DuckTales thread - Ducktits woohoo

TheMightyMonarch

Yee
kiwifarms.net
Was she this tumblr like?
She was more whiney(I think. Didn't watch a lot of DuckTales as a kid because it originally aired before I was born) I disagree with her being Tumblr like though, especially based on some 20 second dialogue in a overall short clip. Now if she is a complete cunt to the triplets in the actual show for no reason, you might be onto something.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The character was always kind of unnecessary. Not quite a scrappy, but close.
She was there as a "girl viewer" proxy. "If we don't have any girl characters, girls won't watch our show! Put a girl character in, her personality is girl!" basically.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
If I remember correctly slapping in Webby in order to properly be considered a unisex show was pretty moot because she showed up in very few episodes and only had minor roles in most of them. I think there were only two Webby-centric episodes out of 100, both of them came out late in the show's run, and one of them involved being kidnapped. It very much came off like some executive demanded Webby episodes before the series ended.

Pretty much the best thing I can say about Webby though is that she wasn't Bubba the caveduck. I really hated Bubba as a kid.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I remember correctly slapping in Webby in order to properly be considered a unisex show was pretty moot because she showed up in very few episodes and only had minor roles in most of them. I think there were only two Webby-centric episodes out of 100, both of them came out late in the show's run, and one of them involved being kidnapped. It very much came off like some executive demanded Webby episodes before the series ended.

Pretty much the best thing I can say about Webby though is that she wasn't Bubba the caveduck. I really hated Bubba as a kid.
Oh god, I'd forgotten about Bubba...

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, based on childhood memories, I can't call this one much worse based just on this one scene. Of course she's potentially obnoxious, but on the other hand, if her words are supposed to imply Donald's going to show up more often than not, I'm okay with that.

Todesfurcht

Conversationalist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why do Huey, Dewey, and Louie sound like total douchebags?

I really don't understand the choice of giving them adult voice actors, unless they think this show has a chance at being long-running.
(With those voices though, I probably wont be watching)

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Why do Huey, Dewey, and Louie sound like total douchebags?

I really don't understand the choice of giving them adult voice actors, unless they think this show has a chance at being long-running.
(With those voices though, I probably wont be watching)
Those voices were the ones I was questioning the most. Say what you want about Tenant or Launchpad's new voice, they at least fit their characters.

The three of them however, come off as insufferable jock douches due to how they're being voiced. I don't know, maybe it's just the trailer and they'll settle into the roles over time. But I'm not getting my hopes up that much.

kiaralilmami

pineapple on pizza irl
kiwifarms.net
I swear he was on Tailspin a few times.
there was a bear on tailspin that had a similar pilot character IIRC. darkwing duck i dont remember that well, but IIRC doesnt that and ducktales take place in the same universe? would make sense imo.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino