DuckTales thread - Ducktits woohoo

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
It sucks that they gave Della the same personality as Webby. Would've been nice if she resembled her children in some way.
Granted Webby is more excitable and socially exceptional while Della has more of the Duck family temper. But there are some aspects they share. I wonder what more we'll see of Della as the episodes roll along.

I'm personally interested in seeing what they'll do with John D. Rockerduck since he'll be a rival from Scrooge's past and he'll be more of a robber baron.

Webby's Boyfriend

resident toon sperg
kiwifarms.net
I'm personally interested in seeing what they'll do with John D. Rockerduck since he'll be a rival from Scrooge's past and he'll be more of a robber baron.
As far as I heard months ago or so, Rockerduck is supposed to be some kind of robber baron who tricked Scrooge in the past, in this version of the Duck universe. There is a picture that was shown at a convention and shows him dressed like a stereotypical Texan oil baron. In the original Duck universe he has another haircut and wears a standard business suit with a bowler hat. He is supposed to be a "modern" businessmallard in comparison to the older Scrooge and Glomgold, or at least he was in his time, the 1960s when Barks first showed him. In this show, Mark Beaks has taken Rockerduck's place.

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
He is supposed to be a "modern" businessmallard in comparison to the older Scrooge and Glomgold, or at least he was in his time, the 1960s when Barks first showed him. In this show, Mark Beaks has taken Rockerduck's place.
Mark's inclusion into the cast was a stroke of genius. He's such a great parody on those kinds of tech-bros.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
His episode aired last Wednesday.
While it was nice to see Scrooge competing against (and working reluctantly with) Goldie again, it was really fun with having Gyro time travel to the past and interacting with Fenton's ancestor. The bathtub time machine was a nice throwback, too.

In the Air of the Night

Bunny Boiler | Info Farmer
kiwifarms.net
I still don't see the point of Launchpad being here. I know he was one of the major characters from the original, but Launchpad served the role of being a stand-in for Donald as Scrooge's right-hand man/muscle/foil (and in different ways to its credit). Now he doesn't really have much of a role beyond spitting out non-sequiturs, especially since he was changed from an overly optimistic and boisterous man who's "one of the kids" but still functional enough to... Reboot Launchpad.
I've been thinking idea for a while.

So there's an episode on the 17th of May called "The Duck Knight Returns!" and it's a Launchpad episode about Darkwing Duck (kinda). Here's a clip if you care to check it out:

I had this idea that they are slowly transitioning Launchpad for being a McDuck lackey to being with DD in someway (as a 1# fan club president, a co-actor or as a future best friend). With Della being the pilot now and Donald being in the cast making his mere existence unnecessary, it won't surprise me if he will eventually leave to do his own thing. I recall him being a main cast in the original Darkwing Duck (and to be honest from what I seen I think he fits better there).

Now, I've never watched a lot of Darkwing Duck myself, so I like to hear your opinions about it just in case.

Reactions: TchPiKinmup

In the Air of the Night

Bunny Boiler | Info Farmer
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna say this since no one else gave their thoughts yet. This episode is Fucking Brilliant. I legit didn't see it coming. I was excepting the Fan Club President/New Actor to be a bad guy somehow. But the part that ticked me off was when he never said his name until the end.

Jim as Negaduck was a treat and the signs should have been clear it isn't him is one pays attention. I heard that Jim is Drake if he never got Gosalyn and LP with him to ground his ego. Which is why he's more rude and amoral and why we never saw them in the TV show in-universe.

I honestly feel sorry for anyone were angry and jump ship after that reveal about the TV show. Because it ties everything so well with Drake's (who I read as a comic fan in the original too) and Jim (it's a better origin since it makes his heel-turn more organic and makes connections with DD more strong).

My only gripe that we don't get to explore Drake more but I'm sure he'll have an episode dedicated to him like Fenton/Gizmoduck was (introduced in a LP episode as a minor random guy and got a full episode about him later).

P.S. I really liked Fenton's character in this show a lot. Ethnic pandering aside. I can't wait until the two superheroes meet.
That’s a nostalgia blast I was not expecting.

Last edited:

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna say this since no one else gave their thoughts yet. This episode is Fucking Brilliant. I legit didn't see it coming. I was excepting the Fan Club President/New Actor to be a bad guy somehow. But the part that ticked me off was when he never came his name until the end.

Jim as Negaduck was a treat and the signs should have been clear it isn't him is one pays attention. I heard that Jim is Drake if he never got Gosalyn and LP with him to ground his ego. Which is why he's more rude and amoral and why we never saw them in the TV show in-universe.

I honestly feel sorry for anyone were angry and jump ship after that reveal about the TV show. Because it ties everything so well with Drake's (who I read as a comic fan in the original too) and Jim (it's a better origin since it makes his heel-turn more organic and makes connections with DD more strong).

My only gripe that we don't get to explore Drake more but I'm sure he'll have an episode dedicated to him like Fenton/Gizmoduck was (introduced in a LP episode as a minor random guy and got a full episode about him later).

P.S. I really liked Fenton's character in this show a lot. Ethnic pandering aside. I can't wait until the two superheroes meet.
I had a feeling that this Drake would be inspired by the show. I agree, I really like this version of Fenton a lot as well. The race change doesn't even bother me since they handled the character well.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ll admit, for all the crappy remakes Disney has been doing lately with their movies, they have really been nailing Ducktails.

Now give me this Darkwing Duck reboot.

• Agree
Reactions: Yaoi Huntress Earth

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I’ll admit, for all the crappy remakes Disney has been doing lately with their movies, they have really been nailing Ducktails.
This is the show all the other cartoon reboots should be. It doesn't spit in the face of the old fans, it embraces both them and the spirit of the original series while doing it's own thing. And while it doesn't use the same art style the original series did, which is unfortunate in my opinion, it's not using the jellybean head, noodle arm CalArts style almost every other current cartoon is using either, which is a huge plus.

UnKillFill

I'm sorry you had to go through this son...
kiwifarms.net
I don't understand children's programming. No new episode for six months and then they burn through the rest of the season in a week.

Maybe they realized their moon plot was stupid and just wanted to get this shit over with.
Kids today don't have the attention span to wait for up to a week at a time for every new episode. If they aren't dumped and binged, then they're quickly forgotten.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino