Dumb Shit on Wikipedia -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

KingQueen

President of the Eddie Dzial Fanclub #teameddie
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
Found this on the article about the Seinfeld episode about the neon Kenny Rogers sign.

The Chicken Roaster.png

This is obviously really fucking stupid, but I think my favorite detail is after all the academic bullshit, there's that single out-of-place sentence about Michael Richards winning an Emmy, which is also the only sentence that's about the episode's critical reception.

3119967d0c

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wikipedia has hit six million articles.

There was early speculation that the Ministry of Planning of Somaliland- something actually important- was the six millionth article. But no. Apparently it's about Maria Elise Turner Lauder, "a 19th-century Canadian school teacher, travel writer and fiction writer" who self-published some travel books.

She obviously doesn't meet the notability guidelines, as numerous editors have pointed out, but it's unlikely the article is deleted (as it should be) because it was created by a prominent Wikipedia editor, a fat woman who lives in California and who has her own Wikipedia article which talks about her Wikiediting activities on Wikipedia. I will not draw attention to her ethnicity or speculate on it further.

Some Random Soul

Ain't it random tho?
kiwifarms.net
Wikipedia has hit six million articles.

There was early speculation that the Ministry of Planning of Somaliland- something actually important- was the six millionth article. But no. Apparently it's about Maria Elise Turner Lauder, "a 19th-century Canadian school teacher, travel writer and fiction writer" who self-published some travel books.

She obviously doesn't meet the notability guidelines, as numerous editors have pointed out, but it's unlikely the article is deleted (as it should be) because it was created by a prominent Wikipedia editor, a fat woman who lives in California and who has her own Wikipedia article which talks about her Wikiediting activities on Wikipedia. I will not draw attention to her ethnicity or speculate on it further.
I wonder if Coffee even read the article before writing that response or if he's just shilling for Rosie on gut instinct.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: 3119967d0c

3119967d0c

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's pretty emblematic of current Wikipedia that the six millionth article is literally about an absolute nobody of no significance solely thrown in for political reasons.
It's actually even worse than that! They have no proof it was the six millionth article. They openly admit they picked that one from about twenty solely for political reasons.
I like the basic idea, but I think it's too many items to digest. I propose we highlight Maria Elise Turner Lauder as the six millionth, and then we hand select ones you listed above to demonstrate the variety of what we cover. How does that sound? -- Fuzheado | Talk 21:17, 23 January 2020 (UTC)
They lied. But then, lying is basically the Wikipedia motto.

BiggerChungus

that'll hold em alwight
kiwifarms.net
There's an article about someone's Twitter account that I think is only up because it's anti-Brexit and got talked about by some anti-Brexit reporter. Remember that they've removed articles about real journalists and politicians for not being notable enough.
This is "noteworthy" now. But I bet they won't let me make an article about a random hentaiposting account, even if it'd be equally (ir)relevant as this crap.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's actually even worse than that! They have no proof it was the six millionth article. They openly admit they picked that one from about twenty solely for political reasons.
So they picked an embarrassing piece of shit on purpose.

Wikipedia is dead. Anyone who cites it in anything, even in high school, should be flunked completely.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Who even are the contributors to Wikipedia nowadays? Everything I see seems like a mixture of pop culture TV Tropes-level spergs, woke types using it to push their agendas on current events (including volunteers/paid editors working for activist groups), and just plain paid editors working to promote companies, people, and places. Like Gibraltar's tourism board or similar group was a few years ago caught hiring people to edit Wikipedia and push Gibraltar-related articles to the forefront.

This is where you get shit like how the featured article half the time is an obscure 30s-50s Indonesian movie while the "Did You Know..." section routinely references some random Korean/Japanese celebrity (usually singer or voice actor), some random historical feminism/homo-related thing, some random factoid related to whatever the media is sperging about Trump/Brexit/Russia, and something related to Gibraltar.

It seems like the rest of Wikipedia is running on a skeleton crew of the old autists who used to dump walls of text about whatever subject there. Which is too bad since without them Wikipedia will have endless articles but no in-depth content making it practically useless for it's intended purpose.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Who even are the contributors to Wikipedia nowadays? Everything I see seems like a mixture of pop culture TV Tropes-level spergs, woke types using it to push their agendas on current events (including volunteers/paid editors working for activist groups), and just plain paid editors working to promote companies, people, and places.
The wokeshit scum have moved in in the vacuum of anything resembling responsible governance. While it always trended left, it used to have a lot of people who were still dedicated to something akin to objectivity. You could always point to instances where articles were biased, but you wouldn't just get driven out for doing nothing but editing them if you cited the kind of shit that was considered "reliable source" everywhere.

Even when there were massive wars over some article or set of articles, the usual resolution was banning a few people from both sides of it, usually the ones who had spilled the most spaghetti, and then moving on. Now, some sets of articles, anything related to GamerGate being most obvious, simply just have one opinion allowed, and absolute garbage "sources" are good enough so long as they espouse the right opinion, i.e. that it was literal Nazis who murdered dozens of women, never mind that all the "sources" on it are trash.

BiggerChungus

that'll hold em alwight
kiwifarms.net
The wokeshit scum have moved in in the vacuum of anything resembling responsible governance. While it always trended left, it used to have a lot of people who were still dedicated to something akin to objectivity. You could always point to instances where articles were biased, but you wouldn't just get driven out for doing nothing but editing them if you cited the kind of shit that was considered "reliable source" everywhere.

Even when there were massive wars over some article or set of articles, the usual resolution was banning a few people from both sides of it, usually the ones who had spilled the most spaghetti, and then moving on. Now, some sets of articles, anything related to GamerGate being most obvious, simply just have one opinion allowed, and absolute garbage "sources" are good enough so long as they espouse the right opinion, i.e. that it was literal Nazis who murdered dozens of women, never mind that all the "sources" on it are trash.
The article about that gay Mexican dude that Crowder got into a fight with was pretty much locked down and any edits at all implying he was anything less than muh poor victum were reverted almost instantly. Ton of more examples too. Wokipedia abandoned neutrality a long time ago.

• Informative
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

The Jumping Dwarf

I'm offendered if misgendered
kiwifarms.net
Flea, of all people, got a dedicated Wikipedia page. No, not Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers. Flea from Chrono Trigger.

There's already a Characters of Chrono Trigger page that should suffice for everyone of note in the game, but Flea, one of three gimmick enemies that show up in Magus' Castle as his underlings, gets his own dedicated page. Why?

BECAUSE HE'S TRANS, even though he only shows up like twice and for a few minutes as a sub-boss. And he's not actually trans, it's just a bit of gender fuckery to give the character a gimmick (like the other two, Ozzie and Slash, also named after rock stars). It was never meant to be taken seriously, but you know, Wikipedia.

Bonus: a guy calling the Wikipedia faggots on their forced westernization pronoun bullshit on the talk page:

View attachment 1071642
After reading this I just had to check the article on Birdo.

If you don't know, Birdo is a recurring character in the Super Mario series. The games like to be ambiguous about her true gender because she's weird and ugly. It's basically Nintendo making a "lol troons" joke under the radar.

Naturally, the Wikipedia article contains this piece of crippling autism:

Birdo has been the subject of discussion relating to her gender identity and has been regarded as transgender, queer, and/or genderfluid.[38][10][39] She has become a trans icon due to her gender identity.[40][41] She has been credited as an early transgender character in video games.[42][10][40] The manual excerpt from Super Mario Bros. 2about Birdo's gender did not receive attention until some time after the game's release. Writer Di Lorenzo Fantoni suggested that this was because few people read the manual or because no one cared about Birdo's gender at the time. Fantoni also compared the Captain Rainbow scene to the later bathroom debates regarding trans people. Lorenzo also suggests that Nintendo does not know what to do with Birdo and that changes to Birdo's character are made to match present-day morals.[10][10]Author Sam Greer was critical of Birdo's portrayal, stating that her gender had become a "running joke" and was the "subject of much derision and stereotyping."[43] Paste Magazine's Jennifer Unkle criticized Birdo as a caricturized trans person and as an example of Nintendo's poor handling of gender identity in general.[44]

It is speculated by Wired's Chris Kohler that the gender issue was retconned to make her a cisgender female, while video game developer Jennifer Diane Reitz suggests that she may have undergone gender reassignment surgery.[11][45] Writer Andrew Webster of The Escapist used the history of Birdo in the lead-in to his article, commenting on the changes Nintendo has made to hide Birdo's gender status.[46]
I especially like how speculation that an egg spitting trumpet-dinosaur got her dick cut off and has a neovagina, written by some no-name tranny writer of MLP fanfiction, is apparently worthy of Wikipedia :story:.

Cool kitties club

Confederate states of trans cat boys
kiwifarms.net
A thing cannot be feminist and postfeminist at the same time. It's literally a backlash against feminism. This is exceptional and makes me mad on the internet.
TLDR: They just want to call a random movie feminist but cant cope with it being am action movie with sex appeal

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Found something strange on the Atommwafen Division page:
View attachment 1123297

Say what you want about how Andy is a grifter or a liar its strange to see him in the atommwaffen page. Like the two aren't even comparable how can you compare Proud boys being immature boy scouts to an actual terrorist organization.
The Talk page for the article on Andy Ngo is interesting. The article itself is mainly quotes from Buzzfeed and Huffpost. However there's a push on the Talk page for the part on him being attacked to be deleted or changed to 'alleged' while at the same time detailing him orchestrating attacks on Antifa based on nothing but Op Ed pieces.

Captain Hastings Official

"Good Lord..."
kiwifarms.net
Naturally, the Wikipedia article contains this piece of crippling autism:

I especially like how speculation that an egg spitting trumpet-dinosaur got her dick cut off and has a neovagina, written by some no-name tranny writer of MLP fanfiction, is apparently worthy of Wikipedia :story:.
>Game developer Jennifer Diane Reitz

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Citing "her" as a source on anything is a shockingly deep low for Wikipedia.

Tags
wikipedia