DSP's Loan & Savings Company -

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
Let’s ignore the fact that IRS gives you options if you can’t pay. Let’s ignore the fact that they offer special forms to fill out to be put on a payment plan for people in his situation. Let’s also ignore the fact that the irs wouldn’t do shit for years but he makes it seem like they are on standby ready to pound his ass on April 16th.

Crunchy Smegma

kiwifarms.net
Let’s ignore the fact that IRS gives you options if you can’t pay. Let’s ignore the fact that they offer special forms to fill out to be put on a payment plan for people in his situation. Let’s also ignore the fact that the irs wouldn’t do shit for years but he makes it seem like they are on standby ready to pound his ass on April 16th.
I don't think that just an IRS payment plan will help Phil. He still has to pay, what, $4,000 (don't quote me on that since its all guessing) in bills+credit card debt every month?

N0thingICanDo

I'm Pressing Buttons (show controller)
kiwifarms.net
According to Phil, once he gets back from his trip to Connecticut, he's going to have to start preparations to sell the house. He's not exaggerating this time, folks. He can barely afford to pay his bills! Those taxes need to be paid! There's nothing else he can do!
View attachment 694810

HINT HINT, PIGGIES, BETTER CONTRIBUTE WHEN HE'S NOT STREAMING. STAYING AT A HOTEL, GOING TO THE ZOO AND EATING AT RESTAURANTS FOR EVERY MEAL ISN'T CHEAP, OKAY?
Nothing will happen. Phil will quickly and quietly claim he was somehow able to come up with enough money to pay his taxes or was able to negotiate a payment plan and move on to the next scam.

I like that the clip ends with a snort, or course he has to end begging with a snort, sell your pigpen you fucking lazy fat scammer

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
I don't think that just an IRS payment plan will help Phil. He still has to pay, what, $4,000 (don't quote me on that since its all guessing) in bills+credit card debt every month?
With a payment plan he can keep the tax scam running all year. Every month will be an emergency where if he misses a payment his house will be sucked into a vortex like the end of Poltergeist.

That Hedonist Nerd

dreN tsinodeH ehT
kiwifarms.net
Not only is the IRS extremely generous when it comes to repayment plans - we're talking they let you go over a decade for the repayment - there's multiple ways he could attack this.
  1. He supposedly has a tax attorney - not just a CPA. The IRS is huge on settling. Those commercials you see around tax time about 'paying pennies on the dollar' - they aren't lies. The IRS is more about 'you understand you fucked up and are working to fix it' than they are about throwing random people in jail. I've seen IRS balances of $35000 being settled for $4000.
  2. Sell the fucking condo. Or rent it out. He talks about how renting it won't work out - but it fucking will. Property Management Companies do all the work. And they take a small amount compared to the services they offer - around 15% if you want them to do everything like break/fix, preventative maintenance, lawncare, etc - I should know, I have a property that I'm doing just that. And yeah, I would have still had to make up the difference if I couldn't get the rent high enough, paying $200/month is better than $1000/month
  3. Voluntary repo of your bmw? Get something cheaper.
  4. Chapter 13 anyone? He'd keep his house, his beemer, etc.
  5. Debt Consolidation companies anyone? They're free and slash a ton of interest due or rate.
The extreme last thing home loan, vehicle loan, credit card companies what you to do is just not pay. I've run into jams several times over the years and every single time all the companies worked with me. He just has to make some calls before it gets too late - after they wrote off the debt. I lost my job when the company closed at the exact worst time - no savings. When I couldn't afford my car anymore, Wells Fargo had me bring it to CarMax and get a buy it now quote then fax it to them. As it happened, I had to pay $100 to close out that loan because it wasn't underwater. No hit to my credit, just says paid off.

Honestly, at this point I'm assuming he's entirely full of shit and isn't in debt at all what he states. No one can be in his mid 30s and this absolutely stupid about what to do. If you google 'I have too much debt help' you get a ton of options presented.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
watch, he'll get little to no money
but he'll get an "anonymous" donation from a long time fan who's never been in chat before
who donated "exactly what he needed" (even though he doesn't know how much he needs)
No, he'll pay some fraction of the total taxes and get put on a payment plan for the rest of it. And he'll bitch about that and how he's overdrawn forever and always.

1. He supposedly has a tax attorney - not just a CPA. The IRS is huge on settling. Those commercials you see around tax time about 'paying pennies on the dollar' - they aren't lies. The IRS is more about 'you understand you fucked up and are working to fix it' than they are about throwing random people in jail. I've seen IRS balances of $35000 being settled for $4000.
  2. Sell the fucking condo. Or rent it out. He talks about how renting it won't work out - but it fucking will. Property Management Companies do all the work. And they take a small amount compared to the services they offer - around 15% if you want them to do everything like break/fix, preventative maintenance, lawncare, etc - I should know, I have a property that I'm doing just that. And yeah, I would have still had to make up the difference if I couldn't get the rent high enough, paying $200/month is better than $1000/month
  3. Voluntary repo of your bmw? Get something cheaper.
Does (1) only apply for more extreme situations (like multiple years of unpaid taxes)? Or is "I'm a dipshit and set aside no money despite having $100k+ in gross income" a good enough reason?

He adamantly refuses to do (2) for some reason and has even said that getting $500-800 a month "isn't worth it". He also seems to think that the management company will take a majority of the rent because he has done no research and wants to make up reasons not to do it.

(3) no longer applies. He returned the BMW a few months before Leanna peaced out and got a new Toyota or Honda, claiming (accurately, in my opinion) that it reduced his monthly payments.

Last edited:

That Hedonist Nerd

dreN tsinodeH ehT
kiwifarms.net
Does (1) only apply for more extreme situations (like multiple years of unpaid taxes)? Or is "I'm a dipshit and set aside no money despite having $100k+ in gross income" a good enough reason?
When I first started with my business - after getting an LLC and all that to be 'legit' - I made a bunch of mistakes. I didn't figure out the quarterly filing thing thing. If you don't know, quarterly filing is an optional thing whereby you can estimate your taxes and pay them in advance. That's the most common setup, but they'll allow you to 'pre-pay' your taxes every month, or week, or whatever arbitrary time period you pick. Anyway, I never had a 'store' before, so I guessed at some things, forgot about others, etc etc.

Now if you screw up with the IRS, you won't find out until the 3rd year. It's just how the audit cycle works I guess. If you screw up in year one, you'll get a letter year 3. One of those audits - which aren't scary nor intrusive. It's basically a letter saying "You told us this, but we calculated X. Which is correct? If it's you, show proof, if us, then etc etc etc"

Anyway, I owed $11000. I used a tax attorney who got me to settle for about half. Cost me like $800 I think. Totally worth it. And I'm just a little guy.

Hell, the IRS is so kind to people you can setup a long-term payment plan online if you have under $50,000 in debt. That's why I don't think he's really in debt. If he was, it's solely to his benefit to show everyone. Show us the income, show us the bills. Just saying "Omg I owe taxes again".

Not to mention, he can literally just not pay his taxes. The IRS won't do shit, except capture any refunds he would get in the future. I'm sure there's a dollar limit to where they'll start calling, but there's no way is the limit like $30,000. I know this because I've also just not paid it when I didn't have it.

Yeah, I've had my mistakes with the IRS, and I know how forgiving they are. Especially when I was consulting for IRS CI (Criminal Investigations) - you need to basically have millions outstanding, never filed your taxes, never stated what your income is before they start to come at you.

They are just not at all as scary as everyone thinks.

Sphadilcastro

kiwifarms.net
According to Phil, once he gets back from his trip to Connecticut, he's going to have to start preparations to sell the house. He's not exaggerating this time, folks. He can barely afford to pay his bills! Those taxes need to be paid! There's nothing else he can do!
View attachment 694810

HINT HINT, PIGGIES, BETTER CONTRIBUTE WHEN HE'S NOT STREAMING. STAYING AT A HOTEL, GOING TO THE ZOO AND EATING AT RESTAURANTS FOR EVERY MEAL ISN'T CHEAP, OKAY?
Nothing will happen. Phil will quickly and quietly claim he was somehow able to come up with enough money to pay his taxes or was able to negotiate a payment plan and move on to the next scam.
We all know he is lying but the question is how. What I think he's hiding is that he intends to sell the house regardless of what he raises between now and April and is using this "emergency" to maximize his income before the move.

Wurstbrot

Basic Understanding Of Time
kiwifarms.net
Never forget his talk, when he got 20k and made nearly to no extra money since then. This payout wasn't even half of what he needed. No event so far helped the way he anticipated. If this keeps up (or rather down) and he still shouts "I'm all good folks I made the money ack ack ack" he really could break his backbone if he can't explain this. Of course, not really, his piggies eat what he serves.

Please let us have this one ray of hope, gout in heaven. Just let his actions have some essential consequences.

Kheapathic

kiwifarms.net
If he really does end up selling the house, I'm gonna need to find something else to for background noise. I seriously never thought this day would come. I never met him, but do remember some of the drama from back in the FGC-IRC and shoryuken.com days.

That aside, reckless theory time. He's selling the WA house and will be moving into his parents house. He'll sell the WA property to help balance out his debts, then take possession of his parents house when they pass. If his dad was good at his job and general life things; I imagine the family home is (or close to being) paid off. So when their time comes, Phil will only have to worry about property taxes. Just speculation, but if he really is going to have to ditch the WA house, I don't see him being able to juggle two CT properties while he's on the west coast... And as exceptional as he is, he knows it, and if not, mama and papa would probably bring it up to him.

That Hedonist Nerd

dreN tsinodeH ehT
kiwifarms.net
We all know he is lying but the question is how. What I think he's hiding is that he intends to sell the house regardless of what he raises between now and April and is using this "emergency" to maximize his income before the move.
Ohhhhhhhh. How about this for a Davespiracy theory:
  • He comes back from CT
  • "Hey guys, bad news, my parents are in a bad way. "
  • "I've thought about this for a long hard time, and I think as their only son, that I need to be there for them as they shuffle off this mortal coil"
  • "So I've decided to sell my house in WA and ordered Kat to move to the condo in CT" (Or, secondary Daveness "Kat fell so in love with my parents, CT, the NorthEast, etc that we've decided to move back while they die"
  • He then hauls his old condo couch into his parents basement and proclaims that he's back in the condo!
  • But, bad news, it's about to be foreclosed on, and if you guys don't give me money the shock could kill my parents!
  • additional profiting
Though really, that sounds like to much of an excellent scheme for him to come up with it.

I honestly feel bad for the cat. He's got to be wallowing in a deep depression, impostor syndrome like a motherfucker, wondering just how long he can tard cum this.

My guess? Once the hair is noticeably grey it's pretty much a death knell. There's a fine line between "Videogamer with anger issues" to "Look, grampa is yelling at his magic picture box again. How sad."

At 36 he can still get a real degree and a real job. Fuck, truck driving will pay $70,000/year. He's been leading into his poor dying parents, it's a perfect, completely acceptable excuse to just end his 'legacy'.
Or, maybe streams 1-2 times a week.
He's not making 'good money', and I don't think he's even done the math to figure out what the 'good money' is. Jeremy Wang, with over 800,000 followers on Twitch and regularly hits 10,000 concurrent viewers only gets about $20,000/month base. He gets more than that, because of sponsorships, pre-rolls, and $5,000 to run a 30 second ad on his YouTube videos. Hell, his monthly donations only hit about $2,500.

Things don't add up. At all. He even gets a tiny fraction of sub money because he's not even a top streamer.
His parents are paying for everything; Kat makes significantly more than we think; something is an outlier.

Kheapathic

kiwifarms.net
Ohhhhhhhh. How about this for a Davespiracy theory:
  • He comes back from CT
  • "Hey guys, bad news, my parents are in a bad way. "
  • "I've thought about this for a long hard time, and I think as their only son, that I need to be there for them as they shuffle off this mortal coil"
  • "So I've decided to sell my house in WA and ordered Kat to move to the condo in CT" (Or, secondary Daveness "Kat fell so in love with my parents, CT, the NorthEast, etc that we've decided to move back while they die"
  • He then hauls his old condo couch into his parents basement and proclaims that he's back in the condo!
  • But, bad news, it's about to be foreclosed on, and if you guys don't give me money the shock could kill my parents!
  • additional profiting
Though really, that sounds like to much of an excellent scheme for him to come up with it.
That's what I was thinking, but he couldn't defend the CT Condo; he always argued it was too small for him and Panda, then given the damage from the fire and such, it's probably uninhabitable without some fixing (been a while since I heard anything, may be wrong). He no doubt would be using his parents as an out (and Kat as a lesser out), and with their home probably being paid off, he'd lose much of his monthly expenses without two-times mortgage/property tax. I could see him and Kat moving in to their house; with the "promise" he'll get his old condo to be livable (which won't happen); he'll get the basement while Kat would get his old room (now the pet cats room). The question though, is who's gonna force this on him. Because I can't see him willingly surrender the WA house without his parents (because no one else could) talk some sense into him.

That Hedonist Nerd

dreN tsinodeH ehT
kiwifarms.net
That's what I was thinking, but he couldn't defend the CT Condo; he always argued it was too small for him and Panda, then given the damage from the fire and such, it's probably uninhabitable without some fixing (been a while since I heard anything, may be wrong). He no doubt would be using his parents as an out (and Kat as a lesser out), and with their home probably being paid off, he'd lose much of his monthly expenses without two-times mortgage/property tax. I could see him and Kat moving in to their house; with the "promise" he'll get his old condo to be livable (which won't happen); he'll get the basement while Kat would get his old room (now the pet cats room). The question though, is who's gonna force this on him. Because I can't see him willingly surrender the WA house without his parents (because no one else could) talk some sense into him.
He's got to know that this is literally his one and only chance to 'bow out gracefully'. I don't know of anything else that ties everything together in a nice little bow, with a happy ending.

His condo has to be in a liveable state, fire marshalls and code enforcement won't let some half burned out condo still exist when it's surrounded by other, perfectly liveable condos. There's no way it's like car insurance, where you don't have to apply the money to fix the car. I'd assume, at least.

Reactions: Haunter

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Hell, the IRS is so kind to people you can setup a long-term payment plan online if you have under $50,000 in debt. That's why I don't think he's really in debt. If he was, it's solely to his benefit to show everyone. Show us the income, show us the bills. Just saying "Omg I owe taxes again".

Not to mention, he can literally just not pay his taxes. The IRS won't do shit, except capture any refunds he would get in the future. I'm sure there's a dollar limit to where they'll start calling, but there's no way is the limit like $30,000. I know this because I've also just not paid it when I didn't have it.
That was my impression as well. I'm just a normie 9-5er who uses TurboTax, so I'm not fully knowledgable about the situation, but my impression is that as long as he files by April 15th, he's fine in the short term. THAT's what the IRS hates; people who don't file at all.

DSP is talking like if he doesn't raise all the funds by April 15th, he'll have to move out immediately. Even I know that's a crock of shit.

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
That was my impression as well. I'm just a normie 9-5er who uses TurboTax, so I'm not fully knowledgable about the situation, but my impression is that as long as he files by April 15th, he's fine in the short term. THAT's what the IRS hates; people who don't file at all.

DSP is talking like if he doesn't raise all the funds by April 15th, he'll have to move out immediately. Even I know that's a crock of shit.
Yes normal people know this bullshit. But a blind moron who cares more about Phil than his sick fiancé, or a widower cuck who uses Phil’s stream as a virtual lovepillow obviously fall for this shit.

That Hedonist Nerd

dreN tsinodeH ehT
kiwifarms.net

Bingo!
Here's the other thing about business and taxes:
You can choose the quarter your fiscal year ends. March 31, June 30, September 30, or December 31.
You don't have to declare what your fiscal year is to the IRS, and you can change it whenever you like (You just close out the year).

Taxes then don't have to be filed until 3 months later. So he could pick March 31, and wouldn't have to pay taxes until June 30th.

And it's almost always at the end of the month, not in the middle! (There's exceptions to this, but assuming he had assistance setting up his company he hopefully doesn't meet those criteria)

Furthermore, the Business and Occupancy Tax fees for Renton are zero if your gross taxable income is under $500,000.
If you're in, say, Seattle proper, then your tax rate is 0.00215 (.215%) on gross income over 100,000.
So if Dave made $100,000 - he'd pay $215.
If he made $1,000,000 then he'd pay... $2,150.
$10,000,000? $21,500 tax.

Don't think he makes 10 million a year.

I mean, Washington state is one of the best places to run a business. If you don't want to write off anything and instead just take the straight tax rate, it's 1.5%. So if he made $100,000 then he'd pay....$100.

Also:
When are Washington business taxes due?
  • Monthly returns are due on the 25th of the following month.
  • Quarterly returns are due on the last day of the month of regular business quarters.
  • Annual returns are due every January 31st following the calendar year.

Reactions: Haunter

Sphadilcastro

kiwifarms.net
Bingo!
Here's the other thing about business and taxes:
You can choose the quarter your fiscal year ends. March 31, June 30, September 30, or December 31.
You don't have to declare what your fiscal year is to the IRS, and you can change it whenever you like (You just close out the year).

Taxes then don't have to be filed until 3 months later. So he could pick March 31, and wouldn't have to pay taxes until June 30th.

And it's almost always at the end of the month, not in the middle! (There's exceptions to this, but assuming he had assistance setting up his company he hopefully doesn't meet those criteria)

Furthermore, the Business and Occupancy Tax fees for Renton are zero if your gross taxable income is under $500,000.
If you're in, say, Seattle proper, then your tax rate is 0.00215 (.215%) on gross income over 100,000.
So if Dave made $100,000 - he'd pay $215.
If he made $1,000,000 then he'd pay... $2,150.
$10,000,000? $21,500 tax.

Don't think he makes 10 million a year.

I mean, Washington state is one of the best places to run a business. If you don't want to write off anything and instead just take the straight tax rate, it's 1.5%. So if he made $100,000 then he'd pay....$100.

Also:
When are Washington business taxes due?
  • Monthly returns are due on the 25th of the following month.
  • Quarterly returns are due on the last day of the month of regular business quarters.
  • Annual returns are due every January 31st following the calendar year.
The $20,000 he supposedly owes is federal income tax not state. Also 1.5% of $100000 is $1500 not $100.

That Hedonist Nerd

dreN tsinodeH ehT
kiwifarms.net
The $20,000 he supposedly owes is federal income tax not state. Also 1.5% of $100000 is $1500 not $100.
Oh, right, I'm shit with percentages.

So, I just did my business shit so it's fresh in my head.
I'm a consultant now. I don't have a physical store or anything.
The smartest way to form your business is as either an S Corp, or an LLC that elects to be taxed as an S Corp. This corp style is made for consultants, streamers, etc - the money is 'pass through'.

Now the biggest difference is with an LLC, Sole Prop, etc you only receive the salary you give yourself. And in addition to income tax, you'd also have to pay Employment, Payroll, and Self-Employment Taxes. On $100,000 that equals $14,581 right now.
However, as an S Corp, I can give myself a salary and/or a funds distribution. If I pay myself a $100,000 salary, I owe $18,290 in Federal Income Taxes, and an additional $14, 581 in SE Taxes, so $32,000 total.

However, I decide to pay myself a salary of $40,000 and give myself a funds distribution of $60,000.
So I pay income tax of $6,120 on that $40,000 salary as well as an additional $4,740 for Payroll, Employment, and Self-Employment taxes for a total of $10,860
I also pay just the income tax on my funds distribution of $60,000 which is $9,140.
Total owed = $20,000.

Now thats before any deductions or exemptions.
Dave talked about writing off part of his mortgage, games, etc on his taxes. You can only do that on the 'salary' portion. So say he writes off $35,000. Then his adjusted net is $5,000. So he would pay $500 in taxes.
Taxes are now $14,380.

There's literally no logical reason he'd file any other way - and a tax attorney or CPA would strongly suggest you file like this, because it means you get the most money.

I just paid my taxes, as an S Corp, since my fiscal year ends 12/31, I have to pay by the 15th 3 months later. Or today.

There's just no way his personal income taxes are that much, especially since he's stated several times he has a tax attorney. No way.
I don't feel morally ok with the whole setting salary to just a little more than what I need to deduct, so I usually set it to 82,500 - 17% bracket. And yeah, turbo tax bitches at me for doing it because I'm not maximizing my return but shit I'd feel dirty otherwise.

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
assuming he had assistance setting up his company
He's a sole proprietor; there is no company.
Renton charges nothing but the state of Washington still does.
your tax rate is 0.00215 (.215%)
I have no idea where you're getting this number. This number isn't listed anywhere in the table of Washington Business and Occupation tax rates.

For those that didn't understand the second post made by @That Hedonist Nerd here's the rundown:

TL;DR DSP has chosen to be lazy and not incorporate and it's costing him a lot of money each year.

Sole proprietor making $100K profit on business activities
  • Sole proprietor receives $100K of profit
  • Federal Taxable Income: $100K - $15,409
  • FICA Taxable Income: $100K - $15,300
  • Take Home: $69,291
LLC that has elected to be taxed as S Corporation making $100K profit on business activities
  • Member is paid wages as $50K and distributes the remaining $50K to himself
  • Member pays federal income taxes on $100K of income - $15,409
  • Member pays FICA taxes on $50K of income - $7,650
  • Take Home: $76,941
LLC that has elected to be taxed as a C Corporation making $100K profit on business activities
  • Shareholder is paid wages as $50K and distributes the remaining $40K ($50K minus 20% corporate income tax) to himself
  • Shareholder pays federal income taxes on $90K - $13,099
  • Shareholder pays FICA taxes on $50K - $7,650
  • Take Home: $69,251
Disclaimer: I specifically took no deductions on the federal income taxes because I wanted to provide a baseline.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino