Dumb game ideas to get the noggin joggin - OC Do Not Steel!!!1

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
A proper official adaptation of George A. Romero's Living Dead trilogy built on the RE Engine

Not just Night, but also Dawn and Day, even if you have to use stand-in names for some of the characters due to the fucked nature of the rights to Dawn and Day.

Dont Mind Me

kiwifarms.net
  • A resistance / survival game based on the seige of sarajevo. With a secret concert from an 80s metal band.
  • An scp game playing as an MTF or a member of one of the cults, bonuses are given based on specialty and its possible to make friends / get on good terms with the humanoid scps
  • A survival horror rpg set in the terminator universe that doesnt suck.

Dick Justice

Where have all the cowdogs gone?
kiwifarms.net
A proper official adaptation of George A. Romero's Living Dead trilogy built on the RE Engine

Not just Night, but also Dawn and Day, even if you have to use stand-in names for some of the characters due to the fucked nature of the rights to Dawn and Day.
It would have to be in vr for the full experience. Maybe add a treadmill and heavy props for all the weapons as well.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Syaoran Li

The Last Stand

O great auditor of the forums...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A sports game where it's a one time purchase for the remainder of the console generation and provide a monthly fee to play with free roster updates and gameplay tweaks.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Save the Loli

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
Viscera Cleanup Detail, but you're cleaning sewers. Unlike VCD there would actually be combat, as you have to occasionally defend yourself against hordes of rats, flushed baby alligators, and the occasional shit-crusted hobo.
Weapons include your shovel, a high pressure washer, and as many turds as you can carry.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
I'd love to see a remake of Resident Evil: Survivor in the new RE engine, either as a side game or as a single-player story DLC to something like Resident Evil 8 or a Code Veronica remake.

While Survivor is one of the least-liked titles in the RE franchise, it is also canon and the concept was good but poorly executed. RE7 proved that there is potential in a first-person Resident Evil game that isn't a rail shooter.

I even had a concept for the remake that can successfully incorporate all the environments and routes of the original into a single main playthrough.

Since RE2 and RE3's remakes made some major changes to the game's events, you could do the same for Survivor.

I'd move the events of the Sheena Island outbreak from mid-November to late October since it would not break the timeline too badly.

As long as Survivor happens after the destruction of Raccoon City on October 1 but before Claire is sent to Rockfort Island in December, it can still work.

There's a reason why I'd like to move the timeline a little earlier. That way the game is set during the Halloween season, which seems cliche but could work in the game's favor with the creepy atmosphere. Like you're traveling through Sheena Island and you see storefronts and rooms that still have tacky Halloween decorations up on the walls, left up by the townsfolk in the midst of the outbreak since they had more pressing concerns. It kind of adds to the dissonant horror atmosphere, like with the birthday party hats and soda bottles from Leon's welcoming party in the original RE2.

Sheena Island has the same bizarre "toy town" architecture that most of the classic Resident Evil settings had, but unlike Raccoon City, it can probably be more easily justified. Sheena Island was always meant to be a small company town in the middle of nowhere and not a city of any kind.

I'd bring back a lot of the old enemies of the first three RE games, although if I were to include Mr X, I'd make him vulnerable to damage this time and have him be a recurring monster instead of having to fight him in groups like in some parts of the original.

Tying back to the Halloween atmosphere, I'd even spring the extra money for licensed music like GTA and Fallout do.

Unlike GTA's car radio or Fallout's Pip-Boy, the music is being played on a pre-programmed loop from various loudspeakers and radios all over town with the implication being that it was for the town's Halloween festival right before the outbreak. You could even splice in some pre-recorded DJ lines or fake commercials for Umbrella products or even things like "Cool Soda" and since it's a pre-outbreak recording, it serves as a good in-universe explanation for why the playlists don't change.

The licensed music itself would be the kind of songs you'd hear at a school Halloween party or a trunk-or-treat at some small town community event, with a few extra tracks thrown in to mix it up.

Bobby Boris Pickett: The Monster Mash

Michael Jackson: Thriller

Whodini: Haunted House of Rock

Dave Edmunds: Creature From The Black Lagoon

Siouxsie and the Banshees: Halloween

Sam Sham & The Pharoahs: Little Red Riding Hood

Blue Oyster Cult: Don't Fear The Reaper

King Harvest: Dancing In The Moonlight

Classics IV: Spooky

Giorgio Moroder: The Chase

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising

Rob Zombie: Dragula

Ray Parker Jr: Ghostbusters

Alice Cooper: The Man Behind The Mask

Dokken: Dream Warriors

Ozzy Osbourne: Bark At The Moon

Warren Zevon: Werewolves of London

Screamin' Jay Hawkins: I Put A Spell On You

Meat Loaf: Hot Patootie

Herbert Chappell: The Gonk

Creature Feature: Aim For The Head

Lady Vamp: Love Song For a Vampire (Club Remix)

Ministry: Everyday is Halloween

The Citizens of Halloween: This Is Halloween

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
kiwifarms.net
A farming game like Harvest Moon, or Stardew Valley that seems completely normal, and stays completely normal until you interact with the one slightly off character enough times, and then the entire game's overworld, and characters start to become really, really creepy, and Silent Hill-esque.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
A farming game like Harvest Moon, or Stardew Valley that seems completely normal at first until you interact with the one slightly off character enough times, and then the entire game's overworld, and characters start to become really, really creepy, and Silent Hill-esque.
Not gonna lie, I think that game would actually be pretty awesome.

I wonder what you think of my ideas for a Resident Evil: Survivor remake? The more I think about it, the more I realize a lot of my ideas could be copied over into an original concept or a proper adaptation of the Romero Living Dead Trilogy.

You could do the "small town Halloween" thing with the campy decorations, Halloween music, and costumed zombies in a mall setting as well, and probably have it work better there.

Bunny Tracks

kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I think that game would actually be pretty awesome.

I wonder what you think of my ideas for a Resident Evil: Survivor remake? The more I think about it, the more I realize a lot of my ideas could be copied over into an original concept or a proper adaptation of the Romero Living Dead Trilogy.

You could do the "small town Halloween" thing with the campy decorations, Halloween music, and costumed zombies in a mall setting as well, and probably have it work better there.
I've never played a RE game outside of that one time at a friend's house, but I think it sounds really good.

I really like the Halloween aesthetic, and especially the music idea. If I could make one suggestion, though, the soundtrack should also include the song Aim For The Head by Creature Feature. The song might be hard to licence, but if you manage to get it, it'll be worth it for both your RE game idea, and your Romero Living Dead Trilogy game idea.

Why?

Because it contains audio clips from the original Night of the Living Dead in it.

• Winner

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
A farming game like Harvest Moon, or Stardew Valley that seems completely normal, and stays completely normal until you interact with the one slightly off character enough times, and then the entire game's overworld, and characters start to become really, really creepy, and Silent Hill-esque.
The surprise/shock of that would be ruined thanks to the internet, unless it only happens to a small subset of players. Things can be tied to the steam-id of the players account and that could be a neat way of "seeding" it. Account numbers that ends in 37 gets the cursed copy, 1 in a 100 chance, then with time that changes from a single digit and it opens to more and more players until everyone is fighting off flesh-turnips with a shovel.

Something like this would also mean that you are intimately familiar with the world and where everything is which turns survival-horror on its head in a very interesting way.

Your idea really got the noggin' joggin' with possibilities. In the initial warm and fuzzy Stardew Valley section of the game you learn to know the townspeople and forge relationships with them, the dating/romance option then turns from considering taking them out on a date to considering splitting their skull open because SOMEONE in the village have a fucking fragment of Ur growing in their brain.

Turns out the real friends were the skeletons you made along the way.

Bunny Tracks

kiwifarms.net
The surprise/shock of that would be ruined thanks to the internet, unless it only happens to a small subset of players. Things can be tied to the steam-id of the players account and that could be a neat way of "seeding" it. Account numbers that ends in 37 gets the cursed copy, 1 in a 100 chance, then with time that changes from a single digit and it opens to more and more players until everyone is fighting off flesh-turnips with a shovel.

Something like this would also mean that you are intimately familiar with the world and where everything is which turns survival-horror on its head in a very interesting way.

Your idea really got the noggin' joggin' with possibilities. In the initial warm and fuzzy Stardew Valley section of the game you learn to know the townspeople and forge relationships with them, the dating/romance option then turns from considering taking them out on a date to considering splitting their skull open because SOMEONE in the village have a fucking fragment of Ur growing in their brain.

Turns out the real friends were the skeletons you made along the way.
See, what I was thinking is that the game would secretly have two plotlines. The normal one would always be the default one with nothing in-game ever suggesting even the slightest possibility of there being a darker one. Nothing would be creepy, unsettling, or even hint at something much worse being at play at all. All the NPCs would be friendly, normal, non-aggressive, and just as clueless as the player.

The only thing that would be out of place would be the unexpectedly creepy character, and that character would be the only way to ever access the dark game.

I haven't fully fleshed it out yet, but I was thinking the creepy character would be this creepy child that while he does have a loving home with an equally loving guardian, his behavior is bizarre, and unsettling. He would never be violent, or gruesome, or anything like that. He'd just act creepy, and say bizarre, and disturbing things. Some of his behaviors would involve things like wandering alone outside during heavy rainstorms, ending up in places he just shouldn't be able to get to, always being dirty, and appearing emaciated even though his guardian takes care of him very well, his eyes would be huge, and unblinking, and always have a thousand yard stare to them, and he would always be very asocial, quiet, and the few times he did talk, his dialogue would unnerving, and weird.

Like with his behavior, his dialogue would never mention violence, death, or anything like that. It would just weird, and creepy. The best example for what I have in mind is one Meryl's lines from Harvest Moon: Magical Melody.
"I planted...some flowers. While...planting, I forgot about many things."
Vague, creepy, almost nonsensical shit like that. His own dialogue would also never hint to the dark game mode either.

Another thing to note is that he would not important to the normal story at all. You could play the entire main plotline, and never have to interact with him whatsoever. If I was forced to, I might make it so he has one, or two sidequests involving him, but outside of that, the player could act like he didn't exist. The sidequests would also not suggest, nor hint that something much darker was at play.

I'm not what the exact sequence of events would have to be for the dark game to trigger outside of having interacting with the creepy character. This is the part that stumps me.

I do know that once you got to the darker mode, you'd basically just being trying to farm in Silent Hill.

The player character would have to struggle through trying to grow his crops in the poor soil in the foggy, and decaying overworld so that he doesn't starve to death, (there would be a hunger meter, and your character would die if it ran out. Your livestock would all be turned into monsters and/or have just into rotting, unusable carcasses so you wouldn't just be able to use them for free, easy food. All the fish in the river would suffer the same fate so you could no longer fish either.) while trying to hide from the other villagers who have been turned into Silent Hill-esque, Junji Ito-esque monsters who roam around the overworld trying to kill you. If the player had gotten married, and had children, their spouse, and children would also be turned into monsters and trying to kill them.

The player's farm would not be a safe zone, and the now monster villagers can, and will be attracted to the sound of you farming so you'd have to be quick, and quiet about it.

There'd be no weapons in the game, and the only way to fend off the monsters would be by using your farm tools which can break, and become unusable. New tools could be crafted, but only after you learned how to craft them from the books found in the library, NPC houses or ones' purchasable via catalog, or something. In the dark mode, the catalog becomes unusable, and the library, and NPC houses would by inhabited their former owners now turned into terrifying hellbeasts when they're not roaming the overworld trying to find the player.

You'd also need the materials to craft them, and good luck getting them when everything is trying to kill you, and you can barely see more five feet in front of you.

You wouldn't be able to leave the village due to the entire place seemingly being ripped from the ground, and being suspended an unknown, but deadly height in the air, making escape impossible.

Finally, the creepy character would be dead, and the player would just find his corpse lying in the spot where the player character first triggered the event. All the monsters would leave his body alone, and unlike all the other corpses in the game, his would never rot.

I can't think of a way to ever fix what had happened, or why it all even happened in the first place. Personally, I think it's scarier that way.

That's all I have right now.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
On the back of Animal Crossing, I really wish there were more NPC interaction games. Terraria and Starbound have those portions where you can build rooms and invite in NPCs, and in Starbound even charge rent. I want a game set in literally any universe; medieval, fantasy, sci-fi, whatever, in which you basically just play the role of a caretaker in some respect; tavern, inn, major, city builder, and you just have to deal with other characters doing things you'd expect in a game. Some fancy-ass hero showing up and wanting the best room imaginable, paid depending on how well you do, and then move on. Nothing that lasts longer than a few days or weeks. Maybe something akin a hotel where you can get anything from long-term resident that sit in the lounge every day to busy bees that you got very few hours every day to treat well.

I really like the idea of Animal Crossing having that "finally, I got that one villager" vibe. The kind of games that attempt this style of game always just make the characters forgettable and randomly generated. Sims for example, despite having a lot of nobody residents, always have those "the" characters. The Goths, the obvious alien, the military family. When did a game last create a catalogue of characters akin Animal Crossing?

One way I've thought of this genre in the past is more in relation to a normal city builder. You build up a city, whatever, but instead of random disasters, it's things like dragon attacks or orc raids. Monthly pillaging until you take action. You build a tavern, stuff it with heroes, treat them to gear and food, and then whether they succeed or not affects your town. There is so little variables in city builders these days. Once you hit a sweet spot of generating more resources than you spend, there's nothing to do. Random disasters is such a cheap mechanic to just upset and ruin your accomplishments. Now, if they were part of your game and you had to deal with, such as aforementioned hero tavern concept, it'd be something worth doing.

Kingdoms and Castles on Steam sort of does this, but it's just viking raids and dragons you need to build towers for. It's defensive. It's never offensive, because obviously it'd be tough to do in a city builder, but that's wher ethis sort of mission system through a tavern could work. I remember one Early Access game on Steam that was basically sold like Warcraft 3. You had to build buildings, units, fend off enemies, but it was in the style of an actual builder and not an RTS. You created combat units and sent them out like you would in Warcraft 3, but it was just sort of to defeat nests or a boss. It was the same concept but in an RTS style instead of a 'prepare units and click Send Out'.

I feel indie builders have been really promising lately so maybe it'll happen one day.

Reactions: FluffyTehFennekin

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
The more I've been thinking on it, I think my idea for a Resident Evil: Survivor remake with the creepy small town Halloween party atmosphere might work best if done as an original game not tied to any specific IP.

You'd still have the old school Romero-inspired zombies as the main enemy alongside other more deadly enemies like human psychopaths who survived the initial outbreak in the town, escaped mutants, and maybe even supernatural threats that emerged in town during the chaos,

I'd do it as a survival horror FPS, and another element to add as part of the creep factor is that some of the zombies would be wearing Halloween costumes, having been turned at the town festival. It could also double as a nod to Romero's films, which often had unusually dressed zombies in the crowd like the blink-and-you miss it nude zombie in Night, the Hare Krishna zombie in Dawn, or the clown in Day.

Reactions: Bunny Tracks

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Your livestock would all be turned into monsters
I was thinking about that. The cows eyes starts growing on stalks along with other other deformities, but they still behave as cows and aren't hostile just creepy as fuck. They no longer produce tard cum though, it's something else that you collect.

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
I always thought it would be cool if there was a game that really did give you lots of choices and consequences with multiple outcomes, but in order for it to work, in my humble layman opinion, would be to limit the game's number of characters and settings. Example: it takes place in house with one or two rooms and there are two or three characters involved.

In my own imagination, it's something like Animal Crossing but with a quasi-GTA vibe to it. For example: you can choose to lock out your friend or roommate, or let them in and attack them for no reason and deal with those consequences, or do something nice for them, or do nothing at all. Every choice you make has an instant reaction.

It would be the closest thing to having a video game imitate the way real life works, but again it would only be possible under very constrained settings because of the amount of programming and assets needed to make it work that way.

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
An Anarchy Reigns style brawler, but the playable characters are monsters form the Scoooby-Doo franchise. The game's equivalent to finishing moves/fatalities would be summoning the Scooby gang after knocking out your opponent, who then gets unmasked and arrested.

Tags
None