Egg Thread the Third - How do you like your eggs, and why?

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I recently decided to learn how to poach eggs and now my third eye had opened and so many opportunities have been presented to me. My chicken tortilla instant noodles and microwaveable teriyaki bowls are now fancy. I thought for some reason that it would be really hard but I found it pretty simple.

I recently made a delicious McMuffin type sammich with some toasted english muffins, chedder cheese, a Jimmy Dean sausage patty, and a beautiful poached egg. Plus a splash of Cholula hot sauce.
I've been experimenting a bit with the cooking times, I find that 6 minutes is giving me the best result though I would like to try less to get a runnier yolk.

Through daily practice, I've perfected frypoached eggs. Best of both worlds if you ask me, fried & poached!
How do you do that? Do you do an initial poaching and then put it in a pan to get crispy? That sounds like it would be tasty.

Freshly Baked Socks

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My breakfast starts with frying sausage in a skillet. This allows me to create a well-oiled&seasoned, and hot iron to work with. I also keep a glass bottle nearby filled with a water&vinegar&salt solution. After pouring out the excess sausage grease, break the egg(s) onto the hot skillet (over a low to medium heat burner), then dash some of the brinewater over the egg and into the pan(>1Tbsp/egg), and cover the skillet with a plate to allow the pan to steam. Run a timer for 60 seconds for one egg, 90-120 seconds for two, before carefully flipping the eggs if the white seems too soft for your liking and giving it another 10-15 seconds of heat.

Then, carefully spatula the eggs onto a paper towel to drain or pat dry before placing on a slice of toast, seasoned with black pepper and green onions to taste.
poachfry.jpg

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
Over medium with black pepper and Tabasco. Simple and tastes good. Give me a couple pieces of toast and a few sausage links or strips of crispy bacon on the side and I'm set.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a way to make eggs in the microwave using a coffee mug, no-stick spray, and a stirred egg. I forget how long to cook for.

NIGGER ASS PEE POOPY RAPE

erect: ╭ᑎ╮ pee: ╰Ụ╯ micropenis: ╰ᶸ╯ ⁞ LONG: Ɛ====Э
kiwifarms.net
usually four jumbo scrambled eggs cooked with one eighth stick of butter and three big black dick patties and some pepper on top. but not when I can get 4 egg mcmuffins for $8 every day instead.
There's a way to make eggs in the microwave using a coffee mug, no-stick spray, and a stirred egg. I forget how long to cook for.
the egg doesn't even need to be stirred, just stab the yolk with a fork so it doesn't explode.

Slimy Time

Fisting gone wrong
kiwifarms.net
Poached or over easy eggs on buttered toast with salt, pepper and a chilli-garlic sauce makes my day. Great for breakfast or a lazy dinner.

Reactions: Syikeblade

Xarpho

Ugly and weak
kiwifarms.net
My breakfast often consists of 2 or 3 eggs with salt and cracked pepper, whipped with a fork, and then fried until it's just firm enough not to spill all over the plate. If I'm feeling lazy, it's just cereal.

twi1992

Buckle the Fuck Up Slut, We're Geting Shitfaced.
kiwifarms.net
usually four jumbo scrambled eggs cooked with one eighth stick of butter and three big black dick patties and some pepper on top. but not when I can get 4 egg mcmuffins for $8 every day instead.

the egg doesn't even need to be stirred, just stab the yolk with a fork so it doesn't explode.

Okay, I'll bite. What's a dick patty?

I love an over easy egg. I used to think the concept was gross but I'm all for it now. Especially on a burger, yummy. Also scotch eggs are bomb dot com.

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After having put off making one for a solid decade I finally gave in to curiosity and made a bigass spanish omelette.

Nothing fancy, just some good eggs, some good potatoes, and some good onions seasoned simply with salt and pepper and a half teaspoon of the sugar/msg mix I use to perk up half the shit I cook.

Pre-cooked the potats in the microwave for three minutes then chopped into small chunks, and minced the onion into equally sized chunks and caramelised both in a generous glug of olive oil over medium heat for half an hour, stirring up every five minutes to ensure a decent browning/crisping. Took vegetables out the pan, waited till cooled down to warm, and then mixed in the eggs and let sit for ten minutes to congeal a bit, then dumped it into the pan with the olive oil, still on medium heat, and cooked for five minutes until the bottom was browning at which point I put it under a medium high grill for another five minutes.

Served with a glob of creme fraiche because I remembered that south park episode and had some on hand, and it was absolutely fucking delicious. Would recommend to anyone who likes eggs, though you should probably make bigass servings to justify the hour or so prep+cooking since you will then have leftovers for a few more meals

Reactions: Whatthefuck

Rinny.

a fhakin rat
kiwifarms.net
I love eggs.

I prefer eating it:
-boiled
-sunny side up (not fried/crispy, all white)
-as an omelet
-as a quiche (very rare for me to get to experience that though)
-blended into a drink (makes it thicker/fuller, people who get anxious over raw eggs btfo'd i guess)
-blended with condensed milk to make Vietnamese coffee.
-cooked for sandwiches idk the name of it would be, its basically a cooked with the yolk broken, ideally fully cooked, not -a fan of it being too runny for some reason.
-as an eggybread/french toast/Rabanada (Brazilian french toast)

I don't really like the idea of poached, steamed (the Asiatic way, sorry), or just anything kind of pushing runny yolks unless its on a sunny side up.

The way I season it depends on my mood but i always use good ol reliable garlic, onion bits, black pepper, and salt.
The fats I use is usually olive oil, maybe butter if I feel like it or even bacon lard if available, but thats pretty rare.
The sauces I add really depend on how I'm cooking it. Pretty uncommon i dont eat it as a savory thing.

Lonely Grave

naked and alone, we die
kiwifarms.net
My favourite ways to serve eggs:
Softboiled (six minute/ice method), served on toast with soy sauce and fresh black pepper.
Scrambled with butter and light cream served with smoked salmon and chives.
Sunny side up, either on toast or with instant noodles.
Omelette with fish sauce and white pepper, served with sticky rice.
Omelette with light cream and folded with melted cheese inside. (Incredibly tricky to get right)
Omurice, for those rare moments when there is leftover fried rice. (Also tricky to do)

I've tried poaching eggs but the attempt never works out for me, and you can get a similar effect with the softboiled method by going for 5.5 minutes precisely.