Dumb game ideas to get the noggin joggin - OC Do Not Steel!!!1

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A first-person open world game that's deliberately done in the vein of the old FPS games of the 90's such as Doom and its many clones or the similar Build Engine games like Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior.

It would be M-rated, with lots of blood and fanservice elements, and the graphics would be done in a style reminiscent of 90's anime. There would be a wide variety of weapons, enemies, and locations in the game and lots of hidden secrets and all sorts of Easter Eggs.

Of course, one of the hidden secrets has to contain a diss directed at ResetEra, just to see the inevitable temper tantrum on their part.
Ion Maiden checks a lot of those boxes.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
Ion Maiden checks a lot of those boxes.
I have been wanting to play Ion Maiden for a while, actually.

Hmm, I'm wondering if "Doom Clones", tank control survival horror games, and other staples of the PS1/N64 Era will be the new trends of retro-inspired "indie gaming" in the 2020's in the same way that adventure games, 2D platformers, and turn-based RPG's were in the 2010's?

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have been wanting to play Ion Maiden for a while, actually.

Hmm, I'm wondering if "Doom Clones", tank control survival horror games, and other staples of the PS1/N64 Era will be the new trends of retro-inspired "indie gaming" in the 2020's in the same way that adventure games, 2D platformers, and turn-based RPG's were in the 2010's?
It's already in full swing,

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A first-person open world game that's deliberately done in the vein of the old FPS games of the 90's such as Doom and its many clones or the similar Build Engine games like Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior.

It would be M-rated, with lots of blood and fanservice elements, and the graphics would be done in a style reminiscent of 90's anime. There would be a wide variety of weapons, enemies, and locations in the game and lots of hidden secrets and all sorts of Easter Eggs.
A game like this but it's in San Francisco and troons are attacking you by grabbing feces from the ground and throwing it at you, or throwing hypodermic syringes full of either AIDS or HRT. Enough HRT and you troon out yourself.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
I had an idea for another open-world game that's set in 1970's New York City (plus Long Island and New Jersey) and it can be summed up as Grand Theft Auto mixed in with Koei's "Warriors" games.

Hell, if Koei were to make it, I'd call it Street Warriors. I'd have the characters be a mix of fictional OC's and famous real life criminals from that era like John Gotti, Paulie Castellano, Frank Lucas, Henry Hill, and the Son of Sam. Of course, they would be reinterpreted as over-the-top anime characters, same as any other historical figure in a Koei game.

Of course, Koei might need to outsource some of the work to a smaller developer given how badly Dynasty Warriors 9's open world gameplay supposedly was.

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The game: a realistic, educational simulation game designed to teach autistic people how to improve their social abilities by navigating through various social challenges, from going attending college classes, making friends in casual settings, and eventually getting a date. The player has to manage both their virtual avatar and its gaze in addition to multiple-choice conversational interactions with NPCs; do it wrong and the NPCs will be weirded out about how close you are standing to them or how you keep staring at their boobs. Hygiene and wardrobe management will also play a role. Failure conditions will be helpfully explained by text tips that pop up as required by the player's actions, and failing will merely result in having to replay from the last checkpoint; there are no extra lives to run out of or other harsh punishment.

The developer: a bunch of angry, resentful, racist, completely socially incompetent incels who are only a hairs' breadth away from going full Elliot Rodger at any given time, or at least would be if just standing up suddenly didn't make them gasp for breath. Management are completely out-of-touch dipshits and ideally should have just transferred over from a project managing decades-old legacy medical record management software for maximum cluelessness. The incels have full rein over all aspects of the simulated social behavior and are urged by management to make them as realistic as possible; "Just use your own life experience, everybody knows how to socialize!".

The marketing campaign: Lobbyists bribe the US federal Department of Education to mandate buying the game and putting it in all public school computer labs in the US.

I'm confident that this is a recipe for a memorable game that will sell incredibly well and be talked about for decades to come!

LonnieRohn

Buy my games
kiwifarms.net
I had an idea for another open-world game that's set in 1970's New York City (plus Long Island and New Jersey) and it can be summed up as Grand Theft Auto mixed in with Koei's "Warriors" games.

Hell, if Koei were to make it, I'd call it Street Warriors. I'd have the characters be a mix of fictional OC's and famous real life criminals from that era like John Gotti, Paulie Castellano, Frank Lucas, Henry Hill, and the Son of Sam. Of course, they would be reinterpreted as over-the-top anime characters, same as any other historical figure in a Koei game.

Of course, Koei might need to outsource some of the work to a smaller developer given how badly Dynasty Warriors 9's open world gameplay supposedly was.
So like Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance with the emphasis of real life criminals? Nice
Hope there be a DLC of Aussieland criminals

Last edited:
Reactions: Syaoran Li

TendieMan

On thot patrol for all the wrong reasons
kiwifarms.net
Something like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice but it's actually CWC on shrooms

IceGray

"Dude, where's the bus?"
kiwifarms.net
Adaptations of Harry Collingwood's 19th century sea setting mixed with any other Pacific travelogues from the Victorian era (Think shit like Safroni-Middleton), where the gameplay would be similar to Sid Meier's Pirates.

Ideally, you'd be able to customize your swashbuckler's name, gender, and physical color scheme like Burning Sea.

Reactions: AnOminous

Whelp_Bai

kiwifarms.net
Real time strategy/sim where you start a religion. Choose your deities aspects, church laws and hierarchy, and build/manage a temple.

Different aspects require different things like a church for a god of wealth would want expensive alters and ceremonial clothes while a god of death is fine with dust and burlap sacks

Reactions: Bunny Tracks

LonnieRohn

Buy my games
kiwifarms.net
Real time strategy/sim where you start a religion. Choose your deities aspects, church laws and hierarchy, and build/manage a temple.

Different aspects require different things like a church for a god of wealth would want expensive alters and ceremonial clothes while a god of death is fine with dust and burlap sacks
I think there a game similar to your idea called Super Cult Tycoon, it's pretty neat

• Feels
Reactions: Whelp_Bai

Shitassdeaddude

kiwifarms.net
I once had an idea for a game where you play as an off-brand Billy Mays who descends to hell in order to save the souls of the damned. It would be a platformer, but at the end of each chapter instead of a boss you would have to pitch your products to the demons to maximize the amount of souls you get in exchange.

Mein Garten

Mad Cat - Purry road
kiwifarms.net
A Jack Scalfani cooking game where the goal is to give salmonella to as many people as you can before your heart gives out. Max 3 lives.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just read the K-Pop Stans thread

How about a game where you get BTS to help repave your driveway, and you have to hire gangsters with guns to keep the horde of ravenous fans away while the band works on your driveway. On later levels they mow your grass, do your laundry, just whatever kind of general labor because they want to live a normal life for a while and it's up to you to blow a bunch of crazed fans to kingdom come

It's pretty much every tower defense game but zombies are passé and crazy fans are the new zombies

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
I'm thinking someone needs to make an old-school PS1 style survival horror game complete with tank controls, zombies, and the like...but it's also an open world game and maybe you could create your own character too.

I'm actually kind of curious about how one could do a sandbox game but with old-school tank controls and still pull it off successfully.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Pissmaster

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually kind of curious about how one could do a sandbox game but with old-school tank controls and still pull it off successfully.
Immediately my first thought is a YouTube compilation video of a map transition where your directional orientation changes, leading to tons of people just entering the map and running headlong straight into a wall, and having to clumsily rotate around to keep going. Some people would fuck this up immensely, going back and forth between screens, and it'd be hilarious.

• Informative
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None