DSP's Loan & Savings Company -

SmokingPig

What is that on the floor?
kiwifarms.net
OP has been updated with all data from 2019. @SoapQueen1, would you be willing to total up his 2019 income (accounting for his receiving Twitch subs/cheers the following month) and estimate what his taxes for the year are?

Edit: Just a quick note: The amount Phil "earned" in 2019 was roughly between $110k-$120k based on the number I have. This doesn't include anything off-stream unless Phil mentioned it. No teespring, nothing from his parents (read: Mom). This is also NOT the taxable income, because he doesn't get paid for Twitch stuff until the preceeding month. If soapqueen doesn't do it, I'll total up the taxable income later.
Just to chime in real quick, I just don't understand how the hell such a terrible streaming like DSP can be rolling in six figures a year being shit at every game he plays. It seems to me that the people that bash on him, purposefully donate to his God awful streams just to fuck with him at this point. Laughing his way to the bank in some ways, despite him losing his house from the debt collectors have blowing all of his money on WWE toys and microtransactions and the like.

Reactions: Lady Adjani

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just to chime in real quick, I just don't understand how the hell such a terrible streaming like DSP can be rolling in six figures a year being shit at every game he plays. It seems to me that the people that bash on him, purposefully donate to his God awful streams just to fuck with him at this point. Laughing his way to the bank in some ways, despite him losing his house from the debt collectors have blowing all of his money on WWE toys and microtransactions and the like.

Phil has about 3 types of donators, as far as I can tell: 1) actual fans like PlanetJeff, Sidella, and so on; 2) people who think he's a shitbag but get entertainment out of watching him manchild tardrage at stuff, so they feel like they owe something (Phrenelith seems to be a prime example, and thirdeyethethird walks the line between this category and the next); and 3) "trolls" who don't seem to understand that giving Phil money actually reduces the amount of salt generated (people like CodeCastiel and anyone who "troll"-tips or cheers). At this point, Phil has mostly figured out how to not respond to blatant trolling and just silently takes the money or does a "thanks for the money dummy" line and moves on.

The smart trolls get him rolling with tangential comments that aren't direct trolling but are likely to get him going on one of his patented 10-15 minute rants on things he "doesn't care about". That could be Youtube, Tevin, or any number of other topics.

SmokingPig

What is that on the floor?
kiwifarms.net
Phil has about 3 types of donators, as far as I can tell: 1) actual fans like PlanetJeff, Sidella, and so on; 2) people who think he's a shitbag but get entertainment out of watching him manchild tardrage at stuff, so they feel like they owe something (Phrenelith seems to be a prime example, and thirdeyethethird walks the line between this category and the next); and 3) "trolls" who don't seem to understand that giving Phil money actually reduces the amount of salt generated (people like CodeCastiel and anyone who "troll"-tips or cheers). At this point, Phil has mostly figured out how to not respond to blatant trolling and just silently takes the money or does a "thanks for the money dummy" line and moves on.

The smart trolls get him rolling with tangential comments that aren't direct trolling but are likely to get him going on one of his patented 10-15 minute rants on things he "doesn't care about". That could be Youtube, Tevin, or any number of other topics.
Alright then, because I was genuinely puzzled on how the hell people still donate to this guy. I guess it makes a little bit of sense, but paying money for him to sperg-out and or rant about the trolls doesn't seem like a productive way to get the necessary lulz I would require out of DSP at this point and time.

Prince Lotor

I'm not an eldritch horror! I'm a human being!
kiwifarms.net
Oh wow so according to Phil's bankruptcy court filings when comparing his last 6 months reported incom to his estimated income range determined by savvy KiwiFarmers it looks like Phil, for the last 6 months at least, has been making a CPM of $1. . .even during December.

Not gonna lie, I thought Phil was probably making a $2 CPM and possibly a bit higher during November & December but based on his reported income consistently being right near the bottom of our estimated range he's been making a $1 CPM for the last 6 months. . .unless he's been losing like exactly $800 in PayPal chargbacks every single month or something equally anomalous that has been consistent for 6 months.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I thought Phil was probably making a $2 CPM and possibly a bit higher during November & December

It looks like November was a little higher (or he got some behind-the-scenes tips), so maybe the CPM went up then.

darkwingosonichugorl

Let me tell you the potential of my balls.
kiwifarms.net
Oh wow so according to Phil's bankruptcy court filings when comparing his last 6 months reported incom to his estimated income range determined by savvy KiwiFarmers it looks like Phil, for the last 6 months at least, has been making a CPM of $1. . .even during December.
I called this one, tbh. There's no way he's been getting $2 CPM since at least 2018.

Jeffrey Anderson got doxed 14 October, so it's likely November was higher due to his and other "hidden" khantribution(s).

Frogga

🐸
kiwifarms.net
Don’t know if this has been posted before, but streamlabs automatically makes clips every time he gets a donation. Well when they're big enough to get an on screen alert at least.

Here are the biggest tips from the last week:

You can also set it to “all time” but this must be a relatively new feature so it only goes back a few months.

Most recent tips from the past day:

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don’t know if this has been posted before, but streamlabs automatically makes clips every time he gets a donation. Well when they're big enough to get an on screen alert at least.

Here are the biggest tips from the last week:

You can also set it to “all time” but this must be a relatively new feature so it only goes back a few months.

Most recent tips from the past day:

Very helpful. Thanks.

Joshuan Moon

Punished Josh: A Fallen Feeder
kiwifarms.net
There's some discussion related to taxes going on in the 341 thread about Phil playing games with his tips as they relate to taxes. Obviously Uncle Sam doesn't give two fucks how the money was made here; he just wants his cut. Based on this thread there is no way he is wholesale avoiding Federal taxes on his tips. But what about state taxes?

Phil uses a waiter analogy and I wonder if that bit of pigsplaining isn't just him going off on a tangent but actually him trying to preemptively justify some stupid shit he pulls off. If he considers tips optional personal contributions to "Phil the person" and not "his business" then is it possible for B&O purposes he isn't considering them as business income?

After a quick skim through this thread it looks like people have been calculating B&O with the total estimated income. Is there any confirmation that his B&O payments match up with the full gross income or have we just been assuming this whole time he's been paying the full amount?

Reactions: Haunter

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After a quick skim through this thread it looks like people have been calculating B&O with the total estimated income. Is there any confirmation that his B&O payments match up with the full gross income or have we just been assuming this whole time he's been paying the full amount?

TBH, we have no real way to know. The only way I've estimated it before was when he had the 2.5 years of back taxes because he thought he didn't have to pay them. In that instance, he said he owed less than $10,000 but still "thousands". If you took $5,000 as a midpoint, it worked out to an annual gross income (assuming he paid the highest rate of 1.5%) of ~$133,333. We can cross-check that with his federal taxes that he owes from 2018. @SoapQueen1 backed out what his approximate minimum income was, and it came out to like $120,000 (soapqueen can correct me if I'm misremembering).

So we don't know for sure, but the triangulated estimates suggest that he's probably paying taxes on the full income. If he was only paying the 1.5% on the $5000 a month, he would only owe about $900.

Keanu Reeves

kiwifarms.net
Apologies if this is explained earlier or in another thread/FAQ, but what's the next major step in DSP's filings? Another hearing?

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
Apologies if this is explained earlier or in another thread/FAQ, but what's the next major step in DSP's filings? Another hearing?

here homie

there's still a lot more coming, but this is happening next:

a response to the relief from stay, filed by midfirst bank for the CT condo, should be answered to by DSP on 3rd April, and the hearing is on 10th April, then we wait for the outcome

i'm unsure if the 10th April hearing is mandatory or optional for DSP, we'll know if he's taking that specific day off

the trustee has up to 10 days to make a decision on whether or not something is fishy, that would fall on 5th April

2061378F-9B18-4B3F-B719-87C2120EA69B.jpeg