DSP's Bankruptcy Pipe Dream - Spoiler: It's not saying "I'm not paying" like he thinks it is.

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
@That Hedonist Nerd Do Phil and Kathy have to file for bankruptcy jointly as a single unit since they are married? Would this process also discharge Kathy's debt as well?
You can do joint debt and individual debt in the same petition if you want to but you can only declare bankruptcy to discharge your own debt. Any debt each spouse obtained before they got married is her own problem and they would have to decide if they want to keep trying to pay it back or not.

• Informative
Reactions: Prince Lotor

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
So I was playing around in PACER and thought why not search for David Burnell. I got a hit, which looked promising
2019-11-03_3-15-53.png

But it wasn't his dad, this guy lives in Sandy Hook.

But here's a small example of what you can get. And each one of these items in the Docket Report you can click on and you can download them.

2019-11-03_3-21-31.png

twattycake

The Metric System is the tool of the Devil!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is still a buyers market. financing is cheap and you can get huge discounts on cars.

That doesn't make buying an overpriced car you'll never use a good idea though, just a less bad one than doing it in a seller's market. It's like saying you saved money because you bought a 50" TV on Black Friday.

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
It was a buyer's market ohhkayyy? And it was raining so I used my rainy day money moron!!
Honestly, with as little as he uses his car as well as how he doesn't care to do maintenence to one, he should have just gotten a lease.

Hell, he could have even kept a BMW under a lease, you'll see a 328 for $249/month with 10,000 miles /year.

I happen to have an addiction to high performance luxury sports cars. And I exclusively lease them, and just use them for fun. I have a jeep with over 100,000 miles for everything else.

Hell, there are even private leasing companies that exist so you can lease a car the manufacturer won't let you lease, like a corvette.
I'd even think a private firm would be more to Dave's liking, since you don't have to do anything.
I use a private firm now, and when this lease is up next year, they'll drive my new car to me and drive the old one away.

How to look like a million bucks without having a million bucks lol

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, with as little as he uses his car as well as how he doesn't care to do maintenence to one, he should have just gotten a lease.

Hell, he could have even kept a BMW under a lease, you'll see a 328 for $249/month with 10,000 miles /year.

I happen to have an addiction to high performance luxury sports cars. And I exclusively lease them, and just use them for fun. I have a jeep with over 100,000 miles for everything else.

Hell, there are even private leasing companies that exist so you can lease a car the manufacturer won't let you lease, like a corvette.
I'd even think a private firm would be more to Dave's liking, since you don't have to do anything.
I use a private firm now, and when this lease is up next year, they'll drive my new car to me and drive the old one away.

How to look like a million bucks without having a million bucks lol
I disagree. Phil leaves the house once a week to go to Fred Meyer two blocks away. He should pick up a copy of "Nickle Trader" and get a run down POS for $1000. Since it only gets driven 52 times a year it would last forever.

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
I disagree. Phil leaves the house once a week to go to Fred Meyer two blocks away. He should pick up a copy of "Nickle Trader" and get a run down POS for $1000. Since it only gets driven 52 times a year it would last forever.
LOL, alright, you got me there, but you know there's no way he'd do that.
Shit, I bet he hasn't ever driven a car over 50,000 miles in his life.

I had a friend like that. She owned a shitty cockroach infested condo that really needed work. She was a massage therapist that seemed to do as little work as possible, while whining about being broke and burning "money candles".
Always had a new Sonota or whatever Korean car in her spot.

Now that I think about it, she's kind of a chick dsp

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Since when is an 328i high performance or a sports car? High performance Beamer have an M...

Reactions: RemoveKebab

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
Since when is an 328i high performance or a sports car? High performance Beamer have an M...
Wasn't implying a 328 was one. I probably fucked up the grammar somewhere, I was on my phone. I meant to say that leasing can be so much of a cost savings that I can satisfy my addiction without breaking the bank.

Like I'm hoping my next sports car lease will be an Audi R8. Under $1000/mo, vs how much it would cost to finance.

Sorry if I messed up my wording.

MoonRocker

kiwifarms.net
I just grabbed myself a 2019 M4CS for about $2,200/mo. My credit wasn’t the best and I have a co-signer but leasing is absolutely possible for high-end sports cars.

In comparison, a BMW 328i would’ve been something like ~$300ish a month.

I never cared much when people brought up the fact that Phil leases a low-end shitty BMW that wasn’t the full package. Anybody can afford it.

The fact he refuses to downsize other aspects of his life is infuriating.

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
I just grabbed myself a 2019 M4CS for about $2,200/mo. My credit wasn’t the best and I have a co-signer but leasing is absolutely possible for high-end sports cars.

In comparison, a BMW 328i would’ve been something like ~$300ish a month.

I never cared much when people brought up the fact that Phil leases a low-end shitty BMW that wasn’t the full package. Anybody can afford it.

The fact he refuses to downsize other aspects of his life is infuriating.
WUT?
That's the cost of an M8 Comp man.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
He has also demonstrated he thinks bankruptcy is as simple as telling cherry-picked creditors "I can't afford it so I'm not paying, leave me alone," and being done with it.

It is if you don't have any assets at all, or if you are okay with kissing them all goodbye. I don't think DSP is okay with that.

Also no cherry picking, you can't just go pay off your mom who loaned you money for instance and then screw everyone else.

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
So we are discussing sports cars in a thread where the guy admits he only wears shoes once a week when he goes to buy groceries.

A sports car is for a couple of things. First of all, sports. Is Phil going to drive 120 mph to the store 600 feet away? He certainly won't drive on a highway. If Phil had a sports car he would top it out at 35mph.

Second reason to get a sports car is to flaunt your wealth. Phil has no one to flaunt to. No friends. No family. Doesn't leave the house. Whonwoyld know he had a sports car except him and Kat?

On another note, why lease a car and buy a tiny condo? Most people I know buy a car and lease a place. Your car will last until it is undrivable. Your one room condo lasts until you get a girlfriend.

"A one room condo for only $130,000? Fuck yeah"

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
So we are discussing sports cars in a thread where the guy admits he only wears shoes once a week when he goes to buy groceries.

A sports car is for a couple of things. First of all, sports. Is Phil going to drive 120 mph to the store 600 feet away? He certainly won't drive on a highway. If Phil had a sports car he would top it out at 35mph.

Second reason to get a sports car is to flaunt your wealth. Phil has no one to flaunt to. No friends. No family. Doesn't leave the house. Whonwoyld know he had a sports car except him and Kat?

On another note, why lease a car and buy a tiny condo? Most people I know buy a car and lease a place. Your car will last until it is undrivable. Your one room condo lasts until you get a girlfriend.

"A one room condo for only $130,000? Fuck yeah"
When it comes to cars, leasing really allows people to punch above their weight class. I have seen the stupidest things when it comes to sports cars and leases.
You bring up a good point though. That Toyota cant be that much more than his old BMW. Ok, it's like $15,000 more. Still, Dave seems like a guy that would spend that extra money just so he can never use his blinkers.

Reactions: Sparkletor

Schmeckel

Tryptophan Coma
kiwifarms.net
When it comes to cars, leasing really allows people to punch above their weight class. I have seen the stupidest things when it comes to sports cars and leases.
You bring up a good point though. That Toyota cant be that much more than his old BMW. Ok, it's like $15,000 more. Still, Dave seems like a guy that would spend that extra money just so he can never use his blinkers.
He's also the kind of guy who needs to get his muffler bearings repacked, and his blinker fluid topped off.

Tags
None