Dumbest things you got in trouble for at school -

Kiwi Lime Pie

So tasteful, it's spooky. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Your school must have not had that many problem students if a well-meaning joke got you into that much shit.
It was a private school, so we may not have had all the issues and crap that happens at public schools, but we still had our share of problem and trouble-making students. Like any school, students whose families had the right connections or influence seemed to get away with more or received disproportionately less (or no) discipline than those not part of the "in crowd." As an example, the foul-mouth classmate I mentioned in my previous post also tried to grope one or more classmates in 7th grade. Because his parents were seen as "pillars of the community" for all the volunteer time they invested at the school, he was able to get away with his awful language and behavior more than someone whose family lacked name recognition or the ability to spend every waking hour volunteering in some capacity or another.

You're right, though. Making such a big deal about using a teacher's first name was an overreaction; even I thought it was one at the time. She told me not to do that when it happened, and I didn't do it after that. One would think that was sufficient to satisfactorily resolve the issue without getting parents involved unless it were to happen again. 🤷‍♂️

Turns out she was tenured, nothing he could do about it.
After going from a private K-8 school to a public high school, the reality of tenured teachers was a bit harsh. While most of my high school teachers were decent and took a legitimate interest in their student's well-being and success, there were those teachers that were incompetent, forgetful due to old age, lazy, rude to students, or indifferent to the point they didn't give a fuck what happened in their classroom all because they knew having tenure meant they could stay in their positions as long as they pleased no matter how poor their teaching skills were.

Last edited:

JYBlowsIt

ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE
kiwifarms.net
When I was 4, I pointed at another kid and tattled on her for saying 'shoot' and got in trouble for it. To this day, I still don't know for sure what I did wrong, because they insisted I knew exactly what I did.

I guess they were teaching me that snitches get stitches.

Saffronette

🍖Meat Muncher🍖
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember in 2nd grade we had some stupid christmas singing thing for parents and we were dressed up as ornaments and me and my best friend were just talking because it was stupid af and we had time out for recess for a few days
I had a similar indecent happen on 2 occasions. During my 3rd grade christmas musical rehearsals; I was kicked of it out due to yelling at kids who were bullying me. The teacher decided to punish me by yelling at me for not being quiet and not punishing the other kids who kept bothering me the entire time. I had to stay in detention while the musical was going on and I never told my parents because I knew they would react badly to that situation.

In 5th grade a DARE officer came to my school lecturing us to stay away from drugs and gang violence. They gave us a booklet that we had to write an essay in it about how we should promise to be good, law-abiding children. I didn't see the point in writing an essay about it because my dad was also a cop and I got the same lectures at home. By the end of all the DARE lessons all the students had to turn in their essays and just returned my booklet like it was nothing. The officer pulled me outside the classroom and gave me a long lecture about how I was putting myself in danger by not writing the essay. Because of this, I wasn't allowed to go the pizza party they were going to have at the school. I pretty much said screw it and faked sick the day before the party, so that I wouldn't be put into detention again. I guess it worked out because the church I was going to had a fun event for kids so I went to that instead.

FuckedUp

Professional Glowposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was a private school, so we may not have had all the issues and crap that happens at public schools, but we still had our share of problem and trouble-making students. Like any school, students whose families had the right connections or influence seemed to get away with more or received disproportionately less (or no) discipline than those not part of the "in crowd." As an example, the foul-mouth classmate I mentioned in my previous post also tried to grope one or more classmates in 7th grade. Because his parents were seen as "pillars of the community" for all the volunteer time they invested at the school, he was able to get away with his awful language and behavior more than someone whose family lacked name recognition or the ability to spend every waking hour volunteering in some capacity or another.

You're right, though. Making such a big deal about using a teacher's first name was an overreaction; even I thought it was one at the time. She told me not to do that when it happened, and I didn't do it after that. One would think that was sufficient to satisfactorily resolve the issue without getting parents involved unless it were to happen again. 🤷‍♂️

After going from a private K-8 school to a public high school, the reality of tenured teachers was a bit harsh. While most of my high school teachers were decent and took a legitimate interest in their student's well-being and success, there were those teachers that were incompetent, forgetful due to old age, lazy, rude to students, or indifferent to the point they didn't give a fuck what happened in their classroom all because they knew having tenure meant they could stay in their positions as long as they pleased no matter how poor their teaching skills were.
Is this seriously normal? I went to public school and never heard of students having the "right connections" and tenured high school teachers until now.

Kiwi Lime Pie

So tasteful, it's spooky. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Is this seriously normal? I went to public school and never heard of students having the "right connections" and tenured high school teachers until now.
My K-8 school was a private school where being in the right clique had its benefits. That's where the talk about connections took place.

Teachers in US public K-12 schools tend to be unionized and receive tenure after completing a probationary period. While the idea is that tenured teachers shouldn't be dismissed without good cause, a side effect is that unions use tenure as a way to fight any attempts to dimiss teachers that perfrom their job poorly or have one reason or another why they need to be let go.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net

I've seen tenure save good and bad teachers alike. In my opinion tenure is a problem without a solution. If we take tenure away from teacher then inevitably we are going to expose them to the chaos of wild career ending accusations. You think the bitchy cheerleaders are a bunch of backstabbing gossips? You should take a look in a teacher's lounge once in a while.

Last edited:

codeswhitchsperer

kiwifarms.net

Crystal Golem

Candy plz
kiwifarms.net
I'm completely shit at math so I was in the dum dum math class with all the ne'er-do-wells. Now I was a quiet kid but I could roll with the punches and make fun of myself so my classmates actually kinda liked me. The teacher however was the opposite. She was in her late thirties but her hair had clearly been full white for a number of years(not a diss to premature greying this will be important later). As you might imagine an over-educated, uptight woman with social issues didn't do too well in front of a class full of skids and wiggers. At first I kinda sympathized with her over the class's behavior but she would do real stupid shit to the kids who actually were trying to learn like act smugly superior and sending you out in the hall to figure out the problems yourself if you weren't getting it. I experienced both of those personally even though I was one of the few kids who were guaranteed to stay quiet and listen.

Now the loud wiggers in this class were crude and obnoxious but they weren't stupid by a long shot and they would prove this any chance they got by quickly and corretly answering any smug questions she'd shoot out. This got the teacher REAL mad so she started changing tactics to trying to pick on us quiet kids hoping the loud kids would turn on us. This blew up in her face and the wiggers just shamed and chided her for being a total bitch to the kids she should be teaching. The biggest nerd in that class wouldn't be made fun of so long as she was in the room. This continued leading to her having several breakdowns and barricading herself in the staff office at the end of the hall and a couple of cancelled classes.

So finally one day she hit her limit and told her biggest critic to go see the principal. This guy was like 7 feet tall and probably 350 lbs. but he was the least likely to do anything physical to anyone and was mostly just a ceaseless motormouth. So as you can imagine he's stalling, refusing to go and chewing her out but he eventually walks out razzing her the whole way the entire class including me is laughing at the shit teachers ability to control any of this and how mad she is getting. Never at any time was he aggressive or even alluding to anything physical but we get in the next day and he's been suspended for threatening the teacher.

Then our dick vice principal comes in and takes a group of us out to an empty classroom stands behind me and puts his hands on MY shoulders and lectures us for the whole period, says he let our parents know and that suspensions are coming if we don't stop. I was one of the quietest kids in that whole school and to be honest with you a bit of a brown noser up to that point. Why the fuck I would even be in that group never mind singled out to be focused on has stayed with me and obviously triggered me enough to make me write all this shit. Oh yeah the white hair thing... So years later one of the guys from the class that I kept in touch with said he had pumped gas for that teacher's husband and they got to talking about punk and the husband let slip that they had done too much acid at a punk show one time and her hair went white after that. I don't know if that was true but it would explain how mentally fragile the bitch was. The guy wasn't a liar and my only experience with acid was such a low dose that it was basically advanced shrooms so I tend to believe him.

TL;DR I was lectured by a handsy VP for laughing at an exceptional teacher

AssRock

Probably drunk
kiwifarms.net
In middle school at some shitty Christian private school, my class was given permission to go off of school property and visit a convenience store on the last day of school before summer. The principal then decided that we no longer had permission and gave all of us a week of in school suspension and we were forced to do a lot of manual labor because school was out for the summer and the teachers weren't working. It was some supreme bullshit.

In high school, I got in trouble because I didn't stop my friend from jumping out of the window towards the end of our pre-cal class.

Because I'm totally his babysitter/parent/wrangler or something.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A few stories including people other than me:
My friend Alex got yelled at for coughing in class. Not a fake, disruptive, cough, but a nasty, wet, bronchitis cough. He'd been out sick for ages. To be fair he was known as a class clown but jesus, let the poor man deal with his phlegm.
He also got sent to the office for what I can only assume was the teacher being sick of looking at him. She told him to go and he responded with an "okeydokey!" and skipped down the hallway.

My turbocunt PE teacher loved giving detentions like it was her fetish. The sight of fresh printed detention slips waiting to be filled was the only thing that could bring moisture to her airid vagina. She gave a detention to someone for taking too long in the locker room (like, by one minute) and being late to lunch. LUNCH.

Both myself and another person I know have got detentions for taking too long of a dump. I do understand that showing up super late (in my case) or being gone 10 minutes ( in his case) looks pretty suspicious but forcing what feels like an entire watermellon out of ones asshole takes some time, ok?

Niggernerd

Hol up *siiiiiiiiip* nigga
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember getting in trouble for sleeping in a class i didn't even need to take.

Reactions: BSC

Hate

Love to hate.
kiwifarms.net
Got yelled at for giggling, mind you, at some guys joke who was sitting in front of me. The guys who were cracking jokes didn't even get a warning.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc
Tags
None