Eisenhorn - a Warhammer 40k live action series - From the creator of "Man in the High Castle"

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

LazloChalos

Shitty photoshopper
kiwifarms.net

James Whitbrook
Today 2:40pm

Inquisitor Eisenhorn seeks out heresy at every turn.Image: Clint Langley (Black Library/Games Workshop)
The grim dark future of the 41st Millennium is coming to live-action television for the first time—and Games Workshop has recruited the creator behind Amazon’s Man in the High Castle adaptation, Frank Spotnitz, to do so.
Announced today by the wardens of the Warhammer 40K and Warhammer: Age of Sigmar tabletop gaming franchises—and the vast multimedia empire of books, comics, games, and other adaptations behind them—Spotnitz’s Big Light Productions will helm a live-action TV show based around the character of Gregor Eisenhorn.

Eisenhorn isn’t one of the giant, armor-clad Space Marines that defend the human empire of the gory, 41st millennium Warhammer 40,000 is set in. Instead, he’s an Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos—a free-roaming agent of the God-Emperor of Mankind that goes about hunting down the taint of daemons and other alien influences from Humanity and its vast, but ever-dwindling Imperium.

Read more
Created in 2001 by writer Dan Abnett initially for a series of Warhammer 40K novels, Eisenhorn and his motley retinue of fellow Inquisitors have become some of the most beloved characters in the vast lore of the tabletop franchise, spawning spinoff video games, audio dramas, comics, and, as it is Games Workshop, some rather pricey but rather lovely models.
Spotnitz will serve as both showrunner and executive producer on the series—alongside Big Light Productions’ creative director, Emily Feller—which has only recently entered development, as this gleefully silly flowchart explanation from Games Workshop themselves explains, intended for fans more into their tabletop miniatures than the nitty-gritty details of TV production:
There’s probably less giant cathedral ships of mass destruction involved in making TV though. Only guessing on that front.
It’s far from Games Workshop’s first attempt to spin off its beloved tabletop series into the realm of cinema—Abnett himself penned the script for the 2010 animated Space Marine movie Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie, and more recently, the company recruited a 40K fan filmmaker, Richard Boylan, to produce a new animated web series about the Blood Angels chapter of the Space Marines.

But even compared to those projects, this is a massive undertaking for Warhammer 40K’s presence beyond the miniature battlefields it has called home for decades. We’ll bring you more on Games Workshop and Spotnitz’s plans for Eisenhorn as and when we learn it.

The (disturbingly happy-themed) Roadmap
od5gcit1uhh8qlxb0x2i.png

I have a feeling of dread knowing that 40k is going on a show format.

Last edited:

Crabbo

kiwifarms.net
I definitely wanna see how they portray the Marines.
They should very much have religo-fascistic views, as that's kind of required for them.
They are monsters, but better by miles than most of the (VILE!) Xenos (SCUM!) which populate the universe.

I also want to see some top tier power armor.
A lot of cosplay I have seen looks incredibly clunky, where as I have always felt it should be far more natural on them, up to being a second skin.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
Ewwww, if this gets popular folks:

Expect 40k to get infested with dangerhairs who just want the universe to be more inclusuve and accesible...

It was one thing if it the property was relegated to fringe wargaming, quite another if its a television series....

I'm hopeful that this will attract further interest in the game and the universe as a whole. Get out your :optimistic:s, boys.
:story: :story: :story:

If you must look at it in an optomistic light: you did get compotent show runners. I think they will stay loyal to the material. Its just the potential mainstream interest of the universe, thats the problem...

WhoBusTank69

an endless thirst
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait to see how the twitterati woke police are going to react to a world of xenocidal, psychotically paranoid ubermench, and how quickly GW is going to bow to their pressure.
They already hate it because the Sisters of Battle have boobplate, there are no female SPESS MAHREENS, Orks are somehow racially coded as black people, and a fascist xenophobic regime built on the corpse of a dead emperor is bad when it's not communist.
GW has long since stopped caring about how the license is used so I don't see them bowing at this point, especially not after the "huge" social media push for butch and bulldyke Sisters of Battle resulted in new figures with prominent boobplate intact.

Ihavetinyweewee

kiwifarms.net
especially not after the "huge" social media push for butch and bulldyke Sisters of Battle resulted in new figures with prominent boobplate intact.
Shit thats based, how did the 5 people on twitter respond?

Still, if the show brings in a significant monetary increase to GW: that may change their outlook. I mean they did those kid books, right?

WhoBusTank69

an endless thirst
kiwifarms.net
Shit thats based, how did the 5 people on twitter respond?
Depressed whining, right before fluttering over to some other bullshit nobody cares about.
Still, if the show brings in a significant monetary increase to GW: that may change their outlook. I mean they did those kid books, right?
If anything could have gotten GW to wake up it would have been Dawn of War 3 and its absolutely abysmal everything. It's pretty clear at this point that they wont bat an eye no matter what happens because they already have their audience.

Cheap Sandals

REEEEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
Welp, there goes another fandom to the pop culture hole. Beginning of the end.

All the corners will be rounded down. All the gnarly, fun, controversial stuff will be removed like a vet removes a dog's testicles, and to similar effect. A neutered Warhammer when the whole appeal of Wahammer is how fucked up and batshit it is.

No, thank you.

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Primaris Marines, Rowboat Gullyman coming back from the dead and the Imperium teaming up with the necron to blow up Cadia are all stupider than anything that has happened in Disney Star Wars.

The fact that Necron Pariahs aren't canon anymore makes me convinced of the fact that GW doesn't care anymore.

Ihavetinyweewee

kiwifarms.net
So, from what I can gather:

The show may be gay as fuck. But GW will just continue on doing their wargaming niche and not giving the slightest of fucks. Its easy to get their license, but whatever done outside the wargaming community is its own thing. The wargamming niche is all they care about?

How long can they keep that up? Until the cultural warriors try to infiltrate GW? I mean company staff changes over time...