Inactive Emery Wagar / Amanda Wagar / heybluewrites and Yuki Rose / Chris Chitwood / yukirozuhime - Asexual troon couple, animal hoarders, send fake legal threats, "I'm not playing games. I'm pressing charges." Yuki is dead and Emery has locked her accounts.

Angry New Ager

Election special: Kiwi Margaritas--Extra Salty!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

Casualty of the Culture War
kiwifarms.net
41'd? Or did he meet up with another belligerently overcompensating male who actually knew how to use his katana?

TBH, my first guess is something totally mundane and non-anime-princessy, such as a road accident.

From my guess right now, I'd agree road accident too. My main source to go off of is his mom's Facebook. It's just people offering her support and well wishes. I feel like if it was suicide or a murder I would see something about that. I'm really not in a position to document right now. But that's what I believe

Eulogy for the Snowflake Queen
--------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was the birthday of a wonderful woman and one of my dearest friends. I tried to write something on her wall but ended up spending the day crying instead. She never saw me cry before, knowing how averse I am to dramatic displays of emotion, so if she can see me now, she’s probably chuckling at my expense and peeking over my shoulder eating popcorn. (Our shared dark sense of humor is part of why we got along so well.)
I couldn’t think of what to say or where to start yesterday, but now I think I just want to share the Yuki I knew with anyone else who cares to read this and is likewise grieving her loss.
So, without further delay, here are some of the things I came to know about Yuki Rose over the past 6 years of our friendship:
---First of all, she was never afraid to be herself.---
When I first met Yuki, she had yet to adopt that name or pick a preferred pronoun. But even then, Yuki knew who she was, and never let society tell her how she had to be based on what she was born as. She knew what she liked and disliked, and never hesitated to give her opinion no matter how sensitive the topic. We shared this sense of candor, finding common sentiments in everything from video games to politics. I’ve met very few people like her: people who aren’t bogged down by gender politics and don’t waste time trying to fit into a box. That, even on its own, was special enough for me to invest wholeheartedly in our friendship from Day 1.
And Yuki knew that she was special. She owned her uniqueness and didn’t pay any mind to those who called her out for being different. She loved being a freak, and as a fellow freak I don’t say that in a derogatory way, and neither did she. She was proud of who she was and wasn’t afraid to show it. I often joked with her that she was the most special of “special snowflakes,” a title she accepted wholeheartedly since it also went along with her love of snow (the word for “snow” being “yuki,” in Japanese, as many of you know). We were constantly poking fun at one another. She was so comfortable with herself. There was hardly anything anyone could say about her that she wouldn't brush off with ease or accept with a smug grin.
There’s a saying that goes, “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me,” and Yuk’s attitude towards what other people thought of her very much aligned with that. I would have laughed at anyone trying to hurt Yuki with sticks and stones instead of words, though, because they would probably have gotten something worse in return; Yuki had an entire arsenal of bladed weapons at her disposal at almost any given time, many of them throw-able.
---She never backed down from a challenge.---
And I mean that in actuality, as well as virtually. Yuki had a penchant for Japanese Role-Playing Games, and for those of you who don’t know, this genre of video games is especially known for its ridiculous levels of difficulty. In games like these, it’s typical to come across enemies that are 20x stronger than you are.
The expected response of most gamers in that situation, is to run away from the fight, coming back to it only after getting their character powered up enough to compete with the challenge. Yuki was not “most gamers.” Instead of running away and returning later, Yuki would say, “challenge accepted,” and proceed to fight the monster that was 20x stronger even if it meant losing repeatedly and having to reload her save-game hundreds of times until she finally won.
In real life, she was just as determined. If you told Yuki she couldn’t do something, she would do her utmost to prove you wrong. In games of “Truth-or-Dare?” she picked “Dare” every time (in her own way, daring you to find something she wouldn’t do).
Once, we were out getting coffee with a few of our friends, and all of us agreed how attractive and friendly the new barista working at the counter was. We tried to encourage each other, in turn, to go ask for her number, poking fun at each other as we each chickened out. But Yuki needed no encouragement. As soon as soon as someone opened their mouths to dare her to go, Yuki was out of her seat with a piece of paper. Even though the barista didn’t turn out to be single, Yuki ended up getting her real number and later invited her to hang out with us.
---She had the most horrible luck in love…until recently.---
I cannot tell you how many times I lamented or reprimanded Yuki for her romantic interests over the years. Many of the people she fell for were of a conflicting sexual orientation, and others were of morally questionable character or intelligence, at least by my standards (which are admittedly high, especially when it came to who I thought was good enough for Yuki). Even when she made good choices, things had a tendency of ending in ruin. I could hardly believe the stories she told me of her past romances, until I was there for the ones that came after we met.
Numerous times she was betrayed, in a variety of ways I won’t get into. But Yuki was stubborn and determined in all things, including relationships. I could spend hours berating her choices and warning her to stay away from someone, but it never amounted to more than an “I told you so,” after the fact, and she never seemed to learn to be more cautious or selective. For someone who was usually as cynical as I am in all things, Yuki had an undeterred faith in romance and love. I always thought it was a weakness, one I strove to protect her from, but now I think it was more of a strength than I ever gave her credit for.
So many of us face hardships in love and become too cautious or suspicious to keep putting ourselves out there. But Yuki was never afraid to get back in the game, and if she’d listened to me, she’d probably have been alone forever. I never thought anyone was good enough for her. I always told her that she could do better, and Yuki found that “better” in Emery Wagar.
Yuki was so much happier once they met and got together. I didn’t spend much time with the both of them beyond their early days, but in the times I’ve spent with Yuki since (meeting up in the Twin Cities for Pride, and even living together in my mom’s basement for a while) Yuki always spoke of her new love with light in her eyes. Yuki would buy gifts for Emery whenever they were apart, and whenever Yuki met up with me after we hadn’t seen each other in a while, she would have a new token of Emery’s affection to show off to me. Yuki never again came to me about a broken heart. They made commitment after commitment to one another, and I never got to tell Yuki how happy I was for her, despite always having been so on-guard about her relationships.
---She was extremely generous.---
Yuki Rose was one of the most giving people I have ever met. I can’t count how many times she went out of her way for me or spontaneously gave me a gift. As I type this, I’m wearing the shirt of one of my favorite video game franchises. Yuki actually bought it for herself, just before we met. The game came up in one of our first conversations, and I invited her to a party I was having to celebrate the newest release in the series. Seeing my enthusiasm, and despite being a fan herself, she literally gave me the shirt off her back. She was just that kind of person: always willing to go out of her way to put a smile on the face of someone she cared about, even at her own loss or expense.
After we became roommates, I don’t know how many times she got up out of bed in the morning to drive me to my college campus after I missed the bus, or on those days when insomnia had kicked me in the butt the night before and I really needed those extra 45 minutes of rest, despite having sleeping troubles of her own. If any of us was having a bad day or a reason to celebrate, Yuki was the one to bust out the drinks at home or take us out to our favorite restaurants.
A big part of our friendship was our shared love of video games, and we often ended up sharing things like gamepads/controllers, cords, games, and headsets. Another thing I sometimes poked fun at Yuki for was her big head, both literally and figuratively. In the literal sense of it, she actually ended up breaking a headset that I let her borrow, by accidentally snapping the headband in half, just from the stress she put on it every time she took it off or put it on. I was mildly upset about it, since I didn’t have a decent spare, but the next day Yuki walked into my room after work and handed me a 70$ replacement that was much nicer than the one she broke.
But Yuki wasn’t only generous with things and favors. She was generous in character too. She was always open to meeting and interacting with all kinds of people. I’d never met someone with such a variety of friends; anime-friends, sporty friends, artistic friends, childhood friends, gamer friends…the list went on. I have always been extremely cautious and selective in choosing the people I keep around me, but Yuki was willing to give her time to all types. In Yuki’s company, I met people and gained experiences I never would have without her there to bridge the gap. She made me braver and more open-minded for it, and it’s something I will always be thankful to her for.
---She was a bona-fide badass.---
Anyone whose seen any of Yuki’s living-spaces is probably well-aware of her love of sharp, pointy objects. And anyone who’s lived with Yuki for even a moderate amount of time probably, at some point, walked in on her practicing her combat moves in the middle of the night, half-naked, brandishing a military-issue tactical spear while listening to her favorite anime songs…
Or maybe that was just me.
Anyways, Yuki made no secret of her passion for self-defense and the importance she put in being able to defend herself and the people she loved from danger. She would often share that knowledge with the people she cared about, in the event they might need it when she wasn’t there to protect them herself.
Yuki was a veteran of the US Navy, though she and I often joked about how she never actually saw the sea during the time she served. But as a Minnesotan, she was no stranger to water. She always told me she wished she could have served longer, if not for the worsening condition of a shoulder injury she’d gotten in her childhood. There are several reasons why I’m glad the Navy never took Yuki too far from home, but mostly it’s because we’d probably never have met otherwise. Still, I can’t deny that she would have made a great sailor. She was steadfast, determined, and stayed strong despite any physical or mental barriers tossed in her way. She always found a way through hardship and came out the other side with a smug grin on her face. Nothing could keep that woman down for long.
---She absolutely hated the idea of growing old.---
I thought twice about sharing this, but if it brings anyone any little bit of comfort, I think it’s worth mentioning.
Yuki was a very proud, very strong, and very smart woman. Some of things that she took the most pride in herself for were her physical strengths and capabilities, her quick wit, remarkable intelligence, and vast knowledge on a multitude of subjects. Losing any of those things to the ravage of time, or whatever else, would have been a devastating blow to her sense of self and her confidence.
And so, she shared with me on multiple occasions the fact that she very much hated the idea of growing old. She told me that she never wanted to be at a stage in her life where she felt physically incapable, or even just less capable than she was now. We all know that Yuki was devoted to helping the sick and elderly in her work in the medical field and as an in-home care worker, but she confided in me that she never wanted to be cared for in return, not in that way. Most especially, she never wanted to lose the sharpness of her mind to age. She always told me that before it came to that, she would go out and find a “bad person,” or someone in danger who needed to be defended—she would find these people and fight until she went out in a blaze of heroic glory…or something like that, instead of aging to death.
In the end, it didn’t come to that, but I hope she knows that her life until that day was a blaze of heroic glory in and of itself, one that none of us will forget, and will revel in for the rest of our lives.
---Above all, she loved her friends and family.---
Of all the things that Yuki loved and did, she always had her friends and family in mind. She was one of the most selfless people I ever met.
She was always herself, and always honest with what she thought and felt, not just to be true to herself, but because she didn’t think the people that she loved deserved any less.
In never backing down from a challenge, she made an example and set a standard for the rest of us to follow; she’d lost people who’d given up in her life before, and she never wanted that for anyone else she cared about.
She loved with everything she had, always giving it another chance, and only ever judging people for who they were inside, never for what they appeared to be or what they could give and do for her.
She always had our backs. When we were roommates, she opened our home to friends whenever they got caught out in the cold or needed a place to stay. When my mom took a fall that broke 3 of her 4 limbs, Yuki dropped everything to come stay with us for a week to help me take care of the house and chores while my mom healed.
Her main drive in joining the Navy, and in acquiring combat skills, wasn’t so that she could hurt people when she wanted to, or to brag about her own strengths; it was to be able to protect her loved ones, or even a stranger in need, and there was nothing in her life she valued or wanted to defend more than the people she cared about—not even her own life. She never wanted to burden us or leave us defenseless if there was something that she could do to prevent it.
There are tons of other things I could say about Yuki, like how much she hated summer heat, very much preferring the snow and cold of winter (making Minnesota one of the worst and best places she could be), or how much she loved going for walks in the rain (we once went out in a torrential thunder storm with near gale-force winds, and needless to say we came back looking like we’d jumped in a swimming pool), or about the time she caught a thief while we were getting coffee at a bookstore, but if you’ve read this far you’ve probably got the gist of it already; Yuki was special to all of us in all kinds of ways, and we’re going to miss her dearly.
For everything she was and did for me, I am devastated that I will never get to repay her, but at the very least, I know that I will never forget her, and I know I’m not the only one.
Requiescat In Pace (RIP), Yukie Rose…(she loved Latin). You are missed.
10 Comments
1 Share

From his mom's Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:

NoFeline

Xenic, adjectⅳe: denot㏌g the presence of bacteria
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Excellent pics on the tribute wall.
1603256429492.png

1603256459553.png

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

kiwifarms.net

Big Stone County Animal Rescue

SmseSptttSmemlnpbtero grnfh29i sooaieret onr5:e4gst8hd PM ·
The rescue just learned today of the sudden passing of Yuki Rose. Yuki and her mom have been fostering for us since we began the rescue over two years ago. Yuki tried hard to help us save tiny kittens last year - and one of them did survive. We send our heartfelt condolences to
Wanda Chitwood
. This is a photo of Yuki’s cat who is wandering the house looking for her. Yuki loved snow and loved cats - the next white cat or kitten that comes into rescue will be named Yuki.
😢

Yuki 3.png

Maybe he died of an overdose?

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

kiwifarms.net
No water.png

I choose to believe Chris finally died of dehydration

"And so, she shared with me on multiple occasions the fact that she very much hated the idea of growing old. She told me that she never wanted to be at a stage in her life where she felt physically incapable, or even just less capable than she was now. We all know that Yuki was devoted to helping the sick and elderly in her work in the medical field and as an in-home care worker, but she confided in me that she never wanted to be cared for in return, not in that way. Most especially, she never wanted to lose the sharpness of her mind to age. She always told me that before it came to that, she would go out and find a “bad person,” or someone in danger who needed to be defended—she would find these people and fight until she went out in a blaze of heroic glory…or something like that, instead of aging to death.
In the end, it didn’t come to that, but I hope she knows that her life until that day was a blaze of heroic glory in and of itself, one that none of us will forget, and will revel in for the rest of our lives."

GayDemiBoy

kiwifarms.net
What a wild ride. Unfortunately we'll probably never know how Yuki died. While her mom posts about drugs and makes allusions to it being an overdose sometimes families will lie about the method of death if not only for public perception but for their own tumultuous feelings. Yuki could have done 1 of 4 possible things.

Option 1: Accidental OD via pain killers or some sort of medication. This happens a lot but it also bleeds into Option 2: Yuki purposefully OD'd. Unless Yuki left a note or there's some form of recorded strange behavior from Yuki beforehand to go off, we'll never know if an OD was accidental or purposeful and unfortunately neither will Yuki's family, friends or Emery. Suicide letters/notes are far less common than mainstream media will have you believe since the victims of suicide don't tend to leave one. Option 3: Hanging/Other Suicide method. Yuki's mom being in denial about her child killing themselves instead choses to believe that whatever other method of suicide Yuki could have done at home was induced via some sort of drug hallucination. Option 4: Accidental/Unknown Medical Condition. Yuki could have fallen and hit her head sustaining a brain injury that they didn't know about. I've seen this happen before with a classmate I had when he hit his head hard one day on a desk corner. He seemed fine the whole day, not even a bump on his head. He died that day at home in his sleep from some sort of brain hemorrhage. If you hit your head you'll actually want to feel for a bump or knot since without it it could mean you have an internal injury. Likewise Yuki might have had an unknown medical condition that HRT might have expiated or just the general excitement of marriage.

Regardless of the cause it's pretty sad and unfortunate for the family and for Emery. RIP Yuki you'll be missed by the people who loved you.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Wow. I almost feel like I should retract the optimistic rating I gave for the post shortly before yours wondering if something terrible happened to them.
From my guess right now, I'd agree road accident too. My main source to go off of is his mom's Facebook. It's just people offering her support and well wishes. I feel like if it was suicide or a murder I would see something about that. I'm really not in a position to document right now. But that's what I believe
People tend to get very tight lipped about suicide, so I wouldn't presume otherwise by the lack of anyone mentioning it. If anything, everyone not mentioning the cause of death definitely tips the scales toward suicide.
Drug overdose just sounds like cope for suicide. "Maybe it wasn't intentional, it was just the drugs. Maybe."

Drugs are an easy way to suicide. It was probably intentional.

Agripepsi

kiwifarms.net
kiwifarms.net
Flipping through this thread and the obituaries/memorials I find myself getting really fucking confused. Was this person born female and troon'ed male or were they born male and troon'ed female?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Ms. Cegination