Eisenhorn - a Warhammer 40k live action series - From the creator of "Man in the High Castle"

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

A Useless Fish

A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.
kiwifarms.net
I have no fucking faith in this being a competantly told story. Doesn't Dan Abnett write scripts occasionally? Why not get him to adapt his own work for the small screen?

Also, I wonder who will wind up being cast as The Man himself? Eisenhorn's always been a very clever, but ruthless badass. This requires gravitas, so I'd like it to be Charles Dance, but somehow I can't see that happening. If they get a soyboy of some kind to play him then we'll know this adaptation is dead on arrival.

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
I really don't know how to feel about this... On the one hand I really do want to see more 40K, but I really have very little faith in Hollywood screenwriters being able to do anything competently these days. I feel like they're going to misunderstand 40K completely and not take the lore, characters, or setting seriously at all. I get that 40K isn't meant to be serious but you can handle it with respect and play it straight, not as a joke, which is how I feel the writer or director will do it, judging by that road map.

I have no fucking faith in this being a competantly told story. Doesn't Dan Abnett write scripts occasionally? Why not get him to adapt his own work for the small screen?

Also, I wonder who will wind up being cast as The Man himself? Eisenhorn's always been a very clever, but ruthless badass. This requires gravitas, so I'd like it to be Charles Dance, but somehow I can't see that happening. If they get a soyboy of some kind to play him then we'll know this adaptation is dead on arrival.
Charles Dance would be fantastic for the voice and overall personality or Eisenhorn, but I think he's too old for the character. They need someone is his 40s who's got a relatively young body but that jaded weariness of an older man. On the plus side, I recall Eisenhorn's entourage being fairly diverse so there's no reason to shoe-in diversity quota characters everywhere. They probably will anyway, but it's 2019 so that's to be expected...

Shitpiss Babylord

kiwifarms.net
At least Eisenhorn was a pretty good choice to adapt, what with it being a bit more of a behind the scenes look at the Imperium.
Mutant slums, Noble estates Arbites precincts and stuff, rather than full scale war and Space Marines 24/7.

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
I'm always worried about 40k going woke, but to be honest Eisenhorn is a really, really, really tame and star wars-y version of 40k.

It is one of the most "normie friendly" parts of the franchise. It does not need excessive wetting and I think Abnett is already woke as hell to begin with.

I think we'll just get a sci-fi cop chase with some "supernatural" elements that will stay away from mainstay 40k stuff like wars, space marines, and such.

I hope GW can play both the based and normie crowd, and so far they managed I think.

Look at this cutesy anime style:
1511377601388.jpg

The only thing missing are the Cat ears on that Assault marine. Go find as many Potato-kuns as you can!

We all know the soyboys will never touch 40k and I hope GW does know as well. So far GW seems to be doing good PR wise so I hope they truly left the "screw the customer" style they used to have in the past. Customers are anti-woke by default 90% of the time.

Eisenhorn characters:
Eisenhorn: White dude, middle aged, chad.
Uber Amos: An old white scholar guy.
Elisabeth Bequin: Ex-whore blank. White girl.
Midas Betancore: Black Han Solo, pilot. Shoots first with the autocannons.
Medea Betancore: Above's daughter, pretty much the same.
Godwyn Fischig: Judge Dredd, I think white.
Tobias Maxilla: Metrosexual noble space captain with all the pomp and pearl inlaid teeth you could want. Not gay but very dandy.

So the cast is about as diverse as any current superhero movie.

I know its optimistic as hell, but at least the production studio's website used the word "mankind" and not "peoplekind" or "Cismalekind" or "Personkind" or shit like that. I hope GW keeps some leash on them.

Powerlevel: Dawn of war 1 and Battlefleet Gothic Armada both had VERY strict GW overlording that I know from the modding scene. So as recently as early 2019 GW was applying very strict standards to at least some studios.
This will be propably doxxing myself, but eh it is for 40k. Tindalos Studios had to check out with GW every time they wanted to add a new canon ship to the game. Canon already existing ships.

Last edited:

Sinner's Sandwich

AGrote = 1Pimmel
kiwifarms.net
Oh god, do these people even know how to spell Eisenhorn correctly??

By the way I heard Eisenhorns secret twin brother is going to appear in the series. His name is Eishörnchen.