DSP's Amazon Wish List - https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3RGWWKZJKJL5A

JackDavis

kiwifarms.net
I never really thought about it before since DSP has so many lolcow moments.

DSP says that he can't sell the CT condo because he owes more than it's worth. How the hell can DSP possibly still be underwater on the CT condo that he's owned for nearly a decade? Has the value of the condo dropped dramatically? Did he take out a second mortgage on it?
Roughly, he bought it for ~$160k with 100% financing in 2010 and it's worth ~$60k now.

During his SMM2 stream he went on quite the bit about that Hori controller and how the Pro controller's D-pad is trash. Now I don't have a switch so I have no clue, but looking at the reviews for the far cheaper Hori controller I see a few people saying the d-pad is worse than the Pro's. Hori has a good reputation, but this D-pad looks suspicious (one of the features is that it can come off and you can play with the d-buttons underneath). Would love to hear from someone who has a Pro or who has this Hori pad.
Pro controller DPads are bad, and they still are bad. Which is sad because Nintendo has always had great DPads and this gen they come out with the Joycon non-DPad and the Pro controller Dpad which registers diagonals way too often when you just want a cardinal direction. It's not fixed in the new Pro controllers, my Smash pro controller still does it. Tetris99 actually patched in an option to make you hold Up longer to drop a piece to try to mitigate the unwanted diagonals.

If it’s that important to him, he should try the JoyCon in the grips, the four buttons work really well for 2D I put, and if he’s going to splurge, get one of the 8Bitdo retro style controllers and an adapter, but that’s completely unnecessary for the types of games he plays and how casual he plays.
DSP has so many choices and chose the stupidest one. He could have:
- Looked at the reviews of the Hori controller and realized that the DPad sucked and kept using his procontroller
- If he really wanted a new controller, get a decent one like the 8bitdo ones that Trihex is testing out in his SMM2 sessions
- Use the Joycons in a grip, since he's just using the buttons on the horipad and not the dpad
- What he should have done: He already has a Pokken Tournament controller with a great DPad. Use that instead of spending more money.

PieceofShet

kiwifarms.net
Roughly, he bought it for ~$160k with 100% financing in 2010 and it's worth ~$60k now.

Pro controller DPads are bad, and they still are bad. Which is sad because Nintendo has always had great DPads and this gen they come out with the Joycon non-DPad and the Pro controller Dpad which registers diagonals way too often when you just want a cardinal direction. It's not fixed in the new Pro controllers, my Smash pro controller still does it. Tetris99 actually patched in an option to make you hold Up longer to drop a piece to try to mitigate the unwanted diagonals.

DSP has so many choices and chose the stupidest one. He could have:
- Looked at the reviews of the Hori controller and realized that the DPad sucked and kept using his procontroller
- If he really wanted a new controller, get a decent one like the 8bitdo ones that Trihex is testing out in his SMM2 sessions
- Use the Joycons in a grip, since he's just using the buttons on the horipad and not the dpad
- What he should have done: He already has a Pokken Tournament controller with a great DPad. Use that instead of spending more money.
+1 buy an adapter and use ds4 gamepad. IT has the best dpad.

Abe Vigoda

kiwifarms.net
+1 buy an adapter and use ds4 gamepad. IT has the best dpad.
I think 8bitdo’s adapter lets you use any controller and is only like $15. He could throw that on his list and I’m sure someone would buy it. It probably takes like five minutes to set up though so he can’t fit it into his busy schedule.

ZehnBoat

here comes dodo
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 834757
"I don't have time to sit in my office and set up merch! I'M TOO BUSY, I HAVE A FULL LIFE"

> does unnecessary bullshit to his wish list to amp up the begging
(the comment on top is attached to Dragon Quest Builders btw)
i love all the additional ifs/ands/buts

IF.. AT LAUNCH.. MAJOR GAMES

so if he gets it too late, then it's not worth his time, sound good?
HES GOTTA PLAY IT AT LAUHNCH FOR DA VIEWS OKAY?
and by major games, he means 2 games he somewhat knows

Ptolemy

Companion
kiwifarms.net
No, Phil just got the controller and within the first hour of using it was talking about how much of a piece of shit it is to his 300+ person audience, on his recorded stream, and with the fan who bought it public knowledge. Even giving Phil gifts that he specifically asked for gets you shit-talked.
All of this then he takes off the D-Pad just to use the buttons underneath and the controller is fine and he makes no comment about the controller for the rest of the stream. GrazyDream is in the chat apologizing and he doesn't even thank him after he figures out how to get it to work.

Fast forward 4 hours later he is playing Minecraft and someone cheers asking him why he got a broken controller. He proceeds to spaz the fuck out saying the Detractors have created a new meme that the controller is broken. This fucking guy complained for over an hour about the controller and now he memory-holes it and acts like it never happened. For an audience member who watched him complain literally a few hours before how do you reconcile this? You need to be exceptional to watch this guy play games.

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
Couldn’t he just cover the Sega Genesis games with an emulator? He could still get in on the Genesis hype and save $100.
Phil said that getting a Sega Mini is not about the games. He will get it and do an unboxing video. He will showcase all the amazing abilities of the console.

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He will showcase all the amazing abilities of the console.
So, the ability to emulate Genesis games? Possibly poorly?

Sidenote to say that buying one of these mini consoles is one of the saddest, most Boomer-like things any person can do. For slightly more money you can get the materials needed to build yourself a tiny computer that can emulate any game that plays on the first three generations of consoles plus MAME. You can even use Bluetooth controllers with them, so this is actually relevant to Phil's needs. You can put it together and have it running in an afternoon, and if you feel that unconfident in your tech capabilities you can straight up buy one from reputable sellers for about twice the cost.

Nothing like giving money to some corporation for a ~legit~ representation of a part of nerd hobbyist culture.

Dumpster dived waifu

kiwifarms.net
Sidenote to say that buying one of these mini consoles is one of the saddest, most Boomer-like things any person can do. For slightly more money you can get the materials needed to build yourself a tiny computer that can emulate any game that plays on the first three generations of consoles plus MAME. You can even use Bluetooth controllers with them, so this is actually relevant to Phil's needs. You can put it together and have it running in an afternoon, and if you feel that unconfident in your tech capabilities you can straight up buy one from reputable sellers for about twice the cost.

Nothing like giving money to some corporation for a ~legit~ representation of a part of nerd hobbyist culture.
Wait, you mean to tell me that an officially sold cheap raspberry pi inside an okay looking shell setup with an emulator downloaded off of the internet and loaded with ~10 games is a rip off because I could spend just as much to get even more if I'm willing to watch a handful of tutorials and spend maybe an hour of my time? "Dood, I'm a busy adult with responsibilities, I dont have time for all this hubbub. Someone please donate 600$ so I can afford this 40$ piece of one use trash."

Genie The Hedgehog

Gotta Wish Fast
kiwifarms.net
So, the ability to emulate Genesis games? Possibly poorly?

I really like the SNES Classic. UI is great, default games are pretty much all amazing. I hacked the shit out of it of course but it all works wonderfully.

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really like the SNES Classic. UI is great, default games are pretty much all amazing. I hacked the shit out of it of course but it all works wonderfully.
To each their own. Cool that you toyed around with it, though, and I'm honestly floored that there exists an officially-licensed Nintendo product that isn't locked down like Leavenworth.

Reactions: Haunter

JackDavis

kiwifarms.net
DSP knows how to emulate, he's used ZSNES on YT before. It's not about the game, it's about him having a new toy to play on stream and draw in viewers/money.
Advertise that you're playing games on the new build of Kega Fusion or RetroPie and nobody's tuning in. Do an unboxing and gameplay of the "new hotness" of the Genesis Mini and significantly more people will show up.
He had a "ginormous" viewer count when he unboxed the PS4 on Twitch, and while this won't be anywhere close to that, he'll definitely see more people.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
To each their own. Cool that you toyed around with it, though, and I'm honestly floored that there exists an officially-licensed Nintendo product that isn't locked down like Leavenworth.
Nintendo's anti-piracy measures have been shit since the Wii. If I remember right the 3DS hacks even allowed you to download free games straight from Nintendo's own e-shop. One way or another their systems are cake to softmod these days. I can't even remember the last time I bought a DS/3DS game since the flashcarts work so well (and Nintendo can't even seem to detect them on unmodded systems).

Last edited:

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
Nintendo's anti-piracy measures have been shit since the Wii. If I remember right the 3DS hacks even allowed you to download free games straight from Nintendo's own e-shop. One way or another their systems are cake to softmod these days. I can't even remember the last time I bought a DS/3DS game since the flashcarts work so well (and Nintendo can't even seem to detect them on unmodded systems).
The modding/cfw/flashcart scene makes getting games to put on and share with the small humans an absolute joy. All the new pokeymans games that I'm just not gonna shell out for 3 full copies so we can play and trade and such... My R4DS is absolutely stuffed with games. It was the best hand-me-down I could give to introduce a budding gamer into a bunch of genres of games.

Genie The Hedgehog

Gotta Wish Fast
kiwifarms.net
There's a tool you download that flashes the Classic systems into a mode that lets you dump roms into it. It also can support all sorts of emulators, like MAME, NES, Genesis, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA. You can even run PS1 games better than the PS1 Classic can natively. Your hacked games also use the same Save State system and built in UI Nintendo made. It's basically buying a premade Pi with a fancy shell and controllers.

Worth every penny, to me.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
Random thought:

Dave has often shot down the prospect of doing more DSP Tries It videos because he doesn't make enough money in ad revenue on his YouTube archive to cover the $6 he spends on a burger/food item plus the other $30 he spends on the rest of the food in the other bags and make a profit, right? Why doesn't he go through the gouter rim of Amazon and find a bunch of those stupid "As Seen on TV" products or other similarly gimmicky items and add those to his wish list? He could use those dumb things as DSP Tries It bait so he doesn't have to spend money on anything, AND if he liveshtreemed each episode (gotta get that live-reactionary-commentary) he would be able to triple dip on these things. Cheerssubsandtips come in, plus the 25% ad revenue from the archived video (relative to what he made before, if he's to be believed), AND he got the item for free. He'd make a decent amount of coin if he did a few of these a month.

You're welcome for the idea, random PayPig that is trawling the forum for info to pass along to Phil.

ReentryPhantom

Need that money to pay my bills...
kiwifarms.net
Random thought:

Dave has often shot down the prospect of doing more DSP Tries It videos because he doesn't make enough money in ad revenue on his YouTube archive to cover the $6 he spends on a burger/food item plus the other $30 he spends on the rest of the food in the other bags and make a profit, right? Why doesn't he go through the gouter rim of Amazon and find a bunch of those stupid "As Seen on TV" products or other similarly gimmicky items and add those to his wish list? He could use those dumb things as DSP Tries It bait so he doesn't have to spend money on anything, AND if he liveshtreemed each episode (gotta get that live-reactionary-commentary) he would be able to triple dip on these things. Cheerssubsandtips come in, plus the 25% ad revenue from the archived video (relative to what he made before, if he's to be believed), AND he got the item for free. He'd make a decent amount of coin if he did a few of these a month.

You're welcome for the idea, random PayPig that is trawling the forum for info to pass along to Phil.
DELETE THIS!

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino