Egg Thread 2.0 -

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The first egg thread was great so I think we should start a new one in honor of our awesome new subforum. Post egg recipes, facts, good eggs you've eaten recently, etc.

My boyfriend is currently making sous vide eggs:

The temperature is perfectly controlled, so you get whatever consistency you want basically every time. Very easy and delicious.
These are to go on top of corned beef hash like a poached egg, so they will look more like the bottom middle one .

I also want to share my favorite scrambled egg recipe:

These come out so perfectly every time, and I haven't even tried adding the creme fraiche which I'm sure makes it a lot better.

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Dynastia is clearly a pleb. What kind of eggs do they even eat in Australia? I want to know.
I haven't really had cooked quail eggs, just raw ones on sushi

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I dabbled in quiche making until I realized I liked baked scrambled eggs with stuff in them just as much and that's way easier so fuck making quiche.

Reactions: melty
H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
yea, but the bird eggs you eat... are basically just bird periods when you think about it... so you like bird periods.
Bird periods are hermetically sealed inside an eggshell and don't stink like clotty rotten blood like women periods do. If women laid eggs instead of letting their blood get all gross inside them I would eat them out on shark week too.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bird periods are hermetically sealed inside an eggshell and don't stink like clotty rotten blood like women periods do. If women laid eggs instead of letting their blood get all gross inside them I would eat them out on shark week too.
Shark week is a natural process.. It's like you can't eat pizza every day of the month.. sometimes you gotta just eat booty for a couple days inbetween.

Wally Balljacker

Nothing positively contributional.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I also want to share my favorite scrambled egg recipe:

These come out so perfectly every time, and I haven't even tried adding the creme fraiche which I'm sure makes it a lot better.
No joke, ever since I saw that video I haven't made scrambled eggs any way since. I have made a few personal alterations to the recipe however:
  • Used a nonstick mini-wok instead of a saucepan. Switched to a silicone whisk too.
  • I suck the yolks out with one of those squeeze bulb things, then cook the whites until they're at the consistency of runny grits, then whisk the yolks back in one at a time.
It should come out creamy and spreadable, which is perfect for toast.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A lot of people don't see past Gordon Ramsay's schtick of swearing a lot and yelling at people, but the man knows food.

He has a lot of these little 5 minutes or less videos that briefly explain how to do something just right.

My favorite eggs are over easy, though.

Although I like a style called shirred that involves baking them in ramekins with cheese.

Rung

It's just 'Rung', as in a ladder.
kiwifarms.net
That video on eggs changed how my family eats scrambled eggs. I got sick and tired of my mom's watery eggs so the revelation of "Keep stirring and slowly cooking it, add salt and pepper later after it's finished or else it makes it watery" changed our taste to how eggs should properly taste like. Especially if you add stuff like onions and chives in it.

But I still can't eat raw or sunny-side up eggs with the yolk on it's own and liquidy. For some reason my tastebuds just can't handle it and I gag.

WeeGee

Weegee is de wae.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've tried duck eggs once before, they are very rich but have a stronger odor as well, tried both scrambled and over easy.

Tags
None