• ”I'm talking about memes! Digital War!

DSP "real criticism" thread

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell / DarkSydePhil' started by neger psykolog, Jan 18, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

no one can help you

1. upload_2018-1-18_11-29-44.png

In this thread u can talk about "real criticism".

No infighting, no arguing semantics, just focus on "real criticism" and if your post doesn't provide that then it'll be moved out.

• Like Like x 1
    neger psykolog

neger psykolog moon goons for communism detection
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Ignoring any evidence about the multiple times Vidar has threatened people because he doesn't want to believe it and passes it off as being potentially fake. Even his other mods know it's true.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Ignoring any and all suggestions and just outright bans people when they disagree with his choices.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    xenomorph

xenomorph I've got more demons where that came from.

kiwifarms.net
  4. (Taken from The Shit Street Thread. )

• Informative Informative x 4
    CausticMinory

CausticMinory Come make my Coco, Jumbo bb

kiwifarms.net
  5. He should have shorter prestreams and longer streams. That seems like a no-brainer to me.

Also he should get his post nasal drip fixed or blow his nose away from the microphone or something like that. The constant snorting does not improve the quality of his content.

• Agree Agree x 12
    millais

millais The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas

kiwifarms.net
  6. If he did a thing like Multi-player drunk streams I bet he'd get more viewers. Just let the ego go Drunk Phil is the best Phil cause he has no filter and can take the piss like the a champ. He makes fun of hisself and has legitimate fun.

• Agree Agree x 5
    CausticMinory

CausticMinory Come make my Coco, Jumbo bb

kiwifarms.net
  7. Why the fuck he is still a full time console pleb if playing vydia is his jahb? He can waste $500 on keurig machines but cant get a gtx 1080 to slap to his lemon and play any game he wants at 4k/120fps snrrrrrrrrt

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    HolocaustDenier

HolocaustDenier MEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kiwifarms.net
  8. He should actually work on his speech skills. Ummms and uhhhs in every second sentence is just annoying. That is, if you can get over him rocking back and forth.
    Saying "you know", "people" and "stuff" every sentence - there's no use of synonyms here. Whenever he talks about suggestions that "peepul" sent him, he never, ever gives credit to those who submitted said idea. That also ties to what millais said a few posts above mine - the mute button should be used more often.

And he should also stop repeating himself ever so often. Again, tying this thought to millais' comment: he could easily slash the prestream length by simply taking a minute or two a day to add in a schedule image into the prestream image rotation. That could cut the Week In Prestream portion out: you hear him say what's coming every single day when it could be avoided.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Shizuka

Shizuka The DSPisms and DSP song guy

kiwifarms.net
  9. Phil should stop taking personal offense to the gout meme.
    He should also eat better to avoid future bouts of gout.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage Best/Worst Timeline
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. If Phil really wanted to waste his money on something, it should have been hiring an editor. It would have made his YT uploads a lot more bearable. It could also open up a lot more options in terms of making videos. I think the one part of his "career" that Phil enjoys is the long rambling prestreams where he just gets to talk and feels like someone is listening to him. He could easily transition into doing vlog/review style videos. Hell, a lot of his fans ask him for his opinion on various things that he claims to be too poor to afford, like going to twitchcon or even seeing movies.

With his loyal paypig audience, Phil could easily run "fundraisers" for these projects. He could record himself rambling for awhile and toss it to an editor to turn into content.

kiwifarms.net
  11. Phil could be in shape, over the now almost 10 years that he has been streaming he has gotten tons of advice that would require tiny bits of effort a day to get in shape. Alas he never has listened and as Leana is not there to make him healthy meals anymore he is gaining weight rapidly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Stop gunning for AAA new releases, or focus on a few at a time. Unless Phil gets sponsored/gets a review copy he's always going to be fighting over crumbs for day one viewers, where he could use that time to play a game with less competition.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Rare Drop

Rare Drop The future's gonna be great!

kiwifarms.net
  13. taking his financial woes at face value, phil should stop shilling out to monthly subscriptions and start budgeting his money. while his twitch/youtube money may waver month to month, he has a pateron that stays about the same. or he could do some research on what his mediun twitch/youtube rev was for the past six months to get a rough estimate on what money he can expect.

learning to cook simple and quick meals with inexpensive ingredients vs buying frozen dinners could make a huge impact, too. there are tons of websites and cook books dedicated to cheap (but still healthy) meals phil could benefit from

he reminds me a lot me when i first started both having money to spend and bills, always living pay check to pay check, barely paying my bills and clueless to where all my money went a few days after being paid.

• Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  14. Honestly? Phil should probably do drunk streams more. Like I said, it smoothes out his personality somewhat, he comes off like he's less miserable, and he actually handles trolls better when sloshed than sober.

I would also recommend doing games with no stream chat open to him too, at least for one of the games streamed at a time per week (like one of the three games in the schedule0; most of his old views was because of not being able to look at chat for tips.

I'm mostly just going with simple changes, but these two would help his bidness IMO.

Adamska

Adamska Last Gunman
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. I don't think he will listen, but here goes:
    1. Phil should try to select his games based on Twitch interactions and move on from YouTube, he may hate PUBG for example, but it brings him a lot of interaction and tips, far more than say, Shadow of War. Twitch audiences seem to value more emergent moments than scripted ones. Also, more legacy games are welcome IMO.
    2. Vidar giving him money is fine by me, I don't understand it, but I don't mind it either. However, he shouldn't give Vidar the keys to the Kingdom. Vidar for example is clearly a terrible chat mod, and everyone there clearly hates him because he kills discussions before they start. Someone like KingJezal is far better suited to be mod because he knows how to be chill with supporters and detractors alike.
    3. If you overshare with the internet, the internet will try to poke into your life, it's just the way autism helps, and creating mysteries around your girlfriend or whatever makes it even worse.
    4. Phil should learn to laugh at himself sometimes, this will kill a lot of the trolling, if you show people your buttons, they will definitely press them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    neural

neural rambunscious boy
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Phil should start collaborating with other streamers that want to do stuff with him. Part of the reason why he's so toxic is because he exiled himself to his safe space and never leaves. He needs to get over the paranoia that everyone is out to get him and start to open up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Snorting is the #1 reason I cannot watch DSP streams, even if there's drama I really want to hear about. Get some fucking nasal strips. You'll look goofy wearing them but you'll be tolerable.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Drop the facecam. It adds nothing other than fuel to laugh at him.
    Besides, nobody wants to see an ugly 35 year old sit on his ass and make a fool of himself all day.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    BIgBadWolf

BIgBadWolf How did I end up here?

kiwifarms.net
  19. This expanded to stop taking personal offense over [joking/teasing/making fun of] in general; not just as a person but as a streamer. He shows himself to be thin skinned when everything jabbing at him results in a twitch ban followed by a two minute chiding at his fan base and ends with an extra 10 minutes added to the Pre-stream monologue. Also, by taking offense of these things, he just enables and empowers the people that make fun of him. You're 35 going on 36, this stuff should not even cross your mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. Own up to your shit. I know Phil loves to play up to his ridiculous moniker of being "the king of hate" and how he is always blunt with his opinion, but the amount of times that has come back to bite him in the ass is phenomenal. Stop shitting on things other successful people do, because the chances are, you'll eventually adopt that approach to your business. Direct capture, streaming, Twitch, bits/cheers/shoutouts, Minecraft, PUBG, memes - these are things you have shit on in the past, but eventually come to rely on or enjoy. Your excuse is then extremely defensive and weak "the world isnt black and white d00d, people change" - yes people do change, but it's the sign of a "mature adult" to admit they were wrong, and that includes admitting you acted like a twat for shitting on those things before really even trying them. It's embarrassing and childish. So stop trying to be so outlandish and edgy with new/popular trends, or if not, try being humble when reneging on those opinions.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ProdigalDuke

ProdigalDuke Boundless and bare

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.