DSP & where he lives/lived - CT KHANDO VS RENTON MANSION

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

uruugint

kiwifarms.net
that Alaska would be a better idea due to their dirt cheap sales tax (1.69% back in 2014, its 1.76% now) would benefit him because of how much garbage he buys and the payments from the federal government could help him as well
sales tax actually varies, some cities like anchorage have zero sales tax. altho DSP's luck by the time he would qualify to get PFD (permanent fund dividend, "free Alaska money"), they'll have either capped it lower than it is now, or it'll be completely taken away.

i would have loved to see him move here and complain about the shitty internet providers/how expensive decent internet is.

Authentic Sauce

kiwifarms.net
That mortgage is identified as "traditional" and is only (exactly) 5% of the sale price.

Doesn't that mean at the time of the mortgage application he had both godlike income, credit utilization, and credit score?
I think the Dave narrative is he was debt free minus the CT mortgage when he moved. The move is what brought the debt back. He was making insane amounts of money in those couple years before the move so he should have had some cash for a down payment and a high credit score. Then he furnished the house, I suspect he put all that on credit and is still paying that today. He would have been debt free though at the time of applying for the mortgage.

Cause now he has less income (still 80-100k, but less than before), the same sky-high utilization, and probably a much worse credit score from not making payments on the CT mortgage for a while plus all the credit cards and loans he claims to have taken out.
How do we know he missed payments on the CT mortgage, I don't remember that but could have missed that. I'm of the opinion if he actually wanted to get rid of the CT condo, he should stop making payments. The bank has no reason to accept a short sale or anything else if the mortgage is current.

• Agree
Reactions: actually

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do we know he missed payments on the CT mortgage, I don't remember that but could have missed that. I'm of the opinion if he actually wanted to get rid of the CT condo, he should stop making payments. The bank has no reason to accept a short sale or anything else if the mortgage is current.
I thought someone actually dug into it and found evidence of it. Maybe Bryan Dunn? Shit, I may be completely wrong. I do know that a short sale was attempted but the bank rejected it.

• Agree
Reactions: Authentic Sauce

Authentic Sauce

kiwifarms.net
I thought someone actually dug into it and found evidence of it. Maybe Bryan Dunn? Shit, I may be completely wrong. I do know that a short sale was attempted but the bank rejected it.
I don't remember and cannot find the details but I think I remember Bryan called the realtor in CT for the listing. This post claims Bryan confirmed he was current but they don't remember the source either.
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/darksydephil-theycallmedsp-phil-burnell.975/page-2549#post-3099176

Edit: I misread that post, it says he pays every other month, so maybe he has missed some. But I also don't trust Bryan as a reliable source either.

• Agree
Reactions: actually

Il_Duke

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure someone's covered this, but is there a reason Phil didn't move to New Hampshire instead of Washington?

- Significantly closer to his family and 'friends' vs. Washington
- No State Income or Sales Taxes (WA has no Income tax, but does have a B&O tax that amounts to the same thing for Self-Employed Philly, plus a 6.5% Base Sales Tax)
- Although the Property Tax RATE is higher in NH, average home costs are 30-35% lower making it a wash
- New Hampshire has a "Business Enterprise Tax" on business profits, but that doesn't begin to apply until your 'business' makes $208,000 in income

I'd be interested in doing the full math, but I don't see any reason for Phil to have moved entirely across the country other than wanderlust and the Panda whispering in his ear. 3 minutes of research on my end suggests that forming an NH-registered S Corporation and buying a kahndo in the Granite State would have been a better choice assuming he hadn't burned all of his personal bridges before the move.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm speaking for other people but I think the consensus is that he was making that much back then.
That he could have made even something like $150k and still have all the debt he says he has is fucking mind-boggling to me. He should have tens of thousands of dollars put away, even after buying a 2nd condo he didn't actually need.

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That he could have made even something like $150k and still have all the debt he says he has is fucking mind-boggling to me. He should have tens of thousands of dollars put away, even after buying a 2nd condo he didn't actually need.
Blows my mind that he dug himself out of debt once using the gravy train then sunk himself into debt again.

xAnonAnonX

kiwifarms.net
Blows my mind that he dug himself out of debt once using the gravy train then sunk himself into debt again.
Having a hole in your hand where money flows through tends to do that. I know some other people that just keep spending and complain about bills all the time. And then when they are finally square they just overspend again and start the whole process again.
edit: the difference with him and those people is mostly that he got more income, so he plunged himself deeper into debt because of that.

• Agree
Reactions: Authentic Sauce

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
Well he claims the weather in the northeast is what drove him to the northwest (muh back!). Seattle air is magic, it’s curative properties are only matched by senzu beans, and we all know how rare those are.

Also, I think he thought Seattle was the hip place to go with all the big companies HQs being located in Bellevue, and the rampant homeless problem. Being homeless is hip.

Also, I think it was a chance for him to run away from the fact that he had no friends and his family especially at this point could care less about him. So now him being across the country is his perfect excuse for why he has no friends or can’t see his family, despite those being non factors when he was still in CT.

Authentic Sauce

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure someone's covered this, but is there a reason Phil didn't move to New Hampshire instead of Washington?
His most frequent reasons are state income tax, weather, fast internet and tech companies. He will still mention today that he couldn't move back to CT because he can't shovel snow. I doubt he ever had to shovel snow anyway looking at his condo there. I guess Washington was the only the place he found that he could have the privilege of paying hundreds of dollars a month for business internet. He has made references before that he figured he could get a job in tech if the YouTube thing didn't work out. Because pointing a camera at a tv and uploading to YouTube makes you qualified for that.

And then when they are finally square they just overspend again and start the whole process again.
This is why his plan to roll his credit card debt into his house will fail. He will just run the cards up again and be worse off than he was.

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
His most frequent reasons are state income tax, weather, fast internet and tech companies. He will still mention today that he couldn't move back to CT because he can't shovel snow. I doubt he ever had to shovel snow anyway looking at his condo there. I guess Washington was the only the place he found that he could have the privilege of paying hundreds of dollars a month for business internet. He has made references before that he figured he could get a job in tech if the YouTube thing didn't work out. Because pointing a camera at a tv and uploading to YouTube makes you qualified for that.

This is why his plan to roll his credit card debt into his house will fail. He will just run the cards up again and be worse off than he was.
But his equity! He has some equity that will solve all his money woes. Didn’t you know that? Equity is the financial equivalent to Seattle air for DSP.

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
During the move from Connecticut to Washington DSP said his tax guy told him if he sold the condo WORST CASE scenario Phil would lose $22k.

Figure according to Phil he pays $1.5k a month for the mortgage that is $72k in 4 years.

Yes, he possibly has spent seventy two thousand dollars instead of twenty two thousand because..?

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
Yes, he possibly has spent seventy two thousand dollars instead of twenty two thousand because..?
Because: https://smartasset.com/mortgage/sell-your-home-while-paying-off-your-mortgage

"It’s also important to review your mortgage loan paperwork and look for due-on-sale clauses. Due-on-sale clauses protect lenders by requiring homeowners to pay their mortgage loan in full after selling their home or transferring their deed to someone else."

He surely has not 22k in RAW cash. It'

So if he would want to sell his condo he should sell it at the price of the current mortgage loan, he could even go down by 1.5k cuz he pays this anyway. He should not go for high profit in the short term, honestly a small temporary loss in money should not be the problem, he can get this money in from his paypigs. Then the long term would save him these exact 1500 per month, from now to all eternity.

So what's even the current worth of this old rotten half burned condo anyway? I'm sure someone posted it, I don't have the time to look it up right now. Personally I would never pay 22k for this shit (if the number is accurate).

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Haunter

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
Because: https://smartasset.com/mortgage/sell-your-home-while-paying-off-your-mortgage

"It’s also important to review your mortgage loan paperwork and look for due-on-sale clauses. Due-on-sale clauses protect lenders by requiring homeowners to pay their mortgage loan in full after selling their home or transferring their deed to someone else."

He surely has not 22k in RAW cash. It'

So if he would want to sell his condo he should sell it at the price of the current mortgage loan, he could even go down by 1.5k cuz he pays this anyway. He should not go for high profit in the short term, honestly a small temporary loss in money should not be the problem, he can get this money in from his paypigs. Then the long term would save him these exact 1500 per month, from now to all eternity.

So what's even the current worth of this old rotten half burned condo anyway? I'm sure someone posted it, I don't have the time to look it up right now. Personally I would never pay 22k for this shit (if the number is accurate).
I can believe that he did not have $22k in cash at the time, but he did have the money to go out to Washington and back to look at houses. Thousands to pay for the move across the country. Not too long after he had a couple thousand to spend on his lemon pc. He was able to finance Panda'a soap business. He was able to go on trips to fancy hipster hotels and go out to eat and go shopping. He leased another BMW. However much he spent on furnishing the full adult house and installing business class internet. It all adds up and I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to $22k.

Maybe he put all those expenses on his credit. I just think it was foolish to not take care of the problem when it would have cost $22k and instead let it snowball into $72k.

For some reason he had to leave Connecticut as soon as possible. Many of the excuses he gave for the move were not true. Needed to move to get back surgery. Needed to be able to network with like minded people in the Seattle area. Would be able to travel to conventions on the west coast. Connecticut condo was too small for two people... It may have been inconvenient, but two people would be able to live there.

Some were valid reasons I suppose. Wanted to pay less taxes. Didn't want to shovel snow. Probably wanted to get as far away from Leanna's family as possible so she wouldn't run away.

Taking care of the condo was at the bottom of his to do list. Having Auntie Gout move in was obviously only a short term solution.

Just another example of how Phil screwed himself and will blame everyone else because he did nothing wrong.

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
I can believe that he did not have $22k in cash at the time, but he did have the money to go out to Washington and back to look at houses. Thousands to pay for the move across the country. Not too long after he had a couple thousand to spend on his lemon pc. He was able to finance Panda'a soap business. He was able to go on trips to fancy hipster hotels and go out to eat and go shopping. He leased another BMW. However much he spent on furnishing the full adult house and installing business class internet. It all adds up and I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to $22k.
Probably not but I agree that he's not very efficient in saving money and should put it to places where it's needed, to finally end the torment of Lord Condo. Has he? I dunno, but I doubt. He should have saved money right when he took the mortgage. Sad sad very sadly his good times of making tons of "legal" money and/or making money from Machinima are over, now he has to flutter right how his audience blows the wind. He probably thinks it's a dangerous time to put money aside, as he is no longer with Curse (even so he blames YouTube for the low ad revenue for no reason).
He is in hypermode-luck there is this Egyptian Pharao, but even he won't pay until his mortgage is paid. Even if he would gift him 22k right now, Phil will find a way to lose it all for useless luxury in under a week.

Speaking of paying, here's some algebraic thermodynamic number thingy:
He moved to Seattle in June 2014, apparently his mortgage is $22k. Since his move he had to save around $550 to pay the mortgage right now. I doubt even a DSP can throw out this amount of money each month for 4 years, 22k for useless spending seems unrealistic. It's a terrifying number and I'm not able to put out a helping number that could save his house in the near future, it's too late, he can't climb up the slide again.

(Of course I hadn't calculated the amount of money he would get from actually selling the condo, there is no need to put 22k to the side, it's way below that. But I don't have time to, I'm a gamer).

If you don't have $22k to sell your house, you don't go out and buy another one.
But there was this one guy, yelling he should shut the fuck up. That was terrifying
*sigh*

Last edited:

Nurse Ratchet

This. Is an ex-parrot. <3
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, no. I remember this too.. Bryan went spelunking for real estate records but it wasn't missed khando payments.

..I think he posted evidence of a proposed refinance on the CT property? This is bugging me now.. I'll go look.

Tags
None