DuckTales thread - Ducktits woohoo

UglyOldJafar

kiwifarms.net
Weird theory: It was mentioned by someone on the production theme, that Ducktales may also include scenes in the "past" of Scrooge, like in decades before the nephews joined his adventures. Ludwig van Drake shall supposedly shall show up for those.
theory: One of these older episodes could involve cameo by the characters of TailSpin, as they were supposedly set in an universe meant to represent the 40s or 50s.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still hope for Howard to get in the Duckberg universe.

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Episode 1 debuted today for some reason.

I'm pretty sure it's two episodes at once, given how the framing works [two main plots that are finished within 20 minutes each]. It was better than I really expected, I suppose.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
I'm already warming up to this new series just fine - right out the starting gate, I care about what's going on and who's doing whatever way more than the hot garbage that is Star Vs. (seriously, fuck that show!).

Durenduren

kiwifarms.net
I'm already warming up to this new series just fine - right out the starting gate, I care about what's going on and who's doing whatever way more than the hot garbage that is Star Vs. (seriously, fuck that show!).
This is a ducktales reboot thread, not Shokew's review on why stvfoe sucks #74.

EDIT: can't wait for the premiere though.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Shokew and Trilby

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
I think the one thing that got me in the end as a fan of the Ducks in general...

Duwey: (looking at a pic of Donald, Scroge and a third mysterious duck adventuring) ... mom?

Della Duck is potentially becoming a genuine character. Shut up and take my money, Disney.

Also, Cape Suzette and Spoonersville mentioned as locations
Be interesting to see the TaleSpin crew show up here. There's another show fans latched onto for years without anything new coming out for it.

EDIT: Having been a TaleSpin viewer back in the day, I do feel that way for that show as well. I think it would lend pretty well to this style they're using for DT if they went there.

Last edited:

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Be interesting to see the TaleSpin crew show up here. There's another show fans latched onto for years without anything new coming for it.
Maybe... Just maybe, if this remake does well enough, there might be some encouragement for that, too. Depends on how vocal, without getting too spergy, we can get on that.

Also, we can't get too reliant on just reboots and remakes alone, even if they manage to show this much promise, which this otherwise does so far, IMHO.

Last edited:

Trilby

kiwifarms.net
Maybe if this remake does well, there might be some encouragement for that, too. Depends on how vocal without getting too spergy we can get on that.
True, we do go overboard with what we like to see in these things. TaleSpin already has that 30's pulp magazine/novel feel to it.

• Feels
Reactions: Shokew

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
I found a video of the special on YT for anyone who missed it. I really enjoyed it; the animation flows nicely, the jokes land well and it captures the spirit of the series. Webby takes a bit to get used to, but given that she's been sheltered, didn't get out too much and only had adventure tales to entertain her, I could see why she would be so excited to finally have adventure (in the form of the nephews) being in her grasp. She calms down more in the second half.

We also get to see Glomgold again and he's pretty much the same jerk he was in the original cartoon (wait until you see his employee training video) and I have a feeling we'll be seeing those three henchmen again (the two wolves and the woman with the sword) on a regular basis. There will also be a potential over arcing story line involving what made Scrooge and Donald stop talking and how it could connect with Della (the nephews' mom).

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Good to hear that this new show has a generally good reception so far. I loved the original DuckTales as a kid, so I'll probably give the reboot a shot soon.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
I found a video of the special on YT for anyone who missed it. I really enjoyed it; the animation flows nicely, the jokes land well and it captures the spirit of the series. Webby takes a bit to get used to, but given that she's been sheltered, didn't get out too much and only had adventure tales to entertain her, I could see why she would be so excited to finally have adventure (in the form of the nephews) being in her grasp. She calms down more in the second half.

We also get to see Glomgold again and he's pretty much the same jerk he was in the original cartoon (wait until you see his employee training video) and I have a feeling we'll be seeing those three henchmen again (the two wolves and the woman with the sword) on a regular basis. There will also be a potential over arcing story line involving what made Scrooge and Donald stop talking and how it could connect with Della (the nephews' mom).
I honestly felt the animation was a bit hit and miss outside the action scenes- Sometimes looking decent, other times looking like rather cheap Flash. Donald also felt a little harder than usual to understand at points. The nephews' voices are also going to take a lot of getting used to.

But otherwise, I enjoyed it.

• Agree
Reactions: vertexwindi

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I honestly felt the animation was a bit hit and miss outside the action scenes- Sometimes looking decent, other times looking like rather cheap Flash. Donald also felt a little harder than usual to understand at points. The nephews' voices are also going to take a lot of getting used to.

But otherwise, I enjoyed it.
I had to struggle a bit to understand Donald, but I could understand him for the most part. I never really had too much of a problem with the nephews' new voices.

vertexwindi

Ay yo this beat is bananas
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked it a lot. It reminded me more of the old Carl and Don stories than the cartoon it's supposedly rebooting, but that suits me just fine because the old Duck comics were great.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: XYZpdq and Trilby

Trilby

kiwifarms.net
I liked it a lot. It reminded me more of the old Carl and Don stories than the cartoon it's supposedly rebooting, but that suits me just fine because the old Duck comics were great.
I'm happy for that.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I'll be interested to see what they do with some of the other characters from the old show. I know they're bringing back Doofus, Ludwig Von Drake, Duckworth and Magica.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino