Egg Thread the Third - How do you like your eggs, and why?

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I love 'em scrambled or as omelette, but sometimes I get this craving for boiled eggs. There's something oddly satisfying about them, especially with a hearty serving of spinach.

Omurice is fun too. I can never make it look as pretty as that of Japanese moms, but at least they taste great.

eggs = for feegs
eggs taste like ass and smell like my piss bottle collection.
You had a perfectly good opportunity to write "eggs for feggs" and you've squandered it. Shame on you.

Last edited:

Curious Addie

kiwifarms.net
Eggs Benedict, if I want to impress a lady friend or just don't mind destroying the kitchen first thing in the morning. Just for myself, I cook them over medium, with the yolk halfway between runny and gooey. Fried in bacon grease, of course. Sometimes if I'm feeling spicy I'll make huevos rancheros. Scotch eggs are also badass.

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
Question: Do eggs from other birds or even animals taste different? Could you make a crocodile omelette? What's the right way to prepare duck eggs?
Yes different animal eggs do taste different but in my experience not by much, Some are more meaty tasting others more musky or oily. The duck eggs I've had were basically identical to chicken eggs, just smaller since they haven't been industrialized to produce monster eggs. Ostrich eggs are good, when I tried them they were lower in sulfur than chicken eggs with a firm more protein-ish texture, but good luck finding 6 other people to share with. I've been told this has more to do with what you've fed the bird than what kind of bird it is though.
reptile eggs shells are often leathery so you wouldn't be able to crack them open like bird eggs. There maybe a few gator or turtle farms that will sell you unfertilized reptile eggs but generally speaking reptiles won't lay unless they've mated so you won't find reptile eggs in the wild without an embryo inside.
My favorite way to eat them is cooked overhard in bacon grease with the edges crisped and brown, then salt and pepper.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Eggs Benedict, if I want to impress a lady friend or just don't mind destroying the kitchen first thing in the morning. Just for myself, I cook them over medium, with the yolk halfway between runny and gooey. Fried in bacon grease, of course. Sometimes if I'm feeling spicy I'll make huevos rancheros. Scotch eggs are also badass.
First time I've ever heard of Eggs Benedict or Skotch eggs, they sound delightful. Thanks for furthering my culinary horizon, can't wait to try to make some in my trusty kitchen!

I've also recently experimented with mixing some hot ajvar and spicy mustard into my eggs while scrambling them, cooking them with some onions and hot sausage, and seasoning the whole thing with cumin, basil, powdered paprika, marjory and tarragon. Not sure how common it is to mix things directly into the scrambling, but thankfully It ended up being pretty tasty.

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Sunny side up. Meaning the yolk is intact. I mop up the yolk with buttered toast.

sunny side up Cooked on one side only, until the egg white is set, but the yolk remains liquid. This is often known simply as eggs up.[citation needed] Gently splashing the hot cooking oil or fat over the sunny side uncooked white (i.e., basting) may be done to thoroughly cook the white. Covering the frying pan with a lid during cooking (optionally adding a cover and half-teaspoon of water just before finishing) allows for a less "runny" egg, and is an alternative method to flipping for cooking an egg over easy (this is occasionally called sunny side down or basted). Sunny side up eggs are also commonly referred to as dippy eggs or dip eggs by Marylanders, by Pennsylvania Dutch people living in central Pennsylvania, in parts of Ohio, and in Pittsburgh mainly due to the practice of dipping toast into the yolk while eating. This term is also occasionally used in Canada.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My egg consumption is usually like this
"Hey XYZpdq I'm tired of eggs and have a bunch coming up on the sell by date. You want them?"
Then I forget about them in my fridge and a week after the sellby I check to make sure they're still okay, scramble them, dump in a bunch of cheese and veggies and shit and bake the fuck out of them.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually had to teach my parents how to properly cook eggs. They overcook EVERYTHING, eggs included. It doesn't take very long to scramble some tasty eggs or fry up one over-easy. They were the first thing I learned how to cook.
I love hard-cooked too, for snacking.

Fresh, straight-from-the-chicken's-ass eggs are the best if you have access to them. They cook differently then refrigerated eggs, you can make the most perfect sunny-side-up egg with one.

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
I actually had to teach my parents how to properly cook eggs. They overcook EVERYTHING, eggs included. It doesn't take very long to scramble some tasty eggs or fry up one over-easy. They were the first thing I learned how to cook.
I love hard-cooked too, for snacking.

Fresh, straight-from-the-chicken's-ass eggs are the best if you have access to them. They cook differently then refrigerated eggs, you can make the most perfect sunny-side-up egg with one.
Ha ha. It's funny how many people buy hens then suddenly realize that the eggs are covered in shit and they are like I'm not eating that.

Nekromantik2

I put the romance back in necromancy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm ruined. My FIL had chickens at one point, and would give ups fresh eggs all the time. Store bought egg can't compare, they just can't.

As for how I like them, it depends on what mood I'm in when I cook them. And how awake I am in the morning when I make breakfast.

Tags
None