-out and troons insisting Google should "do more to protect them"

What the fuck is Google supposed to do? Kindly remind everyone that posting every disturbing detail of their deviant existence on a company-wide forum may result in public embarrassment? Screenshots aren't really traceable or preventable, but over-sharing on a work forum is if you have a shred of self-discipline and dignity. So probably a lost cause.

Complain about privacy while publicly posting your degeneracy at work. Makes sense.

Google should protect them from themselves. Put them all in one room, promise them a sex toy seminar with free assless chaps, and then just pipe in the Zyklon-Z-9000 (the mega upgraded version of the gas used in the holocaust). Yes, that'll do it.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net

keksz

Verified nobody
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck is Google supposed to do?

If they were a serious company, socially, they would instruct their employees not to shout names at each other on internal company networks, not harass each other regardless of political stance/race/creed, not maintain blacklists based on such characteristics and basically just work first and keep social issues on the background. I'm sure that's what their lawyers have been telling them for a little while now, trying not to turn the Damore trial into a witch-hunt where Google is burned at the stake.

Of course, by this point all the managers are full looneys (or at least look like) and when the people piloting the ship are complete wackos, all hope is lost. It's too late now to do anything short of firing all the people who engage in toxic behavior- and even though that would be a very good portion of their worker base, it just might happen depending on how big the Damore trial turns out to be.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well from what I can see of the entire case in general, it only exists because they allowed a lot more freedom from their employees than most other companies. The fault being that it probably causes huge holes in productivity.

A company as big as Google can probably afford to throw away a big slice of productivity if it gets them the most bizarre employees who make crazy ass shit that changes the world. Its not like they just succeeded in changing the nature of search on the internet, they've been a complete game changer with everything from mapping to videos to email.

Allowing such a high level of freedom also has its costs when you have to pick and choose what is appropriate and what isn't. In this case, by going after the white male dude (whether its warranted or not) it'll have the effect of exposing a lot of the inner culture from those wacky people that fill up Google HQ.

I don't really agree that there are too many issues with JewTube from a technology perspective, unfortunately when it comes to copyright and advertisers, Google has to play ball. A lot of the anger that is directed towards Google because of YouTube should rather be directed towards the existance of copyright itself (which has been strengthened hugely by companies such as Disney).

I personally disagree with that, because at the end of the day Google is a technology company (which is now Alphabet, so technically its removed from its roots a bit). It's not a government, senator or lobbyist. People have tried to use it for their own purposes to try and experiment with the boundaries of what is and isn't acceptable and should they fail what will still remain is one of the largest technology companies.

I can't really fault Google too much because at the end of the day what they allowed from their employees is fairly unique and unprecedented. I wouldn't say they've never made a mistake in their existance or that nothing they do is ever wrong, but their approach is far better for learning and improving things than most other entitites.
Google spent over $18mil in 2017 on lobbying. And whether or not they are "government" is somewhat debatable. (PRISM etc).

AnOminous

Only the kindest and friendliest of all Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think there is something to be said about a "work culture" that is basically hands off when you're trying to develop cutting edge shit that 99% of humanity can't even conceptualise, let alone create. I tend to agree with John McAfee (lol) when he wrote in 2016:

So why don't the best hackers on the planet work for the FBI? Because the FBI will not hire anyone with a 24-inch purple mohawk, 10-gauge ear piercings, a tattooed face, who demands to smoke weed while working, and won't accept less than a half million dollars a year.​

McAfee, of course, is a walking example of exactly that crazy motherfucker.

A useless cocksucking troon like Jiz Fong-Lones, though, is just an example of a completely useless cocksucking troon.

Also this is the dumbest fucking patent I've ever seen:
View attachment 370450

So it's basically a complete fucking piece of shit that wastes space on my hard drive for shit that I didn't want and didn't ask for, without my permission.

Great job troon. I need that like I need my cock chopped off.

Last edited:

Positron

Team Bartók
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is exactly why LGBT are being increasing reviled. When everyone is practically prostrating to them and treating them as the Second Coming, they keep demanding we do more still.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
how to start a rat king in google

Do you work for a tech company and want your management to oppose Trump's policies more strongly? Liz Fong-Jones explains how she successfully changed high-level management policies at a large company by organizing tech workers.

upload_2018-1-29_8-7-8.png

upload_2018-1-29_8-7-21.png

upload_2018-1-29_8-7-43.png

upload_2018-1-29_8-8-47.png

upload_2018-1-29_8-8-58.png

Last edited:

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

kiwifarms.net
I'm baffled why these large corporations go out of their way to hire (and cater to the whims of) quasi-Marxist anarchistic agitators? Wait, no I'm not--one simple explanation, Kali Yuga. We were promised the Age of Aquarius, but we get this shit instead. The meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs came to the party way too soon.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
To further expand upon my point, the cost that is easy to see is that the "culture" of employees like Liz and others bring may be detrimentle in the short term.

But in the long term this is what Google is probably looking at (my opinion anyway):
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=CQo6ehIAAAAJ&hl=en

Also this is the dumbest fucking patent I've ever seen:
View attachment 370450

How can you patent something like this, at least as a process?

FWIW, I remember reading a company history of IBM and somewhere in the book they discussed how this is exactly what they did to their mainframes in the 1960s and 1970s. You'd the sell the "big iron" to a bank or insurance company with all kinds of unpurchased features installed but locked down. And send someone out to unlock them when the computer's buyer decided they needed some unavailable feature or other.

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How can you patent something like this, at least as a process?

FWIW, I remember reading a company history of IBM and somewhere in the book they discussed how this is exactly what they did to their mainframes in the 1960s and 1970s. You'd the sell the "big iron" to a bank or insurance company with all kinds of unpurchased features installed but locked down. And send someone out to unlock them when the computer's buyer decided they needed some unavailable feature or other.

The validity of patents like that is a huge and longstanding issue in the tech world.

Basically any major company like Google, Microsoft, Apple spend billions of filing patents for pretty much anything and everything. That's how Apple ended up with a patent for "rounded corners" for its iPhones.

So even companies that have gone broke over the years, like Yahoo, still have massive patent portfolios.

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

kiwifarms.net
Short story is, patent offices don't care and aren't staffed with super knowledgeable people on technical details and these companies file patents as instruments of warfare in the courtroom to find an "in" to sue someone if they need to. Doesn't matter if it's valid or not, they know the suit is enough of a deterrent and can get smaller companies and individuals to fold. They can also file suit in districts that are more favorable to the patentholder so they can bully people into paying them money with this shit. It's just all manner of garbage.

keksz

Verified nobody
kiwifarms.net
To be completely fair, this doesn't happen to people who don't make themselves a huge target by broadcasting to everyone on Twitter that they are worthy of the harassing and are going to keep reeeeeing milk about it the more they are put under fire. I'm not saying strong women, transpeople or minorities should learn to keep quiet either (which is Googley culture's modus operandi) - just that if you work professionally, chances of you being targeted by trolls lower down to pretty close to 0%.

Making a big deal out of harassment is only to be counterproductive and raise the chances to 100% of people continuing to harass you - but you actually know that and thrive on it, don't you?

In the end, if you managed to become a target for trolls, you're only hurting your own ability to do your job, the same way a carpenter who cuts off his finger is going to have a hard time continuing to work at the same level as before. Ultimately, it just means you're incompetent at your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.