We are still using version 44.12 (which as of January 28th is no longer the latest version)
Please make sure you get 44.12 from the Bay12 website or it comes packaged with your LazyNewbPack of choice.
☼The Game so far☼ (24-3-2020)
Our fort is "Ace Vermin the Crucifixion of Fools” located at the foot of an active volcano.
Year 1 - The Embark of AnOminous
Year 2 - The Folly of Some Manajerk
Year 3 - The Gentrification of Trigger Me Timbers
Year 4 - The Expansion of Book Thievery
Year 5 - The Mystery of Vecr
Year 6 - The Coleslaw Wars
This is only a preliminary roster, you are free to change when your turn its, right now it's organized by first come first serve (with AnOminous going first as requested)
- AnOminous - Finished Year 1
- Some Manajerk - Finished Year 2
- Polyboros2 - DNF
- Urist Steelthrone - DNR
- Trigger Me Timbers - Finished Year 3
- Book Thievery - Finished Year 4
- Disc - DNF
- Vecr - Finished Year 5
- Coleslaw - Finished Year 6
- Sandwichu - DNR
- Mr. Pestilence - DNR
- Paranoid Bastard -
- An Ghost
- reptile baht spaniard rid
On the Bench
Seasons greetings Kiwis, if you haven't guessed by the title I am kicking off the 2020 Dwarf Fortress succession fort!
This can be considered the Pre-game prep so you all have time to re-download DF since you played it once, though it had potential but didn't stick with it because of your weak moral character. Well, this can be an excuse to get sucked in again!To those unaware, the concept of a succession fort is simple. We each take a turn at the fortress, lasting exactly one year (with the exception of the first turn, which begins two weeks late). You can really do whatever you want with the fortress, with the exception of intentionally destroying it—keyword being "intentionally." After that, take the save file from the data folder, zip it, and post it to the Internet for the next person to use. This process will continue until the fortress is dead.
In this thread we will decide the start date (IRL date), embark parameters and get a headcount for anyone who wants to play.
HOW DO I JOIN IN THIS FANTASTIC ADVENTURE?
Anyone who wants a turn, simply post saying that you do and you'll be added to the list. All turns will have a maximum play time of 2 weeks. Simply put the year must be started, ended and uploaded within those 2 weeks. Anyone who can't keep up to that time limit will be skipped over, regardless of how far in they are.
Finally, anyone who wants to play but is scared they'll fuck everything up, don't be, the games tagline is "Losing is fun" for a reason.
GET DWARF FORTRESS:
First, Get the game. The base game in all its ASCII glory can be found on the bay12 website: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/ we will be using the
If your only ironically autistic then you can use the LazyNewbPack which has a lot of useful helpers and graphics packs
Windows LNP: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076
MacOS LNP: https://github.com/alexchandel/starter-pack/releases/tag/v0.44.12-r02-mac-beta
Linux LNP: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163211.0
WHEN DO WE PLAY?:
January but not sure when yet, feel free to post when is good for you, I am penciling in the 2nd week of Jan for now but that can change.
WHATS THE WORLD/EMBARK:
We will vote for the embark in the thread and the word will be generated according to the poll results.
GAME soft GUIDELINES:
Pretty lax formal rules, but here are some points I want to hit (these are my ideas but if you don't like them feel free to call me out);
- DFhack is allowed but ask you only use it for performance tweaks and not to use Teleport, Start fire, Armoks Blessing etc...
- Try to keep the main population center on a single level to make screen capping easier on all of us, obviously, you can use as many z-levels as you like.
- Feel free to RP & Document, let's be honest, we all want to be the next Boatmurdered and a part of that forts success was the characters that came out of it.
- Potato PC's & Noobs can go first, if you're a wagecuck who owns a potato then you may want to go first when the game is less CPU intensive, also newer players will normally do better in the early game.
- Temperature is ON to ensure !!FUN!! (Unless enough potato PCs veto)
- Name your Dwarf! - You can name an in-game dwarf with your user name so you can remain in the world, you can also name notible dwarfs but ask you don't name them all like there your Pokémon or some shit.
- Share saves wherever you fancy as long as people can DL it without logging into a 3rd part website
With that said..
Strike the Earth!