• “Can’t a person share what they feel without worrying it will end up on some shit hole site like yours?”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

Culture 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett attacked in possible hate crimeRoping your own neck is now considered a possible hate crime

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Chewy Suarez, Jan 29, 2019.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. Seriously. Watch the last couple seasons of the wire if you need a pretty accurate fictional depiction of how that kind of thing goes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    W00K #17

W00K #17 Can i have a swill of your beer pham?

kiwifarms.net
  2. So, like are we talking a little tabasco bottle or a bigger sriracha bottle? The public deserves to know.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Arachnomatricide

Arachnomatricide This dinner is spiraling out of control.

kiwifarms.net
  3. From page six-
    “The police said they wanted the records so they could independently verify the two men’s accounts, which is needed for a criminal investigation, but Smollett told police he couldn’t be without his phone for several hours.”

I know if I was the victim of a hate crime and viscous attack the first thing I would be worried about is not having my phone for a few hours.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  4. So if the bottle full of bleach was found near a stairwell, that could support Smollett having been attacked, but it also implies the attackers escaped into the building where Smollett was staying. Or, as others have said, he could have planted it there to support his story. Either way, none of this is as it appears. If his attackers fled into his building, that indicates premeditation and not a random attack from racist homophobes. It’s also still not clear why no one has mentioned Smollett’s clothes being ruined by bleach. At my old doctor’s office job, I splattered a few tiny drops of bleach on my shirt, and that was enough to ruin the whole thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. I think nobody knows if it was bleach, the report just said "chemical" and everyone assumed bleach. Could be a coca cola for all we know. If I was going to attack someone why would I throw bleach at them? Why not acid?

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  6. You're probably right, but I'm really hating this faulty memory bullshit. That's a common reaction, but it's still a minority. Powerleveling, but I killed someone, still have PTSD many years later from it, was charged, went to court, and was scared shitless my memory was wrong because of exactly what you're asserting.

I drew pictures, drew the layout, wrote dozens of pages of my description of what happened. Between multiple (meaning between 4 and 12 people at any given moment at different phases of the event) and video footage, I had it exactly right. Not a single cop involved was even close. The judge even laughed at one cop for being so off base from what ten other people just described in the exact same way, and he testified to something that I'm almost certain was a completely different event, and one cop refused to testify, but the crown didn't push it, since it was clear the cop would have hurt their case.

You make small mistakes in memory, like "he grabbed my right arm" rather than left. Or "it lasted about thirty minutes" and it was seven. Or in my case, I completely forgot about spitting in someone's face, but when it came out at trial, I remembered it actually did happen. It took several people corroborating to assure myself I wasn't being suggestible, but I don't buy that people are THAT suggestible... especially having gone through it and still being bang on, despite severe PTSD from it all.

For sure that shit happens, where memories are completely recreated, but I don't buy that shit for a second as a default.

And that shit, when it's legitimate PTSD, that attitude of how malleable remembrance is, undermines the legitimacy. Blasey-Ford, for instance. She seemed credible on the surface, but I guarantee if you have the memory of only having one beer, you would remember where you were. Traumatic amnesia isn't retroactive. She was a fraud, clearly. Very clearly. A friend of mine is a therapist, and she said she had to stop watching that tstimony, because it was so obviously manufactured, and she sees a couple of people a week trying the same thing just to get on disability.

If Adams experienced that, it either wasn't at all traumatic, and his own self-aggrandizing narrative carried his awareness, or he is highly suggestible and manipulatible.

Anyhow. My shit had a media ban, and it was pre-Internet, so apologies if this is powerleveling, but I think it's not.

• Feels  x 14
    • Powerlevel  x 5
    • Informative  x 4
    • Disagree  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Costco franks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    W00K #17

W00K #17 Can i have a swill of your beer pham?

kiwifarms.net
  8. The Post article where they claimed to have found the bottle said that the liquid smelled like bleach. Although it's entirely possible that Smollett dumped some other liquid on himself and planted the bleach later.

And when considering an attacker's other options, hot sauce itself could do some damage especially if you get it in the person's face.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Not to mention that technology is becoming increasingly malleable too. You really want to set evidence to a standard that could be edited?

I do sometimes wonder how much might be a factor of modern circumstances. With semi-realistic effects on a visual screen, more "hard drive" space taken up by increasing tech in surroundings and complexity, maybe modern humans are "offloading" their memory efforts onto their devices. I'd like to see memory studies involving the Amish or other, more primitive cultures to see if there's any variance. Like if you don't have to worry about literacy and the images you see every day are crude and simplistic, does the memory recall improve or remain the same? Could be some interesting finds there.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    Flexo

Flexo serial #3370318

kiwifarms.net
  10. upload_2019-2-11_23-18-6.png

Just getting shadier and shadier.

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Yellow Yam Scam

Yellow Yam Scam She'd better stop. She'd better stop.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Riiiiight....the easiest way to douse your victim in chemicals is by using a hot sauce bottle that dispenses one measly drop for every five shakes.

• Agree Agree x 9
    potatoe

potatoe Meets expectations

kiwifarms.net
  12. In most of these situations leaks will be breaking the law. You might not think that police breaking the law is a big deal, I think people who are given guns and powers to uphold the law should abide by the law as well.

I'd also point to the CovCath incident as an example why the police shouldn't be using the media to spin narratives when they don't have evidence that is usable in court. If the cops have a case they should be proving it in court, they shouldn't be settling for damaging people's reputations in the press or social media.

Unlike you and your therapist expert, I'm not sure whether CBF was making up shit or she was just telling the truth about an incident from decades ago. IMO it's perfectly understandable that CBF didn't remember the details surrounding that incident for the simple reason that the incident was so fucking minor.

IMO even if CBF was telling the truth the incident she described was so minor that it should have been ignored anyway. CBF claims that she thought BK might accidentally kill her and he was attempting to rape her and maybe those thoughts were totally accurate but she was just wrong, she was simply a drunken grope victim who thought something else was happening when it blatantly wasn't.

CBFs testimony was of a minor groping that has happened a billion times on this planet. But there are probably millions of people who passionately believe that CBFs account was a credible rape claim and that BK is a rapist who got off with it. That wasn't what CBF said, but it is what millions of people think they heard.

Adams was just pointing out that people's memories are utterly shit and there are lots of things that you think you remember properly when you don't.

Dude, really think about what you've written there.

You completely forgot about spitting in someone's face. One person will have said you did it and then a bunch of other people have backed them up.

You've then accepted that you've done it.

The simple fact is that you don't know whether you spat in someone's face or not. You've accepted that you spat in someone's face because a group of people said you did and you're still insisting that this is your memory and not you being suggestible.

• Dumb  x 7
    • Autistic  x 3
    • Agree  x 2
    •  x 2
    • Feels  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. All it's going to take is one major media outlet to say "Look, he hoaxed it, or at least it didn't happen the way he described it and he's embellishing tripping in the snow for free PR" and everyone is going to jump on that and say "Yeah, we always thought it was fishy" and once the media no longer back the narrative, the police would be free to say "Retract your bullshit story right now and apologize for wasting our time or we charge you".

But in the socjus era, nobody wants to be the first out of the trench and take the bullet marked "Racist"

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  14. You're making a tremendous assumption. I also think you're confusing laws with interdepartmental regulations. Please point to one example of a law barring an LEO from speaking to the press on the details of a case.

The two are not remotely related. In no way is law enforcement involved in the Covington matter (at least until they forcibly drag Kathy Griffin's shrieking ass into a courtroom). Also, how do you know what evidence the CPD does and does not have? The latest is that Smollett surrendered his phone on the 5th, and we just learned that he did so yesterday. I fail to see how updating the public on a matter with a great deal of media attention and public scrutiny does more than convey the message that they're taking the issue seriously and examining all facts before proceeding, which is precisely how they should be acting, the resulting BLM hysterics notwithstanding.

• Agree Agree x 4
    #475 Pargon, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Pargon

Pargon Mr. Self-Destruct

kiwifarms.net
  15. So wait, the MAGA ninjas were prepared to the point that they concealed the bleach in a hot sauce bottle? That means this was a premeditated crime. Which also means they hung around outside at 2 AM in a deep freeze, somehow knowing their target would go out for a sandwich at that particular time? And the bottle was still there afterwards despite a week and change of deep winter, including snow and ice?

Hmmm.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Slowboat to China

Slowboat to China Drinking Toilet Duck

kiwifarms.net
  16. Hey if Hillary carries a bottle of hot sauce around in her purse I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that a couple of hardcore MAGA guys might carry around a handy dandy disguised bottle of bleach with them. Never know when it's going to be lynchin' time in the windy city, and you don't want to be caught unprepared!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Can you hear me?

kiwifarms.net
  17. Part of the issue at the hearing is that she kept talking about it being so traumatic for her that she couldn't even do things like get on a plane (please ignore all those flight records).

Your statement just goes to show how screwed up all that was because whether it was actually minor or not, she sold it as major.

Automatic responses can be engaged without conscious effort, it's called reflexes. My buddy will talk about once during his martial arts days he was sparing with someone and suddenly heard "point!" as well as being complimented by his opponent who was shaking their head. Apparently he had just executed a flawless kick to the guy's face during a brief opening - and my buddy hadn't realized it, didn't even know it had happened.

(Note that this is what comes up when we get into police shootings - rounds can be squeezed off in a fraction of a second without conscious thought.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Flexo

Flexo serial #3370318

kiwifarms.net
  18. Also carry some cheap clothesline with you, but don't tie a noose in it beforehand, the perfect time to do that is when you're trying to subdue a guy outside in twenty below temperatures, where gloves or bare numbed hands are perfect for the job of tying small-diameter nylon rope.

• Like Like x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  19. The hot sauce bleach bottle is probably totally unconnected and just some dumb junkie’s needle cleaner he tossed out.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    OttoWest

OttoWest 1988 Miss Black Awareness Pageant finalist

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.