DSP's Amazon Wish List - https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3RGWWKZJKJL5A

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
We know this to be true as Phil said a number of times he received things off his wishlist and even checked his phone to be sure. You could argue other things on the list aswell, but I limited it to unreported income. Now we cannot be sure he does not report this as income, but I doubt he does. If I wanted to theory craft I doubt he reports big donations like the 1000 USD one and Portal Gun sales either. False Deductions would also be a thing to look at.

In terms of his current taxes, he's in the clear on the wish list stuff since he hasn't had to file anything since making it. Big donations I'm almost positive he reports since they go through PayPal. PayPal automatically generates a tax earnings form for you to file. I believe Twitch/Amazon does the same as well so anything from subs/cheers should be reported as well. Would he have to report the portal gun sale? That seemed more like a private sale as opposed to something he did through his business.

Not emailing them is the right move. I think an actual tax saga would be very interesting, and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't do a deep dive on any kind of financial records DSP released just because his spending has always been such a mystery. If nothing else it'd answer the question of whether he's just been hoarding his money all this time or actively spending it on stupid things/repaying debts etc. But, like with all things Phil, he'll be his own worst enemy. If he is genuinely trying to cheat the system, he'll get caught because of a stupid mistake of his own doing, not from anything us or any other group does.

Kosher Dill

Pumpkin Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
his spending has always been such a mystery. If nothing else it'd answer the question of whether he's just been hoarding his money all this time or actively spending it on stupid things/repaying debts etc.
I'm still of the opinion that he just has some ludicrous amount of credit card debt that he'll be making colossal minimum payments on for the rest of eternity.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Now we cannot be sure he does not report this as income, but I doubt he does. If I wanted to theory craft I doubt he reports big donations like the 1000 USD one and Portal Gun sales either. False Deductions would also be a thing to look at.
DSP is fully aware of the fact he needs to report everything. This is what I posted about that in the Loan & Savings thread three weeks ago:

He pretty much explained during the pre-stream how he'll handle the Amazon wishlist tax-wise.

In short: he stated that he already reports every type of income to his "tahx guy", and that he will do the same with stuff gifted to him through Amazon.

Clip for archival's sake:
View attachment 813818

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the Exceptional Illuminati
kiwifarms.net
DSP is fully aware of the fact he needs to report everything. This is what I posted about that in the Loan & Savings thread three weeks ago:

I didn't catch that I'm sorry, and thank you for the info.

Edit: Sorry for spreading false information, I asked for the post to be deleted to not cause any kind of trolling or time wasting.

Last edited:

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
I'm still of the opinion that he just has some ludicrous amount of credit card debt that he'll be making colossal minimum payments on for the rest of eternity.

That's my personal belief too, but it still begs the question what he's constantly charging to his credit card. In reality, it's probably just really boring purchases that should be mundane but Phil stupidly pays an absurd amount for, like $200 for internet and $50 pizza, but I bet there are at least a couple of entertaining purchases thrown in there.

To stay on topic, I'd also be curious to see if any of the Amazon purchases are Phil buying things himself under the guise of an anonymous fan. When it comes to buying smaller things like $20 credit in gift cards I'm willing to believe it was an actual fan, especially since said fan tends to make a comment about it in chat. But when it is a full game (or enough credit for a full game) without anyone taking chat credit I'm more likely to believe it is Phil.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's my personal belief too, but it still begs the question what he's constantly charging to his credit card. In reality, it's probably just really boring purchases that should be mundane but Phil stupidly pays an absurd amount for, like $200 for internet and $50 pizza, but I bet there are at least a couple of entertaining purchases thrown in there.

To stay on topic, I'd also be curious to see if any of the Amazon purchases are Phil buying things himself under the guise of an anonymous fan. When it comes to buying smaller things like $20 credit in gift cards I'm willing to believe it was an actual fan, especially since said fan tends to make a comment about it in chat. But when it is a full game (or enough credit for a full game) without anyone taking chat credit I'm more likely to believe it is Phil.

I'm pretty sure the recent ones have been legit because they were preceded by someone in chat saying "Hey, I bought you some stuff". Same for the Sega Genesis Mini.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
tinfoil hat conspiracy: its all the same whale logging in via different accounts in an attempt to obfuscate their actions
That absolutely happens to some extent. The person who showed up as "somegoy15555", cheered to ask Phil what type of credits he wanted and then to tell Phil he bought them for him was clearly a burner-type account. Some of the others, though, have been around for a while.

[2019-07-12 17:55:38 UTC] somegoy15555: I want to donate the game check mail for discussion, can only give trough paypal, mod removed my last message and banned me

Sidenote--imagine being so fucking simp that you get banned for asking about donating a game and come back to ask again under a new name.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DSP: i have 30 dollars in Nintendo Switch Credit, if you guys could go on my Amazon Wishlist and buy more so i can purchase Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 this week that would be great. Wow the greed is massively strong with this one.

Well, I know this will come as a surprise, but it worked. Somebody bought at least 1 $35 Nintendo credit for him today (it says July 18th, but that just means it was somebody in Europe).

shekelshoah666

kiwifarms.net
Well, I know this will come as a surprise, but it worked. Somebody bought at least 1 $35 Nintendo credit for him today (it says July 18th, but that just means it was somebody in Europe).
Yep. Ever since I heard him slip it in over the weekend I watched his stream more and more. He would mention how hes doing a coop play through when it comes out (won't say who with) and how he has these cool new emotes but he would also slip in mentions about still needing help getting the game and he even brought up I believe 2 $10 credits sent to him over the last few days directly for the game.

Wish list begging is gonna be insane once "the hardcore gaming season" starts.

Reactions: DankSydePhil

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
Yep. Ever since I heard him slip it in over the weekend I watched his stream more and more. He would mention how hes doing a coop play through when it comes out (won't say who with) and how he has these cool new emotes but he would also slip in mentions about still needing help getting the game and he even brought up I believe 2 $10 credits sent to him over the last few days directly for the game.

Wish list begging is gonna be insane once "the hardcore gaming season" starts.
That's a good point actually and I didn't think about it. He already was front-loading emotes before he even had the game. He absolutely knew was going to get it either way.

Never ceases to amaze me how much shit he can pull to get money from wheelchairs. Also he mentioned how he was complaining about having to pay taxes, and he has no idea how shit works and would have to talk to his tax guy. Also mentioned that this way with gifted switch money he could avoid it.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
tip wishlist email.png

Is this a sign that the whole wish list thing is working out for him in being a minimum-effort revenue stream that's collecting free money?

Maybe @actually can confirm or refute some of the following numbers/conclusions, but looking at my own count, he has received over $2700 in tips since making the wish list public on June 23rd. If (close to being) correct, that sounds like it's pretty much on par with an average three-quarters of a month.

- Patreon: looking at Graphtreon, he's $15 down since June 23rd, so nothing major
- Youtube views/ad income: looking at Socialblade, daily views seem on par with what they usually are
- Twitch subs: 460 at the moment, so pretty average as well, I guess
- Twitch bits: no idea how he has been doing in that regard since June 23rd

So the amount of bits might be the only possible thing standing in the way of the wish list being a success up until now: if cheers are down dramatically compared to what they usually are, then you could say the wish list could have impacted that negatively. If cheers are on par or better, then there's not much standing in the way of the wish list doing its thing: generating extra money for free without having a negative impact on other revenue streams.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Comma, it's hard to say for sure because we don't know exactly how much credit has been purchased. Obviously at least the $60 for DQB2 and probably $60 for UMA3 plus some random credits. I'd say $130-$150 is a reasonable estimate there. Add $80 for the Genesis Mini, and you're around $210 from the Wishlist so far.

Tips so far this month (not including today, and assuming his tips totals are mostly right) is ~$1750. That's down from last month, but last month was also somewhat anomalous with the $1000 tip.

I think we'll have to wait and see the ultimate impact. My guess is that he'll get what amounts to a gifted game every so often, along with random items like the Genesis Mini, but I don't think it's going to become what amounts to a major revenue stream.

CausticMinory

Meanie, fat guy, doesn't like nice guys.
kiwifarms.net
Someone tell Phil to add beard growth pills to his wishlist to fix that patchy goatee.

Although I guess if he did add it, that'd prove to us detractors that he knows it's patchy and not "Translucent white" as he so claims.

Prince Lotor

I'm not an eldritch horror! I'm a human being!
kiwifarms.net
Loyal fan straightcashhomie came through with $60 in PSN credits, so look out for that hot Madden '20 STORY MODE TOMORROW DOOD.
Is that just Swagginz on a sock account or is that an account with it's own unique donation history?
I thought Swagginz was the only person who actually wanted to see Phil play a Madden game, like ever?

Reactions: DankSydePhil