DuckTales thread - Ducktits woohoo

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
I know this is late, but with the previous episode, it's nice to see the gang go on a big adventure and from what I've seen the next episode (on December 2nd) will involve a place called Mt. Neverrest so we can look forward to another one.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
We get another big adventure in this episode and there's a nice twist or two with the history of the mountain and how it keeps people from climbing it. Granted, your milage may vary with Launchpad since he's not that bright in this version, but he still has that goofy charm and can be funny.

There has been a clip floating around of an upcoming episode where the nephews try to throw Scrooge a birthday party (when he hates birthday parties) and we get some clues on Duckworth. My guess was that he was Scrooge's former main servant before Mrs. Beckly came around.

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
Why does a cartoon from 30+ years ago look infinitely better than something brand new in 2018?

And the writing, my god.... Fenton, what did they do to you? "Crackshell-Cabrera"; the most unnatural, nonsensical example of representational pandering I've ever seen.

Imagine if history got this sort of rewrite: "I am John Smith-Gutierrez".

Last edited:

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
I thought it was mostly okay, but the show focused WAY too much on the kids (especially Webby) instead of focusing on where I wanted the focus to go: Scrooge and Donald.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
And the writing, my god.... Fenton, what did they do to you? "Crackshell-Cabrera"; the most unnatural, nonsensical example of representational pandering I've ever seen.
I was concerned about this as well, but aside from the name and making him brown Fenton is unchanged, and nobody puts him on a pedestal for being brown either. Hell, the episode that introduces him reveals Gyro put his "office" in a bathroom. It's actually representation done right.

I thought it was mostly okay, but the show focused WAY too much on the kids (especially Webby) instead of focusing on where I wanted the focus to go: Scrooge and Donald.
Last week's episode focused on Donald and featured a reunion with Jose and Panchito. It was pretty awesome.

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
I was concerned about this as well, but aside from the name and making him brown Fenton is unchanged, and nobody puts him on a pedestal for being brown either. Hell, the episode that introduces him reveals Gyro put his "office" in a bathroom. It's actually representation done right.

Last week's episode focused on Donald and featured a reunion with Jose and Panchito. It was pretty awesome.
Personality wise, he is mostly okay. Nowhere near as charming or interesting as the original though. He's the best one out of everyone I saw. But they changed his mother to be an undercover cop or something; almost like they were afraid to portray a 'minority' like that.

What I noticed most with Fenton was actually Gyro. RIP Gyro.

He's a like a snarky cynic who hates everyone now. In fact, I noticed a lot of attempts to make everyone snarky; that's the new hot thing.

PIKACHU'S SNARKY TOO NOW LOL.

Yeah, nothing coming out of 2018 is going to stay relevant for long.

• Feels
Reactions: Shokew and Trilby

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net

I've noticed a lesson when it comes to Donald in this show and it's about turning weaknesses into a strength. (Also see "House of the Lucky Gander".) Things like Donald's horrid luck, bad singing and inability to know when to quit have actually saved the day.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Webby was almost a Toddler in the Original, she had her stuffed toy she carried with her. She did almost nothing except get captured, or made friends with animals that sometimes saved everyone at the last minute. DuckTales was based in Duckberg, Darkwing Duck was based in St Canard, it existed in the same universe, so Launchpad and Gizmoduck both showed up in Darkwing Duck.
Boom Comics had the original Ducktales and Darkwing Duck comics crossing over (Man that Darkwing Duck comic could get dark as fuck sometimes, they made Cracker Jack a murderer, no joke)

Webby's Boyfriend

resident toon sperg
kiwifarms.net
I am a fan of Carl Barks and Keno Don Rosa who created and build the classic Duckverse.

It is widely known and by far the most popular comicbook franchise in Europe. You can buy Duckverse comics in supermarkets and at gas stations and most children will read at least some of them, except in Finland, where they are banned because Donald does not wear pants.... no seriously, that is a popular urban legend that arose when (((the mayor of Helsinki))) cut funding for youth centres that included the money they used to purchase comics.

This show is loosely based on the comicbooks and includes many homages that you can only get if you know the comics.

E.g the Glomgold episode was based on a change they made for the old DuckTales show. In the comics Glomgold was from South Africa, but the old TV series made him Scottish because in the late 80s the Apartheid regime was at its high. So in the new Show, "Flintheart Glomgold" is a Scottish fake persona created by a South African called Duke Baloney (another name from the comicbooks).

Last edited:

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I am a fan of Carl Barks and Keno Don Rosa who created and build the classic Duckverse.

It is widely known and by far the most popular comicbook franchise in Europe. You can buy Duckverse comics in supermarkets and at gas stations and most children will read at least some of them, except in Finland, where they are banned because Donald does not wear pants.... no seriously, that is a popular urban legend that arose when (((the mayor of Helsinki))) cut funding for youth centres that included the money they used to purchase comics.

This show is loosely based on the comicbooks and includes many homages that you can only get if you know the comics.

E.g the Glomgold episode was based on a change they made for the old DuckTales show. In the comics Glomgold was from South Africa, but the old TV series made him Scottish because in the late 80s the Apartheid regime was at its high. So in the new Show, "Flintheart Glomgold" is a Scottish fake persona created by a South African called Duke Baloney (another name from the comicbooks).
I enjoy those little bits of trivia that they put into the show. The Christmas episode looks like it's going to be fun. (You'll notice Launchpad has a Hannukah sweater on.)

The Estatist

kiwifarms.net
I still don't see the point of Launchpad being here. I know he was one of the major characters from the original, but Launchpad served the role of being a stand-in for Donald as Scrooge's right-hand man/muscle/foil (and in different ways to its credit). Now he doesn't really have much of a role beyond spitting out non-sequiturs, especially since he was changed from an overly optimistic and boisterous man who's "one of the kids" but still functional enough to... Reboot Launchpad.

I also don't see the point of Duckworth being back as a ghost. It doesn't seem like it'll make a difference against any of Scrooge's more deadly enemies AND they already dumped Old Duckworth's suggested background of being Scrooge's oldest friend who stuck by him as he became cut-off on Beakly.

Last edited:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit they actually used The Moon music! I never once even considered it a possibility so it genuinely caught me by surprise. And they referenced the Oxy-chew from the game remake too, that was another nice touch.

• Informative
Reactions: LN 910 and Trilby

The Estatist

kiwifarms.net
I must say, I'm worried that the show will treat Della as more or less another Mabel (that is, makes disastrous and/or shameful decisions that impact those closest to her but never really gets an honest confrontation with her actions). I mean, I don't recall anyone pointing out that just joyriding on a spaceship when you have a set of kids to look after is a mean thing to do (doubly when it's your own brother who gets stuck with them).

• Feels
Reactions: Trilby and LN 910

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I'm glad they didn't make Della a "strong female protagonist" and allowed her to make mistakes and have flaws.
I have a theory that the bet between Glomgold and Scrooge made in the Duke Baloney episode will play into this (it was to see who can earn the most money). Since gold is pretty much useless with the moon people, Scrooge will take the extra gold off of their hands, making enough money to beat Glomgold and win the bet.

• Agree
Reactions: LN 910
L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
What a cartoon that doesn’t shove shit into kid’s faces? Unheard of today.

Seriously this is the first show I can think of in years that is actually legit good for all audiences. Kids aren’t bored by middle aged white women regirgitating their failed college essays as “dialogue” and adults can watch it without becoming crazy people because some gay ship wasn’t canonised.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino