Dropping Google

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

I agree with the KF mods - I support Ukraine
kiwifarms.net
To be completely fair, this doesn't happen to people who don't make themselves a huge target by broadcasting to everyone on Twitter that they are worthy of the harassing and are going to keep reeeeeing tard cum about it the more they are put under fire. I'm not saying strong women, transpeople or minorities should learn to keep quiet either (which is Googley culture's modus operandi) - just that if you work professionally, chances of you being targeted by trolls lower down to pretty close to 0%.

Making a big deal out of harassment is only to be counterproductive and raise the chances to 100% of people continuing to harass you - but you actually know that and thrive on it, don't you?

In the end, if you managed to become a target for trolls, you're only hurting your own ability to do your job, the same way a carpenter who cuts off his finger is going to have a hard time continuing to work at the same level as before. Ultimately, it just means you're incompetent at your job.

The best (IMO) explanation is that their zeal and fervor is, psychologically, the exact same as the desire for martyrdom by early Christians during the Roman Empire.

Good Father

kiwifarms.net
Sadly, indexing the entire Web is so resource intensive it takes a megacorporation to do it. The only way Google will be upended is if some popular, easy to use distributed method of indexing is created and adopted by millions of people, such that each computer using it contributes resources to the indexing tasks and the database is itself distributed redundantly over millions of computers, rather than by gigantic server farms.
As it happens, such tools already exist. There are competitors such as Searx which not only make their services available without information track, but which being open source permit users to install private instances of their own. Searx is not the only option, but seems to be the best so far; https://searx.me is a public instance.

Is it as good as Google? Fuck no, Google has dumped a whole lot of add money they earned by data merchanting into developing their search engine. But, at some point, people will need to take some personal fucking responsibility and not be faggots who take the quick and easy path every damned time if they don't want creatures like Fong-Jones calling the shots twenty years from now. Every search done on Google is an increase in their knowledge base, an improvement of their service, and a donation of collected information.

There's another angle to this: search engines are a massive convenience, but not a necessary one. The web existed before webcrawlers, and it functioned. It could be argued that it functioned better then than now, there was very little centralization and people used webrings -- collections of links of similar sites -- as a way of creating paths of navigation. There was no 800lb gorilla in the room, people had to go looking for things themselves or ask other people. It was less efficient than the internet that webcrawler, Altavista, Ask Jeeves, Yahoo, and later Google helped create. It was also far, far less vulnerable to domination through control of access points such as Google.

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
I think these motherfuckers must be very annoying for real females software engineers.

Think about it:
  • due to square jaw nobody could mistake it for a female so it gains advantage from male stereotypes
  • it looks Asian and everybody knows that Asians are computer and math geniuses ;)
  • it claims its female, and try to tell him he is not so on top of all the above it gains points for being a woman
  • you are not allowed to criticize a tranny in any way, so stellar performance reviews are a must
I sometimes wonder if the memo itself wasn't an attempt to reduce this unfair advantage of trannies, because it's obvious that if you have two skilled coders, a tranny will win as a fake "woman".

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I sometimes wonder if the memo itself wasn't an attempt to reduce this unfair advantage of trannies, because it's obvious that if you have two skilled coders, a tranny will win as a fake "woman".

The tranny has extra oppression points. So you hire the tranny instead of the woman, you can pad your fake statistics about your "diversity" and still have nothing but a bunch of dudes working there.

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
The tranny has extra oppression points. So you hire the tranny instead of the woman, you can pad your fake statistics about your "diversity" and still have nothing but a bunch of dudes working there.

I know it's impossible in current climate, but I wish we knew the real statistics...

Edit:

I forgot about another thing in my bullet points: tranny is not going to have a baby, and everybody knows it, so it's a "woman" but without any disadvantages that go with being female.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
This is so fucking true you have no idea. Actually, you might.

I would say the representation of transsexuals in technology surprasses women. That is not bullshit. Even fucking @KatsuKitty works professionally as a developer and is now claiming to be a woman.

It's all of them. Women, psychologically, rarely desire to sit in front of a computer for 18 hours a day. I've been working on our migration to XF2 recently. You know what that looks like?
upload_2018-1-31_11-23-11.png

Fun right? Not really. It's just something I do.

upload_2018-1-31_11-24-0.png

See this bitch? You think she wants to sit in front of a computer and focus on code all day? No. She can manage schedules and handle emails and priority action-item agenda lists, because that sort of shit is what she's comfortable with, but women don't like to be put into a situation where if they don't sit down and do it hours at a time it never, ever gets done. Very few actually do.

So you need women in your work force and you want a tax break, but you also need someone who can sit and write code. What is the solution to this question?

upload_2018-1-31_11-25-19.png

And really, all trannies I think about have some form of technical experience. Nina Chaubal, Nekoarc, Laurelai, Katsu, etc they are all this weird hybrid of woman/man/software developer.

AND THAT'S WHY I KNOW THEY'RE COMING FROM ME KEEP THOSE FUCKING SOYBEANS OUT OF MY FUCKIN FACE

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
What if this Damore character was smarter than we think? He wrote the memo as a way to expose/counteract this fraud (let's face it it's a fucking fraud to promote XY man as a woman, and to say that you are doing it for women), and he could not write it explicitly. (he might be a sperg, but even spergs know that questioning womanhood of a tranny is the worst type of wrongthink)

Now, in the discovery phase, I hope the question of percentage of trannies counted as biological women can somehow slip through...

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

I agree with the KF mods - I support Ukraine
kiwifarms.net
What if this Damore character was smarter than we think? He wrote the memo as a way to expose/counteract this fraud (let's face it it's a fucking fraud to promote XY man as a woman, and to say that you are doing it for women), and he could not write it explicitly. (he might be a sperg, but even spergs know that questioning womanhood of a tranny is the worst type of wrongthink)

Now, in the discovery phase, I hope the question of percentage of trannies counted as biological women can somehow slip through...

Nah, Damore's kinda dopey. Not for what he said, exactly, but because Damore actually thought he could say that stuff and get away with it. Doesn't matter if it's true, because what's true or not doesn't matter. Public perception and control are everything in these situations. He's kinda aspergersy for thinking he could have an "open discussion" anywhere, but especially at a giant San Fran company.

keksz

Verified nobody
kiwifarms.net
Fully agreed but also put yourself in his shoes: he seemed to have enough potential for climbing the ladder but was seeing "diverse" people get preferential treatment all the time, with his own sex and race being a hindrance to him inside the company, regardless of his many spotless employee reviews.

At some point he thought to himself: "well, if I'm going to be stuck here as a peon forever, watching less competent people get promoted, because I'm born part of an unprivileged majority, I might as well stir the bucket and try to make an image for myself here as a conscious citizen also but with my own spin on things." His chances for career growth were already slim (or at least unrepresentative of his potential), by all accounts - he might as well kick the bucket and see what gives and if the result turned out to be sour he goes to find a more career-friendly workplace for his race and sex.

Turns out Google ended up giving him a new opportunity: sue the company for millions of dollars in potential punitive damage alone, plus pain and suffering, unlawful firing and whatever else they can slap on top of it. You could say again that Damore is derpy for actually taking the case instead of quietly walking away to greener pastures - and you'd be completely right - but by golly he's doing it! And he might actually have a chance of winning... If things go well for him in the end, an autistic winner is still a winner, you know what I mean?

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Turns out Google ended up giving him a new opportunity: sue the company for millions of dollars in potential punitive damage alone, plus pain and suffering, unlawful firing and whatever else they can slap on top of it. You could say again that Damore is derpy for actually taking the case instead of quietly walking away to greener pastures - and you'd be completely right - but by golly he's doing it! And he might actually have a chance of winning... If things go well for him in the end, an autistic winner is still a winner, you know what I mean?

Considering he has one of the preeminent Republican lawyers in the state on his side, he could easily land in some political think tank as their data guy, although possibly something Libertarian is more to his taste. As much as people have portrayed that thing he wrote as the virtual equivalent of Mein Kampf, it was fairly middle of the road right/libertarian material.

Wy4M

kiwifarms.net

Apologies to resurrect an old thread.

In the 1st sentence 'I have a pet', 'a pet' points to a URL http://www.leptoquark.net/~elly/liz-collar.jpg It's a dead link but can be found on Archive.org:
http://archive.md/wip/guoir (Yep, I archive www.archive.org too as once in a while things disappear there too)
liz-collar.jpg

Also:
In 2007, somewhere in June or July Liz Fong-Jones travelled to Thailand to have an SRS (Sex reassignment surgery) aka a Neo-Vagina and some of it can
be read on his personal blog.

Fyi - The word Neo-Vagina sounds great and futuristic and all trannies think that this will be the final thing to do to get accepted. But in regality it's much
closer to a 2nd asshole than to a vagina.

NeoVagina.png

On top of that the body keeps threating this for the rest of your live as a wound and wants to heal this and in order to prevent his neo-vag from closing the person
has to shove a glass dildo in it aka dilating. Again, the rest of his life! The first 2 years this has to be done 3 times a day (morning 50min / afternoon 50 min / bedtime 50min = total 2.5 hours) with dilators who have different diameters between 20 and 32 mm. After these 2 years the person 'only' has to this 3 times a week and this for the rest of his life.
To give an better idea I added

Dilation_Scheme.jpg

Because a part of the scrotum is used to build it, sometimes pubic hairs keep growing inside the neo-vagina and when dilating those hairs are pushed inside the top of it.
This causes a hairball and can cause an infection + horrible smell

IngrowingHairs.jpg

There are also self lubricating neo-vaginas and in that case they attach part of the colon to it which produces the mucus lubrication. I don't know if it's save to
perform oral sex on that. I'm not interested to found out.

SelfLubricatingNeoVag.jpg

From 2007-10-23 until 2007-12-08:
http://web.archive.org/web/20090531135323/http://elizabeth.caltech.edu/personal/?pg=2
http://archive.md/wip/IjK3I

LinFong_Dilate.jpg

From 2007-12-11 until 2009-04-28
http://web.archive.org/web/20090530025836/http://elizabeth.caltech.edu/personal
http://archive.md/wip/inHz0

Attachments

• LizFongJones_Closure.jpg
    LizFongJones_Closure.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.