Dumbest things you got in trouble for at school -

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
I never got that, isn't it the parent's property?

In 10th grade my spanish teacher took my video game magazine because I was reading it instead of doing classwork. My mother walked in and told the teacher that she understood, and she'll make sure I don't bring video game magazines to school again. She refused to return the magazine. At that point my mom made it clear that since she paid for it, it was her property and if she didn't return it immediately she would be going to the police.

Then in the car my mom smacked me with said magazine and told me to never put her in that situation again.

Space Lobster Bat

Only Weakness: Boiling Water
kiwifarms.net
Been reading since I was really young, always had an interest in writing, so a lot of issues were from that....

In elementary school (I think second), I actually wrote a short story. It was like two pages, but had a beginning middle and ending. Turned it in for... some project. Teacher threw a fit. Parents got called in, got accused of writing it for me, then when they denied it, I got accused of plagarizing... something (Teacher couldn't say what, obviously), and they demanded to know what I ripped off. Parents backed me up though, and kept the story. It was also the first time they told me 'If something shitty happens with the teachers, you tell us, we got your back'.

There was also the time in the same elementary school that I got in huge trouble for reading too much during summer break. They wanted to keep track of all the books the kids read over summer, and the school got a prize if we hit a certain amount. I got into triple digits... again, parents got called in, I was accused of lying, they were accused of lying for me, I had to take a test on random books I had read... So fun.

I also ended up helping getting the counselor of that school fired for gross mishandling of an incident.

That school was fucked up, now that I think about it. At least I was kind of prepared for getting shit on in middle and high school...

NoGamersAllowed

Both a great ally and a real dumbass
kiwifarms.net
Back in 9th Grade, I said "Free my boi Weinstein out of the slammer" during recess and my teacher got angry and said that Sexual assault is not a joke. Then this boy in my class started white-knighting her even though I didn't say anything to her and just made an stupid joke. (This is coming from the same kid who draw a swatiska on the board and didn't get in trouble BTW)

I Love Beef

お前わもう。。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I've also had teachers attempt to confiscate library books (yes even the school library books) I was reading in class because they deemed it inappropriate. Back in middle school I would read books about mythology and of course they would have nude paintings in them. Now as a kid I thought nothing of the nudity because I was more interested in the mythological creatures I would use as inspiration for my art. I actually got into more trouble with my parents regarding that, but that's another story.
You know, this brings to mind of something I've wanted to speak up about. I remember back in elementary in after school study hall for homework studies that I went into the shelf that was built into the counter at the corner and found a bunch of magazines with a lot of cool info in them. As I was looking into them, one of the heads asked me where I got it, and immediately told me to put it back. Apparently they were teacher's aides. What was I reading? Information on Imperial Chinese society. Keep in mind, this is the same school library where I could check out graphic books on ancient Aztec Civilization on sacrificial ceremonies and had books on Native American horror stories and monsters.

Ever since then, I've always held suspicion that schools and the Department of Education are deliberately trying to control the flow of information the public is allowed to access to. BTW, Fuck School.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
So, I don't know if this really counts but in High School my best friends where the biggest drug dealer in the school, and the star soccer player. Anyways one day we were meeting a guy to hand off some weed at a local play ground and after the dude walks away with his weed the dealer turns to me and the soccer player with a shit eating grin and says "I just got that guy addicted to crack" which is about the time I realized he had been lacing all the weed he sold and subsequently why he famously had the best weed in town. Fortunately, I have never smoked weed and never plan to and so I was like "Dude, that's fucked up." and the soccer player says "Yeah but that dude's definitely going to come back for more." The stupid part is that I kept hanging out with them after that. I never got called to the principal for it or anything but the SRO knew me by name and was always watching me.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
I wasn't allowed to participate in keyboarding/typing class because I was "too good with computers" and they feared I'd hack them.

They weren't even networked and used Mavis Beacon.

Also my Dad got pissed that I destroyed the lawn while experimenting with my Super Soaker and a jerry can of gasoline.

PROTIP: the plastic nozzles melt.
They were right to fear your hacking prowess.

When I was in keyboarding class I actually did cheat by changing my grade, not by actual hacking or anything. For some reason there was an option to change the results of your session in the program itself that students could get access to. So I'd just speed through the session and change the result at the end so I could play Runescape.

Never got caught.

Last edited:

codeswhitchsperer

kiwifarms.net

When I was in keyboarding class I actually did cheat by changing my grade, not by actual hacking or anything. For some reason there was an option to change the results of you session in the program itself that students could get access to. So I'd just speed through the session and change the result at the end so I could play Runescape.

Never got caught.

Based! I never did cheat or seriously lie, for some reason I was always a "white hat". I didn't really start "lying" (social engineering) until my Dad ripped the phone jack out of the wall in frustration with not being able to use the phone.

I figured out how to repair the jack on my own (was pretty impressed with my 11 year old self) and pretended that it was still broken, just made sure to dialup when he went to bed.

I consider that my first "phreak".

Aberforth

'Cuse me while I kiss this guy
kiwifarms.net
I brought a Digimon action figure to elementary school. The teachers didn't like how pointy it was.

At least I got it back. Unlike the Yu-Gi-Oh pen I was disassembling in 1st grade. I was just curious about its inner workings!

Managed to get in mild trouble playing funny flash games on Nickelodeon's website. The teacher didn't mind until I got to the dog sniffing one. May have been the reason the site got blocked.

FuckedUp

Professional Glowposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

When I was in keyboarding class I actually did cheat by changing my grade, not by actual hacking or anything. For some reason there was an option to change the results of your session in the program itself that students could get access to. So I'd just speed through the session and change the result at the end so I could play Runescape.

Never got caught.
Last summer I was taking an online class, and the professor allowed you to retake tests twice, and see what questions you got wrong before retaking. So I'd half-ass my first attempt, do a full-page screencap of my answer choices before submitting, then look everything up and write the open-response questions in Notepad to copy-paste in as soon as I started my second and get an easy 100. I don't think this was technically academic dishonesty...

Botchy Galoop

Socially Distant
kiwifarms.net
Been reading since I was really young, always had an interest in writing, so a lot of issues were from that....
I can sure relate to that. I come from a family of readers and one of my first memories were those magnetic alphabet letter that you could put on the fridge, plus my parents always read to me. Somehow or other I had decoded how to read by the time I was about 3. When I went to kindergarten, my mom got bitched out by the teacher because I could already read. The teacher said that I missed out on the joy of learning to read with my peers. I think my peers were all at the eating paste level of their development. As far as I'm concerned, school is one of the most creativity slaying things to ever happen to young minds. I also suspect that a lot of Kiwis experienced the same.

Kiwi Lime Pie

So tasteful, it's spooky. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
In first grade, in music class we were playing hangman for some reason, and when it was my turn I thought it'd be funny to say "fart". Kids laughed of course, but the music teacher got in my face and he said slowly to never say that word again, and then my teacher pulled me aside before recess to give me a scolding about saying inappropriate words.
In 8th grade English class, we had a lesson on the difference between "who" and "whom." When asked to give examples of each being used properly, the popular athlete in our class offered, "Who farted?" as an example. At least half the class expected him to receive after-school detention for using a bad word. Surprisingly, our teacher despite her initial shock and our gasps and laughter didn't react negatively and continued the lesson as if it was no big deal.

Some of these may be repeats from my Share Your School Stories posts, but I'll keep them brief and on-topic.

I also discovered that some teachers really hated it if you were just sitting quietly and drawing in class. I could be done with classwork and not have anything else to do, so I would just pass the time doodling in a sketchbook or on a piece of paper. It didn't matter what I was drawing, they claimed I was distracting/disrupting the class by doing it. I don't know if they hated art or just wanted their students doing assignments all day.
In 8th grade, a substitute yelled at me for having my head down on my desk once I finished the current class' assignment and all the other homework I had up to that point. She refused to believe I had all my work for the morning done already.

Little-Me would get so worked up about it I'd be practically sobbing cause when you're 7, getting in trouble is like getting convicted of war crimes.
I ended up crying like this in 5th grade when I was told a classmate accused me of calling her a bitch even though I never heard of the word until that moment. After denying the accusation, I was told, "She doesn't lie," and my only choices were to confess or be sent to the principal who would suspend me. Given the principal's negative reputation, I figured confessing to something I didn't do was the lesser evil even though I hated the fact both our teacher and the guidance counselor bullied me into it and refused to even consider my side of the story. I always suspected another classmate who loved using dirty language did it and somehow managed to get away with it because he was more popular than I was at the time.

Other dumb things that led to trouble:

1st grade: My neighbor and I received pink disciplinary slips to take home because we slid on a patch of ice between the playground and the cafeteria on the way to lunch. Contrary to what was alleged, we didn't push or run into anyone. We simply glided on the ice as if we were skating. Still, both my neighbor and I got more than an earful from our parents when we came home.

2nd grade: A classmate and I chose to go back to our classroom early after lunch recess. Our teacher found us, yelled at us, and made us go back outside only to immediately call us back inside because recess had just ended by this point. We might have understood her disapproval had she told us we couldn't be in the classroom unattended, but she never brought that up in yelling at us.

7th grade: The same teacher from the 5th grade bitch incident removed me from the gifted student group with the claim I had too many missing assignments. When I asked both my regular teachers about this, however, both stated I had no missing assignments at all. Needless to say, any respect I still had for my old 5th grade teacher largely disappeared after this; I felt a teacher that would bully a student into a false confession and later lie about having missing assignments was total BS.

8th grade: After liking a short film so much I wished we could see it again, I was scolded for telling the teacher in my best Bogart voice, "Play it again, (first name)." To add insult to injury, she actually told my parents about this at parent-teacher conferences even though we had two other guys in my class who said much worse stuff on a near-daily basis and never seemed to get into any sort of serious trouble for it.

Also in 8th grade, the playground monitor with a reputation for being mean made me stay inside the school entrance because I didn't have a jacket to wear even though it was 50 out (10 Celsius). Oddly, another student without a jacket and no explanation for the lack of one was allowed to keep playing because they were a classmate of one of her kids As an aside, it was amazing that many students and parents alike were fully aware of this preferential treatment that occurred quite frequently during the school year while teachers and staff refused to believe it happened.

12th grade: After finishing an AP English research project early, a classmate and I chose to quietly play cards until we were dismissed at the end of our class period. A particularly old and nasty librarian ree'd at us for it and told our equally nasty teacher. The next day, we were told we had to write formal apologies to the librarian (I purposely misspelled her last name just to be an edgelord) and a 500-word essay on the evils of card-playing. Had she not ended up with a brain aneurysm a week or so later (and never taught again after that), I have a feeling she was set to tell our parents at the upcoming parent-teacher conferences what awful monsters we were for the horrible crime of quietly playing cards in the library to pass the time after finishing our project.
(Edits for clarity & a typo.)

Last edited:

kūhaku

I've become bored of a world like that.
kiwifarms.net
Doublepost because I remembered something else

In 3rd grade, I was just fidgeting and playing with my hands in another world, have ADHD and had trouble paying attention. Teacher was showing some pictures to the class that he took from some foreign country, sees me not paying attention and then makes a big deal out of it and stops showing the pictures to everyone, just because I was being quitely autistic. Don't remember exactly if everyone got mad at me, but sure felt like it. This same teacher, at one point also I forget the reason, said "CUT THE DIARRHEA name" loudly and everyone looked at me. I forget what I was doing, but it was absolutely not deserving of that. That teacher apparently also might have hit a kid, he kept fake or real brains in jars around the classroom (the table that he liked the most got the half goat brain, oh boy), he was abusive to all the kids that weren't model children in the class (including me), and half the time he was out of class on the phone with his divorce lawyer. Got fired after we finished the year, wonder why.

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
I can sure relate to that. I come from a family of readers and one of my first memories were those magnetic alphabet letter that you could put on the fridge, plus my parents always read to me. Somehow or other I had decoded how to read by the time I was about 3. When I went to kindergarten, my mom got bitched out by the teacher because I could already read. The teacher said that I missed out on the joy of learning to read with my peers. I think my peers were all at the eating paste level of their development. As far as I'm concerned, school is one of the most creativity slaying things to ever happen to young minds. I also suspect that a lot of Kiwis experienced the same.
Same here. I wanted to learn to read, my mom taught me. She still has the first time I wrote my own name when I was 3 (the first letter takes up the entire page)

codeswhitchsperer

kiwifarms.net

I have a similar story but I was straight up mentally tortured.

SSF2T Old User

True peace can only be found in the cold darkness
kiwifarms.net
In middle school (grade six through eight), the assistant principle knew me on a first name basis because near the end of grade 6, all the girls discovered the word "sexual harassment" and decided to use me as "Target #1" just because I was the only guy that was interested in women (basically I was the boy that was thinking about being married at age 5 while everyone else was going through the "cootie" phase). If I looked at them differently, "sexual harassment". If i complimented them on their hair or eyes, "sexual harassment". If I asked to borrow a pencil, "sexual harassment". And considering i was constantly picked on in school, it was everyone's word against mine, so the detention room was my second home for a long time. Thankfully in High School everyone left me alone so i didn't have to deal with that shit all the way through graduation.

Chan Fan

Not Mossad
kiwifarms.net
In the lunchroom in elementary school we had lunch ladies with megaphones who would yell at us the entire time about talking too loud. The cafeteria wasn't near any classrooms so I'm not sure why they cared so much. Worse still was they would make us hold our hands in the air for a few minutes at a time so we couldn't use that part of our 20-minute lunch to eat.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only thing I’m grateful to my school for is teaching me how to talk my way out of trouble. I should have got into way more trouble than I did, but I was really good at appearing totally innocent - coming up with excuses on the spot, seeming genuinely confused when accused, half-truths, knowing what worked on which teachers, whatever. In retrospect I was a manipulative little bastard and I should have become a conman.

But I remember the one time I actually got detention was for an incredibly dumb reason. We had this one geography teacher who was so old that he may have witnessed continental drift firsthand. He was really anal retentive about presentation and gave me a detention because I used a single underline in a heading where I should have used a double. I couldn’t talk my way out of it because it was so petty that my powers were useless.

Tags
None