DuckTales thread - Ducktits woohoo

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
To answer the Launchpad question: Launchpad was in Darkwing Duck as well as Ducktales. I think he acted as a sidekick from time to time. There was this weird thing with ducks in the 90's.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
To answer the Launchpad question: Launchpad was in Darkwing Duck as well as Ducktales. I think he acted as a sidekick from time to time. There was this weird thing with ducks in the 90's.
Pretty sure he wasn't in TaleSpin, though.

• Agree
Reactions: Jewelsmakerguy

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A few seconds on google leads me to believe that Launchpad didn't appear on Tailspin. Clearly the integrity of furry continuity is safe.

• Informative
Reactions: Quijibo69

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
there was a bear on tailspin that had a similar pilot character IIRC.
I think I know who you're talking about. I don't remember his name because I wasn't into Tailspin as much as Ducktales (or Rescue Rangers, or Darkwing Duck), but I think he was a mountain lion and a genius mechanic that also fell into the idiot role. The one thing I can remember he did was he dropped Baloo off at a prison camp for that commie soviet country they always had problems with instead of a dieting camp.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I know who you're talking about. I don't remember his name because I wasn't into Tailspin as much as Ducktales (or Rescue Rangers, or Darkwing Duck), but I think he was a mountain lion and a genius mechanic that also fell into the idiot role. The one thing I can remember he did was he dropped Baloo off at a prison camp for that commie soviet country they always had problems with instead of a dieting camp.
Wildcat. I barely watched the show, but I remember his name was Wildcat.

IMG_5773.JPG

Lucky Wildcard

Hollow shell
kiwifarms.net
I can answer the question about Launchpad in Talespin. He's not in the show proper, instead there was an unused DuckTales episode where Launchpad ran his own cargo service. They took that as the inspiration for TaleSpin. There were rumors that he was supposed to be a main character and that it's been planned as a DuckTales spin-off, but that's been debunked.

"Contrary to popular belief, the ‘Tale’ in ‘TaleSpin’ is not an indication that the show was originally planned as a ‘DuckTales’ spinoff starring crash-prone pilot Launchpad McQuack. The rumor comes from a misunderstanding of a statement from ‘TaleSpin’ co-creator Jymn Magon. Magon recalled an old idea from ‘DuckTales’ in which Launchpad was an independent cargo pilot, as opposed to Scrooge’s personal pilot. The abandoned concept was part of the inspiration for ‘TaleSpin,’ but Launchpad was never considered for the starring role. Launchpad did eventually leave Duckburg for St. Canard, becoming Darkwing Duck’s sidekick."

Back on topic, they're releasing small shorts of the characters.

CowReserach Inc.

kiwifarms.net
Was she this tumblr like?
Webby was almost a Toddler in the Original, she had her stuffed toy she carried with her. She did almost nothing except get captured, or made friends with animals that sometimes saved everyone at the last minute. DuckTales was based in Duckberg, Darkwing Duck was based in St Canard, it existed in the same universe, so Launchpad and Gizmoduck both showed up in Darkwing Duck.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Webby's not the only girl character from the show that got a major change.

Check out Mrs. Beakley.

swingbatta

aaaaaaaaaa
kiwifarms.net
I've been keeping up on this since they announced a "Ducktales" reboot a year or two ago. I LOVED the series as a kid (I'm pretty sure I have every episode on VHS), and I was pretty stoked that a good chunk of the Gravity Falls crew's on it.

I've been watching all the shorts as they came out, so the art style's starting to grow on me. I wasn't that put-off by the voices, but again, I watched Gravity Falls, so I'm used to 12-year-olds sounding like grown-ass men.

The title sequence is pretty neat, and I'm so glad they kept the theme song (even if the meter's off in the last line):

Also it looks like Donald's temper is gonna be fucking insane, and I am completely on-board with that.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
If it's more like the latter I think it could possibly be an alright show. If there's too much of the former though, the only ones who are going to latch onto it is Tumblr, and go on forever about how "progressive" it is.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino