EA is set to buy Codemasters for $1.2 Billion - Another One Bites the Dust

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.

SSF2T Old User

Summer Time = Summer Babes
kiwifarms.net
Codemasters hasn't published anything worth a damn since the Oliver twins stopped making Dizzy games. Change my mind.
Both Big Nose The Caveman games on the NES were pretty cool.

Oh and MTV Music Generator was my very first music making program before I moved onto more "professional" ones, so thats something at least.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
F1 license, dude

Is the F1 license by itself worth it, though? Once again, this isn't a genre given to EA's monetization practices. EA used to have the NASCAR license. I ought to know; I owned their N64 NASCAR racing game. But they allowed that to lapse because it just wasn't worth it for them to keep it. This also seems hardly worth it for them in the long run.

XMassAllYearRound

It's probably still Christmass somewhere
kiwifarms.net
F1 license, dude
That seems like a license hardly worth poaching a whole company over for 1.2 Billion; according to steam charts the all time peak of F1 2020 is 23,766 players at the same time and according to SteamSpy (Whose methods for calculation are trash if I'm brutally honest) there are between 50,000 and 100,000 owners overall.

Those are rather small numbers when taking into consideration what EA usually expects, especially when car sims have been PC territory for quite a while now.

Edit:Ninja'd

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
i still haven't forgotten maxis
Seriously, is there a franchise that hasn't gone to shit under EA?
Madden? Gone to shit.
NBA Live? Gone to shit. Can't even get out a game every year.
Need For Speed? Gone to shit.
The Sims? Gone to shit.
Star Wars Battlefront? Gone to shit.
FIFA? Gone to shit.

Am I missing anything?

ProblematicUser420

Tits and Abs
kiwifarms.net
Madden? Gone to shit.
The Sims? Gone to shit.
FIFA? Gone to shit.

Am I missing anything?

Battlefield V was pretty bad, no? With the whole disabled woman being a WWII legend and stuff?

I didn't actually play it so if it was actually fun then nevermind.

Win98SE

kiwifarms.net
Dirt Rally 2.0 is fucking amazing. I have a shitload of respect for developers that set out to make something so incredibly off-putting difficulty-wise that it only becomes truly playable after like 50 hours of practice. This buyout sucks because it'll probably immediately end up with the Rally sub-series of DiRT getting iced for a more bullshit arcade """rally""" experience.

MAPK phosphatase

Cell Death Regulator
kiwifarms.net
Dirt Rally 2.0 is fucking amazing. I have a shitload of respect for developers that set out to make something so incredibly off-putting difficulty-wise that it only becomes truly playable after like 50 hours of practice. This buyout sucks because it'll probably immediately end up with the Rally sub-series of DiRT getting iced for a more bullshit arcade """rally""" experience.
Yep. We both know for a fact that EA is going to release a casualized Dirty Rally game, it's going to review well, sell well, piss off the original fans, and continue to stumble around for 5-10 years with yearly releases that gradually get worse and worse until the studio is shot in the back of the head and forgotten about by the larger public.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
We both know for a fact that EA is going to release a casualized Dirty Rally game, it's going to review well, sell well, piss off the original fans
They will have learned nothing from Project CARS pissing off their fans by moving from simulation to arcade. Although ironically I don't think it was a bad decision to do that.

Racist Trash

It never changes.
kiwifarms.net
Madden? Gone to shit.
The Sims? Gone to shit.
FIFA? Gone to shit.

Am I missing anything?
The fact you forgot the pinnacle of EA betrayal with Westwood is shameful and you should be banned from ever listening to any c&c music ever again.

Also I thought the entirety of Codemasters died in that helicopter crash with Colin Mcrae.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Madden? Gone to shit.
The Sims? Gone to shit.
FIFA? Gone to shit.

Am I missing anything?
Everything I could think of is either a dead franchise, or EA only published it.

Speaking of which, it's insane how, despite there being so many obscure, classic PC games on Steam and co., there's hardly anything from the 20th century available that's currently owned by EA. I loved Maxis' many Sim games when I was a kid, yet they're completely unavailable outside of piracy sites and old discs. To me, having a PC gaming platform with everything but SimCity Classic is like a Nintendo platform having everything but Mario.

Pour one out for SimEarth and the original version of Spore

edit: Also, I got Need for Speed 2015 ultra cheap on clearance, put in the disc, and I was treated to two bland races and maybe like a half an hour of a live-action drama starring a bunch of douchebags drinking energy drinks

The absolute state of AAA gaming

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Everything I could think of is either a dead franchise, or EA only published it.

Speaking of which, it's insane how, despite there being so many obscure, classic PC games on Steam and co., there's hardly anything from the 20th century available that's currently owned by EA. I loved Maxis' many Sim games when I was a kid, yet they're completely unavailable outside of piracy sites and old discs. To me, having a PC gaming platform with everything but SimCity Classic is like a Nintendo platform having everything but Mario.

Pour one out for SimEarth and the original version of Spore

edit: Also, I got Need for Speed 2015 ultra cheap on clearance, put in the disc, and I was treated to two bland races and maybe like a half an hour of a live-action drama starring a bunch of douchebags drinking energy drinks

The absolute state of AAA gaming

Sim City 3000 Unlimited is available on GOG. Sim City 2000 is also on there, but apparently its the shitty DOS version rather than the all around superior Windows version.

Quantum Diabetes

Corbinfundme.gout
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The rally games are my favorite and I expect them to get fucked over this. Ah well.

Maude Snew

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own toes
kiwifarms.net
I thought the Overlord games were pretty dank, there aren't many good games where you're explicitly the bad guy.
Overlord 1 and 2 are classics but the third one just killed it. I seriously doubt they can make money from that at this point. Don't look up the third one, it can really shake any fond memories you have of the series. Well the third one on PC I guess, they had spinoffs for consoles that I just ignored.