E3 2021 Griefing Thread - Now with more nigger pandering, does anyone even care about most of the games displayed here seriously? (Spoiler alert Nintendo won lol)

Who won E3 2021?

• Ubisoft

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Gearbox Software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Square Enix

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • PC Gaming Show

• Capcom

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 278 77.9%
  • Bandai Namco

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Guerrilla Collective

• Summer Game Fest

• IGN Expo

• Wholesome Games

• Devolver Digital

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • UploadVR

• Limited Run Games

• Future Games

• Steam

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • EA Play

• Microsoft + Bethesda

Votes: 34 9.5%
  • Others

Votes: 13 3.6%

• Total voters

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
So it's that time of year now where the game companies show off what they got for the next year(tm).

Kinda started today with Guerilla Collective doing a showcase today, complete with a segment for the 'black voices of gaming'

Anything you might be interested in? Think vidya is complete shit now? Sperg about it here.

Schedule is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...?pru=AAABefsIqb4*LWifv6-jXM5lVrOMXPvRww#gid=0

Last edited:

X Pac Heat

Games Shouldn't Be Art
kiwifarms.net
There hasn't been a need for E3 for at least a decade now, and I expect that to continue.

Top things we will see? More Re-releases/HD remasters, plenty of wokeness/virtue signaling, a lot of the industry sucking their own dick about how they got through covid while also having absolutely nothing new to show that they will blame on covid.

My Big 3 predictions?

Sony: Metal Gear Solid remake being their only thing worth showing. Possibly the only thing they're willing to actually keep exclusive on PS5.

Xbox: Because it'd be funniest shit ever, Halo Infinite delayed again.

Nintendo: Splatoon 3 being it's main talking point, with no mention of Prime 4 and showing the most minimal new thing they possibly can for BOTW2. (playable zelda or special costume or something)

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
Jumped around the video and it seems to only be indie shit (that's probably budgeted like a mid sized game).
I didn't recognise any of the games or the people/studios making them. I get that it's indie games and they're just being announced, but nothing looked interesting in the slightest.

There was a game at 4:16 that looks like the kind of fake game you'd see in CSI.

There was a post someone made in the Nintendo fandom thread where they compared a western indie direct to a japanese indie direct. One is mostly interviews and talking heads, the other showing fun gameplay. Scrubbing through the presentation, I'm reminded of the former.

White Devil

Space Hate Crimes
kiwifarms.net
I guess I am excited, but not like I used to be excited. Now that anything is possible in a game everything has blended together. So many "big" titles are just the same shit over and over again. There is no boundary left to push, or at least no one willing to push them.
I'm unable to get excited about video games anymore. The industry is controlled by dangerhairs now and the suits are behind them because they think that garbage sells.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
I'm unable to get excited about video games anymore. The industry is controlled by dangerhairs now and the suits are behind them because they think that garbage sells.
Personally it's just that they never make anything that actually appeals to me anymore. The only game I have to look forward to is the System Shock remake at this point. I can't get a good immersive sim to save my life these days. Hell, the closest we got to a company trying to edge into the Bethesda realm was cyberpunk lmao.

White Devil

Space Hate Crimes
kiwifarms.net
Personally it's just that they never make anything that actually appeals to me anymore. The only game I have to look forward to is the System Shock remake at this point. I can't get a good immersive sim to save my life these days. Hell, the closest we got to a company trying to edge into the Bethesda realm was cyberpunk lmao.
That's true as well. There is nothing new that comes out that interests me in the slightest. I'm half heartedly looking forward to Aliens: Fireteam but I also suspect that game is just going to be a quick pump and dump or a DLC fest. Valheim was fun for a month or so but the lack of content overall made me lose interest in its simplistic gameplay loop. All the FPS games just kind of blend together now, though I am waiting for The Forest 2 to finally release.