DSP Timeline of events (WORK IN PROGRESS) - Bugged timeline mechanics

RIP_SANITY

I DID NOTHING WRONG DOOD
kiwifarms.net
This is an incomplete document that I was working on for some time. Unfortunately, I haven't finished it because my RL got in the way and :stress:
Hell, I haven't been as much here as I used to.
I had been talking to @neger psykolog about the document for a while and he suggested making a thread to allow people to improve on the timeline of events.

IDK if I'll ever come back to it, tbh.

Currently, recent events after the DSP hacking are fairly incomplete and/or missing, 2012-2014 needs a rewrite, etc.

I added sagas to the mix, but I didn't want to go overboard with them. To me (this is subject to debate)
the sagas are: FGC, Top-Haters, Youtube, Blip.tv, Pandalee, TIHYDP, Twitch, SoK, Patreon.
I wouldn't count the Laveria or Tobuscus as sagas as they were too short, and more as notable events of the Youtube saga.
If I had time to update this doc, IMO the new GF would count as another saga (and maybe his tax attorney shenanigans? I haven't been following DSP in a while so correct me if I'm wrong)

Attachments

neural

It is what it is 'cept it ain't what it used to be
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Excellent work @RIP_SANITY , I hope to be able to help in making that giant OP you and @neger psykolog were talking about... But I first have to finalize some other projects both here (The Moviebob stuff) and IRL.

Reactions: BrunoMattei

ThePlagueTND

kiwifarms.net
That's awesome man. It's good to have a sort of directory to look at when looking up certain dates and it can certainly be expanded on.

Yes I think the tax attorney and the new gf shenanigans probably deserve their own sagas due to how infused with his content they are atm.

xenomorph

I've got more demons where that came from.
kiwifarms.net
This is an incomplete document that I was working on for some time. Unfortunately, I haven't finished it because my RL got in the way and :stress:
Hell, I haven't been as much here as I used to.
I had been talking to @neger psykolog about the document for a while and he suggested making a thread to allow people to improve on the timeline of events.

IDK if I'll ever come back to it, tbh.

Currently, recent events after the DSP hacking are fairly incomplete and/or missing, 2012-2014 needs a rewrite, etc.

I added sagas to the mix, but I didn't want to go overboard with them. To me (this is subject to debate)
the sagas are: FGC, Top-Haters, Youtube, Blip.tv, Pandalee, TIHYDP, Twitch, SoK, Patreon.
I wouldn't count the Laveria or Tobuscus as sagas as they were too short, and more as notable events of the Youtube saga.
If I had time to update this doc, IMO the new GF would count as another saga (and maybe his tax attorney shenanigans? I haven't been following DSP in a while so correct me if I'm wrong)
This was very much needed, thank you

OneDaySon

kiwifarms.net
Amazing work!
Yeah for sure once we get into it, new gf will be a saga. I'd say Tax issues too, just needs some meat first, some stuff to happen which'll be January.

Pure Snort

kiwifarms.net
For the twitch saga, in 2014 it says Phil received a fan donated computer. Was this the one where he had sent money to somebody(Chris?) that planned and built the computer for him? If it's that one I would like the wording to be a little better in a future iteration as it makes it sound like Phil accepted a free computer and bitched about it, where he actually gave the guy money to build him something. He was still a total shithead in this situation anyway, pretty much shitting on the guy's effort and calling the computer useless.

Pointandlaugh

Lookin' for the good stuff
kiwifarms.net
For the twitch saga, in 2014 it says Phil received a fan donated computer. Was this the one where he had sent money to somebody(Chris?) that planned and built the computer for him? If it's that one I would like the wording to be a little better in a future iteration as it makes it sound like Phil accepted a free computer and bitched about it, where he actually gave the guy money to build him something. He was still a total shithead in this situation anyway, pretty much shitting on the guy's effort and calling the computer useless.
I believe this was in 2011/2012. Chris built a PC for DSP, DSP paid Chris for it. Around 2013, DSP started shitting on Chris for no reason. Chris was giving DSP advice on how to livestream but DSP being DSP, just couldn't handle it.

When DSP moved to Washington in 2014, this is when he brought the $3000 "lemon" PC.

DiabeticShitheadPhil

15 bucks little man, put that shit in my hand
kiwifarms.net
DSP is technologically inept (as is neger psykolog who thinks just because he claims someone is exceptional, makes it automatically true and allows him to ban them from several threads for no real reason aside from he's a cunt. suck my dick neger.)

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
im sorry my dude, i still haven't checked this file because I don't have MS word installed
Exceptional, I know

Is it possible for someone to put a RTF file up?

RIP_SANITY

I DID NOTHING WRONG DOOD
kiwifarms.net
@neger psykolog
I think this thread should be stickied.
I'll come back to this, found out Shoryuken.com was created in 2000, so Phil may have joined in around that time or possibly 2001 (the earliest known DSP posts are from October 2002 but none of them suggest that he was a newcomer. Unfortunately we can't really tell when he exactly joined in because of how Phil's old posts were archived in 1 account named System which is also used by other banned accounts from SRK)

Reactions: neger psykolog

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@neger psykolog
I think this thread should be stickied.
I'll come back to this, found out Shoryuken.com was created in 2000, so Phil may have joined in around that time or possibly 2001 (the earliest known DSP posts are from October 2002 but none of them suggest that he was a newcomer. Unfortunately we can't really tell when he exactly joined in because of how Phil's old posts were archived in 1 account named System which is also used by other banned accounts from SRK)
done
btw shoryuken is shutting down soon or something

RIP_SANITY

I DID NOTHING WRONG DOOD
kiwifarms.net
They are transferring the forums to discourse, so I'd suggest to archive Phil's posts (I think I archived quite a few of them) just to be safe.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
which format do you suggest I use?
Preferably you'd just use the XenForo markdown to embed it directly into the OP. DOCX is a commercial proprietary format that supports complicated macros that ultimately has allowed it to be a vehicle for malware. It's a security risk, and a high barrier to entry to expect people to install MS Word (or alternative).

Alternatively you could upload your markdown to a third-party host. See https://gist.github.com/ & https://stackedit.io/ & https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/

RIP_SANITY

I DID NOTHING WRONG DOOD
kiwifarms.net
Preferably you'd just use the XenForo markdown to embed it directly into the OP. DOCX is a commercial proprietary format that supports complicated macros that ultimately has allowed it to be a vehicle for malware. It's a security risk, and a high barrier to entry to expect people to install MS Word (or alternative).

Alternatively you could upload your markdown to a third-party host. See https://gist.github.com/ & https://stackedit.io/ & https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/
well, and if I had to absolutely upload it as a document, what's the recommended file format? RTF? doc? the idea is to later update the info on DSP's lolcow wiki page with the timeline.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino