EAT WITH ME, EGG ALLERGY, TORRID HAUL - 11/20/19 -

Plague Dog

kiwifarms.net
I’d think after a certain time frame (or if you had an infection and happened to use makeup that possibly was contaminated) you would toss the makeup. 6 months to a year, I’m guessing?
It depends?

Me? Honestly no, but I don't wear it with an infection. Realistically it depends in the product. Mascara should be junked regularly. Eyeshadow lasts forever. Foundation is often pumped out and just gets used up.

Generally think about it like toothpaste. It probably has a date but that's not what anyone focuses on.

Dr.Research

Dissertation Topic: Lolcows
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’d think after a certain time frame (or if you had an infection and happened to use makeup that possibly was contaminated) you would toss the makeup. 6 months to a year, I’m guessing?
I think a more useful rule of thumb is to trash it if it scent changes or just smells bad, the color changes or the texture/consistency changes. I don't know anyone who actually goes by the months to toss from opening. I agree with @Plague Dog about mascara since bacteria could grow in the tube.

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
Amber it literally says on the Cetaphil bottle to rinse it off with lukewarm water. This unbounded stupidity has reached bizarre levels even for Albert.
I’ve done the no wash method with Cetaphil before and while I appreciate having the option I didn’t feel clean like washing it off does. I don’t know how Amber and ForeverKailyn can deal with using no water. Although the leaving the soap on sends AL to Kai levels of t.ard.

Nail polish has an “expiration date” but it’ll last forever if you take care of it. I have polishes that are 20+ years old and perform perfectly.

I’ve had some eyeshadow mildew on me but it was more from moisture exposure. The palettes were old anyway. You shouldn’t have makeup in the bathroom because of all the moisture.

The only expiration date I follow cosmetic wise is mascara. Not risking that shit. Otherwise I go by color, smell, and texture changes. Ten years is a stretch for most cosmetics regardless. Perfumes go rancid in time and I’m sure that Amber’s crappy Walmart scents go bad quick.

Last edited:

Dr.Research

Dissertation Topic: Lolcows
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How would Big Al know that, though? I can only imagine the cacophony of aromas in the house.
Im sure she and her immediate area smell like ass, but if your makeup is rancid enough to smell, it should be noticable if you're bringing it up to your nose to sniff. But I think it's a moot point because even if Hamby did notice concerning changes in her makeup I can guarantee it wouldn't change her decision to use it.

phoenixrrt762

kiwifarms.net
It depends?

Me? Honestly no, but I don't wear it with an infection. Realistically it depends in the product. Mascara should be junked regularly. Eyeshadow lasts forever. Foundation is often pumped out and just gets used up.

Generally think about it like toothpaste. It probably has a date but that's not what anyone focuses on.
Thanks for the info.

• Winner
Reactions: Bees

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino