Due Process in Africa. -

• The End of Proving Grounds: (Thread) (Update) (Last Call in PG)
    I've enabled GIF avatars across the site again. Don't make me regret this.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cracked actually wrote a really good article on this kind of violent mob "justice". It happened in Kenya, and the subject of the article wasn't actually a thief; he was just trying to borrow something from his friend's house while he wasn't there as they frequently borrowed from each other. He got set on fucking fire by an angry mob for it, although thankfully he survived.

That's the problem with mob justice; not only is it excessive, there's a very high chance of innocent people getting caught up in it.

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
^The aforementioned article is another case. The following is the video:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RI 360

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Only first world faggots who feel pity for a fucking thief on this thread.
I don't know man, running water, modern medicine and free speech are pretty cool benefits of living in a first world country. If there's a bit of lag with the justice system as we suss out who the bike thieves are and what they deserve, that's an acceptable cost to me.

AN/ALR56

Meu avô era do DOPS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know man, running water, modern medicine and free speech are pretty cool benefits of living in a first world country. If there's a bit of lag with the justice system as we suss out who the bike thieves are and what they deserve, that's an acceptable cost to me.
We have all that shit here but I donno man, I live in a pretty violent country (although my state and region and city are basically free havens ). After watching daily news about thief's shooting a mother's head to steal her purse while her 3 year old son looks and then is released a day after because he is underage makes your blood boil and all pity you had for that kind of scum disappears.
And it's not because those people are uncivilized because they are brown or some racist shit like that, once the state fails to exist or to compete against anarchy, then shit like this happens, we humans are really a barbaric and violent species and we need to acknowledge that.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We have all that shit here
Debatable.
After watching daily news about thief's shooting a mother's head to steal her purse while her 3 year old son looks and then is released a day after because he is underage makes your blood boil and all pity you had for that kind of scum disappears.
And it's not because those people are uncivilized because they are brown or some racist shit like that, once the state fails to exist or to compete against anarchy, then shit like this happens, we humans are really a barbaric and violent species and we need to acknowledge that.
Building a legal system based on the standards of a third world country is a bad idea.

Sperglord Dante

Useless Guato
kiwifarms.net
Cracked actually wrote a really good article on this kind of violent mob "justice". It happened in Kenya, and the subject of the article wasn't actually a thief; he was just trying to borrow something from his friend's house while he wasn't there as they frequently borrowed from each other. He got set on fucking fire by an angry mob for it, although thankfully he survived.

That's the problem with mob justice; not only is it excessive, there's a very high chance of innocent people getting caught up in it.
It's almost like, if people took the time and political effort to develop laws and judiciary system instead of lynching random would-be peerps for a reason. That's craaazy, yo.

• Agree
Reactions: Cosmos and Marvin

AN/ALR56

Meu avô era do DOPS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Debatable.

Building a legal system based on the standards of a third world country is a bad idea.
I can't say about Africa but Brazil has most of its people on clean water and electricity, education and medicine and wealth distribution is absolutely shit.
Our justice system is too lenient, fruit of fake torture claims from dictatorship times and fear of discipline and any militaristic concept about law enforcement, mixed with the Marxist idealization of a poor minorities being perfect beings that commit crimes solely because of the evil burgeois imperialism and white supremacy.
Brazil's moral compass is being systematically destroyed by the far left who dominates the media and education system on a misguided ideal of progress.
Living in a slum is now progress, being a slut at 15 years old at a rap party is something normal, fighting the police is now some sort of resistance (despite most of the police being blacks or mixed themselves) funk and rap lyrics about raping white women and killing the police are praised on public television, occupation of schools and colleges and there subsequent pillaging is praised as students being political and not the fact that they are literally brainwashed and rallied by the their Marxist professors ( I know this because I had those teachers in public school).
Brazil being a violent country is a combination of all that+ economic hardship and poor distribution of resources+ lots of corruption
I can't see Africa being much different except for bloody civil wars supplied and instigated by the KGB and CIA and that we developed a large industrial base during ww2 that they never managed to do.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino